Episode 5 (SPOILER DISCUSSION)

This is SPOILER discussion, so SPOILER ALERT if you have not played the episode already.

Please fell free to discuss the episode in this thread.

Comments

• So there are endings on youtube already as well as some glimpses at other scenes. John will become the Joker no matter what unfortunately and it dissapoints me. I mean, I thought that would happen, but I kinda feel sorry for those who chose him. But I did warn everyone about that before and everyone was very hostile about it. Guess I have the last laugh now :)
    Okay, about the episode. It is great. The villain route (the one that I am playing) is very good. John is comepletely crazy! Gordon is crippled mirroring barbara`s fate in the Killing Joke, I guess it makes sense. Vigilante route is good too. I really love the transformation that John undergoes in that episode, it looks much better than what happened at the bridge in the last episode.
    The ending itself....I dunno. It feels too abrupt. Like it just ends. There you go. If it is the last we will hear of Batman in Telltale games, then it is dissapointing for sure.
    I liked the idea of 4 different after credits scenes with John at Arkham, but I really liked only one of them. The one where Batman is watching John from outside. I am curious what choice determines this exact ending??? What is your opinion?
    Anyway, that is all I have for now, Please feel free to discuss what you think about this episode. I will write more once the walkthoughs are out.

• I can't find any walkthroughs anywhere :( I really wanna know what role Harley plays in both storylines

• Only the endings are on youtube

I can't find any walkthroughs anywhere I really wanna know what role Harley plays in both storylines

• There aren`t any out there yet. I have seen a few glimpses from the episode. In Villain she makes a video broadcast around Gotham while she and John blow up multiple bombs around the city. Then she is a part of a "family dinner" she and Joker prepared for Bruce, Selina, Tiffany and Alfred. You have to fight her and Joker with Selina.
    In Vigilante route she gets a new hammer and fights both you and John on a rooftop. Have not seen anything else, sorry.

I can't find any walkthroughs anywhere I really wanna know what role Harley plays in both storylines

• edited March 2018

Again. Jokes on you. I like the ending where Bruce comes to visit John. I’m curious how you get it.

• edited March 2018

I'm just pissed that John turns into a batshit crazy cunt either way. The reason why I liked him more than any other version of the Joker is because he wasn't completely insane, but I guess that's ruined now. So much for choices mattering. What a disappointment.
    EDIT: I just saw the ending where Bruce visits John in Arkham and I'm satisfied, honestly, this episode was really enjoyable overall. I'm hoping the second season of The Wolf Among Us will be as great as this game.

• Its the only way to make a season 3

I'm just pissed that John turns into a batshit crazy cunt either way. The reason why I liked him more than any other version of the Joker is

• edited March 2018

Thank you for creating the thread.

-Very good that we can remain on good terms with Waller and possibly Gordon at the same time. I'm not upset Gordon sold us out for Gotham's safety.
    -Catwoman is alive, at least in one playthrough, no idea what happens to her if you made her your enemy. You have the choice of asking Waller to clear her record and remove her collar. Maybe Bruce and her can start living normal lives afterwards. They seem to be on good terms if you played your cards right, it's not implausible she sticks around.
    -Yes, "normal" lives, because you also have the choice of downright giving up your crusade to keep Alfred who, understandably, wants to leave the Wayne estate. It's very bold from Telltale but I have no idea how a season 3 can even happen unless they canonize certains narrative paths.
    -Likewise, you can choose not to forgive Tiffany for enacting revenge. This is the part that is nearly unfathomable to me, how could she kill Riddler ? How the hell did she even know he was here ?
    -John...Joker....Well not much to be disappointed at as far as I'm concerned. The vigilante path turned out as many predicted : John becomes Joker at Ace Chemicals and Batman has to stop him. He unfit to walk the streets of Gotham and goes back to Arkham where either Bruce or Batman can pay him a "visit". It's very ambiguous if Bruce shows up, it looks like he is about to break him free.
    -Harley and Bane serve their sentence depending your choices. No idea what happens to either if you go the villain route.

• I like that ending too. I just thought you wanted John to be your sidekick. But he is a deranged maniac and is locked up in Arkham anyway. BUT at least he did not murder Riddler, I admit I was wrong there.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Again. Jokes on you. I like the ending where Bruce comes to visit John. I’m curious how you get it.

• edited March 2018

I wanted him as more than just a sidekick. I always wanted him as and treated him as a friend.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

I like that ending too. I just thought you wanted John to be your sidekick. But he is a deranged maniac and is locked up in Arkham anyway. BUT at least he did not murder Riddler, I admit I was wrong there.

• By the way, nothing with Mr. Freeze?

• Walkthroughs are not in yet for some odd reason so we don't know. I wonder why the big Youtubers have not posted their stuff yet, surely it can't be Telltale preventing them from doing so. Why stopping walkthroughs but not whole endings ?

By the way, nothing with Mr. Freeze?

• Have not seen him being metioned at all thus far. And he is not fought at the rooftop in Vigilante route. So I guess his fate is resolved in episode 4, he is being experimented on by the Agency or frozen to fight the virus himself

By the way, nothing with Mr. Freeze?

• -While talking with Waller, it's possible to get news on Avesta and Waller comments that she is "fond of Gotham....and of you".
    1.36 here :

I suppose it's okay to link this since we are in a spoiler thread.

• edited March 2018

She also says something along the lines of "there is a nice restaurant around here, you should take her there sometime"
    EDIT: That happens in the Villain route if you tell Waller that you want Avesta to work for you.

-While talking with Waller, it's possible to get news on Avesta and Waller comments that she is "fond of Gotham....and of you". 1.36 here : I suppose it's okay to link this since we are in a spoiler thread.

• Hehe tempting but I'll stay loyal to Selina. From what I gathered she did not betray us, if you stood by her that is. No idea what happens if she is your enemy, maybe she escaped but it's odd she is not mentioned at all in the ending where Batman is in the ambulance. It's like she does not even exist.

Can't wait to digest walkthroughs once they come in.

She also says something along the lines of "there is a nice restaurant around here, you should take her there sometime" EDIT: That happens in the Villain route if you tell Waller that you want Avesta to work for you.

• edited March 2018

In villain route Waller placed a collar on her and I suppose she now works for her. But you can tell Waller to clear her crimes, so she is free I guess (That`s what I meant when I said abrupt ending, Selina is never heard from again). In Vigilante route there is a point where John throws two bombs one a rooftop, on gets close to Avesta and another to Selina. You have to choose who to save. Then roof blows up and you fall through it and fall on an armature. Then whoever you saved helps you to take it out (pretty gruesome). I do not know what happens to the one you do not save, since I have only seen these glimpses of that scene.

Hehe tempting but I'll stay loyal to Selina. From what I gathered she did not betray us, if you stood by her that is. No idea what happens i

• Either way, I am loyal to Selina too

Hehe tempting but I'll stay loyal to Selina. From what I gathered she did not betray us, if you stood by her that is. No idea what happens i

• Definitely saving Avesta.

In villain route Waller placed a collar on her and I suppose she now works for her. But you can tell Waller to clear her crimes, so she is f

• By the looks of it Tiffany becomes Batwing instead of Batgirl

• She could become either your apprentice if you choose to mentor her, or your enemy if you choose to bring her in for Riddler`s murder. Or an agent if you did not reveal your identity to her.

By the looks of it Tiffany becomes Batwing instead of Batgirl

• The Alfred choice is killing me

• edited March 2018

Telltale put their embargo later than usual this time. It lifts about 2 hours from now. Then we will see the walkthroughs. The info is from one of the tweets from Swing Poynt

• Thanks.

Telltale put their embargo later than usual this time. It lifts about 2 hours from now. Then we will see the walkthroughs. The info is from one of the tweets from Swing Poynt

• im so mad they arrest joker no matter while youu can forgive tiffany for killing riddler and jokers had the most build up to be your sidekick compared to tiffany

• Did you guys noticed that when Alfred leaves it says: "Alfred's part in your story is over"?. So, can we say that Season 3 confirmed?

• If you tell waller to arrest Tiffany it says the same, "Tiffany`s part in your story is over". We can only guess what that means. As much as I want season 3, slim chance of that because of the sales. It might have something to do with after credits stats, like "Your Batman story" with all your choices

Did you guys noticed that when Alfred leaves it says: "Alfred's part in your story is over"?. So, can we say that Season 3 confirmed?

• vigilante one:

• Thanks!

vigilante one:

• no problem

Thanks!

• Okay, ignoring the ending this episode is actually quite good and has a lot of branching, I admit I was just overly salty because I really like John. This is probably my favourite Telltale game along with Tftbl.

• What you all think about Tiffany was the one who killed Riddler.

• Because she said as much.

Great episode 5. The vigilante path sucks hard though. A bit disappointed Selina does not appear at the vert end of the episode, but at least she seems to be around.

Shadow2122 posted: »

What you all think about Tiffany was the one who killed Riddler.

• edited March 2018

Man, definitely going full villain in my playthrough

Anyone know if you can save Regina in the villain route?

Also, In an interview it was mentioned that you could here John on the phone with some "special character" in a rare scene. Did any youtubers get this?

• edited March 2018

Yeah, it really is painfully obvious they put way more work into the Villian route, it's kinda unfair towards people who were pro John the whole season, because not only he turns crazy either way, the episode is also very lacking story wise and there aren't many memorable scenes (It was boring to be honest, I skipped like 80% of it while watching it on Youtube.).

Because she said as much. Great episode 5. The vigilante path sucks hard though. A bit disappointed Selina does not appear at the vert end of the episode, but at least she seems to be around.

• Frank's last name is Dumfree if I got that right.

• edited March 2018

Everything I feared happening happened, but I honestly didn't expect them to show such a blatant preference for one path over the other, especially when the statistics showed the majority of players went vigilante. The game went out of its way to encourage you to trust John at every turn, but not only does the villain path have a clear amount of effort put into it like Telltale actually knew what to do with it, it also feels really manipulative. Like they're trying to make the status quo seem way more appealing and you have to fall in line with it to get the better story, even if you've been playing the game otherwise up until now.

This really does feel like a huge middle finger. Fuck, I'm angry.

• Looks like they are saving romances for a Season 3.

• Lol the game gave more than enough reasons to show you that John is clearly crazy and deranged. Literally all scenes that he is in he does something (or tries to) to prove it. So it was pretty obvious he is going to become Joker either way. So you know, no one to blame here. Your choices.

booper posted: »

Everything I feared happening happened, but I honestly didn't expect them to show such a blatant preference for one path over the other, esp

• edited March 2018

That doesn't bother me. I don't mind that his and Bruce's ways of life are incompatible. I was expecting a breakdown and was looking forward to it.

But the execution is lazy and uninspired, and the conflict boils down to the same old tired shit we've seen for years. Telltale went through all the trouble to reinvent this character from the ground up to the point where they created an entirely new divergent path for him and you mean to tell me they were too unoriginal to think of a way for him and Batman to have a confrontation that didn't boil down to the tired THEY PUNCH EACH OTHER, JOKER GOES BACK INTO ARKHAM garbage we've gotten for generations?

What's worse is that the villain path's dialogue and relationship is much more emotional and better written and everything from the Joker's design to your choices to even the music in the final battle supports that. You can tell they had a clear idea for that but when it came to the alternative they didn't know what to do. It's beyond disappointing. There was so much they could have done with this and they squandered it.

Lol the game gave more than enough reasons to show you that John is clearly crazy and deranged. Literally all scenes that he is in he does s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.