Batman: EW Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Releasing Nov 21st, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• Oh, well that's neat for sure. But in this case 90 minutes was hardly unexpected.

Adding the run times for the things they rate in New Zealand.

• I don't really care why she went crazy, just that she did. Also, I am not very sympathetic to people who become horrible versions of themselves because some wrong was done to them, or because they have experienced loss. For example - people who contracted HIV because their lover didn't inform them of their status and then, out of bitterness for their lot in life, go on to infect other people with HIV.
    A lot of people suffer through loss with a great deal more grace than Harley - such as the people who were hurt in Vegas. I just read the story of a man who lost a parent to that madman, and he is quoted as saying that he isn't going to hate Paddock. That is the appropriate response - and better than I would be capable of - not turning into a violent psychopath like Harley.
    I have zero sympathy for Freeze - him losing his wife doesn't justify perpetrating that sort of suffering on other people. Asshole (Freeze) needs to accept loss and move on.

Well to be honest Bruce Wayne does have a tendency to sleep with many female villains. Such as Catwoman and Talia Al Ghul so I'm just saying

• End of November, probably.

When do you guys think they'll announce the release date for episode three?

• @ShampaFK I don't see how you can enjoy any good story when you look at characters in such a basic black & white way.

ShampaFK posted: »

I don't really care why she went crazy, just that she did. Also, I am not very sympathetic to people who become horrible versions of themsel

• More like some characters don't deserve to be pitied on. I have no sympathy for murderers, fictionnal or otherwise.
    And I'm glad some characters like Alfred call them what they are.

Does not mean we can't enjoy the story.

AgentZ46 posted: »

@ShampaFK I don't see how you can enjoy any good story when you look at characters in such a basic black & white way.

• I think they just need time for all the characters. Also, I still wish I'm wrong about Gordon dying. I mean yes I'm 100% sure that they will make it work but it's one of the characters you just don't want to lose

• So you'll have no sympathy for John when he for example murders someone because he stood in the way of freeing Harley when he clearly doesn't understand the consequences of such an act?

More like some characters don't deserve to be pitied on. I have no sympathy for murderers, fictionnal or otherwise. And I'm glad some characters like Alfred call them what they are. Does not mean we can't enjoy the story.

• Yup.

HexIgon posted: »

So you'll have no sympathy for John when he for example murders someone because he stood in the way of freeing Harley when he clearly doesn't understand the consequences of such an act?

• Well that's a completely fine way of thinking but I believe that you can only truly stop people like Harley and Freeze when you get through to them and convince them that what they've done is wrong and evil. Think about it, you won't kill them (perks of being a Batman) so you'll just put them in a prison or an asylum which they can easily escape in the future, murder everyone in it and start killing again. Batman is about helping people no? And helping the villains will help everyone else in the long run.

I don't really care why she went crazy, just that she did. Also, I am not very sympathetic to people who become horrible versions of themsel

• TellTale slowly trying to get back to one hour episodes. Episode 1 was 2 hours, Episode 2 was an hour and 40, now Episode 3 is an hour and a half.

I see what you're trying to do TellTale.

OzzyUK posted: »

I just noticed that episode 2 has been rated by New Zealand and is showing a run time of 90 minutes. http://www.fvlb.org.nz/nz/pages/publication-details.html?title=203391

• I enjoy a story when justice is served. I get that Batman doesn't believe he should mete out capital punishment (something that separates him from characters like Dexter) but I firmly believe that serial killers should be executed. I wish such a thing were possible in the Batman universe.

@ShampaFK I don't see how you can enjoy any good story when you look at characters in such a basic black & white way.

• Insanity is just such a crazy excuse for people getting away with heinous crimes. What do you mean, he doesn't understand the consequences of his actions? He denies killing Riddler and says that he couldn't kill someone in cold blood. And yet, he enjoys violence and is completely okay with associating with murderers. He worships one, and is in love with her.

So you'll have no sympathy for John when he for example murders someone because he stood in the way of freeing Harley when he clearly doesn't understand the consequences of such an act?

• I am not Batman, and I don't think some people can be helped. I am not the forgiving sort, and am not going to forget the horrible things they did. They need to rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

Well that's a completely fine way of thinking but I believe that you can only truly stop people like Harley and Freeze when you get through

• I hope this episode gets moderate sex impact has part rating in Australian Classification. I pray that happens and hope for some Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne potential romance.

• edited October 2017

Neither am I. I'm not a forgiving person and the pact have done horrible things to people expect for Freeze. He just wants to save Nora and do anything to save her. I feel like he could help us if we could try to help him find a cure by continuing his research and work for us in a way.

I am not Batman, and I don't think some people can be helped. I am not the forgiving sort, and am not going to forget the horrible things they did. They need to rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

• I disagree with you re Freeze. He needs to accept his wife's death. Killing other people in an attempt to save her life, people who are not trying to kill her, is not justified. The disease she has is killing her.

strwar3 posted: »

Neither am I. I'm not a forgiving person and the pact have done horrible things to people expect for Freeze. He just wants to save Nora and

• Telltale posted this on Twitter with the caption "Happy Cat Day!"

It may not be Episode 3 related, but it still gives us a nice look at the updated Catwoman model.

• edited October 2017

Well maybe i mean Freeze loves his wife and based on a choice if something like what it comes down to a cure for his wife or we could just get rid of the cure all together and that could play role into Freeze's anger or depression based on that choice.

I think it's more possible to actually know if Bruce wants to help him find a cure or just let and tell Freeze to let her go. Telltale could probably do that. My choice would be helping his wife and have ally like Freeze.

I disagree with you re Freeze. He needs to accept his wife's death. Killing other people in an attempt to save her life, people who are not trying to kill her, is not justified. The disease she has is killing her.

• He's insane and that murderer was one of the few people who listened to him and helped him. Of course he would revere her. He behaves as the people he spends most of his time with behave. He doesn't seem to understand basic concepts of human society and unless he's steered down the right path, he never will.

Insanity is just such a crazy excuse for people getting away with heinous crimes. What do you mean, he doesn't understand the consequences o

• Are you for real? Freeze has the least amount of empathy out of all the Pact members. He simply just doesn't care about anyone but his sorry cause. He's willing to murder anyone in his way in a horrible manner in a split-second decision! He's the most dangerous criminal out there!

strwar3 posted: »

Neither am I. I'm not a forgiving person and the pact have done horrible things to people expect for Freeze. He just wants to save Nora and

• You don't think or you don't want to? Forgiving isn't necessary but your solution to to the problem isn't really helping anyone.

I am not Batman, and I don't think some people can be helped. I am not the forgiving sort, and am not going to forget the horrible things they did. They need to rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

• edited October 2017

True,but still I just think Freeze will probably become a ally.Just a suggestion. I think Telltale might(I don't know if they will or not)do it.

Are you for real? Freeze has the least amount of empathy out of all the Pact members. He simply just doesn't care about anyone but his sorry

• Sure it is. Keeping them in prison presumably would prevent them from hurting or killing other innocent people. Plus, they have lost their rights to a free life when they took other people's (or peoples') lives.

You don't think or you don't want to? Forgiving isn't necessary but your solution to to the problem isn't really helping anyone.

• Question? Did you think in this episode depending who you leave behind in episode 2?Will be interrogated? Like Bane or Harley? I have STRONG feeling that is gonna happen. Cause think about it John Doe wants to get Harley back and I think that's gonna be interesting if that happen

Sure it is. Keeping them in prison presumably would prevent them from hurting or killing other innocent people. Plus, they have lost their rights to a free life when they took other people's (or peoples') lives.

• I see what you're trying to do TellTale.

Give us the appropriate length of time for the story presented in each episode? :tongue:

bloop posted: »

TellTale slowly trying to get back to one hour episodes. Episode 1 was 2 hours, Episode 2 was an hour and 40, now Episode 3 is an hour and a half. I see what you're trying to do TellTale.

• edited October 2017

For someone who suffers from mental disease, I'm sure glad that I don't know some of you in real life. All this capital punishment/unforgiving crap is straight up extreme. I'm lucky that I've had some pretty forgiving people in my life. Otherwise I'd be alone.

• Mental illness is no excuse for murder. Sorry not sorry.

AnimalBoy posted: »

For someone who suffers from mental disease, I'm sure glad that I don't know some of you in real life. All this capital punishment/unforgivi

• He never said it was. I think @AnimalBoy is just baffled by the complete lack of sympathy some of the forum members are showing.

Mental illness is no excuse for murder. Sorry not sorry.

• I have not seen anyone lacking basic human empathy here. He might very well be overreacting.

He never said it was. I think @AnimalBoy is just baffled by the complete lack of sympathy some of the forum members are showing.

• There's a difference between having a mental illness or disease and having a mental illness or desease and murdering people. People still have to take responsibility for their own actions and choices.

• You're not entirely right. An insane person usually can't bear legal responsibility for their actions. Insane also doesn't equal mental illness.

There's a difference between having a mental illness or disease and having a mental illness or desease and murdering people. People still have to take responsibility for their own actions and choices.

• I feel like some people have forgotten that you don't exactly choose to be insane, having an extreme mental disease just isn't something you can will to go away. Some of the people are the way they are because of intense mental trauma that can't just go away or are just born that way without knowing the difference between right and wrong and how what they're doing fits in with morality. I'm not really trying to justify them, but you're condemning them to death without even attempting to help solve their problems, because some of these people can be helped. Arguably, that makes you just as bad because you're trying to play judge, jury and executioner.

There's a difference between having a mental illness or disease and having a mental illness or desease and murdering people. People still have to take responsibility for their own actions and choices.

• Thanks for hitting the nail on the head. That was my main point.

He never said it was. I think @AnimalBoy is just baffled by the complete lack of sympathy some of the forum members are showing.

• edited October 2017

Then you're blind. The lack of sympathy towards some of the characters in this game from some of the posters here baffle me. Yeah, they're bad people who do bad things, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve a chance at redemption. Even if they don't take it or want that chance. The callus opinion that these people don't deserve a chance and should just rot in prison without hope/be killed infuriates me.

I've never committed murder, but I have driven people away with my real life mental issues before. I also have people who've stood by me despite my issues and mistakes and have never given up on me. Why? Because they gave me a chance. I'm not going to sit here and dish out my private life as far as what I suffer from, but my issues can make me a bit extreme to deal with/be around sometimes and yet these certain people have never given up on me. I know from personal experience, both given and taken that people deserve a chance instead of just being given up on without a second chance. You don't think so? Fine. I''m still going to stick to my opinion that that's an extremely cold way of thinking.

I have not seen anyone lacking basic human empathy here. He might very well be overreacting.

• Telltale can take as long as they want, the possibilities are endless for this series. Hopefully we get a nice long episode with the amount of characters at play.

• edited October 2017

Thread: any idea when episode 3 will come cannot wait more TT

?????

• Are you actually complaining about people lacking sympathy towards fictional videogame characters?

AnimalBoy posted: »

Then you're blind. The lack of sympathy towards some of the characters in this game from some of the posters here baffle me. Yeah, they're b

• edited October 2017

And then, on the other side of the spectrum you have people complaining about others enjoying fictional "anti-social" characters...

Simply put, everyone has their own opinions. I guess we should...

Gudmooore posted: »

Are you actually complaining about people lacking sympathy towards fictional videogame characters?

• The lack of sympathy is Telltale's own fault. It feels intentional though. I often find myself feeling bad for characters with bad back stories, but only if that story is treated like something worth the time to flesh out. And for the most part, you won't find that in this episode. If you team up with Waller and not Gordon, you won't even get the info on Harley's father. And Freeze's story is treated as leverage to manipulate the vote and nothing more.

If Telltale had us see Freeze's wife, see his work and make us truly feel the love he has for her, anything to drive the emotions home, I would feel bad, even a little bit, but they didn't do that. Harley only explained his desperation to Bruce and even then, she thought that his methods were highly suspect, and this is coming from a person who'd laugh while playing Whack-a-Mole with the heads of innocents. Freeze's story is sad, but Telltale does nothing to convince you to feel bad for him.

Harley is kinda the same because Gordon just springs her story onto you. But considering it did nothing substantial right away when you confront her about it, I'm guessing she'll become a sympathetic character later in the story. Out of the 4 in the Pact, aside from John, she's definitely the most sensible when you look past the crazy. Her and John are the most likely to change by the end of the season. Whether that change is positive or negative is in the air at the moment.

• edited October 2017

Firstly, works of fiction, if written well are supposed to bring out feelings in it's reader, viewer, player etc. So yeah, i am. If these characters don't make people feel anything be it sympathy, love, anger, joy, etc. Then the person who wrote these character is doing something extremely wrong. So a conversation about how these characters are making people feel is and should be a completely valid conversation and TellTale should be happy that their game has interested their players enough to discuss it. Maybe you need to brush up on your understanding of why writers create fictional characters to begin with. It's to use them to channel people's emotions.

Secondly, people's emotions towards certain types of fictional characters could possibly also translate to how they feel about people in the real world. So yeah, when I see people talk about having no pity for Harley, etc. because they're nuts and murders it offends me. Why? Because i'm freaking nuts. I'm not ashamed of it and I don't care. I'm no murderer, but i'm nuts with my fair share of mental issues too. It's why i'm listed as disabled. Would these same people tell me that I don't deserve sympathy if they knew me and I did something because of my mental state that they didn't like? So yeah, when people use the whole insanity isn't a good enough reason as to why someone did something and they deserve no sympathy talk it sets me off. Unless you have things running around your head don't say what is and isn't worth sympathy when it comes to a mental state.

I've said enough on this topic. Just let the thread go back to what it was meant for. Discussing news on the next episode.

Gudmooore posted: »

Are you actually complaining about people lacking sympathy towards fictional videogame characters?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.