Episode 5 (SPOILER DISCUSSION)

Comments

• You put all of my thoughts into words! I'm pissed too! Whatever choices we made John was always going to become a villain. I mean, Telltale should have put more emphasis on the fact that Batman would just be Joker's origin story, not a deciding factor in his future. Ugh.
    I've only played Batman s1 and s2 and Tftbl, and the main character's friend always seems to turn into a villain no matter what. Is this the case for most Telltale games?

booper posted: »

Everything I feared happening happened, but I honestly didn't expect them to show such a blatant preference for one path over the other, esp

• They would probably have Bruce with Selina or Avesta based off choice

• edited March 2018

John doesn't turn into a villain in the vigilante ending,you can still told him you're his friend and there's an after credit scene where Bruce visit John.
    And welcome to the forums :)

You put all of my thoughts into words! I'm pissed too! Whatever choices we made John was always going to become a villain. I mean, Telltale

• The silhouette for the episode 5 picture before you start the episode still isn’t revealed for me even though I completed it. And Avesta’s bio after the game just says her name. I think there’s still a few glitches

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited March 2018

I noticed how everyone who got the Vigilante Ending in Ep 4 was like, super happy that they could play as Bruce the whole episode. But in the Vigilante path of Ep 5 you play as Batman 80% of the time.

While in the Villain ending of Ep 4 everyone got more Batman Screen time and then in the actual Villain path you play as Bruce the whole episode.

• Vigilante path was phenomenal. Early watchers made me have some serious doubts but they were unfounded. All of the important characters had significant appearances and interactions, like Bane, Harley, Tiffany, Avesta, Gordon, etc. I have no disappointments and vigilante Joker is my official canon play through. Now to play the villain route for shits and giggles.

• So i just played the vig route and what the hell are people talking about it was amazing it lived up to villian i cant really say snice i watched villian on youtube and played vig for myself but holy hell good ep.

• He still becomes a villain. It's just his relationship with Bruce is way different.

iFoRias posted: »

John doesn't turn into a villain in the vigilante ending,you can still told him you're his friend and there's an after credit scene where Bruce visit John. And welcome to the forums

• edited March 2018

It was definitely really good. Selina got shafted real hard, though. It's like "lemme pull you off this rebar, and poof I'm gone!"

Aside from that, it was really well done. All the little details like papers flying away as the Batmobile speeds away, or little rocks falling down on to the roof after the explosion caused by Joker. It felt really polished, and the Bane fight in the beginning was really well done, too, I loved all the shiny new animations they used there.

Vigilante path was phenomenal. Early watchers made me have some serious doubts but they were unfounded. All of the important characters had

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Speaking of animations, how about vigilante Joker's goofy fighting stance?

Seeing him in that pose with him going "time for some JUSTICE!" at the beginning was amazing.

Putinovich posted: »

It was definitely really good. Selina got shafted real hard, though. It's like "lemme pull you off this rebar, and poof I'm gone!" Aside

• edited March 2018

I wouldn't call him a villain he tried to do what's right he just have different ways of dealing with criminals.
    Yes he completely went insane in Ace chemicals but he wanted to know who killed Riddler he wanted to be like Batman but he can't.
    (I still believe he could have been a hero if Waller didn't tried to kill them with the pact)
    In the end Waller is the real villain.

Tasos_12io posted: »

He still becomes a villain. It's just his relationship with Bruce is way different.

• edited March 2018

Indeed this episode was supposed to be the finale but it really didn't feel like a final episode at least for me... The episode was good but I expected morecor at least a better conclusion to the story like in season 1. I mean seriously so much just seemed to be left unfinished and then we had this cliffhanger ending, like if we have to wait for a new episode. Season 1 had a better conclusive episode. Anyway I think season 3 will happen joker says that he has plans for Bruce for the future in the villain's end, also I heard that there is an hint if you check the Bat computer after episode 5 in the Batcave that we might see Penguin again since there is an article that says that Penguin's lawyer is trying to make Oswald be released on conditional freedom and that his next process will happen in 5 years.

ThaDreey posted: »

If there is no s3 the episode 5 ending has really failed in my opinion, there is soo much left we need to know about and especially Selina..

• edited March 2018

Can someone post a screenshot of the choices from the telltale website?

• Waller gets nothing done to her. Terrible pathway. I'm so mad.

iFoRias posted: »

I wouldn't call him a villain he tried to do what's right he just have different ways of dealing with criminals. Yes he completely went ins

• I saw Avesta pulls Batman off the rebar in some playthroughs

• The only thing I disliked about this episode was the final choice of choosing to give up Alfred or Batman. The reason being that I cannot see a season 3 being made if you gave up Batman but the ending kind of confirms that Season 3 will be made at some point. Also all the different paths that the characters can take will be hard to implement into a season 3. Like Selina has her record wiped by Waller, Gordon is reinstated, and Avesta is COO of Wayne Enterprises. The episode was awesome however, I enjoyed both finales. I just hope that TellTale makes a Season 3 and keeps our choices relevant. Also Iman Avesta was speaking Farsi which could indicate some sort of relationship to Ra's Al Ghul well here's hoping Season 3 answers some of these questions and choices I made in my game.

• Sooo, is it possible to have Selina not be Wallers slave in the end of the vigilante path? I tried to strike a deal with her on the roof, but nothing came of that, and I didnt see any options to bring it up at any point after that

• Well an older Batman would be perfect for the kind of story I want for a Season 3. TellTale should make Batman more aged and gruff because he has been through a lot in Season 2 and I cannot imagine Joker being released from Arkham quickly because of how insane he was by the end of the game. I wanted TellTale to offer us a chance to have Bruce propose to Selina or something but she was completely removed from the story in the epilogue.

Samuel2496 posted: »

Indeed this episode was supposed to be the finale but it really didn't feel like a final episode at least for me... The episode was good but

• You have to pick "You owe me" when talking to Waller after defeating Joker.

• edited March 2018

Only played Vigilante but man oh man. I ain't saying anyone is right and I don't regret anything but fuck. I loved my time with John and the little we worked together. I knew it was bound to happen and things weren't meant to be, but not cause Telltale rewritten-ed him or anything but cause it was blatant from the near beginning. That's just how John has been. He's still my friend through and through but he's a threat that needed to be stopped. He lost control of his emotions and his bipolar tendencies got the better of him...for likely good. Visiting him in Arkham was a huge sigh of relief but I'm not repeating the process. Especially as a new man and not batman. What a fantastic episode and I've only seen half of whats to offer.

• Yep i don't regret anything either like John said "we had such a good time".

Only played Vigilante but man oh man. I ain't saying anyone is right and I don't regret anything but fuck. I loved my time with John and the

• edited March 2018

Fuck you Waller. Fuck you Selina. Fuck you Agent Harrison. Fuck you Waller. Fuck you Alfred.

• THIS. 100% this. You described my thoughts perfectly.

Deltino posted: »

Guess I'm one of the few people here who liked the vigilante route. I had a feeling people would be disappointed about Joker snapping, bu

• Thanks all. Great Job. I will not tell which way I went, only that I really enjoy the games. Take care.

• Im currently playing Vigilante version.. how do I go to play Villain afterwards? Do I need to replay episode 4?

• im so damm dissapointed in telltale, how come when after 2 damm season loving selina and being her lover and freeing her from Waller we dont see her in the ending. oh my gosh unless they make a bonus chapter i think this is the worst unfinished ending i have ever see in a telltale game.

Sarunas21 posted: »

I liked the episode, but not as much as I expected to. As usual, the ending set this up for more story to build on, as usual with all Tellta

• The final episode was epic ! Hands down, this is the best game done by Telltale (for me at least). However, Telltale, I know that you can't please everyone but for me this extensive "non-use" of certain characters left me profoundly sad .... and disappointed.

For example: I felt that Gordon was really insignificant this season (I know that he couldn't lift a finger because of Waller but still I was expecting a heavy uprising against Waller's authority from our mustache friend, but I guess not... ). The only moment when he was actually useful, was his performance in the finale when he traded Batman for the location of the bombs.

Now the biggest flaw in this season for me was the lack of Catwoman. In S1, Selina was so well written and developed to us through a nice introduction in the first episode and I was grateful that her character development kept improving more and more, we got more approaches and interactions with her, in S2... not that much. We got no final scene with her on both villain and vigilante paths.
    This is a short summary of our beloved Catwoman in S2:
    Episode 1 - absent
    Episode 2 - absent
    Episode 3 - the only episode which we actually felt her presence.
    Episode 4 - only 2 minutes of screen time (and you get those minutes only if you decided to reveal yourself as the mole to Harley, otherwise she will be again absent xd )
    Episode 5 - meh...

But still, I hope that there will be a season 3 !

• edited March 2018

It`s obvious that creating two distinct episodes for two paths took all of their time, that is why in the ending, which is pretty linear, they only reference some characters and do not give us enough closure on them. They put all their time and strength to make both paths interesting, and the ending was left out because it is similar in both paths.

djisma posted: »

im so damm dissapointed in telltale, how come when after 2 damm season loving selina and being her lover and freeing her from Waller we do

• My take on episode 5 is similar to others. The villain path was much better, but I prefer that path anyway. Vigilante Joker is silly. There was nowhere to go with it.
    The entire Pact storyline was never resolved, and that includes Riddler’s connection to Sanctus or Pena Duro. It was only a vehicle to tell a Harley Joker story, unfortunately Harley’s back story is not resolved either. Then again there are too many characters in comics created from a parents death. A different plot should have been used.
    Tiffany should be punished. Regardless her character doesn’t fit in future plans, if there are any. If there is a season three they need to start from scratch. No characters already used and something original, not Hush or heaven forbid Court of Owls. Telltale is better than yet another lame illuminati story.
    I’m left unsatisfied with season 2. Season 1 was fresh and left me wanting more. I’m now indifferent toward another Telltale Batman game.

• I made a deal to release Catwoman from Waller and I told her I loved her later and during the choices screen it said I made no deal for her release...Very confused...

• Why do you think her appearence in Ep 5 was meh?
    Her appearence in Villain path is amazing. Specially if you romance her.

• You get her telling you she just pressed the button because if she gets free she would be able to help you
    • She gets happy that you trust her with the key and tells you that you can trust her
    • Gives you a hug and worries about you
    • Bruce and Selina go through the tunnel of love ♥
    • She worries when you cut yourself with the glass
    • She is supportive of you with the whole John mocking the dead people you care about
    • I really loved how John pointed out that Thomas got Martha killed and made a comparison with Bruce potentially getting Selina killed
    • She clearly worries about you when John tortures you
    • She stays with you to fight Harley and John, even though she could have just ran away
    • She beats Harley and you get that almost kiss scene in which she tells you to call her later to get laid
    • And at the ending Waller points out how you two are close and if you ask her to clean her records and release her she does it, meaning she didn't just left in her bike like in S1

Compared to her appearence in Ep 5 of S1 this wins hands down, in S1 she just stole from us, used us, got Alfred kidnapped and left us, I would say this is even better than S1 Ep 3, even though there is no "physical" romance, there is the constant reference to it and an "open happy ending"

Lord Frost posted: »

The final episode was epic ! Hands down, this is the best game done by Telltale (for me at least). However, Telltale, I know that you can't

• I know players will dump on Telltale for this no matter what, but I just can't get angry with the outcome(s) of John's story. I feel there's always been an element of Greek tragedy to Batman and his rogue gallery. Regardless of your choices, Harvey Dent will become Two-Face. Regardless of your choices, John will become The Joker. It's not so much a case of "your decisions never matter," but maintaining the melancholic aura of these characters.

However, the one thing that the universe DOESN'T have power over is your personal relationship with the villains. My Bruce remained a loyal friend to Harvey right to the bitter end; the same with Joker. The stars might dictate who becomes a hero or a monster, but their eyes can't spot everything that happens beneath them. Suffice to say, my version of Bruce visited Joker at Arkham, and Joker was overjoyed to see him. I'm very grateful Telltale included that scene, if only to suggest that, even if they're enemies on the battlefield, the Joker will always have that one consolation knowing he actually had a GENUINE friend at some point in his otherwise dark and miserable life.

That's what I take from the game, anyway. I've only just finished, and I'm still processing it.

• Daily reminder that Mori forgot about Wayne ;'(

• Timeskip is your answer.

I would not read much into it, any smart team of writers want to leave things in place just in case. Having that said an hypothetical seas

• take a look to your points about selina then think how the hell did they not make a end scene with selina, did she banish in the air? wtf im very dissapointed about that fact, atleast in s1 you see her riding off, but there you just get a reference that waller will set her free and the END .......................... come on i think they can do better, maybe all that work was nice and all that, but look mass effect 3....... and ending is very important to us players, they should learn that and make some kind of update or bonus chapter, i dident pay for unfinished product

Kaelthas posted: »

Why do you think her appearence in Ep 5 was meh? Her appearence in Villain path is amazing. Specially if you romance her. * You get h

• edited March 2018

Though perhaps many feel we didn't receive the ideal farewell for Selina or the ideal presence throughout the game itself, this season made me care for her in a way my feelings of resentment didn't allow previously. I always supported her, but her manipulation of Harvey and the cold audacity of using his name as leverage, along with the knowledge that her activities were continuing to harm others made me feel very conflicted. I never believed she was the selfish criminal she would at times present, nor did I ignore the feelings behind her "game" or believe she couldn't find a better path. I cared for her. Nonetheless, I often pushed her away and rebelled from every hint of romantic affection. (Though I only see a platonic bond in whatever future there may be.)

Just seeing her care for Bruce, the vulnerability they've expressed to one another, the understanding and intimacy they've gained... Though principal motivated my decisions to protect her, of course personal feelings bled in. The choices reminded me that I care.

A small moment I adored was confessing without reservation the anger I felt towards her past treatment of Harvey. I knew she felt remorse, I knew it certainly wasn't her place to shoulder divine responsibility, but her apology felt like a new beginning in our relationship.

I'm absolutely startstruck by the choices Telltale implemented. I understand many have reservations about the Vigilante outcome, but it felt heart-breakingly true to his character, and being able to visit John in that cell and remind him that someone cares in the outside, that he has a friend looking out for him...that was touching in the most bittersweet way. Now if only Harvey could feel the same...Anyway, nearly every moment was determinant, and nothing in the playthrough I just finished felt inorganic. That to me is amazing.

I LOVE ALL OF THESE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!

• I prefer the open ending they gave us. I can imagine they started dating and Selina is staying with Bruce. I don't trust Telltale to give me a good ending for the romance. Besides, the scene with Selina wouldn't fit after all that happened, I am not expecting a kissing in the sunset after I sent Tiffany to prison and Alfred left me.

djisma posted: »

take a look to your points about selina then think how the hell did they not make a end scene with selina, did she banish in the air? wtf im

• Well I would wish they gave the melancholic aura to every character.

If they are not going to give different versions of Harvey, John, etc why can we have different outcomes that totally change the characters? In some playthroughs Gordon is going to be a cripple, in others he's fine, in some Tiffany is a Robin, in others a Criminal, in others she's arrested.

If you didn't free Catwoman I don't see why would Waller release her, so you have different outcomes for her. The most important one is Alfred I think, and Bruce himself, you can quit as Batman this season.
    The "mantain the character" should be applied to everyone, using it in just those cases when TTG doesn't apply in others is an excuse.

I know players will dump on Telltale for this no matter what, but I just can't get angry with the outcome(s) of John's story. I feel there's

• edited March 2018

Btw I've got a question: seeing that episode 5 is very different depending on the route I want to play it with the villain path.
    Sadly with the whole stuff about one save I wonder: how to do?
    Do I have to start episode 4 all over again? Because if there's a season 3 I'd like to keep my "cannon" walkthrough..

Eitherway I really did enjoy the vigilante route. Even if I wanted John to stay in the good side I didn't feel it was forced that John became the Joker, the fact there are two different stories improved that feeling. In my playthrough it was all about the grey area and I probably did all the fucked up choices. But! I really felt my choices mattered, this episode was amazing.

And for this, thank you Telltale.

• In my opinion (plz don’t hate me for it) is that season 3 is a must at some point in the future. Ep4 felt like the season 2 finale and episode 5 was the origin story for Joker who would have a bigger impact in season 3. Plus the ending was to abrupt. Left me confused and frustrated.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.