Episode 5 (SPOILER DISCUSSION)

Comments

• edited March 2018

They can do a season 3 in this way to make all the choices fit:
    1- Set the game some years after S2
    2- If you choose to give up on Alfred Bruce stayed Batman for all the years that separate S2 from S3/if you choose to give up on being Batman, Batman just went missing like after the Dark Knight movie
    3- A huge threat forces Bruce to don the cape again/makes Alfred too worried for Bruce to just stay away so he decides to return (obviously the relationship with him will be different). Or they might say that someone killed Alfred if you choose to give up on being Batman which forced Bruce to become the Dark Knight again, and in this way Alfred won't be in the game at all in both scenarios
    4- If you have romanced Selina she and Bruce might be together even married if you cleared her past/if you didn't romance Selina she is just a friend of Bruce or still holds grudge against him
    5- If you told Avesta to come work for you she works at the Wayne Enterprises/otherwise they could let her join the GCPD/if you didn't romance Selina in the previous seasons Avesta might be romanced in season 3, otherwise she is just a friend
    6- If you decided to bring Tiffany in she is still missing/if you forgave Tiffany and decided to train her they can say that she became a female version of nightwing and is now fighting crime in bludhaven/she still works for the agency so she isn't around. They could make her do an appearance as your ally or as an anti hero that still helps you at some point
    7- If Joker was your enemy he will escape from Arkham to cause other problems to Batman/otherwise he will still escape to go see him or because he has another plan

• Good thing I have Avesta as a Wayne Enterprises employee and Tiffany as a sidekick then. I left Selina in Waller's care.

I think when it said Alfred's part of your story is over it mean't it. You better hope your in good with Selina, Avesta or Tiffany otherwise you're on your own.

• Just a brief glance at this thread but... people are seriously mad about the Vigilante Path? Really? I kinda get why, but I totally disagree. The Vigilante Path was amazing, honestly a masterpiece, in my opinion. The whole thing about John becoming a Villain no matter what.... I mean, you realize that that was always gonna be the case, right? Like, he murdered three agents in Episode 4. He laughed about it. Did anyone really think he wasn't gonna be a villain by the end of episode 5? Look, Telltale created more or less two separate episodes for this finale. I don't know what more you wanted them to do. And, in my opinion, the way they handled that descent in this episode was fantastic. It was tragic and brutal, and I loved it. If you're disappointed that he couldn't be saved... I'm sorry, but it kinda just feels like you were fooling yourself, rather than Telltale misleading you or whatever.

• Okay, so I just finished the Vigilante path, and it was really good, but I have to say I think it was lacking a little something. I want to go and try the Villain route, since apparently that one works better, but I want to stay as friendly to John as possible. Like I think it'll make the ending fight that much punchier, kind of like how it was in the trailer.

Anyway; what is the minimum siding against John I have to do to get him to go down the Villain route? Is it just stopping him from stabbing Waller on the bridge? I think this ending might be better.

• Oh there will definitely be a Season 3, they've set it up so well. And since there will be, I think this was a fantastic middle entry into the trilogy.

ThaDreey posted: »

If there is no s3 the episode 5 ending has really failed in my opinion, there is soo much left we need to know about and especially Selina..

• Amazing game. Enjoyed both seasons.

What I really liked:
    1. How they put the old soundtracks in. (I was missing that heroic main theme soundtrack from s1)
    2. The old reference from Selina & Bruce “I think they want more.” “Then let’s give it to them”
    3. Games don’t get me in the feels but John in both endings made me understand more how lonely he was and all he wanted was a friend.
    4. What surprised me was when Avesta spoke that language. Fruigi? I found that attractive and surprising lol. So I wouldn’t mind romancing her even though Catwoman will always be my #1.
    5. The most difficult choice was the end. I gave up Batman because I cared for Alfred and he was all Bruce had someone close left.

• Because you have to ask Waller again in the ambulance at the end. The roof deal doesn't count as official.

TJ3046 posted: »

I made a deal to release Catwoman from Waller and I told her I loved her later and during the choices screen it said I made no deal for her release...Very confused...

• All you have to do is not trust him at the fun house with the dead agents,. That's it.

Okay, so I just finished the Vigilante path, and it was really good, but I have to say I think it was lacking a little something. I want to

• edited March 2018

Oof. But I can keep the bridge scene the same?

Cause like I love John, but I can't help but feel like if he thinks I betrayed him that would make the finale that much punchier. Plus I think everyone agrees his Villain version looks way cooler.

AnimalBoy posted: »

All you have to do is not trust him at the fun house with the dead agents,. That's it.

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited March 2018

You can trust him at the fun house.

If you want the most final and last moment decision to turn him into a villain. Tell him you trust him, take him with you, be nice all you want. But when he starts talking with Harley and Waller wants to interrupt them, let her do so, he will turn into a Villain. Justify it with an "Harley could win him back" or something like that and that's it.

Or follow this one, though the one in which you let Waller get involved is longer so you get more content. And the betrayal is more "heavy".

Oof. But I can keep the bridge scene the same? Cause like I love John, but I can't help but feel like if he thinks I betrayed him that would make the finale that much punchier. Plus I think everyone agrees his Villain version looks way cooler.

• Aw but I don't want to say "we were never friends" because we were. If I don't trust him in the fun house, but do everything the same on the bridge would it get the Villain ending?

I think that would be a better way for it to happen, since it's obvious he killed all those people. That's actually something worthy of standing up to him about.

Kaelthas posted: »

You can trust him at the fun house. If you want the most final and last moment decision to turn him into a villain. Tell him you trust hi

• You don't have to pick the "We were never friends", you can pick "I'm still your friend" or "This isn't about us". Even the "..." option.

The only thing that matters is if you tell John either to sit out of this one so you do the talking with Harley, or when he is talking with Harley you don't stop Waller and you let her get involved.

And I didn't get what you said about the fun house. If you trust him or not about him killing the agents doesn't matter, what matters is if you trust him about him taking you to Harley or you don't. You can trust him about him not killing the agents but think it's dangerous for him to be near Harley so you tell him you don't trust him in the bridge, and you'll get the villain ending.

Still, if you want the most "friendship" like ending with John, do what the video does but don't pick the we were never friends, pick the I'm still your friend option.

Aw but I don't want to say "we were never friends" because we were. If I don't trust him in the fun house, but do everything the same on the

• I see. I think I'll do that then. Did you play the Villain ending? If you did is he just straight up against Bruce or is there anything in the episode that suggests that they could still be friends?

• edited March 2018

If you don't trust him at the fun house the bridge scene won't be the same anyway. He runs off on his own if you don't trust him.

Oof. But I can keep the bridge scene the same? Cause like I love John, but I can't help but feel like if he thinks I betrayed him that would make the finale that much punchier. Plus I think everyone agrees his Villain version looks way cooler.

• Guys i'm really having a hard time deciding if i should turn Tiffany for killing Riddler,The fact that she actually tries to escape capture from Batman bothers me.But i want to hear your guy's thoughts on what you think is the best choice in that situation, I mean what would lucius think?

• Through the episode your Bruce can constantly try to make John see you're still his friend and that John is a good person, of course they are just dialogue options that go nowhere.
    The final decision though, is John asking you if all the moments in which you called him as a friend were bad, or if you wish you'd never have met him.

I prefer the "I wish I'd never have met you", in which he's obssesed with Bruce, keeps the Bruce doll he has and burns its head. The most "friendship" like ending you can get from Villain is if you tell him you had good moments with him, and in the post credit scene John will play with Bruce doll and paint a smile with lipstick on it.

I see. I think I'll do that then. Did you play the Villain ending? If you did is he just straight up against Bruce or is there anything in the episode that suggests that they could still be friends?

• Lucious would want his daughter to redeem herself by fighting alongside Batman especially since Alfred is thinking about leaving.

Guys i'm really having a hard time deciding if i should turn Tiffany for killing Riddler,The fact that she actually tries to escape cap

• I loved this episode. Easily my favourite episode of the season! While I am disappointed that Joker becomes a villain no matter what, I appreciate that you can continue to remain friends with him which probably means that he isn't completely lost. I also didn't like how abrupt the endings were with the game just cutting off awkwardly after giving up Batman and hugging Alfred at the end.

The dialogue was exceptional with Waller being a surprising scene stealer at points especially with her calling Batman a pawn and herself the queen rant and the scene near the end of the Vigilante route with Joker confirming whether or not he actually had a friend in Bruce is up there with some of the best writing in Telltale (at least to me). Music was fantastic as well, most particularly the Vigilante Joker scenes with the funky comical sounding soundtrack.

I really hope that there'll eventually be a third season and I hope that if there is, they'll manage to not pull an ANF and make the big choices matter (whether or not you're still friends with Joker, the Catwoman stuff, Tiffany and of course Alfred potentially leaving Bruce.

Batman: Enemy Within is one of my favourite Telltale games and I hope they manage to continue with this kind of quality for the final season of Walking Dead as well as Wolf S2.

• I'm not sure Lucius would want that. The guy was pretty tight with Batman's code, imagine him hearing his daugther is a murderer.

J-Master posted: »

Lucious would want his daughter to redeem herself by fighting alongside Batman especially since Alfred is thinking about leaving.

• I wouldn't go that far. Selina not being a part of the ending definitely shouldn't make this the worst open ending ever. If you're on the Vigilante path, she's a reluctant "Agency asset", at least that's what I got on my play through.

I'm gonna find out what the villain path holds in a few. But after playing myself, some of the reservations I had about this finale is gone now. I just needed to play through it myself, but some things still stand. The fight scenes were phenomenally choreographed, both Jokers were handled with care at the end and you could really feel the emotion. If Chris Nolan's Batman and Joker were the most iconic representation of their psychological war, then Telltale's Joker and Batman would probably be the most unique in that aspect.

My biggest issue with this episode was simply some character arcs that were built up with little proper payoff. Freeze was nowhere to be found, Harley's character arc started as a psychological battle of manipulation and ended in a slug fest, which was disappointing. They decided not to bring Selina's 2 season arc home and just tell us her fate in the choices at the end.

Other than those, other side arcs were wrapped up pretty well, but that's dependent on the route taken. If it's the Villain path, you get character closure by Waller's word, which was disappointing. I know she was good on her word, but I don't wanna hear it. I wanna see it. 10 extra minutes could've done this episode more justice.

Overall, this episode was still highly enjoyable. After playing it myself, I definitely like it more than I did before. But this certainly isn't the worst open ending in Telltale's history.

djisma posted: »

im so damm dissapointed in telltale, how come when after 2 damm season loving selina and being her lover and freeing her from Waller we do

• edited March 2018

Hey guys, I have a question...
    I just finished Vigilante route, and I wanted to ask about Catwoman...
    In episode 3 I said that she stole the laptop, didn't tell her about GCPD but invited her to the batcave and kissed her.
    She was pissed at me in episode 5, but I told Waller to free her...
    I said 'all in one's day' and was being silent with the Waller in the end because I just don't know what to think of her, i guess I'm neutral considering her, but we ended up being "enemies" with Waller
    So basically, do you guys know why didn't I see Catwoman at all?...
    Thanks!

• Well, with the other option, Tiffany is a fugitive from the law and could potentially become a criminal or anti-hero like John.

Having Batman mentor her on the right track, especially since she still has a conscience, seems like the most ethical option for me.

I'm not sure Lucius would want that. The guy was pretty tight with Batman's code, imagine him hearing his daugther is a murderer.

• So I guess if you told Harley in Episode 3 that it was Selina who stole the laptop, you won't see her after the roof scene?

• Batman: The Enemy Within is currently on sale for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, so we could potentially see the number of copies being sold increase. We also need to take into consideration the initial release dates of both games. Batman: The Telltale Series' initial release date was August 2, 2016, and Batman: The Enemy Within's was August 8, 2017. There's over a year difference in time. Also, Batman: The Telltale Series probably went on sale occasionally during that time.

According to credible sources, Telltale Games has recently cancelled an unannounced game (unrelated to Game Of Thrones: Season Two). It's possibly one of their original intellectual properties. With that in mind, even if original intellectual properties are their focus now, it doesn't necessarily mean that such franchises as Batman will be discontinued.

@Putinovich said:

Hey, it's good to see you back! You should chime in at the forums more frequently, it's always a pleasure to read your opinions.

Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words. I will try to become a more active member of this community. :)

It actually sold pretty decently on console (540k sales according to this). This season though has a mere 60k however (though for some weird

• Bruce could never have known Tiffany was immature enough to run away if you tell her to take responsability for her actions, I think Lucius, same as Alfred, would be really disappointed of Tiffany, no mater the outcome.

Well, with the other option, Tiffany is a fugitive from the law and could potentially become a criminal or anti-hero like John. Having Ba

• You don't see her after the roof scene doesn't matter what you pick.

Betraying her or not only affects her in the Villain Path, she presses a button because John tells her that if she does that, she will be free, but Bruce will get trapped. If you left her in the icebox she says it was revenge, and later if you give her the key she is going to run away but ends up helping you anyway because she would felt guilty otherwise

CallMeCoolG posted: »

So I guess if you told Harley in Episode 3 that it was Selina who stole the laptop, you won't see her after the roof scene?

• edited March 2018

It says to me tho :
    "You and 0,1 let Waller keep Selina in her task force"
    I mean, yes I told Harley she stole the laptop, I DIDN'T agree to the deal about getting Catwoman by giving John to Waller, but I DID ask Waller to give Catwoman back
    In the end of the episode I said "All in one's day", I don't really think Batman could say "You owe me", he saved a life - yes but it's what Batman do, but maybe he could say that, idk...
    I was silent when talking to her because I don't really know what to make up from her...
    We ended up being "enemies"...
    I guess that's fine?

You don't see her after the roof scene doesn't matter what you pick. Betraying her or not only affects her in the Villain Path, she press

• edited March 2018

She’s a kid who made a rash action in killing someone for revenge, I don’t think it’s absurd to think she’s immature enough to run away.

My Batman believes in redemption and I’m pretty sure Lucious would to. I really don’t think sending someone like Tiffany in the brink with other criminals would be the best option for her, given the state of both Blackgate and Arkham it would only make her mental state worse not better.

Bruce could never have known Tiffany was immature enough to run away if you tell her to take responsability for her actions, I think Lucius, same as Alfred, would be really disappointed of Tiffany, no mater the outcome.

• Or are there more endings to Catwoman in Vigilante route and I should replay it?

It says to me tho : "You and 0,1 let Waller keep Selina in her task force" I mean, yes I told Harley she stole the laptop, I DIDN'T agree

• Start from scratch? They have plenty of great characters to work with from Season 1 and 2.

AeroRep posted: »

My take on episode 5 is similar to others. The villain path was much better, but I prefer that path anyway. Vigilante Joker is silly. There

• I somehow managed to be in the 0% when it came to my relationship with Harley.

and I didn't mean to tell Alfred to fuck off I thought I was respecting his decision by saying to go. I feel like a cuuuuuuuuuuuuunt.

• Sorry but if you don't say "You owe me" you can't get her release.
    In the Vigilante ending you have 3 direct outcomes for her, prison, task force or released and is a must conversation to progress in the story, not something you can miss

It says to me tho : "You and 0,1 let Waller keep Selina in her task force" I mean, yes I told Harley she stole the laptop, I DIDN'T agree

• So when you say "you owe me" she's release but how does it work out for her relationship with Bruce?
    Does she just breaks up free or you can still romance her?
    ( Just in case I'll replay episode 5 )

Sorry but if you don't say "You owe me" you can't get her release. In the Vigilante ending you have 3 direct outcomes for her, prison, task force or released and is a must conversation to progress in the story, not something you can miss

• Giving her a pat in the back and the privilege of being Batman's protegee sounds like a shitty punishment for a murderer. You're encouraging her to kill again and again everytime she feels angry.

She’s a kid who made a rash action in killing someone for revenge, I don’t think it’s absurd to think she’s immature enough to run away.

• The Catwoman choice is slightly glitched. When I played the Vigilante route, it initially said I left her as an Agency Asset, but when I checked in the choices menu from the main menu, it said Waller had her criminal record wiped clean. You just need to ask Waller to let her go on the rooftop.

I guess I'm disappointed that there wasn't a real conclusion to Selina's arc, but if I'm being honest that's outweighed by how phenomenal this episode was, so I don't mind too much. Plus, if there is a Season Three(please let there be a Season Three), Selina's arc could continue in that.

• Depends on your choices.
    If you told her you love her in the rooftop, I'm pretty sure something will come out of it.
    If you didn't but you still romanced her I think is left to the player's interpretation.

In the villain is clear that they started dating after John got arrested and Selina released since she tells you to call her to go out on a date.

So when you say "you owe me" she's release but how does it work out for her relationship with Bruce? Does she just breaks up free or you can still romance her? ( Just in case I'll replay episode 5 )

• Hm, guess I'll replay Vigilante route

Depends on your choices. If you told her you love her in the rooftop, I'm pretty sure something will come out of it. If you didn't but you

• Please, Telltale Games. Please. We need answers to our questions, especially with Selina.

Zyphon posted: »

The Catwoman choice is slightly glitched. When I played the Vigilante route, it initially said I left her as an Agency Asset, but when I che

• The end update thing for Selina said something along the lines of I was unable to gain her freedom. Is there any way I could have?

• One last question :
    If you know, could you please tell me all Harley's outcomes in Vigilante route?
    thanks

Depends on your choices. If you told her you love her in the rooftop, I'm pretty sure something will come out of it. If you didn't but you

Sign in to comment in this discussion.