(Spoilers) So.... Louis or Violet?

Comments

• Whats your problem with the romances buddy?

DabigRG posted: »

Quite the conundrum he has there, ain't it? The solution is simple--don't romance nobody. But I guess that's too simple.

• Im guessing 15 or 16.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was part of the eggy emo club during high school before the outbreak. I'd like mine sunnyside up, nightfallz! How old is Violet anyway?

• edited August 2018

I prefer violet's character over louis's character. The clem and violet moments are memorable, have been informative, and were pleasant. I can't say the same for the clem and louis moments. Going fishing > playing zombie piñata which made no sense to me. Violet and louis can both kill walkers, they're both nice to aj, they both contribute, and they both like clem. Louis personality just isn't for me.

• Disclaimer: this is going to be a novel of a comment but I like the points that you brought up and I wanted to address them as in depth as I possibly can because who Kenny would prefer is definitely something I'm keeping in mind

So first off, both Louis and Violet initially refuse to intervene with Marlon. Louis says its not his problem and he isn't getting involved and Violet says she doesn't really know Clem. Both characters need convincing in order to help but I think that's kind of more realistic than if they immediately jumped to your aid.

Moving on, I did notice how kind Louis was with AJ. And I appreciated it, a lot. When the decision came to either hunt with him or go with Violet, I was honestly torn. I wanted to spend time with both of them but ended up going fishing because I remembered that Kenny wanted AJ to learn how to fish. And wow was I surprised by Violet.

Interacting with Violet was very personal, it was a genuine conversation. I feel like Clem has spent most of her life around men (she had to ask Javi what periods are for god's sake) and it was really something else to see her finally being able to relate to a girl her own age. I feel like Violet and Clem are very similar, they're intense and hardened but very good people deep down. Plus Violet is very capable, she doesn't shirk from her responsibilities and there are several points where she stands between Clem/AJ and the walkers. She is also very nice to AJ as well, letting him keep Tenn's crayons and such.

When I watched the hunting scene with Louis it made me lose respect for him. The group is on the verge of starving and he decides to fuck off and play walker pinata. And as far as AJ staying with Louis and watching him? I did not like that. At all. The first scene had Clem trying to teach AJ that walkers used to be people and maybe we should respect their wishes, and now Louis is making a game out of beating one up. Not at all the right message for an impressionable young child.

This all being said, Louis reminds me of a mixture between Luke and Omid. He is incredibly kind like Luke and humorous and lighthearted like Omid, almost inappropriately so. But the thing that I have to remember about those characters is how they were often incapable and screwed things up, didn't matter how nice or funny they were when push came to shove. And I really don't like how much he is flirting with Clem, its over the top and I don't think Kenny would like it. It's like he's trying so hard to ingratiate himself to Clementine.

Violet just feels... right. It feels natural for Clementine to gravitate towards this girl who she can relate to. And contrary to what some people are saying, I don't think Violet is like Jane at all. She initially seemed cold like Jane but she isn't really like that. Violet likes being around people, she doesn't hate children, she doesn't need any convincing just to play cards or be around the group at dinner. She is a good person deep down, she is just in pain over losing Minnie. And I feel like Kenny would want us to take capable Violet over goofy Louis if it increases AJ's chances of survival.

Anyways sorry for the freaking essay, lol. Just been thinking a lot about these new characters and trying to decide who to ship with moving forward. I have no doubt that both Louis and Violet can be good for Clem and AJ, I just feel like Violet is the more natural option while Louis isn't exactly boyfriend material.

I’m actually suprised you prefer Violet. I’d find most people who liked/agreed with Kenny would be more towards Louis because while they are

• this ^^^^ Well said.

Right off that bat Louis watches over Aj and teach’s him how to play piano, he later continues to be selfless and loyal by offering his food

• edited August 2018

Honestly I think Violet+Clem would just be a cheap romance cliche: Violet, lone wolf, doesn't wanna talk to anyone but then magical Clementine comes, and she immediately wants to share her emotions, past bla bla bla. People say, "there's some special chemistry working between the two" But you only think that because Violet in a cliche way wants to talk unlike before as soon as Clementine comes.

Now if you are to be realistic, you realize that Violet's pessimistic("Who do you think's gonna die first?" and in general her attitude) and Clementine's optimistic personality are in full contrast and I don't see why they would be good for each other.

When it comes to Louis, sure he is a bit flirtatious, but consider this: Louis' optimistic attitude and positive energy is something Clementine could definitely use, and it's not like Louis can't ever be serious(especially now after Marlon's death) + he did lot's of good and nice things for Clementine like took care of AJ, gave AJ his soup, wanted to ring the bell when they went after food supplies, helped AJ get on feet immediately after Marlon pushed him on the ground.

Oh and everyone who says "Louis didn't wanna step up for Clem" PLEASE give me a break

Louis was Marlon's BEST friend for YEARS, and you expect him to just step up against him that easily for a girl he's known for a few days? lol. And he does step up at some point, showing that he indeed does understand Clementine, but it's obvious Violet finds it easier to step up against Marlon, since she was NOWHERE as good of a friend with Marlon as Louis was.

And that's why, LOUISTINE all the way <3

• Definitely Lucio (I mean Louis)

• Honestly I think Violet+Clem would just be a cheap romance cliche: Violet, lone wolf, doesn't wanna talk to anyone but then magical Clementine comes, and she immediately wants to share her emotions, past bla bla bla. People say, "there's some special chemistry working between the two" But you only think that because Violet in a cliche way wants to talk unlike before as soon as Clementine comes.

Maybe not romance specifically, but yeah, I called that the moment Violet was revealed.

Now if you are to be realistic, you realize that Violet's pessimistic("Who do you think's gonna die first?" and in general her attitude) and Clementine's optimistic personality are in full contrast and I don't see why they would be good for each other.

Well, Balance, but that would at least imply Clementeen is an optimist.

Razer531 posted: »

Honestly I think Violet+Clem would just be a cheap romance cliche: Violet, lone wolf, doesn't wanna talk to anyone but then magical Clementi

• LOL I call him Lucio too. Lucio-oh-oh ! haha

ViTALiTY posted: »

Definitely Lucio (I mean Louis)

• Violet. All the way. Louis is a cool dude but he gives the vibe that I'd be barking up the wrong tree lol. Violet has more of a spark with Clem in my eyes.

• edited August 2018

I wasn't torn between violet and louis. From the first moment clem and violet spoke to each other I just knew I would prefer violet over louis. And throughout the first ep I started liking violet more and more. I shipped violet and clem at fishing scene. The end of the first ep just made me go from liking the ship to loving it.
    Despite me having problems and issues with louis I think he's decent enough but to me he's just not suitable to be anything other than a friend. I don't get the feeling that the relationship between clem and louis can go beyond just being friends. I get a more natural feeling between clem and violet. The kind of feeling that the relationship between clem and violet can go beyond friendship.

Disclaimer: this is going to be a novel of a comment but I like the points that you brought up and I wanted to address them as in depth as

• What romances?

Whats your problem with the romances buddy?

• the romances for the final season.

What romances?

• I don't care much for it, if I'm being honest. But I'd go with Luis. As of now I don't like Violet at all. I also feel like Luis and Clem will grow as people together and teach each other things. Which is a more interesting dynamic for me than whatever Violet and Clem got. (Her and Clem are basically the same character.) For instance, Clem will help Luis realize he needs to be more serious and Luis will help Clem realize life doesn't need to be all doom and gloom. But who knows? It's only episode 1 maybe I'll end up liking Violet better than Luis in later episodes but, for now, I really don't get the Violet hype.

strwar3 posted: »

But which is one the better for you? Violet will continue interest me probably more episodes this final season and she and Clem have interes

• Luis has shown he isn't incapable though. Like I agree with you on the kind like Luke and humorous and lighthearted like Omid but not the incapable part. He's alrdy proven he's very capable. He built the traps for one thing and when they needed a distraction, he was the one that had the guts to do it. He's actually proven very useful, he just needs to get a bit more serious.

Disclaimer: this is going to be a novel of a comment but I like the points that you brought up and I wanted to address them as in depth as

• But who knows? It's only episode 1 maybe I'll end up liking Violet better than Luis in later episodes

Yeah I think we will probably like her more in future episodes. But the reason a lot of ppl are liking Violet especially on YouTube. Is because she is interesting enough where she comes off as like lost and lost her love and feels guilty of not saying goodbye to Minnie(who she loved a lot)and I think Violet seeing Clem even though they are similar in a way.

They understand what it is like to lose someone who they loved. That's why ppl are pushing(including me and Telltale hinted at in this episode 1)Violetine a lot. They are very very similar and that's why when I see Louis right now? All I see with Louis is a joker who keeps telling the fact of jokes and yes he is funny,but I really can't behind their being a Louis and Clem romance.

GamerLady posted: »

I don't care much for it, if I'm being honest. But I'd go with Luis. As of now I don't like Violet at all. I also feel like Luis and Clem wi

• If there is an option where Clementine can be alone, I’ll choose that. But if not: Right now I would probably choose Violet, because the exchanges of conversations they had made me think they could work great together. But maybe it will change depending on how Louis and Violet will act. We’ll see!

• Well now with Achievement of ep 2 already now known? It is a option to choose a romance or not. Just look at Teenage Romance thread.

If there is an option where Clementine can be alone, I’ll choose that. But if not: Right now I would probably choose Violet, because the exc

• Yeah, I just saw that. Sorry!

strwar3 posted: »

Well now with Achievement of ep 2 already now known? It is a option to choose a romance or not. Just look at Teenage Romance thread.

• Again, what romances?

the romances for the final season.

• I don't overly care about the romance in the game, but if the oppurtunity arises, then I'm going for Violet. She was cool and I didn't expect to like her as much. As for Louis, it felt like he was trying way too hard to get into Clem's pants. He's still a good character though, nowhere near the Gabe garbage tier, so I wouldn't be extra mad if he and Clem eventually ended up together.

• ProxmanProxman Banned
    edited August 2018

Violet. I feel that the first episode already gave us more, uh, "material" between her and Clem, for lack of a better word. Her two conversations (bedroom and spearing the fish) with Clem felt more personal and intimate than Louis' ones. I still like Louis though, so I'll try to have a positive relationship with him in future episodes, even if it means I'll have to friend zone him at one point or another :/

• I might receive hate for what i will says but i THINK that at some points Louis being nice to AJ was more to earn points toward Clem. Like at the dinning table when he gave his food, he was looking straight to Clem to see her reaction.

Can't wait his reaction in the 2nd episode

• I can see how some people would think that, but I really feel like hes genuine in his actions for AJ. He initially took care of him without even meeting Clem, and was super nice. You can tell with the way AJ interacts with him, that he likes him, so Louis must have left a good impression on AJ.

I think that giving AJ his food was incredibly sweet. That is literally all he gets to eat all day, so I just don't see him giving up his food as something he solely did for the purpose of impressing Clementine. I think he just looked and smiled at her because she asked him "are you sure?" and he didn't want to make her feel bad.

There is also the part where Marlon pushes over AJ after taking his gun, and Louis immediately rushes to stand him up and keep him beside him.

He seems like a down-to-earth guy, and I love the interactions that happen between him and AJ. I already get these fatherly/protective vibes from him.

hopefulfx posted: »

I might receive hate for what i will says but i THINK that at some points Louis being nice to AJ was more to earn points toward Clem. Like a

• Glad to have you abroad the Violetine ship,buddy.

Pipas posted: »

I don't overly care about the romance in the game, but if the oppurtunity arises, then I'm going for Violet. She was cool and I didn't expec

• I know Louis seems unreliable but he melted my heart when he play the piano lol ! I love guys who can play music instument !!!!!! and he get along with AJ too ~ Clem needs some fun and lighthearted moment in her life !

• Oh that was certainly a ploy to get in Clem's pants. I use it myself when trying to get with a single mother, make the kid like you and it's like finding the warp zone in Mario Brothers, skip the bs and go strait the end game.

hopefulfx posted: »

I might receive hate for what i will says but i THINK that at some points Louis being nice to AJ was more to earn points toward Clem. Like a

• edited August 2018

One more time don't forget this y'all: BOTH Violet and Louis have a crush on Clem and both of them flirt, difference being that Violet attempts to hide it, but don't she worry none, we clearly see it. Proof is simply that Violet is annoyed by Louis' flirtations(which means she's just jealous), wanted to talk to Clem in her room instead of leaving(even tho she said she just came for the pencil box and that's it) and mentioned the school is too "Bro-town", further implying she's thirsty for girls and when Louis asked if Clem ever had a boyfriend, Violet happily jumped in(you were just friends, nothing more, no?...).

That's why don't say that Louis' flirts are annoying. He's actually pretty sweet, and he's not pushing it too far in my opinion and it's not like he's just trying to get in Clem's pants as he also cares for her, like took care of AJ, gave him his soup and immediately helped him get up when Marlon pushed him(unlike Violet). Violet has a crush too but she's trying to pretend as if she doesn't which is definitely annoying. And I like it much more when someone attempts to be charming in a cute way with positive energy like Louis, not negative and pessimistic like Violet.

• edited August 2018

Not sure why Violet would even get upset if Clementine was more than friends with Gabe. She knows bisexuality exists right? Clementine could have been into Gabe and still be into her. It's not one or the other.

• it's not like he's just trying to get in Clem's pants

Who would want to?? She’s probably been wearing the same undies for a decade. hasn’t showered either. It probably looks like a clicker with an afro down there??

One more time don't forget this y'all: BOTH Violet and Louis have a crush on Clem and both of them flirt, difference being that Violet attem

• lol, I think I actually like Aasim the most even if he probably won't be a romantic option. If I'm honest, I'd like to keep all relationships platonic.

• Proof is simply that Violet is annoyed by Louis' flirtations(which means she's just jealous)

Is it weird that my first thought was actually that Louis essentially broke her heart in the past?

when Louis asked if Clem ever had a boyfriend, Violet happily jumped in

I took that as a key example of the difference between Violet and what she comes off as--she acts standoffish and dismissive superficially, when she's actually really passive and up for almost whatever when it doesn't explicitly bother her and even then some.

One more time don't forget this y'all: BOTH Violet and Louis have a crush on Clem and both of them flirt, difference being that Violet attem

• Eh looks like you're just grasping at straws; insisting on not seeing the signs devs put in their game. Violet is gay, and the way it's been hinted, she was getting closer to Clementine. Look at how she was digging the info about Clem's past love interests and all. Both Louis and Violet has crush on Clementine. Louis's one was way more obvious because he has that generic "nice guy is having crush on you" type, and Violet has "tough girl has crush on you and plays it cool"

There were telltale signs in-game, so apparently you can romance one of them. Accept this and move on.

Proof is simply that Violet is annoyed by Louis' flirtations(which means she's just jealous) Is it weird that my first thought was a

• ? How are they grasping at straws when you basically repeated what they said? Violet is into Clem. Its very obvious and she does get annoyed if you don't reject Luis flirtations, it literally says that in game. She also gets annoyed if you talk about Gabe like he was an option for your Clem. She's just as flirty as Luis but tries to hide it. You can romance both of your choosing, no one is saying that's not a possibility. People are talking about their reasoning as to why they wouldn't go for Luis or Violet and why they would.

Eh looks like you're just grasping at straws; insisting on not seeing the signs devs put in their game. Violet is gay, and the way it's been

• Eh looks like you're just grasping at straws

"You're falling for his trap."

insisting on not seeing the signs devs put in their game.

I'm not. :expressionless:
    Despite recalling Telltale saying that there would be an LGBT character in the game a while back, it didn't actually occur to me while first watching the game and a while afterwards that it was indeed Violet until someone mentioned that there was a heart with "V + M" draw somewhere in the fishing hut.

Look at how she was digging the info about Clem's past love interests and all.

The playthrough didn't have Clementeen bring up Gabe. And even then, I probably would've just assumed hypocritical humor(?) was in effect.

Both Louis and Violet has crush on Clementine.

Do they?
    I just assumed everyone was more or less doing what they did with Gabe(and apparently Luke and Sarah) before and saying it's so.
    Or what most fanbases do, for that matter.

Louis's one was way more obvious because he has that generic "nice guy is having crush on you" type

Honestly, I just assumed/hoped it was that thing where the cultured guy sees a chick and complements her beauty every once in a while.
    Especially since both Telltale and Violet described him as being flirty.

There were telltale signs in-game, so apparently you can romance one of them.

Are there really? Well I didn't see/recognize them.

Eh looks like you're just grasping at straws; insisting on not seeing the signs devs put in their game. Violet is gay, and the way it's been

• I'm guessin s/he's assumin I'm one of those conservatives and/or other LGBT enemies who's denying Violet(and only Violet, mind you) being interested in females for the sake of pushing an agenda and gettin really fuckin heated & defensive/offensive over it, with or without pushing an agenda of their own..

GamerLady posted: »

? How are they grasping at straws when you basically repeated what they said? Violet is into Clem. Its very obvious and she does get annoyed

• Yes, both of them do have crush on Clementine as they will be romance routes for her. I still don't understand why are you overthinking into things; that's why I said you were grasping at the straws. "eh it could've been hypocritical humor, eh it could've been something else..."

Choices are evolving around both of them so there's gotta be something for it while Telltale put many telltale (no pun intended) signs to the game

Eh looks like you're just grasping at straws "You're falling for his trap." insisting on not seeing the signs devs put in thei

• LGBT 4 LYFE

• i think louis is better for clementine just because of how easygoing and lighthearted he is. clem has become so serious and had to grow up so fast to have to raise an actual child that i think he could bring her back down to earth and let her actually be a teen for once. plus he's just a total charmer and a cutie.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.