Episode 5 (SPOILER DISCUSSION)

Comments

• Hey guys, I finished both routes and they were amazing
    I have one question tho...
    Why in my canon playtrhough John doesn't have a photo with Bruce and Catwoman fighting?
    ( he has all other photos except this one )
    ( thanks! )

• Also, after finishing 2nd save file, my 1st save file got messed up for some reason and it has choices from 2nd save file?
    Is it a bug or...?

• edited March 2018

I think vigilante's episode has better boss fights and endings for the Joker especially the one where joker sees Batman checking if he was in his cell at Arkham and he says "nothing can keep enemies like us a part", that was epic, seriously that ending should have been in the villain path, wtf?. Also vigilante's final episode has more Batman's screen time something I wanted in both paths but villain's finale was 70% about Bruce like the majority of this season unfortunately. But villain's episode has a better plot in my opinion and more Catwoman. I mean Catwoman's presence and interactions in the vigilante's episode are so disappointing especially for people like me who romanced her, while it was epic in the villain route to see Bruce and Selina share a lot of emotional moments in Joker's fun house and also fighting together side by side against joker and Harley and Selina implying that they will get laid again and possibly be together for good this time after defeating joker and harley was just what I wanted. Maybe another scene with her in the end would have make it even better but still they treated her way better in the villain's path than in the vigilante's one.

• Yes it’s a bug. I got the same thing. Just restart the game and the original choices should be there.

CallMeCoolG posted: »

Also, after finishing 2nd save file, my 1st save file got messed up for some reason and it has choices from 2nd save file? Is it a bug or...?

• edited March 2018

Yeah I already checked it
    But do you know anything about the photos??
    EDIT : Eh, nvm
    Also, I replayed Vigilante route and I think I'm very satisfied!

Vetominer posted: »

Yes it’s a bug. I got the same thing. Just restart the game and the original choices should be there.

• each individual is entitled to their own opinion , i am for my own ;)

Sarunas21 posted: »

I wouldn't go that far. Selina not being a part of the ending definitely shouldn't make this the worst open ending ever. If you're on the Vi

• Debra Wilson was great voice acting Waller.

• Just tell Waller that she owes you when you’re in the ambulance. That will bring it back up and make it official.

TJ3046 posted: »

Oddly enough wasn't given the option.

• I think there are very few telltale games I did all over again.
    This one is now part of this list.

I really enjoyed it, it could end here I wouldn't mind. A third season with as much quality content would be welcomed aswell, though :smile:

• Im playing through episode 4 atm at the hope to get villain joker... though it totally sucks being mean to him :(

• You don't have to be mean at him at all to make him a villain. I was buddy buddy with him always but picked the "i am still turning you in" option after telling him I trust him.

hanwombat posted: »

Im playing through episode 4 atm at the hope to get villain joker... though it totally sucks being mean to him

• Ooh okay thanks :) up to the fun house bit now :D

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

You don't have to be mean at him at all to make him a villain. I was buddy buddy with him always but picked the "i am still turning you in" option after telling him I trust him.

• You could also trust him all the way to the bridge but then let Waller move in on him. It's much more tragic and believable.

Ooh okay thanks up to the fun house bit now

• Dammit... I just punched him in the face cries

You could also trust him all the way to the bridge but then let Waller move in on him. It's much more tragic and believable.

• your relationship with John has changed damnnnnnn :(

• In the Villain path how can you get Gordon to not betray you? I was with him on everything except letting him arrest Selina. Is that what triggers it?

• He betrays you regardless. I had a pro Gordon play through all the Way.

Coyote99 posted: »

In the Villain path how can you get Gordon to not betray you? I was with him on everything except letting him arrest Selina. Is that what triggers it?

• Yup, same as you, I was super pro gordon but no way I was going to let him catch Selina so he betrayed me.

The scene plays the same though if he doesn't betray you.

In the Villain path how can you get Gordon to not betray you? I was with him on everything except letting him arrest Selina. Is that what triggers it?

• One thing I am surprised at is how Telltale has not given us the option to break Batman's code yet. It seems like the ultimate classic Telltale choice

• Thought we might get it at the end in the villian path

Zjaa6 posted: »

One thing I am surprised at is how Telltale has not given us the option to break Batman's code yet. It seems like the ultimate classic Telltale choice

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

He technically betrays you either way, but what changes is how far he goes with it. It would seem that if you had a good relationship with him, he isn't able to go through with it and changes his mind when he calls Batman. If you had a negative relationship with him, he leads you directly into Joker's trap, but later decides he can't go through with it when Joker's goons start attacking Batman.

• What does a pro Waller play through do?

• edited March 2018

When Joker rolled the explosives towards the EX pact members and waller on the Roof, I wish they gave us the option of letting them explode and causing carnage without batman having to stop them.

• That's obvious. There was no need to tell me that. I never expressed my opinion as fact. I just expressed it, like you did yours.

djisma posted: »

each individual is entitled to their own opinion , i am for my own

• I think the reason why the paths somewhat ended the same is so they could make Season 3 because if they were not going to make a Season 3 they could've had determinant characters and a completely different ending for both finales but there are hints to Season 3 with tons of characters saying goodbye.... for now. :wink:

• I think it's pretty clear that there will be a season 3 as well. Joker survives and returns to Arkham no matter what and the characters who are given several different fates like Harley are the ones least likely to show up again. It will take a bit more effort but Tiffany and Avesta can have roles without changing the story too much for people who don't have them around anymore.

I think the reason why the paths somewhat ended the same is so they could make Season 3 because if they were not going to make a Season 3 th

• Has anybody when doing the vigilante joker story been able to successfully make a deal with Waller to get Selina out of the suicide squad? I tried to make a deal with her, even gave up John and in my ending choices it said that I told her that I loved her but I failed to make a deal to get her out yet I did?

This is a strong possibility. Selina will remember that you told her that you loved her after she helps to pull Bruce off of a rebar (determ

• Apparently, when Batman is recovering from his injuries inside of the ambulance, you need to choose the dialogue option that says that Waller now owes you one. And if you made a deal with Waller on the rooftop, he will refer to that in saying that Catwoman goes free with her collar removed.

Has anybody when doing the vigilante joker story been able to successfully make a deal with Waller to get Selina out of the suicide squad? I

• Yep, got it on my first play through. Really happy about that, you just have to say Waller owes you at the end when you're in the ambulance.

Has anybody when doing the vigilante joker story been able to successfully make a deal with Waller to get Selina out of the suicide squad? I

• Awesome thank you so much!! I’ve replayed it three times trying to get that ending haha thank you that helps so much!!

Apparently, when Batman is recovering from his injuries inside of the ambulance, you need to choose the dialogue option that says that Walle

• Thanks so much!!

Yep, got it on my first play through. Really happy about that, you just have to say Waller owes you at the end when you're in the ambulance.

• You can get Selina out, but I was focused on Avesta.

• My Selina stayed with the agency.. screw her :D

• Please tell me I'm not the only one who teared up when Batman calls Joker his friend in the vigilante route. That scene... oh my god. I've never gotten so emotional over a TTG game since TWD Season 2 ending. The tones of their voices, the background music, the whole biterness of the situation... Needless to say, that little scene in the end when Bruce visits Joker put a genuine smile on my face. Oh baby, maybe there's still a chance ;_;

I don't know anything about the villain route (although I've heard it's better) but either way Joker was an amazingly fleshed out character. I tip my hat to Telltale for making such an overused villain fresh and intriguing. Everything about him was great and the voice acting was on point. I've seen people here arguing that Joker ended up as a madman anyways but I've accepted it already. I felt like it would be inevitable. Still, the whole game was a great ride and TTG redeemed themselves to me after that ANF abomination. Their Batman already has a place in my Top 5 - and I'm talking about Season 2 specifically, because I think it has outdone the first season (which is rare for TTG).

I'm more or less satisfied with my outcome; except that I didn't really like Catwoman being controlled by the Agency (we weren't friends in the end but I still hoped to set her free) and that last choice was absolutely bullshit. I'm angry and sad at the same time. I think it doesn't any make sense. Can't remember if I ever felt so conflicted. In the end, I couldn't give up Alfred because this poor old man devoted his whole life to Bruce, he's the closest person our protagonist has ever had, I'd never dare to break his heart and lose him. I have no idea how this choice will play out in Season 3 (if they're actually gonna make a third season). Let's just pray we can figure this out. Also I teared up again when Bruce pulled Alfred into such a desperate hug :(

Waller was a bitch but I'm glad I somehow made peace with her and kicked the Agency out of the city. Despite our tough relationship, I still enjoyed her character. That scene when she smoked together with Gordon is fucking priceless!

Tiffany really screwed us over. I was sincerely shocked with that plot twist though it left it a bitter taste. I felt like it came out of nowhere. And she broke our code before even working with us. But my Batman is forgiving Batman so I didn't turn her away. Maybe, with some proper training, you could make her into a decent sidekick.

Overall, I liked this episode. TTG have done an unusually good job with branching the story and making it so moving. The Batman Series proves they're still capable of making quality games. I hope we'll see Season 3 and it won't repeat ANF's miserable fate.

P.S. Avesta is the bae. I'm certainly looking forward to working with her.

• Yes I cried my eyes out in the scene where I called Joker my friend!! He was my friend :(

Please tell me I'm not the only one who teared up when Batman calls Joker his friend in the vigilante route. That scene... oh my god. I've n

• I doubt she wants to stay with The Agency... perhaps you missed the collar around her neck? ;)
    I am glad we had a choice to save her from The Agency and even to clear her name after all that has happened.

My Selina stayed with the agency.. screw her

• You know what I mean... she stayed with the agency... against her will ;) I meant screw her also as in I don't give a crap about her haha :D so not fussed that I didn't manage to free her.. Waller can keep her

19Street95 posted: »

I doubt she wants to stay with The Agency... perhaps you missed the collar around her neck? I am glad we had a choice to save her from The Agency and even to clear her name after all that has happened.

• "YOU WERE NEVER MY FRIEND JOKER... YOU ARE A CRIMINAL, A MEANS TO AN END."
    So satisfyiiiing.

Yes I cried my eyes out in the scene where I called Joker my friend!! He was my friend

• Nah... bezzie mates me and him :D :blush:

"YOU WERE NEVER MY FRIEND JOKER... YOU ARE A CRIMINAL, A MEANS TO AN END." So satisfyiiiing.

• edited March 2018

Just finished the villain version.. I prefered the Vigilante! I would say the Villain story line was a little better but the fight between Joker and Batman on the Vigilante was far more epic!! I shed a few tears when I thought he'd died and then even more when we had a little heart to heart.. I told him he broke my heart :D though kinda didn't appreciate the knife to the side :( ouch! Though at the end in Arkham he seemed pretty happen with his doll.. there is hope for our relationship yet :D

On this version I also got Waller to release catwoman and wiped her record clean.. I'm not fussed really though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.