Episode 5 (SPOILER DISCUSSION)

12345679»

Comments

• Weak. I mean other than the Selina thing I called Waller at the start of episode 2.

Deltino posted: »

He technically betrays you either way, but what changes is how far he goes with it. It would seem that if you had a good relationship with h

• edited April 2018

This finale was perfect! Only played the Vigilante path so far, but I have seen a bit of the villain path. Looking forward to actually playing it. Everything with Joker was handled amazingly. I made an uneasy peace with Waller at the end, and the final scene with Alfred had me tear up a bit. Another highlight was that opening with Batman and Joker against Bane! Bane looks amazing! I really enjoyed his design before the Agency gave him the improvements, but his new look is far superior and intimidating. I also liked the simple Venom injector he had in the past, but the way they handled the look and function of the Venom delivery system was a lot better than it's usually handled in other shows and games, where Batman can always easily destroy it. Great stuff all around!

• Finally finished the episode (so far only the Vigilante path) and I don't really see why it got so much hate? I guess people really wanted to ride into the sunset with John or whatever.

The team-up with Joker was fun, his transformation and the final fight were intense and the final talk with him was pretty emotional as well. I'm glad Telltale included the post-credit scene where Bruce visits John at the asylum, that was a very nice touch.

Seeing Frank again was one of the highlights of the episode and the fact that him and Willy were Dumfree and Deever from the comics was a quite hilarious easter egg.

The Tiffany stuff was a surprise, didn't expect from Telltale to go there. I chose to forgive her, but I'm not sure how she'll feel when she finds out I gave up being Batman, lol.

The main disappointment was definitely lack of closure for Selina. I don't think it'd be that hard to have her at the manor at the end and be like "Oh hi Bruce, Alfred wants to tell you something, but I'll talk to you later, kay?" Like sheesh Telltale, now I have to headcanon it that she stayed with Bruce. Plus the fact that she appearently still works for Waller if you don't say "You owe me" is pretty lol as well.

Overall, I thought it was a great episode and a satisfying finale. Gonna play Villain later, we'll see if it holds up to the hype.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.