(Spoilers) So.... Louis or Violet?

Comments

• Some people say Louis is non-generic character, but honestly guys in the games I've played, in the movies I've watched we always encounter one with these types. Like you know, the one who has got an obvious crush on girl and pushes his luck any more further without even being subtle. Louis was pretty generic to me with his own primary-school level jokes,making comments at everything. "you've got A+, oh you broke my heart you!! got B-. Cough I'm Violet nice to meet you Clem!" -___-
    Mostly strange jokes, weird flirts (literally after the very first second we've met) with Clem throughout the most of episode.

Some people (like OP) also say Violet is like Jane 2.0. How, please explain. From what I remember, Jane was ten times more annoying than anyonelse;grumpy, hating kids,hating on interacting with anyone and doing nothing but creating problems. I really can't see any similarities between her and Violet at this point. Violet does love interacting people,but she was using that tough disguise to hide her own vulnerabilities.Violet also cares about AJ, so it's not even like she hates kids, Violet didn't even create problems for you, she was having her grief inside instead of hurting others. Yeah, I fail to see how Violet is sharing same similarities with Jane at this point. And someone here mentioned the question that Violet asked... "which one of us will die first" question. Haha. I mean yeah I realized that, people are really looking out for reasons to hate her. During those circumtances, that question was pretty natural to ask especially they've lost their loved ones and witnessing many crazy things in their lives. And it wasn't even like she asked this question while kids were around or whatever. It wasn't even like she asked this question to screw up the mood. I think it was a more genuine/realistic question than "hey did you have bf hmhmhm"

About hunting scene and fishing scene; I seriously thing that hunting scene was nothing but empty. We were looking out for some food and group is starving, yet fake Jaden Smith wanted to play with some zombie and crushing his head. Seriously dude? Being playful has its own limits and I don't think Louis is one of them.
    Fishing scene at least gave us more information about characters' past,we made a heart-to-heart talk rather than fooling around.

I know that both Violet and Louis are siding with you if you appealed one of them; yet there was a subtext in there which was making the context kinda different. At the end, when shit happens, Louis was like "Clem, I like you, but I gonna let my psycho bro kill you. We'd still be cool okay" He probably steps up just to get her out of his back or smth, because he still wasn't sure while he did that; that's what animations showed to us.
    While Violet steps up confidently once she gets past her "I don't know you, Clem" thing. At least she was fighting that stuff (about trusting Clementine or not) and at least she showed it, which made it more realistic.

• Louis won me over personally when he started singing to Clem. But I also feel like she’d have a more interesting relationship with Violet. However, if Minnie does come back and doesn’t die, I’m going Louis all the way. It wouldn’t feel right to break Violet and Minnie up.

• edited August 2018

If this wasn't a zombie apocalypse and Louis was that guy that flirts with all of the girls and Clem was just his next victim then I would be annoyed. But this way I find it rather cute how he, after not having an opportunity to have a crush on a girl for years, tries to find love in his life and he's not making obnoxious flirts such as complementing her physical appearance and such, he's rather being sweet like playing the piano and stuff, and I don't see why are y'all attacking him when he asked about boyfriend: so what? I mean, Violet actually couldn't have waited for Louis to drop that question because she immediately also started asking were they just friends, nothing more etc. And also Louis is being nice towards Clem like taking care of AJ all the time, and it's not like he can't ever be serious; he can also feel emotions like Clem(when Clem was talking about Lee).

Finally, for that last scene. Neither Violet or Louis wanted to step up at first, but both of them ended up doing so. The simple reason that it took Louis a bit longer is the fact he was Marlon's best friend for years, while Violet barely had an " acceptable friendship with Marlon". You can clearly see that by comparing Marlon's reaction when Louis steps up vs when Violet steps up.

Roppirezz posted: »

Some people say Louis is non-generic character, but honestly guys in the games I've played, in the movies I've watched we always encounter o

• I had a really difficult time deciding if I liked one more than the other, to be honest!

So the first time Violet appears on screen (on a stone wall), she doesn't appear to really care one way or another about or for Clem. Buuuuut, not more than five minutes passes (where Clem is talking to Marlon about there being no adults) before the camera switches back to her -- briefly -- smiling.

Then Clem goes inside, and she meets Louis (formally, unlike her first introduction to Violet). He plays the piano and teases/ flirts with her (through his choice in song), And he is absolutely the sweetest in regards to his treatment of AJ.

And I have to admit, as soon as the darn boy began singing that darn song, I thought I'd decided that if romances did indeed exist (as was mentioned on here before the episode released) that Louis was Definitely the strongest (and Only) contender for my Clem.

BUT THEN the scene where Louis ranks Violet as a B/B- happened, and I Knew my Clem would never stand for such a seemingly silly put-down. So my Clem told Vi she did amazingly and gave her an A+.

I played through twice, going with Violet and Brody once and Louis and Aasim the other. While time with Violet felt like it really helped her and Clem get to know one another, Clem's time with Louis only made me wonder whether Louis was really as carefree as he wanted Clem to believe; the way he treated AJ and showed concern and care for other characters just didn't fit with the way he characterized himself, if that makes sense? I'm hoping episode two develops him and his backstory more, because it really felt like his whole funny-guy thing was a huge front... And I really would like my Clem to meet the Real him, if I'm right.

But seriously, if it isn't obvious by now (and you read all that nonsense I wrote), I went back and forth the entire episode. There were so many reasons to love both characters, and even now, I'm Still not sure where I stand haha!

• edited August 2018

My choice is definitely Violet. 1)It's not a rush-type of romance 2)They're both taking it slow 3)She's cool and haven't done something cringy yet 4)She seems way more loyal 5)She can be serious and sarcastic AT THE RIGHT TIME

About the final scene, yes both Louis and Violet hesitated at first but I agree with the guy in above and what he said about contexts were different.

I guess we all know that Louis obviously has hots for Clementine since the first time they've met, awkwardly flirting with her whenever he gets chances and all (and his playfulness were becoming tiresome to me after some point) -- And he was ready to say YES immediately if Clementine did something which'd give hope for him.
    Though, When you appealed to Louis : Marlon was literally hyping the group whether if Clem should die or not, eventually the answer you got from Louis was "Uh,you're like on your own" . Unless you convince him very well, he technically refuses your help,even if he helps you he still leaves the door open like "This isn't the right way" and he was still being unsure about stepping in. Eh dude, it was easy for you to have crush on some girl at the very first second you've met, so why can't trust her in first place too then? See? This is why it isn't genuine to my eyes.

When you appealed Violet: You can see that expression in her that she was struggling and she was actually trying hard to trust Clementine. She didn't refuse Clem completely either and said "I don't know Clementine" ... and didn't even say something like she was on her own rather than saying "she was sorry". But then after you said something, she steps in way more confidentially.She trusts you fully.

I roll my eyes whenever people brings up something like _Louis is way more funny, Violet is boring. People ship Clem x Violet because it's lesbian relationship, I see Violet and Clem as only BFFs, Louis is nice so his advantages should be responded, Violet is like Molly/Jane v2.0, Louis can bring joy in Clem's life while Violet can't _ But I'd rather to stick with what has been presented in-game rather than looking at everything with horse glasses. Just because someone's being nice to us, doesn't mean we ought to be in a relationship with them and accept their advantages in a heartbeat.

• about the B/B- thing. I got it more of as Louis just teasing around he's not that serious

I had a really difficult time deciding if I liked one more than the other, to be honest! So the first time Violet appears on screen (on a

• Even tho Marlon was Louis' best friend and all, I'm still dissapointed in his reaction when I appealed to him. "Oh no, I'm not involved" What do you mean you're not involved? The whole fucking group is involved at this point! And the "You're on your own" made me lose my full trust for him. And when he said that he trusts Marlon pretty much meant that he doesn't trust me fully either.
    I fully trust Violet tho. I went fishing with her and bonded with her. I figured she and Tenn (I see them as a whole) would already be on my side after I revealed the truth since it did concern Tenn's sisters and Vi's gf, so I appealed to Louis.

Louis, you have to re-earn my trust, man, you better in ep2.

My choice is definitely Violet. 1)It's not a rush-type of romance 2)They're both taking it slow 3)She's cool and haven't done something cr

• I completely agree.

My choice is definitely Violet. 1)It's not a rush-type of romance 2)They're both taking it slow 3)She's cool and haven't done something cr

• His jokes are also way too forced to me "Chairles, ouch that broke my heart, you got B- lol, you're both delusional , and the scene where he tried to introduce Violet and Clementine . Like, as if this guy came straight from some Disney cartoons and obviously only kid audience would laugh at his jokes.

Of course I wouldn't mind funny characters but I feel like Louis is trying hard to be funny looking at the circumtances they are in. There is a time and a place for everything

Razer531 posted: »

about the B/B- thing. I got it more of as Louis just teasing around he's not that serious

• edited August 2018

Violet lost two important people a year ago and she never got to say goodbye. One was a close friend and the other was a lover. And violet got reminded of that loss every time she talked to brody one of the two people who last saw violet's close friend and her lover.
    Violet blames herself for what happened to her close friend and lover. Violet gets reminded about her loss everyday due to brody and tenn. Yet violet can still smile at times and she's still a nice person. Violet's only slightly mean if you choose we haven't met and if you choose are you trying to say something violet isn't confrontational. Violet was only implying why there were more walkers than usual.
    And clem was in the room of violet's close friend and lover and when violet was just going to retrieve the box for tenn she got nostalgic, lost in it and just started talking. Clem wanted to know about the two people who were previously in the room and asked violet a question then sat down. So violet answered clem then sat down too and continued to talk. Violet didn't over stay her welcome either. Nor did she lay it on thick like louis did when they first met and continued to do until clem decided to go to sleep.

• edited August 2018

Violet showed more depth and emotion in the room scene alone than louis showed in the entire first ep. You get to understand why she initially came off the way she did when clem and her met for the first time. Violet showed she can be nostalgic and can get lost in it. She showed she can be sentimental. She displayed happiness, sadness, and shyness. Violet was not overbearing with how she acted and what she displayed either.
    Unlike louis who only displayed thirst for clem by obnoxiously flirting with her and made cringe attempts at comedy. People are caught up with louis being nice and positive. Violet's nice too though and she can be positive but there's more to her character than that. And if you go fishing with violet you learn more about her, you learn more about brody, you don't see any walkers which is a breath of fresh air, you try something new, quiet, and peaceful, and it's productive. With louis you just play with a corpse. It's not peaceful. It's not quiet. It's not productive and you don't learn anything. And clem and aj has seen and interacted with enough walkers to last a lifetime. But clem and aj have never went fishing before and aj has adorable moments when he goes fishing, aj's happy, and he can learn something about love.

• Enough with the cringe ship shit, and trying to convince others that the opposite side is bad by writing novel-worthy walls of text. They're both equally good for different kind of people, now just accept that others may not have the same opinion as you.

Scythenger posted: »

Violet showed more depth and emotion in the room scene alone than louis showed in the entire first ep. You get to understand why she initial

• edited August 2018

Can't wait to see Clem and Violet make out. Then after that Minerva comes back and Violet will want to rekindle with her old flame by breaking up with Clem. GG Violetine. Heh!

• You do realize that Telltale were also made famous by the relationship system in Season 1(namely with Clementine, Kenny, Lilly, Ben, and the Stranger) and thus were expected to emulate the same effect in later seasons(particularly with Luke, Sarah, Rebecca, Jane(?), and the Garcias), right?
    The term relationship is fairly broad and doesn't always mean romance.

as they will be romance routes for her.

Okay, am I to assume you're referring to leaks and spoilers, given your hard-stance in this?

Yes, both of them do have crush on Clementine as they will be romance routes for her. I still don't understand why are you overthinking into

• I DIDN'T! I was stating what one of my first, mostly blind impression of the game was.
    In fact, my "pushed agenda(I'm assuming you didn't mean to misspell that there)" in that other comment is, in fact and/or at best, indirectly retaliating speculation as to your motivation for misinterpreting my honestly trivial meaning so harshly in the first place.
    To. Clarify: I don't really care about the alleged romance stuff(with Louis or Violet) for my own, decidedly non-political reasons. (You know, unless you wanna say fanbase discussions are inherently political in their own way, in which case, they do have a tendency to get pretty messy, don't they? :lol:)

Please calm yourself, understand that I meant no harm in there, and leave me to my neutral affairs.

• You claim that you don't like ship wars or romance routes. Yet it's also ironic that you're picking tooth and nail to talk about relationships. I mean it's clear that those two will be our romance route, I think you already know it as well. It's clear that both of them have interest in Clementine. I guess you know this as well, and in later chapters we will find out more about them... so what's the problem?

DabigRG posted: »

I DIDN'T! I was stating what one of my first, mostly blind impression of the game was. In fact, my "pushed agenda(I'm assuming you didn't

• You claim that you don't like ship wars or romance routes. Yet it's also ironic that you're picking tooth and nail to talk about relationships.

I'm not sure what that idiom means at the moment, but I will say that I'm generally neutral anyway when it comes to that type of thing.
    Sure, I might crack a joke or two and say "heh, that would probably be cute/horrible or fun/weird" for the sake of it, but I'm not really what you'd call a true shipper.

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but this section has been flooded with threads and posts driven almost obsessively by the fad. It's kind of unavoidable.

I mean it's clear that those two will be our romance route, I think you already know it as well. It's clear that both of them have interest in Clementine. I guess you know this as well, and in later chapters we will find out more about them

Again, I'm guessing ya'll been looking up spoilers and/or achievements and thus know more I, someone who hasn't bought the game or looked into it much, would personally guess and/or be interested in.

You claim that you don't like ship wars or romance routes. Yet it's also ironic that you're picking tooth and nail to talk about relationshi

• Well I can't say you're 100% neutral by looking at your previous comments and all. You are telling people to calm down but maybe you're the one who should calm down; because seems like nobody even understood that what are you discussing & arguing about in here.

You claim that you don't like ship wars or romance routes. Yet it's also ironic that you're picking tooth and nail to talk about relationshi

• edited August 2018

Imma be honest. I always loved characters who are not straight up like "Mr Perfect" from the get go; looking all perfect and likeable (look at my avatar for example lol). I always prefered characters who had a more realistic approach, who doesn't just start liking the protagonist just cause. I like characters whom i KNOW won't be just rainbows and sunshines almost all time. I like characters who are cold on the start, but open up as the story goes on.
    Who fits that criteria best? Obviously Violet.

... But holy Jesus, Louis is SUCH a better character, so much more unique. He's the type of character i usually don't like too much at least in TWD, BUT HE'S JUST SO AWESOME AND SWEET. The way he takes care of AJ doesn't only makes Clem smiles, but me as well. I like Violet still, but i felt no chemistry whatsoever between her and Clem.

Props for Telltale for making me love the contrary of what i usually would.

Edit: For people saying that Louis was more reluctant... I did not notice that at all. But even if it was true, what the hell, it was his best friend from childhood vs a girl he just met. Realistically, he shouldn't even had helped. And Violet, pulling a cleaver on an armed guy? Wut? You wanna die? Because that's how you die. That was so stupid. In a situation like that, you calm the person down, you don't try to escalate things when you're unnarmed.

• Romance? I don’t think Lee would approve:

• I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. And I'm well aware of why people choose louis over violet and ship louis and clem instead of violet of clem.
    I'm not knocking anyone for doing that. And I'm not saying they're wrong for it. And I have accepted it.
    But if I have something to say I'm going to say it and it's not to combat what someone else says nor will it be towards them or about them it's only going to be because I want to say what I think and how I feel and you and everyone else are free to ignore it.

LazyAlex posted: »

Enough with the cringe ship shit, and trying to convince others that the opposite side is bad by writing novel-worthy walls of text. They're

• You know what? Neither. TEAM BRODY No, not really. I'm still Team Violet, I just want to support Brody since everyone else forgot about her

• LazyAlexLazyAlex Banned
    edited August 2018

What you (and a lot of other people) are doing, is bash the opposite side, you can't deny it, it's all over your posts. I've read a lot of them. Most of the time, what they say is:''Louis is bad because of this.'',''Violet is better because of this'', ''Violet has this and Louis doesn't'' And so on. The way you phrase your posts, it seems like there's a petty ship war going on, you're constantly trying to prove why one side is worse. The exact post I replied to, and the previous ones are basically the ''here's why Louis sucks and Violet is perfect'' posts. I know I can ignore them, but why should I? This forum exists to converse, but ship stuff is all everyone is posting about now apparently.

Scythenger posted: »

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. And I'm well aware of why people choose louis over violet and ship louis and clem instead of

• I'm bashing louis. Not the people who like and support him. My phrasing needs some work. I'm not good with compacting what I want to say in a small paragraph. I'm definitely not trying to start any kind of shipping war.
    And I'm not trying prove anyone wrong. I'll focus on the character and ship I like and will ignore louis. And there are threads that aren't about shipping.
    Even though the shipping threads are more focused on. Maybe you can make a thread about something? If you do I'll comment and won't talk about ship stuff.

What you (and a lot of other people) are doing, is bash the opposite side, you can't deny it, it's all over your posts. I've read a lot of t

• conversate

converse*

ship stuff is all everyone is posting about now apparently.

If you can't beat us, join us.

What you (and a lot of other people) are doing, is bash the opposite side, you can't deny it, it's all over your posts. I've read a lot of t

• LazyAlexLazyAlex Banned
    edited August 2018

Well, thanks for the correction, grammar errors are bound to happen sometimes. And no, I don't think I'll join the ship talk

Dex-Starr posted: »

conversate converse* ship stuff is all everyone is posting about now apparently. If you can't beat us, join us.

• C'mon, pick side already. You don't have to go to war with anyone. It won't hurt.

Well, thanks for the correction, grammar errors are bound to happen sometimes. And no, I don't think I'll join the ship talk

• Thing is, I have no sides. I like Louis way more, but I don't want Clem to be in a relationship in the middle of the apocalypse, it's not wise. Maybe if he REALLY impresses me I'll consider it, but as of right now, my Clem will probably stay single.

C'mon, pick side already. You don't have to go to war with anyone. It won't hurt.

• Maybe if he REALLY impresses me I'll consider it

It's ok, you can fight it for now, but in the end you know what the result will be. I guarantee you you'll be team Louis once the next ep. releases :D .

Thing is, I have no sides. I like Louis way more, but I don't want Clem to be in a relationship in the middle of the apocalypse, it's not wise. Maybe if he REALLY impresses me I'll consider it, but as of right now, my Clem will probably stay single.

• I wouldn't count on it, but I guess we'll see

Maybe if he REALLY impresses me I'll consider it It's ok, you can fight it for now, but in the end you know what the result will be. I guarantee you you'll be team Louis once the next ep. releases .

• Of course not.
    The problem with war is that neutral parties will inevitably be in the vicinity of the battle and may easily become the ally or victim of either side.

Also, why did you get banned?

Well I can't say you're 100% neutral by looking at your previous comments and all. You are telling people to calm down but maybe you're the

• Admittedly, I probably would go for Brody if I went to that school.

You know what? Neither. TEAM BRODY No, not really. I'm still Team Violet, I just want to support Brody since everyone else forgot about her

• You replied as if he'd be able to see it or reply back :D

Of course not. The problem with war is that neutral parties will inevitably be in the vicinity of the battle and may easily become the ally or victim of either side. Also, why did you get banned?

• He will eventually.

You replied as if he'd be able to see it or reply back

• Why not Javi?
    Oh yes, he's back at it again.
    Gonna be posting all mah shit here Join the club and feel free to post suggestions.

• Oh god don’t bring clavier up

Jayroen posted: »

Why not Javi? Oh yes, he's back at it again. Gonna be posting all mah shit here Join the club and feel free to post suggestions.

• Um.....Wow. They look really nice together. I mean, if one didn't know who they were and the age difference between them, they'd actually appear to be a great looking couple that's successful

Why not Javi? Oh yes, he's back at it again. Gonna be posting all mah shit here Join the club and feel free to post suggestions.

• What the fuck am I lookin at?
    Needs a little more thicc

• Yeah, that's kinda the problem.

Shitty ANF model quality outside of the filters aside.

Um.....Wow. They look really nice together. I mean, if one didn't know who they were and the age difference between them, they'd actually appear to be a great looking couple that's successful

Sign in to comment in this discussion.