(Spoilers) So.... Louis or Violet?

Comments

• Okay this is getting weird :D

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Together...

• edited August 2018

I was slightly dissapointed in Louis in the end when I appealed to him. After all that flirting and such. Its understandable tho, Marlon is his long time friend. But it didn't matter anymore after I told him to Step The Fuck Up.

Edit: To answer the question, I enjoy both. Personally I find Violet more interesting but I see her more like a possible best friend for Clementine rather than a love interest. So if I had to choose it would be Louis.

• I wanted Assim first. But I went with Violet choices, even though Lewis had a great first impression he seemed a bit too charming while Violet felt more real and down to earth. Even though she was annoying me with Brody, it is understandable where she was coming from.

• I really like Violet, and I really appreciate Telltale making Violet and Minerva girlfriends and giving us to option to tell AJ that. Hopefully, the game will continue giving us an opportunity to become closer with Violet and Louis and let players choose who they want to grow closer to, whether platonically or something more.

In the past, TTG has tended to push certain romantic relationships in their storylines regardless of player choices, almost exclusively heterosexual from what I can remember, which was very frustrating for players who were playing their characters as asexual or gay (for example, when I played Javier in TWD3, I adored Kate like a sister, but in my playthrough, Javi was gay. So it was heartbreaking to watch Kate become depressed thinking we were in love when I'd never made any choices that would have given her that impression and you'd think that after spending so much time together, my feelings on that would have been clear).

I think this is one of the first Telltale games I've played that made me hopeful they might not push one specific pairing on us.

• Moment of silence for Gabe... hahaha

• edited August 2018

Louis all the way man. I just don’t like Minnie moodier Jane. And also I can’t see my clem with a girl

• I don't think Violet is much like Jane except on a superficial surface level

xxplvb posted: »

Louis all the way man. I just don’t like Minnie moodier Jane. And also I can’t see my clem with a girl

• Gotta go for that harem ending.

Both

• I really din't like how hard she was trying to be edgy, like that whole question during the war game where she asks who we think is going to die first. Like it's really strange how people are shipping clementine with violet and i think it has more to do with the fact that she is a girl and its a gay option than them just examining her character. I mean she seems really seems off so i'm very wary of her.

I don't think Violet is much like Jane except on a superficial surface level

• Violet was honestly the most straight forward out of the trio. She was asking actual questions to get to know Clem's past and personality while Louis was just flirting nonstop. And then if you go fishing with her, she opens up about her past with Minnie and Brody. She's guarded at first but once you get to talking to her she is very straight forward about her feelings and state of mind, compared to Louis who is cracking jokes literally nonstop.

I really din't like how hard she was trying to be edgy, like that whole question during the war game where she asks who we think is going to

• Oh no, I was saying how it's both impressive and hilarious that, regardless of which ship you prefer, it still has more chemistry after one episode than Gabentine does in an entire season

lupinb0y posted: »

Gotta go for that harem ending.

• I HATED Gabentine. I really really hate it! I don't like Gabe at all. I am happy Telltale made a huge decision on making these characters likeable especially Violent. It is also hilarious by the way. But @MetallicaRules? Why do you think Telltale thought we would like Gabe? But all of the sudden they are going to be surprised when they made us like Violent(I like her a lot especially her character) and Louis more?

Oh no, I was saying how it's both impressive and hilarious that, regardless of which ship you prefer, it still has more chemistry after one episode than Gabentine does in an entire season

• edited August 2018

I'd pick Violet over Louis any day even though I'd prefer none.

Lou is just all bravado and thirst while Vi actually seems a lot more interesting and "normal", ~~but I seriously doubt that the whole Violetine ship will lead to anywhere since Vi's loved one is actually alive. I'd see Clem and Vi more of as a pair of BFFs than an actual loving couple.~~

• We don't know if Minnie is alive still it is been like a year after Violent lost her after being traded for protection so idk,but I have feeling that Vi is probably liking Clem more than anything and warming up to her in this episode 1.

Telltale might do that and I hope they make us have the option of Violent and Clem becoming a thing.

Findagon posted: »

I'd pick Violet over Louis any day even though I'd prefer none. Lou is just all bravado and thirst while Vi actually seems a lot more int

• But @MetallicaRules? Why do you think Telltale thought we would like Gabe?

I honestly believe (and maybe this is the optimist in me speaking) that there originally was going to be a larger character arc for Gabe, one that actually saw him grow and become stronger, but ended up getting scrapped or pushed off to the side. This would turn him into a more likable character that players could sympathize with, and would therefore lead players to be more open to a possible Gabentine outcome, especially if Clem would be the one to teach him. This is just my speculation, I have no proof to back this up, but with all the talented people at Telltale, I would find it hard to believe that they intentionally would set something like that up and purposely not do anything with it without some sort of reasoning behind it, because he went through zero character growth across the season.

This season, with the attention being put on the characters of Louis and Violet, it seems like it's a sort of makeup for the mistakes of the past, because they've already given both characters more personality than Gabe and have opened the door for future character growth.

strwar3 posted: »

I HATED Gabentine. I really really hate it! I don't like Gabe at all. I am happy Telltale made a huge decision on making these characters li

• Tough call, both are great for Clementine but originally say Louis.

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited August 2018

Laughing at Gabe will never get old, just like Milhouse he will never count

Moment of silence for Gabe... hahaha

• These memories are making me sadder than ever knowing what will happen to Rick this season....I miss these days.

Tewudin posted: »

Okay this is getting weird

• Tad bit spoilery.
    Violet is seriously Jane-reincarnate. She's got more layers? No. She's got layers cause she has a dead girlfriend? Jane had a dead sister. Same character, slightly different circumstances. And she was not asking real questions to get to know Clem. How is 'who of us do u think will die first?' a question to get to know Clem? Its an awkward question that put Clem on the spot. And off the bat she opens up to Clem. I didn't even have to go fishing with her to find out how she felt about Tenn's sisters and what not. She's just as flirtatious as Luis but sneakier about it. And Luis is a total goofball whose tactless at flirting. Hopefully he gets more character depth cause, as of now, he has none. He's useful though, considering he builds traps and has the guts to go be a distraction and what not. And neither character will immediately help you when you ask, as far as I know, you have to convince the both of them. So they both suck.
    But it is cool that Telltale is offering players the choice of male or female. I'm not interested but for those that love the romance stuff I'm glad for u guys. I am a little frustrated by how much it was pushed. Like of all the people Clem should have called on to help her was Aasim. Why? Because she saved his life in the beginning and he owed her. So it'd make way more sense for her to do that than to have called on Violet or Luis. That, to me, was just obnoxious. I mean Violet's got a point when she says 'I barely know you Clem' because that's true her and Luis have absolutely no reason to help Clem out. Aasim, on the other hand, he owes Clem. She almost got herself killed in order to save his a$$. So he should've been an option to ask for help.

• Here's the thing, its clear that both violet and louis have a thing for clementine they just go about expressing it a bit differently. Louis is more forward while violet is more reserved that being said, I like louis more because he's pretty clear about what he wants, unlike Violet who reminds me of gabe more than jane just because of how moody and edgy they both are.

Violet was honestly the most straight forward out of the trio. She was asking actual questions to get to know Clem's past and personality wh

• Im extremely conflicted so much that im doing to exact same saves with one clem getting close to Louis and one with clem getting close to violet

• edited August 2018

Like I've said, Violet resembles Jane on a very superficial level. Yes they are females who have dead loved ones and can be edgy at times but it's absurd to say they're literally the same character based off of that alone. Jane kept people at a distance, Violet says that it's good to have people to talk to. Jane fled from being in a group, Violet is part of the group and handles her responsibilities. Jane hated the idea of protecting children, Violet has no issues with protecting children and having them around. Jane literally needed convincing just to sit with the group at a fire, Violet is happy to sit down at meals and play cards. Jane was a complete edgelord. Violet is fleshed out and believable.

GamerLady posted: »

Tad bit spoilery. Violet is seriously Jane-reincarnate. She's got more layers? No. She's got layers cause she has a dead girlfriend? Jane h

• edited August 2018

Nah. Gabe's still on my Clem's mind. Had Clem admit feelings for Gabe and shot Louis and Violet down every chance I got.

Moment of silence for Gabe... hahaha

• edited August 2018

@Tewudin WE GOT ONE!

In all seriousness, may I ask why?

AnimalBoy posted: »

Nah. Gabe's still on my Clem's mind. Had Clem admit feelings for Gabe and shot Louis and Violet down every chance I got.

• Also want to point out the difference between hunting with Louis vs. fishing with Violet. Louis treats a walker like a pinata and they jokingly beat it up while AJ watches, while in the very first scene Clem was trying to teach AJ that walker's used to be real people. On the other hand fishing with Violet results in a real heart to heart conversation and AJ actually learns to catch a fish.

• Those are really good points. However this is the first episode and I still think of her as the Jane-reincarnate. There's time for that to change. I imagine there'll be more to see from both her and Luis. But her depth isn't enough for me right now, more because she's still a typical female character that I've seen a lot. I mean if she's not Jane than she's basically Clem. But you at least came up with legit reasons as to why she's not like Jane. I mentioned the whole both have had loved ones die because I felt like all I was seeing from people was 'she's not like Jane, she's got depth with how she opened up about etc, etc.' And all I could remember was how Jane was pretty much the same in that aspect.

Like I've said, Violet resembles Jane on a very superficial level. Yes they are females who have dead loved ones and can be edgy at times bu

• I really like both. Its gonna be tough.

• She is quite a lot like Clem actually. I'm very eager to see more character development from Violet, especially considering she is involved in the whole missing/dead sisters plotline. Louis seems fine as a right hand man but I don't see him as boyfriend material for Clem.

GamerLady posted: »

Those are really good points. However this is the first episode and I still think of her as the Jane-reincarnate. There's time for that to c

• edited August 2018

I'd say I like his sunny disposition, feel like it'd be something Clem needs. But Violet takes things more serious which is necessary when dealing with the apocalypse. What Clem really needs is someone whose got a balance. Like Violet prob isn't always so serious but she has yet to be the fun that Luis provides. However that whole beating the zombie like a pinata was stupid as all hell. I'd say that's where my opinion of Luis sort of plummeted and right now I'm just not liking either.
    Like the whole piano scene I thought was adorable but yeah... Some characters manage to get cooler and some manage to get stupider as the show goes on.

She is quite a lot like Clem actually. I'm very eager to see more character development from Violet, especially considering she is involved

• Aasim looks an interest character. He have mature and planificacion, but it's a secondary character so i think it's impossible.

• edited August 2018

Easy: both.
    I can make multiple save files, so I can date Violet in one save file and Louis in the other. Both managed to win my heart in the end of the episode so both deserve to be romanced.

I adored Louis right off the bat. He's funny, charming and charismatic. He flirts with Clem straight away but in my opinion, it's somehow not painful to watch. He tries to encourage her to relax and have more fun and clearly enjoys her time. Although during the card game he did go over the line with asking the question "have you ever killed someone you loved", however he does feel ashamed with himself for asking and sympathises with her, instead of brushing how she felt off.

On the other hand, I could feel that I was going to like Violet depsite her cold attitude towards Clem at first and by the time she was complimenting Clementine I loved her. She's acts all tough and cold but she has a soft spot for Clem. She feels like she can open up to her and not only that but Clem is the only person Violet has warmed up to in a long time. Then at the card game she doesn't pressure Clem into answering anything she doesn't want to answer, if you stay silent or tell her it's none of her business she doesn't force her or try and attempt to make her to admit anything, she accepts that it's something that Clem might not be comfortable to talk about.

Both show nothing but respect towards Clementine and AJ, they genuinely want to get to know her and like her and I find both her interactions between them to be interesting. For a long time it's the only romantic subplot in The Walking Dead game actually I've cared about (although I did sort of like Javier/Kate). So in my eyes both Louis and Violet are good for Clementine and I hope both romances are treated equally and are healthy and wholesome. <3 o:)

• edited August 2018
  • Yea she’s moodier then her

I don't think Violet is much like Jane except on a superficial surface level

• edited August 2018

I've been shipping Louisentine since the very beginning so I'm happy I can express it now lol (I like the Violet ship too though)

I just think Louis brings out a different side of Clem that's been hidden away since Season 1 :)

• I liked Louis a lot at first... but he really frustrated me when we went hunting. The group is hard up for food but instead of helping at all he just played zombie piñata. I didn’t mind his silly, laid back attitude, in fact, I liked it a lot, and thought it might be nice to have someone who was encouraging Clem to have fun. But not when it gets in the way of actual survival. Buuut he also helped redeem himself a bit in my eyes when he agreed to be the bait, so I know he’s at least a little brave. As disappointed as I was in Louis, I enjoy his characterization bc it shows the real drawbacks and benefits of a personality like his. As for Violet, I like her a lot. She seemed to piss of a lot of people in the beginning but I liked her even then. She’s pretty closed off so I want to get to know her more, but she can hold her own and I like her and Clem as badass parteners, romantic or otherwise. But I’m not sure they’re what the other needs, if that makes sense. Clem and Violet seem to fit together better, but I think Clem and Louis have complimentary strengths and weaknesses. I’d be happy with either pairing tbh

• I wouldn't say Violet is like Clem personality wise because she is dark, especially with that question: who do you think is going to die first? Like Violet is really trying to be pessimistic and ruin the hope of getting a normal life in the apocalyptic world. Clementine is only cautious and serious when it comes to new people, which people misinterpretate as Clem and Violet having similar personalities.

• The battle has begun, my brother!

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

@Tewudin WE GOT ONE! In all seriousness, may I ask why?

• So update on the choice where you either appeal to Louis or Violet. I've chosen the choice in my second save file again and this time (also in my first save file)Violet appeal option got more ppl choosing it. From 56% to 66%. Like ppl like her a lot and they see want we all see. Clem and Violet have good interactions and ppl see romantic tension between them.

I think Telltale knows they made good characters like Violet and that is good and they know Clem and Violet is something ppl want more like a option for us to have.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.