Batman: EW Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Releasing Nov 21st, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• edited November 2017

If I had to guess, this is gonna be a 90% Bruce episode. If Batman fights were that tame, it would feel soooooo underwhelming.

I like Bruce scenes anyway, so I’m fine with that.

AChicken posted: »

Probably because they had some serious gore and brutality in them. Episode 1's agent's fingers getting cut off? That's some serious stuff. E

• I don't understand the fascination either, nor the desire to show them mercy. In the real world, I want to apply capital punishment on all of them. I consider all the villains in this season terrorists, too.

This would be so out of character. I never understood the fascination for terrorist groups. They're scum.

• edited November 2017

I don't believe in the death penalty. Life in prison? Yes. Mental Help? Definitely. Death? Absolutely not. I believe in people and their rehabilitation. I'm a pro life (For criminals) pro choice (Pregnancy, etc.) kind of guy. (My real life mentality/stance.)

Again, i think people aren't looking at them for what they are. They're comic book villains. They're written to be bad guys. Just like some of them have been written to make a turn and become heroes (Harley and Clayface for example) If Batman can forgive them and give them a second chance who are we not to? No one wants to read a comic book where the villains get executed every time they commit a crime. That's why comic book fans love the villains so much. Their gimmicks are often more colorful and interesting then the heroes themselves. I'm starting to wonder if these people who see these bad guys as "scum and terrorists" ever bother to pick up and/or understand comic books and comic book characters on a regular basis. Because it's a pretty easy concept and point of view to understand.

• yeah kinda understand what your saying but their are some people that don't deserve second chances. Also lets no forget that Harley has killed alot of innocent people and whether it was because of her love of the joker or her just being unstable still that's not something you can just come back from. The joker is also a good topic for discussion when it comes to killing villains I mean look at all the things he's done do you think he deserves a second chance?And no offense but the whole thing that if superheroes started killing villains you wouldn't have anymore interesting villains is silly.Like they cant just make more interesting villains, like take joker for instance he's probably like my favorite villain but their are people who are sick of him because he keeps showing up in everything.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I don't believe in the death penalty. Life in prison? Yes. Mental Help? Definitely. Death? Absolutely not. I believe in people and their reh

• I doubt it's a split personality thing. It's probably more about his urges and feeling a desire to give into them. We know that John has commented on the darkness inside Bruce and he's probably going through a similar thing. You could almost call it... The Enemy Within.

Piggs posted: »

Doesn't sound like schizophrenia, as he's complaining about a person inside of him that will gain control. Sounds more like what Harvey had going on, some sort of dissociative identity disorder thing.

• I used to watch Heroes. There was a villain in Heroes that used to kill people for their power. He just, coldly, killed people because the other person had something he wanted; his desire for their power was so great that he just stopped caring for the other person. It was presented as a sort of sickness in him. Sylar. I felt sorry for him, but I also just wanted him killed because he was killing other, innocent, likable people. I thought there was no coming back from him... but a funny thing happened in season four. He was reformed (forget exactly what brought that about) and was working to prevent some terrible disaster. So, I was torn. I also want to give Caitlyn (AKA Killer Frost) a second chance - something the Flash is doing. Not sure how I'll feel if she kills or hurts people this season.
    I suppose all the villains in these two seasons of Batman could have redemption arcs... but it's as you said. Sometimes, you just can't come back. What separates someone like season four Sylar from a Joker is that... Joker keeps breaking out of prison and returning to his vile ways. How many second chances, and how many innocent lives must he take, before enough is enough?
    I am aware that our justice system is terribly broken. There are far too many innocent (usually African American men) who are sentenced to death; which is why I am generally opposed to the death penalty. Except in cases where there is no shadow of doubt as to culpability. The Stephen Paddocks, Devin Patrick Kelleys, and Omar Mateens of the world all deserved to die.
    I would like to see the justice system actually work, but that might only happen in fiction. I'm not alone in this I don't think. Part of the reason why there are so many cop/legal shows is this need we feel as a culture, in my opinion, is because we yearn for safety and security and for a world that rewards good people and punishes the bad.

yeah kinda understand what your saying but their are some people that don't deserve second chances. Also lets no forget that Harley has kill

• I don't believe the state has the right to take a life, any life so with that reasoning I am against executing anyone. The real problem with Joker in the comics at least is that he keeps getting put back into the dangerously and stupidly unsecured Arkham Asylum where every 5 minutes a villain escapes, but that is a plot device that the writers use to keep him around, because he is probably by far the most popular Batman character (maybe Batman himself is more popular idk). In the real world people like the Joker would be put in an Asylum that is you know actually inescapable. Real world killers rarely actually escape so if he could just once be put in a max security asylum (or you know what, fuck it just have one built for him) then he would never escape and he would never be a problem again.

As for the villains this season: Bane definitely isn't getting a redemption arc and he and his entire gang could get very high sentences/life for all the shit they committed. Freeze, I actually don't know, because we haven't seen very much of him, but at least 1 murder charge for freezing that one guy and a lot of charges for being complicit in everything. Harley, I can't actually see a redemption arc for her (my guess is that she dies before the end of the season, but that is just speculation), but everything might be possible. She gets the same sentence as Bane and all the villains so far have been probably mentally healthy enough to be sentenced regularly. As for Joker we don't know everything about it and I guess there might be a redemption arc, but honestly probably not as he is going to be the villain at the end of the season I think. I don't know how he would get sentenced as we haven't actually SEEN him do much and even less that could be proved so I am unsure about him.

As for my opinion, the villains are usually what make Batman entertaining (Joker, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Catwoman and Riddler being my favorites) and I love it when they are kept around, because they are interesting characters in their own right, but there should be no option to side with them, but there is no problem with the player wanting to stick around and interact with them as they are REALLY fun. I think the villains in this telltale series have been done very well and the interaction with the villains is the best part of this season probably.

ShampaFK posted: »

I used to watch Heroes. There was a villain in Heroes that used to kill people for their power. He just, coldly, killed people because the o

• I disagree with you about the state and whether it should be able to take a life - as keeping the citizens of the state is one of its primary responsibilities - and I extend that to the comic book world too. In the comic book world, it would be a matter of security to kill Joker, Twoface, and all the other similar villains.
    You are right that in real life that very few killers escape from maximum security. On the other hand, given what they've done, they have forfeited their right to continue living. On the other hand, if keeping them locked up is a form of torture for them... well, they deserve that and in that regard it's fine to do so.

ComicMan posted: »

I don't believe the state has the right to take a life, any life so with that reasoning I am against executing anyone. The real problem with

• edited November 2017

No way

I don't understand the fascination either, nor the desire to show them mercy. In the real world, I want to apply capital punishment on all of them. I consider all the villains in this season terrorists, too.

• No way what?

xxplvb posted: »

No way

• Same as always, watch out for spoilers beginning tomorrow. Major Youtubers should have the whole episode posted on their channels and don't bet on them not spoiling you if they can.
    Yes, even the video stills will spoil crucial moments of the episode including the "shocking" revelation.

My advice is to stay clear of Youtube until the episode formely releases.

• The thing is that the state taking a life is not making anything safer than having people serve life in prison. In fact if you execute an innocent man (which does happen and I personally think even 1 of these is more than acceptable) actually makes the state no better than any murderer. In fact if there is corruption in a country then it is way easier to purge people by just sentencing them to death. Personally I believe that the state has no right to take a life and it shouldn't have any kind of right like that, but I guess that is the difference in what we believe.

I disagree with you about the state and whether it should be able to take a life - as keeping the citizens of the state is one of its primar

• or use video blocker.

Same as always, watch out for spoilers beginning tomorrow. Major Youtubers should have the whole episode posted on their channels and don't

• Oof. Thanks for reminding me.
    I always forget that I should be prepared for spoilers on Monday and not Tuesday.

Same as always, watch out for spoilers beginning tomorrow. Major Youtubers should have the whole episode posted on their channels and don't

• Soooooo, are the walkthroughs already out? They usually are by this time.

• Woah.

This episode is truly something. By far the best of the season, and it outshines everything in S01 as well.
    The Selina-Bruce relationship is extremely well done, I was not expecting such quality honestly.

Telltale you can pat yourselves on the back.

• Videos for Episode 3 are out! Beware! Bewaaaaaaarreeee!!!

• How long is the episode? Do past choices have any effect on your relationship with Selina?

Woah. This episode is truly something. By far the best of the season, and it outshines everything in S01 as well. The Selina-Bruce relat

• Now you got me really hyped and I can't play it till Friday. RIP me.

Woah. This episode is truly something. By far the best of the season, and it outshines everything in S01 as well. The Selina-Bruce relat

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I would just like to remind people as this episode is now available to watch on youtube to please keep this thread 100% spoiler free.

If you want to discuss spoilers please create a new thread with a spoiler free title.

• So what time the 21 st does it release???

• I won't be able to play it until next Monday.

Pipas posted: »

Now you got me really hyped and I can't play it till Friday. RIP me.

• edited November 2017

Couldn't have said it better. Easily my favorite episode so far. Here's a hoping EP4 is just as good!

• Wow. You guys are really putting this episode over. I'm not sure if it's the caffeine or hype for tomorrow that's keeping me up.

• Man I already feel the wait for the next episode. And episode 3 isn`t officially out yet!

• How are people playing it unofficially?

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Man I already feel the wait for the next episode. And episode 3 isn`t officially out yet!

• Youtubers have early copies and some players live in different timezones

Snake_XXV posted: »

How are people playing it unofficially?

• edited November 2017

Okay I cracked and watched the first 15 minutes, I was... too weak. But the episode is so damned good already.

• RIP you too, then.

I won't be able to play it until next Monday.

• That can vary, depending on what store you are downloading the game from. Some stores have consistent release dates (such as Steam pretty consistently launching at 10 am PT, if I am not mistaken). Other stores tend to have vary, such as Telltale's own store. Sometimes Telltale will release the episode as early as midnight (but not often), but they usually release it later into the day.

I just recommend keeping light tabs on the waiting thread throughout the day tomorrow to see if/when it is released for your particular platform.

As always, we try to keep Waiting Threads spoiler free, so hopefully I don't imagine you will risk being spoiled here.

Snake_XXV posted: »

So what time the 21 st does it release???

• You people are killing me by how much you're hyping this up for me! :D

• Thanks. That'll be 7:00 PM tomorrow for me then, welp

That can vary, depending on what store you are downloading the game from. Some stores have consistent release dates (such as Steam pretty co

• Gotta say, episode 3 couldn’t have come at a better time since I’m on Thanksgiving break this week. ?

• I know that the game will be released the 21st, but I have a question.
    You see I live in sweden and if I follow my localtime the 21st will be in 30 minutes since it's currently 23:32 here.
    Could someone give me a more specific time for example. How many hours from the time you comment on this thread :smiley:

• “Well then, time to save the city.”

https://m.imgur.com/snatAob

• Well, long day tomorrow. One long day.

• is there any hope for a 12:00 pm release today?

• is there any hope for a 12:00 pm release today?

• Crossing my fingers for midnight PS4 release even though it wont happen

• if anyone knows then tell me

Sign in to comment in this discussion.