(Spoilers) So.... Louis or Violet?

At this point with Marlon dead, it is pretty clear that Louis and Violet will be the possible romance options for Clem. There are several opportunities to talk to them and get to know them, even flirt with them. Two choices revolve around choosing between them, fishing with Violet/hunting with Louis and then appealing to either Violet or Louis. I'm fairly conflicted as to who I want to ship Clem with so I wanted to write down my impressions of both of them and then also hear other people's opinions:

Louis made a good first impression on me by taking care of AJ and then offering him his own bowl of food when AJ was still hungry. He is goofy and lighthearted but the other characters strongly implied that he is unreliable, especially Marlon who is his best friend and would know him best. Louis made me laugh a couple times and was nice to AJ but I can't help but feel like he is just a typical boy.

Violet on the other hand made a pretty bad first impression on me, coming across as Jane 2.0. However it soon became clear that she is deeper and more complex than that. I went fishing with her and she started to warm up to both Clem and Brody. However, when I appealed to her she didn't want to help me at first, saying "I don't really know you, Clem". She only intervened with Marlon when I appealed to her selfish nature and said that SHE could be traded next. So whereas Louis seems like a fun and caring guy that could be good for Clem/AJ, Violet seems deeper and like she could have a more meaningful relationship with Clem. I also like how Violet ties together the whole "dead Minnie, girls being traded" plotline. If Minnie turns up alive it could result in some juicy drama lol.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on these two characters? Does my train of thought make sense? My brain tells me to go with Louis but for some reason I feel compelled to choose Violet. I also hope that we can choose who to get with even if we appealed to the other person in the premiere.

Comments

• It only took a few minutes for me to start shipping Violet and Clem lol. I'd rather Clem be with a girl than a guy and I like that Violet has her barriers and all, but we've seen that she can be sweet on the inside. I think they'd be really cute together so that's what I'm hoping for!

• Violet and Louis knows by being nice to AJ win points towards Clem.

• Louis for me

• Violet, but no one at all is also still very much on the table. I liked Louis and think he could make a good number 2 for Clem and make a good counterpoint to that hard ass edge I give Clem, but boyfriend material he is not. Sorry pal but your just not good enough for Clementine, Violet on the other hand may just be good enough for her, barely... maybe.

• Of course Violet. I love characters that are written with her dynamic. I fall in love with characters with that hard exterior but soft interior complex. Characters like Jack from the Mass effect games. So yeah, definitely violet and Clem. They're so gorgeous together. Though I still like Louis.

• What is your reasoning for Louis not being boyfriend material, and for Violet maybe being girlfriend material? Just curious

Plan_R posted: »

Violet, but no one at all is also still very much on the table. I liked Louis and think he could make a good number 2 for Clem and make a go

• Louis, I like myself a lighthearted guy, and he creates good contrast with Clem. I think they'd be a nice couple so if the option comes, probably him. Violentine is also not bad, but I just prefer Louis more.

• Well with Violet it mostly just that I think she a little bit of Clem in her. I went in very much ready to hate her, but she won me over quick, I liked that she was direct with Clem and not pretentious. After each interaction with her I came away liking her more and wanting to dig deeper into her character. While I liked Louis right away, with each interaction I felt more certain that he is just not the right guy for the person My Clem is. Clem is just too much of a realist, and a charming rogue would have no effect on her but a broken girl with heart of gold, I think has a real chance of getting through to Clem.

What is your reasoning for Louis not being boyfriend material, and for Violet maybe being girlfriend material? Just curious

• Louis is the best for clem

• I think Violent has this lone wolf and almost like lost love personality (which I really like a lot about her)and her interactions are by far amazing and I really felt like her and Clem both lost something they love and they both share this bad memory of those who they lost in the past.

I really feel like Violent and Clem have interesting interactions. The more I see it? The more I like it. So her and Clem make a great pair. I hope we can do more conversations with her.

Well with Violet it mostly just that I think she a little bit of Clem in her. I went in very much ready to hate her, but she won me over qui

• edited August 2018

Neither for me. I told myself that if there were going to be romantic interests for Clementine this season that it'd be Marlon or bust for me. Well...bust it is. I did confirm that Clementine had feelings for Gabe during the card game so I guess my Clementine still has Gabe on her mind.

Unfortunately, it seems like you're almost forced into flirting with one of them during the walk back from taking out the walkers. You can either talk about how awesome Louis/Violet were during the fight which seems to count as flirting or you can pick the third option which is calling yourself a badass. That too seems to be considered flirting with Louis according to Violet's relationship card. Don't really want to take the silence option just to avoid flirting with one of them.

• I don't think Louis is that type of guy like Gabe who is just desperate for Clem. I mean Louis probably has a crush on her, but he's not pushing it like Gabe was - he instead just tries to have positive energy by pulling off jokes and having good attitude, yet he knows when it's time to be serious. And I especially liked him when he played piano for Clem - I thought it was just really sweet of him - of course he's flirty, but not as some stereotypical arrogant guy who'd just want to get in girl's pants and that's it. And afterwards he wasn't tryharding or anything, he was just being a cool and nice guy.

Well with Violet it mostly just that I think she a little bit of Clem in her. I went in very much ready to hate her, but she won me over qui

• When I think about it, I'm probably in the minority here. At the moment, I don't see any of them as a potential romance option. Not that I'm against it, no. I like both of those characters, they're very interesting but I'd have to see what the rest of the episodes have in store for us to decide whether pursuing this arc is even worth it.

Okay but if asked, which of them I like more as a character, I'd say Violet. Louis is a cool dude, he's awesome. Especially his piano song for Clementine. :D He is definitely one of the characters that I'm going to try to stick with it. That being said, after getting to know Violet I think she is in a situation where she could really use a friend or at least someone to talk to.

By the way, I'd appreciate if someone could share the source of information that TFS will feature a romance arc. I didn't even knew that before I've noticed all those threads lately.

• I’m Louis all the way. I love his personality and his loyalty to his friends.

• Fans during ANF: This romance is terrible, we don't want it in the game, especially in regards to Clementine.

Fans during TFS: Should we ship Violetine or Louisentine?

Don't take it personally, I'm just having a bit of fun is all. As for the shipping, I prefer if my Clem remain single and not get involved with all of this stuff. But, if I had to choose, I'd definitely pick Louis over Violet right now. Yes he can come off as overly flirtatious (some of it's charming, some of it's ugh), but overall, his personality is far more appealing to me than Violet's. He's more easygoing, sociable, and fun, and Clem could really use someone like that after years in the apocalypse.

• Strangely I like them both...and will run multiple saves....but it does point out even more just how horrible Gabe was in ANF

• I prefer Violet for the reasons you listed.

• edited August 2018

Louis. He’s good hearted and goofy and I believe those two have the best chemistry together. Clem needs someone like that in her life. Also, he cares about AJ already despite knowing for him in a little amount of time: he looked after him when Clem was unconscious, he gave him his food, he taught AJ about the piano, and helped him on his feet when Marlon pushed him. I feel like AJ is most comfortable around him.

I also like Violet a lot, but Louis will be my main ship in my first playthrough. Violet will be my other ship when I play again. If given the chance on my first playthrough, I’ll have Violet be Clem’s best friend.

• The fact that more has already been done in the first episode to build chemistry with 2 potential romance interests than there was in the entirety of ANF in regards to Gabe and Clem is either impressive or hilarious.

Strangely I like them both...and will run multiple saves....but it does point out even more just how horrible Gabe was in ANF

• To be honest at first i didn’t want clem to have a relationship but now I’m all for Louis And clem

• Both

The fact that more has already been done in the first episode to build chemistry with 2 potential romance interests than there was in the entirety of ANF in regards to Gabe and Clem is either impressive or hilarious.

• edited August 2018

Ohhh I can’t wait for that one Gabentine fan to say Gabe and Clem had more chemistry together than Louis or Violet.

The fact that more has already been done in the first episode to build chemistry with 2 potential romance interests than there was in the entirety of ANF in regards to Gabe and Clem is either impressive or hilarious.

• Well during the choice between the two at the end I went with Violet b/c Louis and Marlon were life long friends and it would've been easier imo to turn someone who wasn't. If there is a romance option I guess I'll go with Louis though.

• Both

Both

• And I'll be here to laugh my ass off.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Ohhh I can’t wait for that one Gabentine fan to say Gabe and Clem had more chemistry together than Louis or Violet.

• There’s already Gabentine fans having a heart attack about Clem mentioning him lol.

And I'll be here to laugh my ass off.

• Louis
    I hope they let us choose which one we want!
    I like Violet and all but I just don’t ship it.

• Same!

ADSAM posted: »

To be honest at first i didn’t want clem to have a relationship but now I’m all for Louis And clem

• Ship Louistine, Violet can be Clems best friend.

• Are you going to Smith every Gabentine fan here?

• Violet. I like "serious" characters more than goofballs and I also feel like their relationship could have more depth.

Also, I'm a gay girl, so of course I'm happy that we may get a gay romance option, haha! Which doesn't mean I would automatically pick Violet just because she is a girl. If I felt like she had better chemistry with a guy, then I would pick him. But yeah.

• If they think Gabe is a better romance option than Louis and Violet, then yes.

Tewudin posted: »

Are you going to Smith every Gabentine fan here?

• Well then...

If they think Gabe is a better romance option than Louis and Violet, then yes.

• edited August 2018

Neither

• Definitely Violet

• Together...

Tewudin posted: »

Well then...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.