(Spoilers) So.... Louis or Violet?

Comments

• Not only is Louis' pinata thing a waste of time when he should have been hunting, but it's also very distasteful. In the first scene Clem emphasized that walkers used to be people, and now they're treating this one like a pinata and beating it for fun? And all of this in front of impressionable young AJ.

alliebee posted: »

I liked Louis a lot at first... but he really frustrated me when we went hunting. The group is hard up for food but instead of helping at al

• edited August 2018

Can you guys imagine picking Violet or Louis and then once the romance has been established Lily makes her return by instantly headshotting whoever you picked? Also I'm gonna go with Violet, I like Louis but I think he's way too goofy for my Clems personal interests.

• ...Okay, so, the circumstance of this is not funny... Just, like, the way you wrote it.... So, I mean, I laughed but I'm not necessarily a bad person... Cause its just how you wrote it... Yeah... .................................I still feel terrible for laughing.

Can you guys imagine picking Violet or Louis and then once the romance has been established Lily makes her return by instantly headshotting

• Of course Louis. It's a no brainer. First off, I like his personality way more, he's fun and easy to talk to, which is not really the case with Violet. He's been the most welcoming towards Clementine, he's the only one I would actually call friend out of all of them. And he played a song for Clem, how can you not appreciate that. The first thing Violet did is give me an attitude. I'm not a forgiving person, first impressions last a long time for me. Also, as a single guy, I can't let another dude suffer, I gotta look out for someone who goes through the same struggles, you know? And I wouldn't want Clem to become a copy of Ellie from TLoU

• neither, both are good characters and it doesnt need romance

• best option. Telltale make it happen

Aasim

• edited August 2018

By this point I was sold. His charms and wit are too strong. Not to mention I think this type of potential romance/dynamic is something Clem really needs after so many years of depressing moments.

• Violet with Louis a strong second...Gabe a very distant 4th...wayyyyyy after personal self pleasuring.

• Definitely Louis.

• I loved the ninja comment with Louis, but the pinata scene turned me to team Aasim.

• Violet all the way for me. While I love Louis’ character I feel him and Clem would have a more interesting dynamic with him as the goofy best friend.
    Violet comes across as a very complex character with incredible writing, and I believe that once you get her to open up she will be more lighthearted and soft than she appears to be now. But she’s also as down to earth as Clem, making her the perfect counterpart.

• I'm going with Louis. I think he and Clementine have good chemistry. Clementine broods enough so some levity is nice.

• I wanted my Clem to get in a relationship with Marlon, but I guess I haven't been left other choices after the first episode's finale....Though I like Louis, I think I'm gonna go for Violet.

• Yup glad to see you like Violet.

Violet with Louis a strong second...Gabe a very distant 4th...wayyyyyy after personal self pleasuring.

• I am torn between the two of them I'll probably make 2 separate playthroughs for that. Louis is sweet but I'm annoyed by his "there is no tomorrow" philosophy tho I think it might change after his bestfriends death. Violet on the other hand might bring some ex gf drama idk thats a vibe i have

• edited August 2018

Yup I made two save files playthroughs too. But still picking Violet.

Shyestt posted: »

I am torn between the two of them I'll probably make 2 separate playthroughs for that. Louis is sweet but I'm annoyed by his "there is no to

• Louis--

At this point with Marlon dead, it is pretty clear that Louis and Violet will be the possible romance options for Clem.

Neither.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on these two characters?

I'll try to get back to you on this.

Does my train of thought make sense?

I didn't read it all, so I'll just say maybe. :lol:

• I was immediately drawn to Louis. His character is A+ so far. Everything from his lighthearted-ness, to being capable of taking care of himself/others, to showing genuine concern/protection for AJ and even Clem already.

I just adored the way he had this almost fatherly vibe with AJ. Just making him laugh, giving him his food when AJ was still hungry, and I noticed how he immediately picked up and defended AJ when Marlon pushed him over at the end scene.

I don't think I could imagine a more perfect person for Clem in these circumstances. I'm super interested in getting to know his character more, and I really do hope things works out for the three of them so they can have this cute little family going on. I'm sure AJ would appreciate finally having a father-figure in his life.

• Violet pls

• It's nice to have a happy outgoing guy for once, he's my favourite of the group as well.

Suzy222 posted: »

I was immediately drawn to Louis. His character is A+ so far. Everything from his lighthearted-ness, to being capable of taking care of hims

• Louis drew me in with his bubbly personality and I think this is what Clem needs because of the years that have made her a calloused survivor, but damn his pinata zombie kinda pissed me off. Like can't we play pinata AFTER we hunt because it has been said repeatedly that the group is not far from starving? He also did good (giving AJ his bowl of food, agreeing to be the decoy, standing up to Marlon) but.. I dont know for some reason I can't forget the damn pinata zombie haha.
    More than Louis I think I want Aasim. For real. Telltale why must you hurt me

• I get the feeling Luis' character will undergo some serious progression. He'll grow up a bit, especially due to Clem's influence. So I guess that's why I think Clem and Luis are better for each other, because I can see how they'd help each other grow as people vs Violet and Clem who seem to be the same person. Like Luis will help Clem lighten up and see the good stuff in life and Clem will help Luis realize he needs to take some things seriously. But yeah the pinata zombie crap did irritate me, but again I think it will also show how his character will grow from goofball to something more. Possibly and hopefully.

Timcanpy posted: »

Louis drew me in with his bubbly personality and I think this is what Clem needs because of the years that have made her a calloused survivo

• edited August 2018

These ships are gonna cause a war in the forums when Episode 2 releases, like Kenny v Jane. I can already tell.

• I 100% agree. I can just imagine two kissing scenes in next episode, one with Vi and one with Louis, the forums are gonna explode lol. I just don't want this to turn into some kind of soap opera romantic drama, both ingame and on forums.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

These ships are gonna cause a war in the forums when Episode 2 releases, like Kenny v Jane. I can already tell.

• I can see this happening, but I feel like so long as both character's are given equal amount of content, and attention with being tied to Clem's love interest, hopefully things will go okay.

I appreciate Telltale even giving us options, and not just forcing one of them as the main love interest.

Razer531 posted: »

I 100% agree. I can just imagine two kissing scenes in next episode, one with Vi and one with Louis, the forums are gonna explode lol. I just don't want this to turn into some kind of soap opera romantic drama, both ingame and on forums.

• Well at that point why would a shipping war be necessary? Telltale is giving the option of either or vs just the one ship so it'd be like everyone gets what they want, right? Its the finale season so its not like they gotta prep it for another season and limit themselves to the one. But I really do hope this game has more to focus on than the romance, I really didn't care for it. I'd say this first episode was honestly 'meh' because of it, waiting and hoping for episode 2 to be better.

Razer531 posted: »

I 100% agree. I can just imagine two kissing scenes in next episode, one with Vi and one with Louis, the forums are gonna explode lol. I just don't want this to turn into some kind of soap opera romantic drama, both ingame and on forums.

• There really doesn't have to be a shipping war. Clem can be with whoever the players want her to be with and both choices will be canon.

• I chose Violet. Marlon and Louis were close friends since ever and i wasn't sure if he will really support me

• This fanbase is so offkilter and even contradictory sometimes.

• Before ep 1 everybody shitted on Violet and said she would just be Molly 4.0, but now people are loving her? I like her too but wtf happend?

• Why not Aasim? He is cool. Yeah, he kinda keeps to himself but he just has something on him that i like for Clem.

• You know the truth

Aasim

• Telltale used her in wisely sparse and mostly non-direct ways.
    Also, she's presented as a big counterpart to Louis after the halfway point.

Before ep 1 everybody shitted on Violet and said she would just be Molly 4.0, but now people are loving her? I like her too but wtf happend?

• It's mostly because people hated Gabe and thought that Clem desevered to be with someone that was actually likeable/ better suited for her. Plus, a lot of fans saw Clem x Gabe as a super forced ship that was shoved down the player's throat. With Violet and Louis' case, it looks like TTG learned from their mistake and wanted Clem to build a relationship that was more organic and developed. Personally, I'm not 100% on board with it per se but i'm more for it this season vs TNF because of how it's handle better this time around

Fans during ANF: This romance is terrible, we don't want it in the game, especially in regards to Clementine. Fans during TFS: Should we

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited August 2018

Even though she can be a total bitch at times, from what I can see, I think Violet's a likeable. If it's optional, I think I'll make her and Clem date.
    @Sarunas21 I've changed my ways lol

• Kim Il Sung was t h i c c

JustinCage posted: »

It's mostly because people hated Gabe and thought that Clem desevered to be with someone that was actually likeable/ better suited for her.

• Louis, funny and interesting character. Would like it to clash with Clem's seriousness.

for Violet, zombie apocalypse.lesbian relationship.father figure dead. sounds familiar?

but then again The legend of Korra pulled a sneaky korrasami so who knows.

• Louis is definitely cool, but I'm a guy and I'm playing from my perspective, not Clementine's, so i'll with Violet.

• for Violet, zombie apocalypse.lesbian relationship.father figure dead. sounds familiar?

Louis, funny and interesting character. Would like it to clash with Clem's seriousness. for Violet, zombie apocalypse.lesbian relationshi

• Louis isn't funny or interesting to me. Nothing he says and does is funny. I feel no emotional investment with him. He's like a mosquito. Loud, obnoxious, gets in your face, and won't go away.

Louis, funny and interesting character. Would like it to clash with Clem's seriousness. for Violet, zombie apocalypse.lesbian relationshi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.