Batman: EW Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Releasing Nov 21st, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• Telltale, please give me the option to spit on Riddler's corpse.

• edited November 2017

Telltale, please give me the option to spit on Riddler's corpse.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

News is around the corner, guys! As always, thanks for your patience ;)

• Yay!

News is around the corner, guys! As always, thanks for your patience

• Next Tuesday I assume is the episode going to be formely announced. Hoping for a few screenshots and a trailer.

• Aw yiss

• Yipeee!!!!

• It just makes me feel a little sad knowing my kind-hearted Brucie was playing with peoples' hearts before he donned a bat costume :c

AChicken posted: »

I'd assume it was true. It's not uncommon that the wealthiest bachelor in Gotham probably sleeps around. Or used to, before being Batman. E

• edited November 2017

I gotta say: It's cool that Switch users can get involved in this Batman mythos, but the promotion for it is awful. The trailer for it spoils many of the best moments of Season 1. (The Wayne Family Corruption, Harvey's transformation into Two-Face -- including the big choice that causes it, Bruce's eviction from Wayne Enterprises, Bruce being sent to Arkham and his encounter with the Joker, Harvey going off the deep end and seeking Bruce's head on a pike, Hints as to Vicki being Lady Arkham -- showing her "interview" in the paper, her "going missing" on the news, and the abduction of Alfred.)

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2017

It seems like they reused the accolades trailer, but I agree that's not the best choice to use as promotional newcomers for the reason you described (showing what basically amounts to a bullet point plot summary of the major events throughout the Season).

I think it would have worked better if they reused the first episode's trailer, but mixed in some ambiguous clips from later episodes too.

I gotta say: It's cool that Switch users can get involved in this Batman mythos, but the promotion for it is awful. The trailer for it spoil

• edited November 2017

Falcone was practically non-existent for this game, as far as the trailer is concerned! (He is visible in the Penthouse scene at 1:53 though).
    And yes, it would have worked a lot better if it was Episode 1's scenes and villain, mixed with some high-tension ambiguous clips from other episodes. (I'm thinking maybe Children of Arkham storming the debate, Monorail Station fight w/ Lady Arkham, some crime scene investigation clips.. maybe Episode 1's chemical raid, and perhaps Batman + LdA's fight at Arkham. Falcone voiceovers and clips interspersed to give the illusion of his longevity in the season.

It seems like they reused the accolades trailer, but I agree that's not the best choice to use as promotional newcomers for the reason you d

• Yeaah, the accolades trailer is pretty awful in general, not just because it spoils the whole season. As far as I can tell, it only contains scenes directly from the previous trailers. It's like they didn't have enough time to make a new trailer, so they just looked what they had and basically glued it together while adding music that mostly didn't even fit. Really sloppy job.

Man, how I miss TWD S2 and TWAU accolades trailers. Usually they were even better than the ones for the individual episodes.

I gotta say: It's cool that Switch users can get involved in this Batman mythos, but the promotion for it is awful. The trailer for it spoil

• Oh i agree about that, accolades trailers were so awesome back then, especially this one, it is my most favourite telltale trailer of all time:

Pipas posted: »

Yeaah, the accolades trailer is pretty awful in general, not just because it spoils the whole season. As far as I can tell, it only contains

• I did buy GOTG. It glitched on me during the fourth episode, and even though the finale is out, I still haven't tried playing it or the finale. That game was, overall, just very meh for me. I didn't like the art style or the constant bickering between the teammates or the irrational/sometimes illogical bursts of temper. Bringing the dead people back isn't very compelling, never mind a competition over which dead person... I do love Batman, though, and don't know why it wouldn't be selling well.

I think Guardians of the Galaxy's problem was partially to do with the art style it was all wrong. They should of gone for a comic book look like Batman & TWD visually they both look really good.

• I pretty much agree with everything you said. I really don't understand why they had to make so many determinant deaths in GOT. I didn't have any issues playing the games until GOTG... but I understand how frustrated Batman S1 must have been, and I don't even like GOTG that much.

Uh, yeah. Taking 4 months to deliver a relatively short and emotionally unsatisfying finale, leaving the entire season's conflict on a terr

• Glad to have an update. This is probably my favorite TT experience since WDS1, Wolf and TFTB.

• I mean he's not doing anything wrong so you have no reason to feel bad. Bruce is having one night stands with other consenting adults, it's the playboy lifestyle. Depending on how you play him, it can be inferred that he was never truly manipulative. It's kind of out of place for the Bruce that values family and does his best to help Gotham to turn around and toy with peoples' emotions.

prink34320 posted: »

It just makes me feel a little sad knowing my kind-hearted Brucie was playing with peoples' hearts before he donned a bat costume :c

• It's not playing with people's hearts, all you have to do is go out on a Friday night to a bar or club and you'll meet many many men and women who are just out for some fun and don't think a one night stand is outrageous.

It's just people living and having fun.

Now take a wealthy bachelor and it will be a hundred times more common

prink34320 posted: »

It just makes me feel a little sad knowing my kind-hearted Brucie was playing with peoples' hearts before he donned a bat costume :c

• It will be interesting to see how our choices on season 1 will effect now that Selina is on the picture. I am up for another hot night.

• I am also hoping we get a chance to have a night with Harley this season, or a choice between who to spend night with: Harley or Selina :D

It will be interesting to see how our choices on season 1 will effect now that Selina is on the picture. I am up for another hot night.

• Or both at the same ?

max_pain943 posted: »

I am also hoping we get a chance to have a night with Harley this season, or a choice between who to spend night with: Harley or Selina

• I'm crossing my fingers and waiting, hoping for an announcement today...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited November 2017
  • Hehe, again telltale: :)

• The art style for episode 3 is an homage to the Dark Knight Returns.

• Can I just say the promotional art for the episodes has been on point this season. Seriously, from The Animated Series last episode to The Dark Knight Returns for this one, it's paying a great deal of homage to some of Batman's greatest and most influential interpretations. Maybe we'll see some Nolan or Burton inspired promo art for the remaining episodes.

• I bet she is pointing the gun at Catwoman

OzzyUK posted: »

First screenshot https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/930450246701690880

• Back at the Stacked Deck.... FRANK CONFIRMED

Next one https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/930465364558917632

• How are these screenshots posted so fast?

• Looks like John Doe is going to meet Batman properly this episode!

• So, Batman and John will finally become enemies.

Finally.

• Tis our boi...

Back at the Stacked Deck.... FRANK CONFIRMED

• Hopefully he'll be able to take a selfie with him to complete John's collection.

Putinovich posted: »

Looks like John Doe is going to meet Batman properly this episode!

• That would be hilarious. What would be even crazier is Batman really having to work with him as an ally of sort.
    I'm not much of a fan of Batman VS John Doe actually.

And he probably knows who we are so how would that work anyway ?

Pipas posted: »

Hopefully he'll be able to take a selfie with him to complete John's collection.

• That's only if you parted on bad terms, right ? Why would she be aggressive if you parted as friends ? Does not make sense.

bthom20 posted: »

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/930480509775355904

• Lol, John recording everything in the background. Love it.

bthom20 posted: »

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/930480509775355904

Sign in to comment in this discussion.