Batman: EW Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Releasing Nov 21st, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• A lot of trophies/achievements for those two episodes reference jokes, laughter, circus words and things like that, and the episode slides for 4 and 5 feature the Joker... So it is pretty likely that he'll be a bigger threat.
    How? We'll have to wait and see.

collboy600 posted: »

the trophey of ep 5 chapter 1 is called Laugh or die hiting that john is going to be the antagoinist for ep 5 and possible ep 4.

• I'm guessing "romantic entanglement" likely involve his reunion with Catwoman and how that impacts his cover with the Pact, or potentially having to juggle between Selina and Harley.

We have not seen John being "deadly" yet I think but it's clear he is very capable. I don't think he killed Riddler but I think he had much

• edited November 2017

I think we are definitely going to see this season end with John becoming The Joker, and cementing him as Batman's mortal enemy, though I don't think Telltale would go the obvious route of making him the final villain.

But he probably has a better chance of making it out by the end of the season then the rest of The Pact do.

• I would be interesting if, like you said, it "cemented him as Batman's mortal enemy" but kept him around for any future stories. What if his introduction as a big villain is only a setup for a future event?

Frontier246 posted: »

I think we are definitely going to see this season end with John becoming The Joker, and cementing him as Batman's mortal enemy, though I do

• There. I'm all caught up on the episodes.

I wish they kept it more simple instead of cramming everyone they could into one season. Still interested in seeing where it goes though. I just think there's so little room for character development this way. I feel vindicated by the fact that people's opinions of you change almost every conversation.

• (Doesn't John mention something about "you liked it" when talking about Bruce beating up Oswald? That would fit well with this argument)

"I've been watching you for a while now Bruce and I can tell there's something darker in you. When you attacked Oswald, I could tell you enjoyed it."

Soon after he says "I know what you really are" so you may be right. Personally I agree with you.

• On what time ET is trailer coming out?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The Batman trailer is out

• edited November 2017

John's opening up about his mental problems! Does he have schizophrenia or something?

I. JUST. WANT. TO. HELP. HIM.

Also, this proves that John's civilised state is a genuine part of him, not a ploy to fool others.

OzzyUK posted: »

• edited November 2017

Heh, I knew that whomever you left behind would be fine. Didn't expect them to spoil it in the trailer, but whatever. Road trip with John looks fun though.

• Anthony Ingruber's Joker has really grown on me since 104 (where I didn't really like him).

• If Bane just shows up after using the countervenom I slipped him then I will be sorely disappointed.

Pipas posted: »

Heh, I knew that whomever you left behind would be fine. Didn't expect them to spoil it in the trailer, but whatever. Road trip with John looks fun though.

• Only thing is I wish it was rated M.

• Prepare to be disappointed then. I very much doubt they prepared a vastly different outcome for a choice that's triple (!) determinant.

If Bane just shows up after using the countervenom I slipped him then I will be sorely disappointed.

• Cool trailer,hope Catwoman won't be an asshole if you were good with her in the first season

• I loved that part! It's interesting that he tells you about it. Wonder what options we'll have to say to him about it.

AChicken posted: »

John's opening up about his mental problems! Does he have schizophrenia or something? I. JUST. WANT. TO. HELP. HIM. Also, this proves that John's civilised state is a genuine part of him, not a ploy to fool others.

• Better yet there will be literally no difference, i.e. the game forgot I even made the choice.

Prepare to be disappointed then. I very much doubt they prepared a vastly different outcome for a choice that's triple (!) determinant.

• I hope she won't be an enemy if behaved well with her last season.

FERKILL377 posted: »

Cool trailer,hope Catwoman won't be an asshole if you were good with her in the first season

• Eh, I think Bane will at least mention it, but that's the most I expect them to make out of that choice.

Better yet there will be literally no difference, i.e. the game forgot I even made the choice.

• Can we have a name of Trailer song please? :) :)

• Telltale is killing it on all cylinders with this game. From the story, to the characters, to the promo art, and even the trailers. That scene with John was easily the best part of the trailer, we're starting to see signs of the Joker, but then he just casually shrugs it off with a sip of his drink. Another great trailer, hopefully the episode lives up to the hype.

• I mean the trailer shows Bane coming back but if you backstabbed him at the end of episode 2 how the hell won't he know it was Bruce ??
    He will decimate us on sight.

Prepare to be disappointed then. I very much doubt they prepared a vastly different outcome for a choice that's triple (!) determinant.

• edited November 2017

It could be a simple conflict-resolution scene.
    Harley will point her gun at Catwoman (or you?) if you left her behind, needing you to defuse the situation.
    Bane will go after Harley if he was left behind with Venom. You'll have to defuse the situation.
    Bane will go after you if he was left behind with Anti-Venom. You'll have to defuse the situation.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't have something of an effect, because it seemed like it would, given that the choice was in the Big choices end card. Still, the fact that Telltale managed to hide a path-changing thing like that under a small prompt was cool. I didn't expect for that "combat prompt" to be a real game-changer, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it ended the episode with different characters.
    It reinforces the point that small actions can still have big consequences.

EDIT: After a second look, Harley isn't mad at Selina. At 0:17 you can see Catwoman behind her shoulder. Harley's mad at a different member...

• It does look like we will be expelled from the Pact at the end of the episode. If you tried to double-cross Catwoman they can't work together again within the group.

• Gordon is suspicious about Bruce Wayne? Noooooooooo

• From the start, after I saw the initial trailer and what this season was building off of, I knew John was going to be a big part of it.
    The moment I first booted up the game I knew... Doesn't the main theme just scream twisted funhouse tunes?
    From the low, almost out-of-tune trumpet (or trombone) fading in, it gives the undertone of a circus.
    Anyone agree?

• Could that possibly be Harvey Bullock at the 43 second mark of the trailer?

• Well if you admitted Lucious was an ally it stands to reason he would eventually connect the dots.

Tasos_12io posted: »

Gordon is suspicious about Bruce Wayne? Noooooooooo

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

waggles eyebrows

Could that possibly be Harvey Bullock at the 43 second mark of the trailer?

• Totally was.

• My thoughts exactly. He has the hat and the right clothes. I'm just so used to seeing the Gotham version, but I am sure this guy'll be fine, if it is infact Bullock.

• Episode 5 epilogue: Bane shaves.
    That's when we know the universe is complete.
    #shitgetsreal

• That definitely looked like Bullock.

It seems like he sees Bruce with the Pact before Joker knocks him out and that's how Gordon gets suspicious of Bruce Wayne.

• edited November 2017

So John's Joker persona is some kind of other personality or internal part of himself that he's scared of letting out? I wonder what's going to force him to let it out (something happening to Harley)?

Definitely looks like John does get to encounter Batman in this episode.

I'm guessing the fight with Catwoman is over who gets to take whatever the Pact wants from Riddler's hideout.

Looks like were are definitely getting to the point where Tiffany either finds out we're Batman or we get the chance to tell her.

I'm wondering what our responses to Gordon about his Bruce Wayne suspicions can be? Can we divert them or give Jim indication of our real identity?

• Looks like were are definitely getting to the point where Tiffany either finds out we're Batman or we get the chance to tell her.

It's going to happen. Bruce needs an engineer and unless we get thrown a curveball on this, it's going to be her.

Bet the staff are loving this shit. I know I would if it were my project. People will always praise and dislike everything, but getting people to discuss the world you helped create is just the best.

• edited November 2017

It's fun to discuss it, even as a fan!
    It just shows how much love this series has gotten so far. The world runs deep.

Edit: If all goes well for the rest of the season (that is - if the layoffs didn't affect the Batman team), this could turn out to be Telltale's next flagship series.

Johro posted: »

Looks like were are definitely getting to the point where Tiffany either finds out we're Batman or we get the chance to tell her. It

• Well, with Walking Dead ending (or at least Clementine's saga), I can see Telltale relying on other IP's moving forward.

AChicken posted: »

It's fun to discuss it, even as a fan! It just shows how much love this series has gotten so far. The world runs deep. Edit: If all goes

• He might suspect it was all Harley's elaborate plan to cut him off since she was the one who left him behind. Or he'll be pissed at Bruce either way. Regardless, I'm pretty sure that choice won't have much of an impact, but what do I know, Telltale might still suprise me.

I mean the trailer shows Bane coming back but if you backstabbed him at the end of episode 2 how the hell won't he know it was Bruce ?? He will decimate us on sight.

• I actually left on bad terms with selina so Im going to look forward to kicking her ass in episode 3 . >:)

• Couldn't agree more.

I actually left on bad terms with selina so Im going to look forward to kicking her ass in episode 3 .

Sign in to comment in this discussion.