The walking dead final season is STILL officially cancelled

Comments

• Not sure if this is credible or not...

• So we getting our $10 back or not?

What a colossal fucking shame. Episode 1 looked and felt like TTG finally upgraded their formula. Days before ep2 comes out we get hit with this shit? Now I can't even look forward to episode 2 because it will never play out.

Clementine shows AJ the flowers. Meets up with Ricks group. Becomes goddess of the world and lives happily ever after. The end.

• edited September 2018

oh my god. is this really it? is this really the end? i can't believe it. how could this happen? i'm fucking speechless. end of an era in the fucking worst possible way

• Well, seems like it's some kind of a 50/50 situation.

• The Gabentine dream is REAL ???

Well, looks like Hook hand Javier is canon now: @Poogers555 https://twitter.com/kessjrause/status/1043360162919014401

• It’s pretty clear that TFS isn’t entirely canceled, but will remain in limbo for up to a couple years at most. I just don’t see how an episodic game under a popular franchise can just end abruptly. It has only been a day since we got the bad news.

• edited September 2018

No way. There’s no proof that he worked for Telltale.

Don’t believe anything anyone posts unless Telltale or their CEO says something.

bobshaw posted: »

Not sure if this is credible or not...

• Skybound wouldn't let the game ends like this.

• I wouldn't say "a few years" is a safe assumption. Maybe more like a "few months," if even that.

It’s pretty clear that TFS isn’t entirely canceled, but will remain in limbo for up to a couple years at most. I just don’t see how an episodic game under a popular franchise can just end abruptly. It has only been a day since we got the bad news.

• edited September 2018

they fucking better istg

bluewalker posted: »

Skybound wouldn't let the game ends like this.

• Here's a reply from Telltale support regarding the refund:

"Thank you for contacting Telltale Games Support. Unfortunately as of September 21st 2018, we can no longer offer support for our games. We apologize for the difficulty this causes you.

We have greatly enjoyed our time together. Thank you for playing our games."

• That doesn't sound good, do you have a screenshot or something?

I_AM_e240 posted: »

Here's a reply from Telltale support regarding the refund: "Thank you for contacting Telltale Games Support. Unfortunately as of Septembe

• Yeah I think in a couple of days or weeks after Episode 2 and depending on what the remaining team comes up with as a possible strategy for the rest of FS with what they have, we’ll get an answer. Until then despite the numerous reports until an official release its anyone’s guess.

I wouldn't say "a few years" is a safe assumption. Maybe more like a "few months," if even that.

• Theoretically, if there gameplay errors, glitches, bugs, or crashes in Episode 2, then TT wouldn’t be able to do fuck all.

Here's a reply from Telltale support regarding the refund: "Thank you for contacting Telltale Games Support. Unfortunately as of Septembe

• edited September 2018

I wouldn't trust in a person with a new account right now. Aaaaand, where's the screenshot? yeah, that's bullshit.

• edited September 2018

And you can send mail regarding refund to their support box as well, but looks likeTelltale support just officially said "can't help you, good luck".
    I'll contact Xbox support (where I bought the season) and see what they reply. But I remember a strange thing - though can't remember if it was during TWD: Final purchase or not. So I recall some sort of disclaimer like "Purchase of the season doesn't guarantee you will receive all episodes bla-bla-bla" thing. But again - that might be just my mind and memory trying to justify Telltales actions and play tricks on me. The only fact we have so far is that Telltale support waives all the responsibility for their products.

I'll keep you guys and gals updated on how it goes with Xbox

That doesn't sound good, do you have a screenshot or something?

• Rip

And you can send mail regarding refund to their support box as well, but looks likeTelltale support just officially said "can't help you, go

• Of course you should do your own fact check - that's why you can send a refund inquire to support@telltalegames.com and see what they reply to you. I've just created the board profile to share what I've received. But being a Telltale supporter since TWD: Season 1, bought almost all their titles on different platforms (mostly Steam), and even bought the Collection Edition for Xbox one month ago. Was planning to do one full walkthrough to refresh the story and to have a save to import into the new season, while waiting for all episodes of the Final. What an irony :s

I wouldn't trust in a person with a new account right now. Aaaaand, where's the screenshot? yeah, that's bullshit.

• edited September 2018

Try sending an email to support@telltale.com, you get that template reply immediately.

• I sent an email and have also received that response, it's really sad.

Try sending an email to support@telltale.com, you get that template reply immediately.

• Skybound has a game studio now, they could finish the rest.

• Telltale just took the top spot as the worst company in the business.

Konami > Telltale.

• I know I’m an idiot but what happened with Konami? Is it something to do with a Silent Hill game that was gonna have Norman Reedus in it?

Telltale just took the top spot as the worst company in the business. Konami > Telltale.

• If you really want to know, this goes over it more than I ever could;

https://www.polygon.com/2015/12/16/10220356/hideo-kojima-konami-explainer-metal-gear-solid-silent-hills

I know I’m an idiot but what happened with Konami? Is it something to do with a Silent Hill game that was gonna have Norman Reedus in it?

• edited September 2018

They fookin should mate, not like they don't have the funds to support 3 more months of developement lol.

Nyxeris posted: »

Skybound has a game studio now, they could finish the rest.

• Damn right. I'm honestly hoping Telltale or what's left of it are currently trying to make a deal with them of some sort to finish the bloody season.

Jayroen posted: »

They fookin should mate, not like they don't have the funds to support 3 more months of developement lol.

• I still don’t understand why the f they didn’t finish the final season and then close, it was that bad? And also I never seen a company make a massive layoff without give a notice to the employees. What happened? Did someone fuck the CEO wife?

Proxman posted: »

Damn right. I'm honestly hoping Telltale or what's left of it are currently trying to make a deal with them of some sort to finish the bloody season.

• Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I just can't see Skybound allowing the game to remain unfinished if Telltale decides to do nothing.

Jayroen posted: »

• It's not really anything they have much control over. They gave permission to Telltale, it's Telltale's creature.

Skybound wouldn't let the game ends like this.

• Your post and the fact that that guy is truly the lead director of tfs just absolutely breaks my heart, I don't know what to say anymore

MaxTheFax posted: »

From the lead director of season 4

• And just what do you think Telltale is gonna do with it? The CEO is going to make quick cash by selling it off to another company.

lolitsadam posted: »

It's not really anything they have much control over. They gave permission to Telltale, it's Telltale's creature.

• Story just keeps getting stranger, apparently they aren't bankrupt..

MrGraffio posted: »

I still don’t understand why the f they didn’t finish the final season and then close, it was that bad? And also I never seen a company make a massive layoff without give a notice to the employees. What happened? Did someone fuck the CEO wife?

• I mean, they have to minimize their losses, so it's really in everyone's best interest if they do.

And just what do you think Telltale is gonna do with it? The CEO is going to make quick cash by selling it off to another company.

• Guys more info on steam database as of 23rd they’ve updated episode 3 again!! What’s going on here?!?!

• If they are bastards they are really splitting episodes two in three parts

Lord Vandal posted: »

Guys more info on steam database as of 23rd they’ve updated episode 3 again!! What’s going on here?!?!

• Ahh could be but the build branch numbers specifically mention episode 3..wouldn’t the code for 2 be split not 3?

• I think they are merging episode 3 and 4 together.

Lord Vandal posted: »

Ahh could be but the build branch numbers specifically mention episode 3..wouldn’t the code for 2 be split not 3?

• edited September 2018

Honestly, I doubt it. Episode 4 has only been written and the VAs haven’t even recorded their lines yet. Episode 3, according to the former Creative Director Of TFS And a former writer, isn’t done yet either and can’t be done with the amount of people Telltale has right now.

I think they are merging episode 3 and 4 together.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.