Let's talk about anything TWD related! (memes, theories, ships, etc.)

Comments

• edited March 2019

Thinking of other memes

• Tenn pages, yo!
    @thatgirljay

• I got Gabe on road to survival and I’m honestly ashamed of how happy I am over that considering I can’t even get a single fecking Clementine
    ?⛈?

• Okay, so a bit of debrief: Before I worked up the will to focus on finally finishing the Willy post and the Omar one before it, I was actually working to put together a shared one that focuses primarily on Aasim.
    Here's the thing: there have since been two other ideas that I could do write ups on--one on an alternate take on the group's discourse and one on Violet. While the latter is technically a different plot point entirely, the actual events of Suffer the Children sorta means I might have to touch upon her a bit before getting the point.

So what should I do there--Stick with the established idea? Streamline it to focus solely on Aasim? Spread the same basic information across the three as needed?

• One sadly wasted opportunity that i wished Telltale had actually done something with is Sarah from S2. I personally would've loved if they allowed Sarah to be a determinant character that spanned from S2 all the way through The final season as a main/supporting character. They could've focused more on Sarah's development and arc opposed to recycling the same arc with Kenny with a core focus between Clem and Sarah's relationship which begins to gradually evolve over time as Clementine teaches Sarah how to eventually move on from her dad's death and become an efficient survivor. They could've had it where near the end of the finale that Clementine, Sarah, Jane, Kenny and AJ are the last ones left with Sarah being lost in the blizzard until after the climatic fight when she's reunited with Clementine and AJ. From there they could've made multiple endings which had Clementine/Sarah leaving alone with AJ in their care which led into ANF. And in ANF they could've had her as a supporting character that remained with Clementine who joined new frontier with Clementine until being exiled from the group with Clem after stealing supplies. And you could've even added in an optional teased romance between the two depending on your choices from S2 pertaining to Sarah. And you could've kept Sarah with Clementine at the end of ANF in search of AJ which led into the season finale of the series.

I kept thinking throughout the final season how it would've been such a more fitting finale had it had characters that we've shared this journey with and went through the ups and downs that ultimately led to the finale. It would've been great had their been the determinant option of having Duck, Ben and Sarah as determinant main cast members of S4 since they would've fit in perfectly with the new cast.

• Chibikid posted: »

One sadly wasted opportunity that i wished Telltale had actually done something with is Sarah from S2. I personally would've loved if they a

• So wut ya'll up to?

• That moment when you realize you've been misspelling embarrass for a good while.

• Eh, 2/4 says you're probably better off right now.

Melton23 posted: »

I got Gabe on road to survival and I’m honestly ashamed of how happy I am over that considering I can’t even get a single fecking Clementine ?⛈?

• Wha?

DabigRG posted: »

Eh, 2/4 says you're probably better off right now.

• It's kinda funny to think Violet is someone who was capable of being considered tough, authoritative, or even a bully, given how relatively soft-voiced, solitary, and anorexic she is.

• I know this was not possible due to Telltale going under, however i think it would've been a nice addition to have an expansive free roam post game where you can shift rotational gameplay between AJ/Clementine. And depending on who is alive in your ending dictates the branched free roam activities that are available. It would be neat to have a Tenn/AJ free roam mission where you teach Tenn how to shoot and survive and even possibly hunt with Rosie as a companion during the mission.

You could even have it to where AJ and the school decided to scavenge resources and information on how to make an efficient cybernetic replacement for Clementine enabling her assisting mobility from her lost leg, There could even be mini games such as fishing, hunting, shooting or just trivial card games like earlier in the season with the school.

I'd even have it to where if you keep James alive and he chooses the 'hero' path that you can rekindle your friendship and recruit James to the school post-game and you could find select 400 days characters throughout the post game that you can interact with.

• edited April 2019

Much of that sounds like nice/reasonable things
    Maybe not all of it, but yeah..

Chibikid posted: »

I know this was not possible due to Telltale going under, however i think it would've been a nice addition to have an expansive free roam po

• edited April 2019

Now that I've gotten almost all of my preplanned TFS posts out of the way, I'm wondering if I should go ahead & do something on the subject of the remaining(?) one or just do some easy filler/request next time.
    Either way, I feel like playing a game and/or watch a movie today.

• I feel as if the final credits song for TFS “safe and sound” is strongly suggestive that Clementine is safe and sound. Video game companies, especially ones that focus on narrative, tend to use end credit songs that actually have something to do with the events of the game, with take us back mirroring how Clementine wants the events that have transpired in the last day or so to be erased and ANF being about AJ waiting for Clementine and her making her way over there without letting anything sidetrack her.

Even games such as red dead redemption and “cruel cruel world” which doesn’t need much explaining for people who have played the game, as the world, both in free roam and in the story, is cruel to the outlaws. So I feel as if safe and sound is genuine confirmation that Clementine IS safe and sound. I’ve seen people saying that Ericson can still be attacked and she’ll still die like anyone else...well not really, she’s the protagonist and her story is over, you don’t go off killing protagonists off-screen after saying that they have no more stories to tell, because their death is a story in itself. But onto safe and sound, the song is literally called “safe and sound” she is safe, her story is over because she gets to spend the rest of her days within Ericson. There are no more major events that’ll take place after TFS, this is it, no more raids, no more deaths, everything that happens post-TFS, and perhaps even prior, is now up for the player to decide, but to me, these final lyrics may or may not be confirmation that Clementine may be the first confirmed person, as well as her friends, to survive until the end. But, at the end of the day, it’s just the viewpoint of one guy.

• Okay, not to give anything away, but I was looking through some older threads for information on [_____] and my own impressions for Suffer the Children are hilariously disjointed.

• Uh, fair point.

ANF being about AJ waiting for Clementine and her making her way over there without letting anything sidetrack her.

Wait, is that what it's about?

I feel as if the final credits song for TFS “safe and sound” is strongly suggestive that Clementine is safe and sound. Video game companies,

• Here's another old moment of hilarity:

KentMudle: ...she even states at the start she should just shoot you and throw you overboard but instead tries to make Clem understand,hurts OTHER people instead of hurting Clem
    @iFoRias: That's not how you make someone understand why you're kidnapping kids dude,that's just Lilly being an asshole.

• Hey ya'll, @Louche wanted me to explain on his behalf that he wants to be here and has a lot to say on TFS, but of course the sign in thing is keeping him from doing so.
    I told him of the workaround someone mentioned a week or so ago that I've since confirmed works.

Wish him luck!

• Good luck to Louche ??

Hey ya'll, @Louche wanted me to explain on his behalf that he wants to be here and has a lot to say on TFS, but of course the sign in thing

• edited April 2019

A new frontier is like the prequels from Star Wars. It provides us with memes, and for that reason alone we should not hate it, but cherish it
    ✨?✨

• Hey there dud.
    I just wanted to say I've been thinking about getting around to this on occasion but for whatever reason, it's subject hasn't really been on my mind much. Well that and there were/are a good number of other topics that had priority due to relevance or for lack of a better word investment, TFS and all.
    Although since I've gone through most of that stuff plus a few extras and have been in a relatively blank indecisive mind about deciding on what I can talk about next, there's a chance I'll be able to focus on it.

Num 2. Seems like a more interesting title

• Went back in time in terms of game installments to write about today and without resorting to checking other scenes/episodes for other sources, it reoccurred to me how few times Mini-Jane and Gabe interact onscreen.

• It was the reason why most of us hated their relationship. And the time they did have together, it was mostly flirty non-constructive conversation. Because of this, It didn't give us much reason why we should like his character and why we should trust him to be a good companion/counterpart for Clementine.

Went back in time in terms of game installments to write about today and without resorting to checking other scenes/episodes for other sources, it reoccurred to me how few times Mini-Jane and Gabe interact onscreen.

• No it fuckin wasn't.
    It was A reason, but don't pretend that was a first, second, maybe even fourth concern for most.

It didn't give us much reason why we should like his character

Ffuzzy logic at play again, mate--a relationship in itself generally shouldn't be a major reason to like a character in it.

It was the reason why most of us hated their relationship. And the time they did have together, it was mostly flirty non-constructive conver

• edited May 2019

Woah- woah! Slow it down -- slow it down. I didn't mean to say that their relationship was the only thing that defined his character. I was trying to say that his screen interaction with her by itself didn't add as much to his character, which was disappointing. Typing while drowsy may not be a good idea.

No it fuckin wasn't. It was A reason, but don't pretend that was a first, second, maybe even fourth concern for most. It didn't give

• Okay, okay. Sorry, just...ugh.
    You're right when you say that, though. Which honestly, served to piss me off more than them actually going with that hysteria itself.

Woah- woah! Slow it down -- slow it down. I didn't mean to say that their relationship was the only thing that defined his character. I was

• I just saw some fan art I can never unsee ?

• Fan art or "fan art."

I just saw some fan art I can never unsee ?

• Bit of both? If that makes any sense.

Fan art or "fan art."

• Hm...

Bit of both? If that makes any sense.

• edited May 2019

It wasn’t Clementine tho. I mean S4 Clem doesn’t bother me too much (that sounds kinda bad, don’t take it out of context pls I think) but Kenny and Lee is a different story ?

Hm...

• uGH

It wasn’t Clementine tho. I mean S4 Clem doesn’t bother me too much (that sounds kinda bad, don’t take it out of context pls I think) but Kenny and Lee is a different story ?

• Haha...got ‘em? ?

• Thinking about boning up on ANF and/or Season 2 in general.

• Wut?

Thinking about boning up on ANF and/or Season 2 in general.

• Going back over them to refresh myself.

Unfortunately, I just reconfirmed that it might be in vain. :pensive:

Wut?

• Nah ANF is low-key good though. It’s a fun ride for what we’re offered, and Javier is actually a decent protagonist. Too bad he was under-utilised.

Going back over them to refresh myself. Unfortunately, I just reconfirmed that it might be in vain.

• edited May 2019

No, I meant in terms of this community.
    EDIT: COMMENT #400!

Nah ANF is low-key good though. It’s a fun ride for what we’re offered, and Javier is actually a decent protagonist. Too bad he was under-utilised.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.