Batman: EW Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Releasing Nov 21st, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• At least the romance is avoidable for you and the others who feel that way.

J-Master posted: »

Holy crap, I’m not alone! Everything about the Catwoman romance in the first season was the practical definition of shoehorned in fan servic

• You guys are reaching beyond belief.

Putinovich posted: »

"My wife followed your goings in the society column, Wayne. You have fucked more women than I can count."

• I don’t hate the idea of a romance, I just prefer to keep it a “will they won’t they?” It’s much better written in that way.

At least the romance is avoidable for you and the others who feel that way.

• edited November 2017

Is it reaching? When Freeze tells Bruce that Bruce is more accustomed to lust then love, what do you think he's saying exactly? He's not exactly saying that Bruce likes to take women out for picnics. When it comes to women, Bruce is apparently no different in the game then he is in the comic books,

You guys are reaching beyond belief.

• I always took that as Freeze just saying Bruce only does favors for those who can give him what he wants meaning that in Freeze’s eyes, Bruce is just another selfish business man. So yes, it is reaching that Telltale’s version is some kind of “male slut”, it’s dumb.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Is it reaching? When Freeze tells Bruce that Bruce is more accustomed to lust then love, what do you think he's saying exactly? He's not ex

• What part of favors is compared to love or lust? Lust means what it literally means, and since it's in a conversation about love between husband and wife, it obviously means that Bruce has had one night stands and strictly physical relationships before. If there's anyone doing the reaching here, it's your argument of the opposite.

I always took that as Freeze just saying Bruce only does favors for those who can give him what he wants meaning that in Freeze’s eyes, Bruc

• "My wife followed your going ons in the society column, Wayne. You fucked sooooo many girls, bro" was the exact quote, I believe.

I don't think he said that verbatim but that's the idea.

• edited November 2017

Alright I just watched a clip of what you’re talking about and from my perspective, it means that Bruce has had tons of women lust after him rather than him fucking tons of women. Even if that’s 100% true though, it doesn’t even negate my original point that the Catwoman romance is poorly written fan service and that I’m annoyed with the fact that Telltale may force Bruce into loving Selina even though I decided to keep it platonic in Season 1.

Osiris1695 posted: »

What part of favors is compared to love or lust? Lust means what it literally means, and since it's in a conversation about love between hus

• Does Freeze actually say the word fucked? I don't remember him saying that. Also Bruce could've just used those women to trick Gotham into thinking that he is a womanizing playboy I mean Bruce seems like a good guy deep down I doubt he'd use women like that.

"My wife followed your goings in the society column, Wayne. You have fucked more women than I can count."

• edited November 2017

(Didn't know where to put this, but it's mainly related to Batman so...)
    Now here's something crazy: LootCrate's November box will include a digital download of Batman: The Telltale Series (for PC) and a discount code for 25% off the second season!
    Interview with Job: https://www.lootcrate.com/community/daily-crate/telltale-batman-job-stauffer-interview/

Not too much is new, but there is this one good quote:

"We were huge fans of Robert Kirkman’s ‘The Walking Dead’ comic a long time before the AMC show premiered. We met him on the floor at Comic-Con and he was a fan of Telltale himself, but more specifically StrongBad’s Cool Game for Attractive People! It took a project like that to convince Robert that we knew how to translate stories into the gaming space [...]"

• edited November 2017

Any news on the release date yet? I was going to wait until all episodes had been released but I gave in a couple of days ago and played 1 + 2... NEED 3 in my life ASAP. I am loving Harley in this... Also just started Guardians..

• I believe that Episode 3 is coming out soon because it was rated by both countries meaning the episode is complete and that they are polishing the gameplay. So I think it should at least come out before December.

krazy2k16 posted: »

Any news on the release date yet? I was going to wait until all episodes had been released but I gave in a couple of days ago and played 1 + 2... NEED 3 in my life ASAP. I am loving Harley in this... Also just started Guardians..

• edited November 2017

He says "My wife followed your goings in the society column, Wayne. You're more familiar with lust than love."

Does Freeze actually say the word fucked? I don't remember him saying that. Also Bruce could've just used those women to trick Gotham into t

• Now that Guardians of the Galaxy has wrapped up, hopefully Batman is going to get more manpower for development of the episodes.

• Hopefully most of the Batman crew stayed on board given that 25% of Telltale’s staff have been let off.

Now that Guardians of the Galaxy has wrapped up, hopefully Batman is going to get more manpower for development of the episodes.

• Yikes! That does not inspire confidence...

Hopefully most of the Batman crew stayed on board given that 25% of Telltale’s staff have been let off.

• Yeah, I’m kind of almost betting that Episode 4 and 5 and maybe even Episode 3 are to get major delays. That is if most of the team is still in tact. If not, then the final three episodes of Enemy Within are going to be a bit of a doozy.

ShampaFK posted: »

Yikes! That does not inspire confidence...

• I doubt that episode 3 will be included in that doozy, considering the episode is probably 95% finished.

Yeah, I’m kind of almost betting that Episode 4 and 5 and maybe even Episode 3 are to get major delays. That is if most of the team is still in tact. If not, then the final three episodes of Enemy Within are going to be a bit of a doozy.

• I'm guessing that the episode is announced on Thursday and released on the 14th.

• I hope you are right man I am hoping that the next episode comes out soon because Justice League the movie is coming out soon and what better way to remind people of it than to have a Batman game come out.

I'm guessing that the episode is announced on Thursday and released on the 14th.

• Wow that's a bit short a window. I would not bet on it.

I'm guessing that the episode is announced on Thursday and released on the 14th.

• So Guardians of the Galaxy is being considered a financial flop... and Batman: The Enemy Within has approximately HALF the amount of owners on Steam. With all the drama going on at Telltale at the moment, I'm worried about how the rest of the season will turn out.

Episode three will probably be unaffected, but what about the next two? I worry they're not going to put as much effort into the season afterwards. This shit always happens with these games. The first three episodes usually build up to a good series midpoint (relative to the entire game's quality) then suffer rushed, disappointing penultimate and finale episodes. The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands idk maybe TTGOT is a better example, and A New Frontier all had this problem (again, relative to the entire game's quality- episode three was ANF's best.)

Obviously it's solely my opinion but I can't help but notice a pattern. The first two episodes of Batman S2 were not flawless, but pretty damn good. I don't want to disappointed by this again, especially with TWAU S2 approaching. I mean this entire post is just me venting a little but surely others can understand my concern?

• I thought GOT finale was a pretty good episode. The downside was the extremely long waiting (4 months, If I recall correctly) and the fact that it ended on a cliffhanger.

hemfbg posted: »

So Guardians of the Galaxy is being considered a financial flop... and Batman: The Enemy Within has approximately HALF the amount of owners

• Of the handful of people which posted that they were still employed, the majority of them were on the Batman team. I think most of them are safe... Until the season is over any way.

Hopefully most of the Batman crew stayed on board given that 25% of Telltale’s staff have been let off.

• I think Guardians of the Galaxy's problem was partially to do with the art style it was all wrong. They should of gone for a comic book look like Batman & TWD visually they both look really good.

So Guardians of the Galaxy is being considered a financial flop... and Batman: The Enemy Within has approximately HALF the amount of owners

• Guardians is considered a financial flop? Could you provide a source on that?

• Uh, yeah. Taking 4 months to deliver a relatively short and emotionally unsatisfying finale, leaving the entire season's conflict on a terrible cliffhanger, and then postponing s2 after over 2 years of complete radio silence is unacceptable. I loved the story and characters of GoT but fans deserved so, so much better.

GoT is one of many examples of Telltale dropping the ball with a series that had limitless potential. Just look at the amount of views for the Episode 1 trailer: nearly 4 million! Wow! Clearly people were interested and willing to give it a shot. Then you have a whole season filled with bugs, choices literally not mattering, invincible plot armor villains, and getting shat on in every scene. By the time the finale comes out, nobody has faith anymore as you can tell from the PITIFUL 200k views.

Sorry for the rant but I just feel like people should stop making excuses. There should NEVER be a 4 month wait between episodes (GoT). A season should NEVER be so poorly optimized that it is basically unplayable (Batman s1). And a series main character should NEVER be put on the backburner for some pet project about a Cuban family (ANF). I love Telltale games but they ignored the fans for way too long and they are paying for it dearly with their sales, views, and reputation.

Shaboomm posted: »

I thought GOT finale was a pretty good episode. The downside was the extremely long waiting (4 months, If I recall correctly) and the fact that it ended on a cliffhanger.

• Uh, all you have to do is look at the sales figures and the amount of views on the trailers. Hardly anyone is buying the game. Even at r/GuardiansOfTheGalaxy people were asking why the fuck the game was even made in the first place.

Guardians is considered a financial flop? Could you provide a source on that?

• Asking the real questions

• B-but I thought everyone was waiting for the expertly optimized s1 for the Nintendo Switch?!?!

Asking the real questions

• lol good one

B-but I thought everyone was waiting for the expertly optimized s1 for the Nintendo Switch?!?!

• I'm not making any excuses. Especially not for Telltale. I already said that a 4 month waiting is way too long and it should not be accepted. I'm only saying that I personally enjoyed the episode (despite that insulting cliffhanger ) and the series as a whole, even though I can see that it's not even remotely one of Telltale's best works. I did connect with the main characters and the main conflict.

Uh, yeah. Taking 4 months to deliver a relatively short and emotionally unsatisfying finale, leaving the entire season's conflict on a terr

• I desire the choice to kill Riddler so I can avenge Lucius, but I also want the option to help Freeze. I actually am willing to help him cure his wife and I kinda want him to be my ally. And maybe use his tech

I'm still going grey hero

• He looked dead to me in episode 1. But Harley's wording at the end of episode 2 sort of implied his state (alive or dead) was determinant, that they needed him alive.

SilentmanX posted: »

I desire the choice to kill Riddler so I can avenge Lucius, but I also want the option to help Freeze. I actually am willing to help him cure his wife and I kinda want him to be my ally. And maybe use his tech I'm still going grey hero

• He's alive. Wondering what he will think now? Because I told him that the Pact ditched him in episode one

Still want to kill him because of what he did with Lucius

He looked dead to me in episode 1. But Harley's wording at the end of episode 2 sort of implied his state (alive or dead) was determinant, that they needed him alive.

• I'm sure he's dead. He has to be.
    Bruce said the mixture of drugs Riddler was shot with was "lethal".
    And if that didn't kill him, then I'm sure being a frozen popsicle did. Maybe they'll bring him back? I wouldn't want that. That would really be stretching the limits of the grounded reality that's been set so far.

He's alive. Wondering what he will think now? Because I told him that the Pact ditched him in episode one Still want to kill him because of what he did with Lucius

• He knows John Doe set him up, he did not need Batman to tell him. I don't think he's alive, as Chicken said this would be quite a stretch.

I still stand by my theory that Waller had him killed once she had someone else to infiltrate the pact, someone who could prove more loyal to her by the way since Bruce and Waller do have common interests.

He's alive. Wondering what he will think now? Because I told him that the Pact ditched him in episode one Still want to kill him because of what he did with Lucius

• I feel like it's exaggeration on Freeze's part, no doubt that someone as rich and popular as Bruce has all kinds of rumors being thrown around about him.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Is it reaching? When Freeze tells Bruce that Bruce is more accustomed to lust then love, what do you think he's saying exactly? He's not ex

• I'd assume it was true. It's not uncommon that the wealthiest bachelor in Gotham probably sleeps around. Or used to, before being Batman.
    Either way I'm sure he's been approached about "having a good time" ;)
    Whether or not that is true, the fact that Bruce "knows how important that kind of love is [having a true lover, a relationship]" compared to an encounter based on lust probably is. I don't think Bruce has had many long relationships yet.

prink34320 posted: »

I feel like it's exaggeration on Freeze's part, no doubt that someone as rich and popular as Bruce has all kinds of rumors being thrown around about him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.