Episode 5 (SPOILER DISCUSSION)

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Honestly, S2's ending feels like one of those 'brief hiatus' type of ending to me. It closes out the primary story of the season, but leaves the door open for a future installment. Probably going to be a bigger wait than there was between the first and second season, but I'm pretty certain they're planning on continuing this series in some capacity. That's just my take on it, though.

I know I should not so easily give up to pessimism but I'd rather be surprised than be crushed by a different outcome. I'm going to make pea

• Just noticed, in Villain route after credits scene John grows his eyebrow back somehow lol

• edited March 2018

Guess he is magic .

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Just noticed, in Villain route after credits scene John grows his eyebrow back somehow lol

• They also said Willy's last name was Deever... Dumfree and Deever Tweed were Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee in the comics... so, does this mean that our boy Frank is actually Tweedle Dum??

Frank's last name is Dumfree if I got that right.

• edited March 2018

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum's forgotten alcoholic brother Tweedle Willy, who was exiled to Gotham for bringing shame to his family.

They also said Willy's last name was Deever... Dumfree and Deever Tweed were Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee in the comics... so, does this mean that our boy Frank is actually Tweedle Dum??

• How many here manages to redeem Joker in the Vigilante route? Because there is only one ending of that with Bruce visiting Joker in Arkham Asylum?

• edited March 2018

I can't wait!! Also when The Walking Dead final season ends? I am pretty sure S3 of Batman a Telltale Series is coming after that. Also on a Later note? I'm just happy that Telltale gave and hint of potential romance with Avesta a possibility in S3. So I forward to that.

Deltino posted: »

Honestly, S2's ending feels like one of those 'brief hiatus' type of ending to me. It closes out the primary story of the season, but leaves

• Good god, I started watching the Vigilante path and I was so mad and thinking the episode was a complete boring shit, but then I went to the Villain one and it was heaven, FUCKING HEAVEN.

I'm totally changing choices like not warning Selina and now I am sacrificing for her. God, the villain path was amazing, even better the whole letting Alfred go.

The only thing I didn't like overall was Tiffany treatment, can't even use violent force on her? The girl kills someone in cold blood and we either let her go or take her as a new hero? why the fuck is that even a choice? is so stupid and hypocritical, you have no option to forgive Harvey for blowing up that building, no matter what you do you send him to Arkham or Prison, but Tiffany kills someone and is okay? Why do you even have the choice to justify her!?

Not to fully defend Tiffany, but unlike Harvey or even John, she didn't kill any innocent people in the process, nor did she attempt to kill Bruce/Batman. She only killed a single person who, quite frankly, is better off dead anyways. A person who killed her father. A father who was practically family to Bruce, who probably feels some level of obligation to look out for Tiffany in honor of Lucius.

I feel like that's the whole point of it. It's meant to be a moral conflict for Bruce. For all intents and purposes, Tiffany killed someone, broke the code Batman swears by, and she should have to face justice for it. But at the same time, she's also the daughter of one of your closest allies, and ultimately a good person that made one big mistake. Unlike Harvey or John, who have a darkness inside them that they can't fully control by themselves (Two-Face's influence over Harvey, John's psychosis), Tiffany is still fully sane and in control of her actions. She's someone that can be reliably brought back from the edge. But giving her that second chance goes in opposition to the code Bruce lives by. Pretty sure it's meant to be hypocritical by design. Do you give a misguided soul and daughter of a departed friend a second chance by violating your code, or do you stick to your values and beliefs no matter what, regardless of the relationship you have with her?

To me, it sounds like the perfect kind of choice to confront Bruce/Batman with. Something much more complicated and ambiguous than a choice to kill, for example.

Kaelthas posted: »

Good god, I started watching the Vigilante path and I was so mad and thinking the episode was a complete boring shit, but then I went to the

• This is a strong possibility. Selina will remember that you told her that you loved her after she helps to pull Bruce off of a rebar (determinate). However, she doesn't make an appearance for the rest of the episode. Hopefully, we can learn more about what her thoughts are concerning this, because she was an underdeveloped character during the course of this season.

Zjaa6 posted: »

Looks like they do intend to make a Season 3.

• It is still a forced justification that turns Batman into a corrupt "hero", it was still a murder in cold blood, she says it herself, Riddler was an important character, the whole rest of the season is about him, if he was alive tons of things would have been, let's say "easier", he had a lot of information and Batman didn't even finish questioning him when she killed him, so is not as if murdered him didn't matter or was "fair".

To make it worst, instead of taking responsibility for her actions, she runs away. If she's Batgirl she gets angry that you're not flexible, and minutes later literally declares herself a criminal, this is a Vigilante John 2.0 that won't end well.
    And even more annoying if she's with the Agency, she's just sassy and ignores you.

Every single villain we had, Oswald, Harvey, John, Vicki, Harley, etc had justifications for their actions, yet even if we didn't want to, Batman wanted all of them to face justice in the end, if you wanted Tiffany to face justice, Batman shouldn't just stand there and let her go, specially in the Agency ending since she's not even armed and you can just grab her by the arm and throw her in a cell. They made an entire episode with two paths for that very decision with John, but Tiffany just gets away? Is not as if she was super intelligent or even knew how to fight.

If Telltale wanted an option to give people a Batman that would change all of his code if the person who murders is a friend, fine, but there was no need to force everyone else to have Batman standing like a dummy while a criminal escapes.

Not to fully defend Tiffany, but unlike Harvey or even John, she didn't kill any innocent people in the process, nor did she attempt to kill

• In Episode 2 when John denied being involved in riddlers death, at least now you know he was always honest with you

• What's the post credits scene?

• Is John in Arkham
    Depends on your choices you get angry John breaking John and Bruce picture, crazy John with a doll of Bruce painting a smile of blood on his mouth and I've heard there is one in which Bruce visits John but I haven't seen it yet

zeke10 posted: »

What's the post credits scene?

• Looks like Avesta will be the Telltale version of Talia if a Season 3 comes around.

• edited March 2018

So John thinks the Agency are trying to put the blame on him for Riddlers death which he denied earlier on and Waller is adamant that she didn't arrange Riddlers Murder.

Both parties coincidentally were telling the truth after Tiffany confessed to it and John believed it was a stalling tactic on Tiffany's part. Again John was not too happy with Batman about the way things panned out and this clearly resulted in them being at odds with one another.

At least you do get a chance to tell Joker if you really were his friend even though he mentions that you used him from the very start

• Which is villain john?

Is John in Arkham Depends on your choices you get angry John breaking John and Bruce picture, crazy John with a doll of Bruce painting a smile of blood on his mouth and I've heard there is one in which Bruce visits John but I haven't seen it yet

• Oh my god, you can tell Selina you love her only in the vigilante version? I mean, is the only romantic scene you get from that path, while in the Villain you get the hug, the mention about trust and the call me later, but still, wasn't expecting Telltale to put that, specially in such a bad moment.

Do you have any video of how she reacts? Hope is not like in Season 1 or when you tell Harley not to put her in the Icebox because you love her.

This is a strong possibility. Selina will remember that you told her that you loved her after she helps to pull Bruce off of a rebar (determ

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited March 2018

Villain John is the one with the doll.
    If you tell him not all the moments you had with him were bad

And if you tell him you wish you'd never have met him

Which is villain john?

• What happens if you tell john to stop harley instead of ratting him out

Villain John is the one with the doll. If you tell him not all the moments you had with him were bad And if you tell him you wish you'd never have met him

edited March 2018

If you want a full list...

Vigilante, tell John you were friends (stays the same regardless of the Batman/Alfred choice): John is in Arkham, only for a visitor to show up to see him: Bruce.

Vigilante, tell John you were never friends, give up Alfred: John is chilling in Arkham, when he gets distracted by a strike of lightning. Through the window, he sees the silhouette of Batman, watching him from the distance. He says he knew Batman could never stay away from him. Batman grapples away as John laughs.

Vigilante, tell John you were never friends, give up Batman: The same as the above, except instead of seeing Batman, he sees the bat signal. He smiles, but the bat signal suddenly turns off, enraging him. He throws a picture of him and Bruce to the floor in anger.

Villain, tell John you had a good time: John is in Arkham, and begins talking to a doll of Bruce. Draws a smile on its face with lipstick as he laughs to himself.

Villain, tell John you wish you never met: John is in Arkham, talking to the Bruce doll. In this one, he lights the doll on fire, claiming he will make sure their future is "very, very bright" as he laughs to himself.

What's the post credits scene?

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited March 2018

Bruce tells John in a sad puppy voice "Don't let her kill me", John starts making excuses like "I want to stab him a bit more".
    Harley says "OH MY GOSHHH ARE YOU SERIOUUS!?" in that typical cheerleader voice, so she gets mad that John still want to give Bruce attention, and then is the same scene from ratting him out, and starts chocking John.

39:50

What happens if you tell john to stop harley instead of ratting him out

• Damn John kinda comes across as a wimp in that scene

Bruce tells John in a sad puppy voice "Don't let her kill me", John starts making excuses like "I want to stab him a bit more". Harley says

• Just in that scene?

Damn John kinda comes across as a wimp in that scene

• Well in other scenes he seems to be atleast decent at fighting

Just in that scene?

• edited March 2018

So you can only arrest Tiffany in her agency role?

• Yeah and you don't even know if she truly got arrested, you even miss the entire scene of finding her in the roofs and speaking to her directly.

AnimalBoy posted: »

So you can only arrest Tiffany in her agency role?

• Kaelthas posted: »

Oh my god, you can tell Selina you love her only in the vigilante version? I mean, is the only romantic scene you get from that path, while

• Wow, I was seriously considering dropping the Villain ending for the Vigilante if there was an option to tell Selina that Bruce loves her.

But that is a complete piece of shit. It makes it even worse that she just disappears for the rest of the game after that dialogue, I know she's with Waller and all but still.

youtube.com/watch?v=m0gLATNbeb8 41:25

• edited March 2018

Unfortunately, Selina doesn't make another appearance for the rest of the episode, but she has already expressed an interest in Bruce. Hopefully, their relationship will develop more in the next season(?), and we can get a response from Selina.

Wow, I was seriously considering dropping the Villain ending for the Vigilante if there was an option to tell Selina that Bruce loves her.

• edited March 2018

I remember John was Mocking the Riddler after his death and laughing about it which made me believe it was him. Imagine the fallout if Tiffany's family discovers what she did, especially IF there is a season 3. not holding my breath on TTG making a final season

• Who's to say that it would have to be a "final" season? ;)

speedkicks posted: »

I remember John was Mocking the Riddler after his death and laughing about it which made me believe it was him. Imagine the fallout if Tiffa

• edited March 2018

Telltale is definitely planting the seeds for a Selina vs Avesta choice if the series continues.

• edited March 2018

If only the series continues. Also Tiffany has double standards. Trying to get the GCPD to arrest Bruce at his office when she herself committed murder via a poisoned dart. If she ended up working with the Agency, John Doe is well justified in describing the Agency as "Corrupt Pigs"

Who's to say that it would have to be a "final" season?

• If the ending shows Bruce visiting John, does it suggest that Bruce still considers John a friend and still cares about him? And does it also indicate that Bruce hasn't given up on him?

• Due to the sales not being great? It's doing ok but if steam is anything to go by only 70,000 sold then it's not looking good.

Who's to say that it would have to be a "final" season?

From what I remember, the first season didn't sell that great either, but it didn't stop them from doing The Enemy Within, so...

Due to the sales not being great? It's doing ok but if steam is anything to go by only 70,000 sold then it's not looking good.

• Yeah. A shame though, why can't I vist Harvey warvey!? He's in the cell next to John!

If the ending shows Bruce visiting John, does it suggest that Bruce still considers John a friend and still cares about him? And does it also indicate that Bruce hasn't given up on him?

I suppose it's somewhat open to interpretation, but I'd say yes. John seems both surprised and happy to see him, and Bruce looks at him and smiles. It would seem that the friendship's still there.

If the ending shows Bruce visiting John, does it suggest that Bruce still considers John a friend and still cares about him? And does it also indicate that Bruce hasn't given up on him?

• Yeah then they had lay offs of staff. They need to mix things up and evolve make their games better. It just proves that improving your narrative story telling alone without evolving game play ain't going to get them 1 million twitter followers to buy all their games. They can't survive as a company with only the hardcore fans who buy whatever they make.

From what I remember, the first season didn't sell that great either, but it didn't stop them from doing The Enemy Within, so...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.