Batman: EW Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Releasing Nov 21st, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• Hope so

That's only if you parted on bad terms, right ? Why would she be aggressive if you parted as friends ? Does not make sense.

• Could be any number of things. Could be a ruse on Selina's part to play John and/or company. Could be a ruse on Bruce's part. Could be a plan they both had. Could be the enemy route. Or it could even be an inevitable outcome, which is common in Telltale. Hope it makes sense whatever it is though.

That's only if you parted on bad terms, right ? Why would she be aggressive if you parted as friends ? Does not make sense.

• edited November 2017

Seems like it takes place very early in the episode. Maybe she wants to make it sound like her and Bruce are enemies for.....some reason ? I don't think they had any time to come up with any "plan".

I hope this outcome is not inevitable. The whole point is to have a degree of choice after all. I hope we can stay on her goodside unless Telltale have other ideas.

EDIT : no. They are in Riddler's hideout, so you are right. Depending on how you interacted with her this outcome is a possibility.

Sarunas21 posted: »

Could be any number of things. Could be a ruse on Selina's part to play John and/or company. Could be a ruse on Bruce's part. Could be a pla

• I don't wanna sound ungrateful. Three screenshot teasers are great and all....But I'm hungry for some trailer action.
    Since there was no trailer announcement with the three screenshots, if not today, I assume they'll release a trailer this Friday

• Trailers are usually Thursday, stay patient :)

Sarunas21 posted: »

I don't wanna sound ungrateful. Three screenshot teasers are great and all....But I'm hungry for some trailer action. Since there was no trailer announcement with the three screenshots, if not today, I assume they'll release a trailer this Friday

• I love John in the background with his phone. So amazing.

bthom20 posted: »

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/930480509775355904

• edited November 2017

No, no... they're just playing a game of catch!!

Epic Key art for this episode! What awesome one will we see next?

OzzyUK posted: »

Next one https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/930465364558917632

• This is my favorite ongoing Telltale game right now. Patience is so.....so....so hard

bthom20 posted: »

Trailers are usually Thursday, stay patient

• My predictions about the screenshots:

• Harley is probably pointing the gun at Selina because she doesn't trust her. There will be a choice to vouch for her or not which will affect our relationship with her. I suspect that Bane will have a similar scene if hes with you instead.
    • John vs. Batman? Sure seems that way, although John seems to have his happy face on instead of his evil/aggressive one. Also the Stacked Deck is in the background. I think you will get this scene if Harley is left behind and therefore John is roaming the town upset and going to the bar.
    • Selina vs. Bruce at the Riddler's hideout. I'm really excited about this one, as we ended s1 as enemies. I'm wondering just how far the Catwoman relationship will change, I hope that you can become friends again if you left as enemies and vice versa. Also John is in the background lol, I guess the Pact needs something from Riddler's body AND his hideout.

Anyways im really pumped that it's coming out in a week. I'm going to try my hardest not to watch the trailer though, i find that I enjoy the episodes more when i go in blind.

• Interesting points, but I don't think Selina has to "prove" anything. After all she is a proven criminal.
    I anticipate some friction between Bruce, Harley and Selina. John as the third wheel.
    I hope we will be able to get along with everyone, keeping Selina as a friend, not offending Harley and rooting for John.

It's clear Riddler hid something in his hideout that the Pact needs Catwoman to retrieve.

My predictions about the screenshots: * Harley is probably pointing the gun at Selina because she doesn't trust her. There will be a ch

• She doesn't have to prove that she is a criminal; she has to prove that she is loyal to the Pact, just like Bruce did.

Interesting points, but I don't think Selina has to "prove" anything. After all she is a proven criminal. I anticipate some friction betwe

• I wonder if John throwing a Batarang means Batman fights him or that John collected one as part of his Batman fanboyism? Though it looks like we're going to be reminded of how deadly John can be in a fight again next episode.

I'm wondering if the fight with Catwoman is situational, depending on your relationship with her by the end of season 1, or if something the Pact does or makes you or her do sets it off.

• Perhaps Bane gave the batarang to John after the fight in episode 2.

• Or maybe He stole it from Bane's desk

Perhaps Bane gave the batarang to John after the fight in episode 2.

• edited November 2017

We have not seen John being "deadly" yet I think but it's clear he is very capable. I don't think he killed Riddler but I think he had much more of an impact than he wants us to believe.
    Remember the EMP thing ?
    Episode 4 and 5 seem to imply he will be the antagonist.

Official description
    **Brace yourselves, Batman fans: your undercover adventure continues one week from today! Fractured Mask, the third of five Batman: The Enemy Within episodes, will be available for download on all platforms starting November 21. We’ll have a brand new trailer for you this Thursday, November 16, but for now, here are a few more details about what’s in store:

After an unexpected reunion, Bruce finds his attention (and his loyalties) stretched in yet another direction. Now, in addition to brokering a power struggle between Commissioner Gordon and Amanda Waller, Bruce must balance romantic entanglements with his mission to infiltrate the Pact. As he plunges deeper into the criminal underworld, the villains' plan starts to come into focus, but will his deceptions take a dire toll?**

It will likely boil down to Catwoman vs The Agency in terms of loyalties. The Agency expects us to take her down with the Pact but it would be foolish for us to do such a thing as Selina knows our identity.

Frontier246 posted: »

I wonder if John throwing a Batarang means Batman fights him or that John collected one as part of his Batman fanboyism? Though it looks lik

• Bruce must balance romantic entanglements

Oh shit, please let it be Harley vs. Selina.

• "Bruce must balance romantic entanglements with his mission to infiltrate the Pact."

• Bruce must balance romantic entanglements with his mission to infiltrate the Pact.

Really, this stuff again Telltale, did you learn nothing from ANF?

• Ah it felt like forever waiting for this even though it was only a month. Well I guess we will get the trailer Thursday.

• To catch three new screenshots of the Batman cast in action, simply scroll down, and to learn more about Fractured Mask, check back here this Thursday or follow Telltale on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Yeah, it looks like they'll release a trailer on Thursday.

• Well since most of the fans of this series wanted said "romantic entanglements" fleshed out (as evidenced by all those Harley/Avesta/Selina threads) I'd say Telltale is doing exactly what people want. But we just couldn't resist bringing New Frontier into this and act like it's the Ride To Hell of Telltale Games.

Bruce must balance romantic entanglements with his mission to infiltrate the Pact. Really, this stuff again Telltale, did you learn nothing from ANF?

• Just wait for Wolf S2, Bigby's struggles for lust between Colin, Bufkin and Toad Jr

HexIgon posted: »

Well since most of the fans of this series wanted said "romantic entanglements" fleshed out (as evidenced by all those Harley/Avesta/Selina

• Now if only we can get Frank to return too.

HexIgon posted: »

Well since most of the fans of this series wanted said "romantic entanglements" fleshed out (as evidenced by all those Harley/Avesta/Selina

• Could it mean we have to chose between staying on Harley's goodside (aka the Mission) or help Selina which might shake the grounds between Bruce and the Pact's leader. If we side with Catwoman maybe Harley will grow frustrated and kick us out.

Imagine a situation like Bane vs Harley except replace the former with Catwoman.

Shaboomm posted: »

"Bruce must balance romantic entanglements with his mission to infiltrate the Pact."

• edited November 2017

Bruce must balance romantic entanglements with his mission to infiltrate the Pact.

I'd say Telltale is doing exactly what people want.

Hmm. Harley+Ivy. Make it happen, team! That's what the people want(one of the best TAS episodes).

• edited November 2017

Yes, this seems very possible. Harley seems really annoyed when she can't manipulate or influence someone she's interested in (as we saw during the events of Wayne Tower in episode 2 if Bruce rejected her advances). I will try to keep my cover intact, at least until we know exactly what the Pact is after (sorry Selina, I'd only break my cover for Alfred or Gordon).

Could it mean we have to chose between staying on Harley's goodside (aka the Mission) or help Selina which might shake the grounds between B

• So now that the episode is a week away, what is everyone most excited for out of all the plot points?

I'm most looking forward to telling Tiffany that I'm Batman, and seeing if i can bang Selina again after leaving things on a poor note.

• Plsssssss let there be Avesta and Bruce potential romance plsssss Telltale!

"Bruce must balance romantic entanglements with his mission to infiltrate the Pact."

• edited November 2017

I'm excited to learn whatever the Pact's true plan is. This "undercover crime thriller" angle this season's been having is awesome. Selina... not too excited for. Was never a fan of their romance last season. She's basically just an obstacle to me now, because I know she's going to mess with me somehow. But I am excited for whatever other surprises Telltale throws at us.

The synopsis of Episode 4 mentions "After a shocking revelation..." so, something big is about to go down.

So now that the episode is a week away, what is everyone most excited for out of all the plot points? I'm most looking forward to telling Tiffany that I'm Batman, and seeing if i can bang Selina again after leaving things on a poor note.

• But then if you leave her behind she could blow your cover any minute.

Yes, this seems very possible. Harley seems really annoyed when she can't manipulate or influence someone she's interested in (as we saw dur

• Or friends, here's hoping, but tbh my theory is that "The Pact" is going to find out that Bruce is Batman(maybe even with the help of Selina) and we will have a choice to either Completely Join "The Pact" now! Or exit them completely! In which case i'm of course 200% going with "Join The Pact" choice!

So, Batman and John will finally become enemies. Finally.

• I don't think that this scene will take place during their meeting at the beginning of ep3, just look at the background that's clearly not The Pact underground, it's a Riddler's hideout!

• edited November 2017

It's more likely Waller sells us out than Catwoman, I don't see any reason at all why she would be angry at us if we parted on good terms and we don't do anything stupid I guess. Even Waller must be aware that she is a very delicate case for Bruce.

The "revelation" could also be that John explicitly makes his knowledge of Batman's identity known to him or the Pact. To impress Harley.

max_pain943 posted: »

Or friends, here's hoping, but tbh my theory is that "The Pact" is going to find out that Bruce is Batman(maybe even with the help of Selina

• It will probably be another "influencing John Doe" moment, where John will observe and learn from how you handle certain situations.

Pipas posted: »

Lol, John recording everything in the background. Love it.

• You got your priorities set straight!

So now that the episode is a week away, what is everyone most excited for out of all the plot points? I'm most looking forward to telling Tiffany that I'm Batman, and seeing if i can bang Selina again after leaving things on a poor note.

• Knowing what the Riddler's corpse is for. Like, what is their plan, their goal.

I was disappointed the story barely moved forward in episode 2. I want to know.

• edited November 2017

Hm... John revealing Batman's identity sounds interesting too! There have been many signs and theories that John might know that Bruce = Batman, so that's very much could happend like that!

It's more likely Waller sells us out than Catwoman, I don't see any reason at all why she would be angry at us if we parted on good terms an

• I don't see how this can even be disputed that he knows who we are. He did not said it out loud but "I know what you really are" is not exactly subtle.

The real question is what is he planning to do with this.

max_pain943 posted: »

Hm... John revealing Batman's identity sounds interesting too! There have been many signs and theories that John might know that Bruce = Batman, so that's very much could happend like that!

• the trophey of ep 5 chapter 1 is called Laugh or die hiting that john is going to be the antagoinist for ep 5 and possible ep 4.

• Well, you could interpret that "I know who you really are" line as many things.
    Obviously, we know Bruce as Batman.
    Gotham knows Bruce as this big billionaire-entrepreneur-playboy.. He's generally a good guy.
    John has this fascination with Bruce, much like he has a fascination with violence and chaos whenever it occurs. I think (no, I need) John's line to be more of a reference to "I know this nice playboy angle isn't the real you" He knows that Bruce has this darkness, this anger inside him, but he keeps it hidden and puts this social mask on.
    I don't believe that John knows that Bruce is Batman, but he knows that something is up, and he's not who he says to be.
    (Doesn't John mention something about "you liked it" when talking about Bruce beating up Oswald? That would fit well with this argument)

I don't see how this can even be disputed that he knows who we are. He did not said it out loud but "I know what you really are" is not exactly subtle. The real question is what is he planning to do with this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.