The possibility of TFS being finished takes another hit

A class action lawsuit against TellTale by recently laid off employees may kill any chance of TFS being finished, even if third parties are willing to help.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/25/17901106/telltale-layoffs-lawsuit-warn-act

Comments

• I hope Telltale loses the lawsuit, the fired employees really need all the help they can get.

• As much as I want to see TFS finished (and I really do).. The employees and their families come first..

• edited September 2018

Aww piss off. Y’know, I was on the side of the employees until they tried to pull this shit. Now they’re just gonna ruin it for everyone! They couldn’t have done this AFTER the game was done? Like what do they actually expect to earn from a company with no funds? Hopefully another company does take over

• edited September 2018

The drama continues!

Thank you, Bruner.

• Oh my god, can you just fuck off fans, and dont make these stupid theories?

• edited September 2018

Wow... I don’t really know what to say honestly. Like I get that the laid off employees are mad but at the same time, fuck off.

• That was pretty obvious from the start. Now we can pray for some company help with the rest of the game, but Telltale... Yeah.

• In all fairness... this shows they don’t care about clementine’s story being finished, which is what we care about most atm, therefore they do not care about us at all. So we shouldn’t care about them evidentially, and when I go from supportive to full cynic, the that’s when you know you’ve messed up.

Wow... I don’t really know what to say honestly. Like I get that the laid off employees are mad but at the same time, fuck off.

• As I said in other thread, multiple factors may either help Telltale or pull it further into the ground. Even if Telltale did find those potential partners it doesn't change the fact that what they did with their employees was wrong and it is my believe that this particular decision along with other wrong decisions they made will contribute to their inevitable downfall.

RIP Telltale and TWD

• Wow, the lack of empathy of people on this forum when it comes to people not being able to eat, to feed their children, feed their spouses.. survive.. when they get no severance.. no money just left to hope everything works out..

to want a game to be published versus them being able to survive.. is just disgusting..

• If you don't mind I will post this on the statement waiting thread. let me know

• edited September 2018

A BIG part of me fully understands and supports their cause. But another BIG part of me is absolutely positively 110% done with the poorly timed drama.

• edited September 2018

Couldn’t they have waited ep 3 and 4? lol anyway The employees are right but still man...

• HERE WE GO AGAIN, DOESNT MEAN THAT THEY ARE SUED BY EMPLOEES THAT REST OF EPISODE WILL NOT BE RELASED I LIKE HOW EVERYONE HERE AFTER MESSAGE TO MESSAGE MAKING ABSURD THEORIES IT GETTING ON MY NERVES I DONT CARE WHAT I KNOW IS THAT TELLTALE HAS A POTENTIONAL PARTNERS AND THEY WANT TO FINISH THIS FREAKING FUCKING SEASON SO LET THEM BE AND BE GRATEFUL THAT WE WILL SEE CLEMS ENDING IM TIRED OF THIS SHIT.

• edited September 2018

I have been laid off two times. Both times I was told about a month ahead of time so I don't know from personal experience but a guy I work with got laid off and found out when he went to work and the doors were locked. They got nothing.

(Edit)
    I read in that article this was a law passed in 88. They had to give 60 day notice if they were laying off more than 50 people. They should have done that regardless if everyone would find out 2 months ago.

• They are without job, without money, with families to support... what the hell did you people expected them to do? Let it slide? What Telltale did WAS wrong and I think they deserve it.

Box Tv posted: »

Couldn’t they have waited ep 3 and 4? lol anyway The employees are right but still man...

• I can understand. I'm playing the episode right now and I can't stop thinking about the fact that people responsible for what I'm seeing/playing right now are dealing with such a bad situation.

• it dosent looks like a theory...

NoTime posted: »

Oh my god, can you just fuck off fans, and dont make these stupid theories?

• Well now I say they probably deserved it. The amount of pettiness is unbelievable, considering that being fired from telltale was the best thing that ever happened to them... a company with barely any funds, guess how many AAA companies offered them easy jobs? With much more pay? Exactly. The one’s who are trying to ruin this for us don’t deserve your pity, because this was just uncalled for.

Losoyo posted: »

Wow, the lack of empathy of people on this forum when it comes to people not being able to eat, to feed their children, feed their spouses..

• Unfortunately, sorry this sounds harsh, but it goes to show that people care more about a video game then the people’s lives who worked hard to give you said video game.

Wow, the lack of empathy of people on this forum when it comes to people not being able to eat, to feed their children, feed their spouses..

• Uncalled for? They've got laid of with no severence and no notice. Just came to work and were given 30 minutes to leave. You called this uncalled for?

Melton23 posted: »

Well now I say they probably deserved it. The amount of pettiness is unbelievable, considering that being fired from telltale was the best t

• I KNOW BUT IM TIRED ALREADY DOESNT MEAN THAT THEY ARE SUED BY EMPLOYEE SO WE WILL NOT GET REST OF THE EPISODES. GIVE YOURSELF BRAKE FROM THIS FORUM AND REDDIT DONT POST ANYTHING PLEASE I CANT WATCH THIS IT INFLUENCE MY WORK AND MY PERSONAL LIFE.

• Yea.. and that's a shame.. Hell just look at one of the responses to me trying to justify it. Some of the fans will get exactly what they deserve if its never finished..which again, all of us want it to be. But I don't want my game at the expense of a child not able to get food .. or a family not being able to live in a home..

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Unfortunately, sorry this sounds harsh, but it goes to show that people care more about a video game then the people’s lives who worked hard to give you said video game.

• Guys episode 3 and 4 are coming, what tellale did to their workers were bad and they should wait until the game was finished but the episodes are coming

• This is bullshit. They care about Clementine's story, but they care about their families more as everyone would do.

Telltale fucked them over and mass lay-offs without a 60 day warning is not really legal. They're in the right.

It's also important to note that not every ex-employee takes part in that lawsuit.

In all fairness... this shows they don’t care about clementine’s story being finished, which is what we care about most atm, therefore they

• sadly it influenced many...even I was heartbroken all weekend. I personaly feel better staying here and discussing about it, but thats my way to deal with things.

I KNOW BUT IM TIRED ALREADY DOESNT MEAN THAT THEY ARE SUED BY EMPLOYEE SO WE WILL NOT GET REST OF THE EPISODES. GIVE YOURSELF BRAKE FROM THIS FORUM AND REDDIT DONT POST ANYTHING PLEASE I CANT WATCH THIS IT INFLUENCE MY WORK AND MY PERSONAL LIFE.

• I just find it odd that the employees decided to do this the day after we got hope for TFS. It’s not like the employees didn’t receive SOOOOOO many job opportunities from different companies. Like come on, Telltale is about to close down anyway (according to members of the skeleton crew) they don’t have shit.

• There's always a bigger fish.

When will we get Jeff Bezos suing Telltale?

• ITS OVERREACTED THEY MUST KNOWN THEY ARE IN DEEP SHIT.

• If the employees win this lawsuit, which they probably will, then you can kiss goodbye to your episode 3 and 4, my friend.

elMAPACHE posted: »

Guys episode 3 and 4 are coming, what tellale did to their workers were bad and they should wait until the game was finished but the episodes are coming

• This whole situation is some deep shit.

ITS OVERREACTED THEY MUST KNOWN THEY ARE IN DEEP SHIT.

• No, they did not. Management at Telltale hid it from them.

ITS OVERREACTED THEY MUST KNOWN THEY ARE IN DEEP SHIT.

• Yea mate.. the employees are totally out to screw the fans..that's why they created so many of them for us.. it was all a master plan.. And I really doubt it's as rosy then you project for them (Though I hope it is..)

I just find it odd that the employees decided to do this the day after we got hope for TFS. It’s not like the employees didn’t receive SOOOO

• Um why my friend?

Tewudin posted: »

If the employees win this lawsuit, which they probably will, then you can kiss goodbye to your episode 3 and 4, my friend.

• They most definetly did it earlier but it come through just now.

I just find it odd that the employees decided to do this the day after we got hope for TFS. It’s not like the employees didn’t receive SOOOO

• edited September 2018

Well, Telltale has barely any money, just enough to sustain themselves for a little while longer. Lets say Telltale win over those partners and receive money. What do you think is going to happen with this money once the lawsuit is won by the former employees? What? You think those "partners" are going to donate another round of money?

elMAPACHE posted: »

Um why my friend?

• You call trying to ruin something for thousands of fans despite offered a better job with better pay decent behaviour?

Tewudin posted: »

Uncalled for? They've got laid of with no severence and no notice. Just came to work and were given 30 minutes to leave. You called this uncalled for?

• edited September 2018

When will we get Jeff Bezos suing Telltale?

next day fans sue Telltale Games for not keeping to their promises, whilst effectively ensuring the cancelation of all series

Findagon posted: »

There's always a bigger fish. When will we get Jeff Bezos suing Telltale?

• The person(s) that is filing this lawsuit has no right. What would you rather have happen to you, be stuck in a company that makes no money, or be fired from that company, yet be offered a bigger, better job, with more pay? Choose.

GSSalvador posted: »

This is bullshit. They care about Clementine's story, but they care about their families more as everyone would do. Telltale fucked them

• I call it a decent behaviour to care more about your family than a fictional character. Talk what you want but I fully support them. I wish we could see TFS being finished but I can't just support Telltale in this matter. What they did was wrong and they have to pay for it.

You call trying to ruin something for thousands of fans despite offered a better job with better pay decent behaviour?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.