(Spoilers) So.... Louis or Violet?

Comments

• This is a great thing to think about and I think you are 100% right. Clem and Louis' personalities compliment each other real nicely. I also agree with Louis' potential character development and this might even stem from the whole Marlon situation. The knowledge of Marlon's action, his death (Marlon was, after all, his childhood friend). Abandoning the pinata for a moment, he's proven that he "gets shit done" when push comes to shove, even though he comes across as unreliable as hell. He'll always be a little goofy at heart (and I'd hate for him to lose that completely) but I would be excited to see him develop more in the following episodes.

GamerLady posted: »

I get the feeling Luis' character will undergo some serious progression. He'll grow up a bit, especially due to Clem's influence. So I guess

• Right off that bat Louis watches over Aj and teach’s him how to play piano, he later continues to be selfless and loyal by offering his food to Aj. He also was willing to be the one to ring the bell to attract the walkers. He’s funny and lighthearted which is something Clementine definitely needs considering all the shit she’s gone through. His only major flaw is he gets distracted to easily and sometimes doesn’t take situations seriously enough which was obvious with the “zombie pinata“ incident. Right off the bat Violet starts throwing shade at you and distances herself. If you go fishing she just acts all debby downer and kills the mood. Louis is the clear winner here IMO, he’s kind and loyal to you right away despite only meeting you. I’m really surprised to see everyone choosing Violet honestly.

• edited August 2018

I am surprised too. Right now there's nothing likable about her for me. She hasn't exactly proven herself. Like even if Luis comes off as annoying with his flirtations for some people, he's still useful. He's built traps and has shown he'll do the dangerous stuff no one wants to do. He also has shown he likes AJ and will take care of him, not because of Clem, but for AJ. He showed this by watching over AJ before Clem and him even met.
    lol, seeing the comments here have redeemed the zombie pinata incident a little bit for me.

Right off that bat Louis watches over Aj and teach’s him how to play piano, he later continues to be selfless and loyal by offering his food

• One of the things I like most about him is how welcoming he was. First impressions are not the most important thing about a person, but they matter in their own right. And he welcomed Clem and AJ with a smile and kindness. And he knew how to deal with AJ compared to that lady AJ bit. He seemed to know not to touch AJ and calmed him down instead by distracting him with a song.

Right off that bat Louis watches over Aj and teach’s him how to play piano, he later continues to be selfless and loyal by offering his food

• THANK YOU!

I am surprised too. Right now there's nothing likable about her for me. She hasn't exactly proven herself. Like even if Luis comes off as an

• Exactly this. While I have nothing against Violet and I think she's a great character, I believe Louis would just be better for these reasons. He's kind and funny, but it's not like he's not taking anything seriously. I also think he'd be a great help to Clementine in raising AJ to become a good person and not have a repeat of the Marlon situation. Maybe he's not the greatest survivalist, but he's a good person morally.

• edited August 2018

Delete

JustinCage posted: »

It's mostly because people hated Gabe and thought that Clem desevered to be with someone that was actually likeable/ better suited for her.

• edited August 2018

I can't wait for Clementeen to die, karmically rendering this constant nonsense moot.

@JustinCage It's mostly because people hated Gabe and thought that Clem desevered to be with someone that was actually likeable/ better suited for her. Plus, a lot of fans saw Clem x Gabe as a super forced ship that was shoved down the player's throat. With Violet and Louis' case, it looks like TTG learned from their mistake and wanted Clem to build a relationship that was more organic and developed. Personally, I'm not 100% on board with it per se but i'm more for it this season vs TNF because of how it's handle better this time around

Even though the "sexual tension" everyone kept saying was there was damn near non-existent with the character himself and mainly just a figment of their misreading, hungry for anything else to complain about imaginations. And the "actual" shipping later on was mainly on Clementeen's end and arguably their own damn faults for constantly talking about it in the first place.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Ohhh I can’t wait for that one Gabentine fan to say Gabe and Clem had more chemistry together than Louis or Violet.

• edited August 2018

Yeah, but that's kinda the thing: Violet is such a broad, faux-progressive(discounting the possibility that she is indeed the LGBT character here), and frankly overdone archetype that it's kinda hard for many to get behind her or find something to attach to.

She is quite a lot like Clem actually.

That doesn't help either.

I don't think Violet is much like Jane except on a superficial surface level

• edited August 2018

That's not true...okay, let me be more specific: Gabe does experience some degrees of character growth in the ANF we collectively got and I honestly/personally doubt his character was really meant to qualify as a love interest for Clementine. I'd also like point out, biased or not, that he definitely had more personality than most would wanna give him credit for; more than Violet either way--nah, I kiddin.?

Everything else is fair though. Especially the point about there being likely clearer set benchmarks and endgoals for his character arc when they started compared to what they put out in May/June.

@MRSHYGUY45 posted: WE GOT ONE! In all seriousness, may I ask why?

Idk, some people actually seemed to quite like the idea. Particularly when it comes to artwork.
    Which is good for them, as I'm glad someone found enjoyment in that shallowmess.

But @MetallicaRules? Why do you think Telltale thought we would like Gabe? I honestly believe (and maybe this is the optimist in me

• edited August 2018

Delete

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

@Tewudin WE GOT ONE! In all seriousness, may I ask why?

• Louis but...

I had to basically force this little fucker to step in and help me so i'm a little bit unsure, not a definitive choice for sure, i'll see how it will work out.

• Best stance to have.

@MelysBlossom I wanted my Clem to get in a relationship with Marlon, but I guess I haven't been left other choices after the first episode's finale....

Is it bad that I'm kinda glad that's the case?

Sir_Tubs posted: »

neither, both are good characters and it doesnt need romance

• Ah, but see, Korra and Asami had different characters, had chemistry, and were there for each other in down and even tense times.

Louis, funny and interesting character. Would like it to clash with Clem's seriousness. for Violet, zombie apocalypse.lesbian relationshi

• Spoiler

You have to practically force both of them to help you out. Which is understandable because neither owe Clem anything or even know her well enough. In fact, I thought the whole thing was a bit too easy. Realistically everyone probably would've sided with the guy they've known for years vs the girl that literally just showed up. I mean to say when he framed her, they probably would've believed him no problem. Not when he confessed.

Louis but... (Spoiler)

• I'm curious about other people's playthroughs. I only seemed to have pleasant conversation with Violet.

I was apologetic when she complained about the walkers at the start and never ran into any problems.

Are there ways in which Violet can be confrontational with Clementine?

• It's totally understandable, I guess I wanted to rush too quickly into any kind of relationship henceforth I'll take some distance and think about it twice before making a definitive opinion.

Spoiler You have to practically force both of them to help you out. Which is understandable because neither owe Clem anything or even kno

• I think, hopefully, both will be good. I'm excited for the replay value it'll offer.

It's totally understandable, I guess I wanted to rush too quickly into any kind of relationship henceforth I'll take some distance and think about it twice before making a definitive opinion.

• edited August 2018

But which is one the better for you? Violet will continue interest me probably more episodes this final season and she and Clem have interesting conversations with each other and maybe more. I was on YouTube and it is insane of how many ppl are fighting over what ship is better for Clem? Luckily there is a choice,but I have seen 65% of more ppl want Violet and Clem and 35% of ppl want Louis and Clem.

I think, hopefully, both will be good. I'm excited for the replay value it'll offer.

• Also did you notice the rainbow pin on Violet's clothes

BroKenny posted: »

It only took a few minutes for me to start shipping Violet and Clem lol. I'd rather Clem be with a girl than a guy and I like that Violet ha

• The more gameplay I watch, the more retarded Louis seems to me. No offense to players who want Clem with a goofy ass dude but it's going to be Violet all the way for me.

• Subtle

Also did you notice the rainbow pin on Violet's clothes

• I knew from the moment that violet asked that stupid morbid question, about who was going to die first I wasn't going to like her. And the bitch has the nerve to get offended if you think she's going to die first for asking the stupid question. Louis at least seems to be more stable than she is, I mean violet seems like the type of person to threaten to kill herself if you leave her or cheat on her. I wouldn't be surprised if she was part of the eggy emo club during high school before the outbreak.

• stares in offended

I knew from the moment that violet asked that stupid morbid question, about who was going to die first I wasn't going to like her. And the

• I wouldn't be surprised if she was part of the eggy emo club during high school before the outbreak.

I'd like mine sunnyside up, nightfallz!

How old is Violet anyway?

I knew from the moment that violet asked that stupid morbid question, about who was going to die first I wasn't going to like her. And the

• I'm not gay so of course I choose Violet

• Im sorry

Dex-Starr posted: »

stares in offended

• edited August 2018

Close together

! [ ] ( URL )

Im sorry

• But Violet is

I'm not gay so of course I choose Violet

• Yeah but I ain't. If I choose Louis, that would be gay, you see.

But Violet is

• edited August 2018

I’m actually suprised you prefer Violet. I’d find most people who liked/agreed with Kenny would be more towards Louis because while they are completely different characters with different characteristics and outlooks they share one important factor: care/loyalty toward Clem and more importantly, Aj. I wasn’t a fan of Louis in the beginning until I replayed and realized all the shit he does for Clem and Aj: He looks out for Aj while Clem was unconscious, He gives Aj his food, He helps Aj up after Marlon pushes him down. I also noticed if you go hunting with Aasim and Louis Aj will stick by him, but if you go with Brody and Vi to spearfish Aj runs of and does his own thing. When you decide who to appeal too in the end I find Louis acts a lot more selflessly. You have to realize that Marlon was Louis’s best friend (you see them together in the picture, Marlon says he’s his best friend, and Aasim will even call Louis “Marlon’s lap dog”) so this decision was way harder for Louis, he literally went against his best friend he’s known for longer then anyone else and stands by your side. Meanwhile Violet Isn’t nearly as close to Marlon (“this place can get a little to bro-town for my liking”) and she even has a reason to go against him because Marlon gave up her girlfriend. She also says “I don’t know you Clem, not really” even if you sympathized and sided with her the whole episode.

The more gameplay I watch, the more retarded Louis seems to me. No offense to players who want Clem with a goofy ass dude but it's going to be Violet all the way for me.

• it kept saying 3 body characters to short I haven't posted gifs in a while :D

DabigRG posted: »

Close together ! [ ] ( URL )

• Louis probably has a crush on Clementine. He seems like the kind of guy who will do anything for it.

I’m actually suprised you prefer Violet. I’d find most people who liked/agreed with Kenny would be more towards Louis because while they are

• Just put dots/periods outside of the format, buddy.

it kept saying 3 body characters to short I haven't posted gifs in a while

• Before he even meets Clem he watches over Aj. And the way he gives Aj his food seems less like a cheap move on Clem and more like he simply just likes the little man. And idk about you, but I wouldn’t go against my bestest friend for a simple crush.

Louis probably has a crush on Clementine. He seems like the kind of guy who will do anything for it.

• Okay assuming that your a guy by that logic, your roleplaying playing as a girl isn't that already as gay it gets. For a straight guy, at that point what does it matter what gender you romance?

I'm not gay so of course I choose Violet

• I knew someone would go there.

Louis probably has a crush on Clementine. He seems like the kind of guy who will do anything for it.

• xd I was just baiting, carry on.

Okay assuming that your a guy by that logic, your roleplaying playing as a girl isn't that already as gay it gets. For a straight guy, at that point what does it matter what gender you romance?

• Quite the conundrum he has there, ain't it?

The solution is simple--don't romance nobody. But I guess that's too simple.

Okay assuming that your a guy by that logic, your roleplaying playing as a girl isn't that already as gay it gets. For a straight guy, at that point what does it matter what gender you romance?

• Good job man you got me you sly dog you!

xd I was just baiting, carry on.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.