The possibility of TFS being finished takes another hit

Comments

• Nope, but that partners wants the game finished just like me and I think just like you, my friend

Tewudin posted: »

Well, Telltale has barely any money, just enough to sustain themselves for a little while longer. Lets say Telltale win over those partners

• I don't think some company would donate money. They will most likely buy the rights from the game.

• dont feed the trolls.. they'll multiply :P

I call it a decent behaviour to care more about your family than a fictional character. Talk what you want but I fully support them. I wish

• I totally get the lawsuit. I'm torn because I want them to win but I also know that them winning likely means TFS will never be finished. Ultimately, I hope they win. I can always headcanon an ending if I need to.

• I do want that but those "partners" aren't going to pay for Telltale lawsuits, forget about that. If they donate this money now, they are basically paying the employees who are going to win the lawsuit because they are in the right. What Telltale did was illegal.

elMAPACHE posted: »

Nope, but that partners wants the game finished just like me and I think just like you, my friend

• Oh, I didn’t know caring about your family meant caring more about a dead end job in a dying company than a company that can actually help you make a better living. Telltale did them a favour, they didn’t know it at the time, but they did. Think what you want but there IS NO excusing what they’re trying to do to fans after all of the support we gave them. Should have taken the job or taken a walk.

I call it a decent behaviour to care more about your family than a fictional character. Talk what you want but I fully support them. I wish

• Is there even enough money to pay them back?

• Oh, but why "dad"?! It's so fun! :(

Losoyo posted: »

dont feed the trolls.. they'll multiply :P

• Those potential partners will probably help finish the final season.

• Doesn't matter that they have offers for better jobs now. Still doesn't excuse how Telltale laid them off with no severence package. Talk all you want but this is justified. You're just mad because they're going to win and you won't see your precious TWD being finished.

Melton23 posted: »

Oh, I didn’t know caring about your family meant caring more about a dead end job in a dying company than a company that can actually help y

• That line of thinking is just so wrong. Looking at Twitter, barely anyone who was fired got a new job and many won't have for weeks.

They have ALL the rights. I'd even say that they should all take part in that lawsuit.

What would you do if your company throws you out with no severance or health-insurance in a mass lay-off, that is not legal?

I'd sue the shit out of them.

The person(s) that is filing this lawsuit has no right. What would you rather have happen to you, be stuck in a company that makes no money, or be fired from that company, yet be offered a bigger, better job, with more pay? Choose.

• I’m mad because it’s petty... they can just take the new job and leave the people who defended them their walking dead, but no, we get stabbed in the back.

Doesn't matter that they have offers for better jobs now. Still doesn't excuse how Telltale laid them off with no severence package. Talk al

• edited September 2018

If I were fired from a company I’d beat the shit out of the CEO and leave, that’d be enough for me, then I’d find somewhere better so I’m not harming the people who supported me

GSSalvador posted: »

That line of thinking is just so wrong. Looking at Twitter, barely anyone who was fired got a new job and many won't have for weeks. They

• edited September 2018

No matter how you put it, the lawsuit was coming. Nobody can just lay off 250+ people for free and get away with it.
    I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner.

I’m mad because it’s petty... they can just take the new job and leave the people who defended them their walking dead, but no, we get stabbed in the back.

• Now you're just mad cause you want the game finished, if you were in these people's lives you would understand, obviously they got fucked over bad and as much as I want the game to be finished, you gotta think of the people first.

Aww piss off. Y’know, I was on the side of the employees until they tried to pull this shit. Now they’re just gonna ruin it for everyone! Th

• Like @GSSalvador said, many of them didn't get a job and probably won't in weeks so it's not them stabbing us in the back, its them searching for justice for what Telltale done to them.

I’m mad because it’s petty... they can just take the new job and leave the people who defended them their walking dead, but no, we get stabbed in the back.

• I don't think you'd have to worry about that. Should you assault a person, taxpayers like myself help keep you in a place you wont harm people. Where I live, it's called a jail.. cause assault is illegal ;P

If I were fired from a company I’d beat the shit out of the CEO and leave, that’d be enough for me, then I’d find somewhere better so I’m not harming the people who supported me

• You wouldn't say that if that was you, you just want the game finished, these people are probably facing massive financial issues because of some idiots at the top of telltale who made some real bad choices. Real life comes first, these people need help.

Wow... I don’t really know what to say honestly. Like I get that the laid off employees are mad but at the same time, fuck off.

• If I were in their shoes, I wouln’t fuck over the people who defended me. I’d take the new, better, job I’m offered and leave the fans with what they want. How do people not see how hard they were just backstabbed rn?

Demonarke posted: »

Now you're just mad cause you want the game finished, if you were in these people's lives you would understand, obviously they got fucked over bad and as much as I want the game to be finished, you gotta think of the people first.

• Appearantly majority of people here are just not as "smart" as you.

If I were in their shoes, I wouln’t fuck over the people who defended me. I’d take the new, better, job I’m offered and leave the fans with what they want. How do people not see how hard they were just backstabbed rn?

• Dude, that's even worse. What a way to destroy your career in the videogame industry.

• They were offered free jobs, if they didn’t take it then that’s their choice and their problem to deal with. That job will always be there for them, and as long as it is then it gives them no excuse to do this. Even if the job wasn’t there for them, filing a lawsuit against a near-bankrupt company, that produces games that fans adore, the fans that defended you, is just petty, and traitorous. When I defend someone I expect them to treat me back the same way, apparently not this time.

Like @GSSalvador said, many of them didn't get a job and probably won't in weeks so it's not them stabbing us in the back, its them searching for justice for what Telltale done to them.

• They haven't been offered new jobs. They have been offfered a mere POSSIBILITY of a job.

If I were in their shoes, I wouln’t fuck over the people who defended me. I’d take the new, better, job I’m offered and leave the fans with what they want. How do people not see how hard they were just backstabbed rn?

• You wouldn't say that if that were you, you really think ALL these people found jobs back ? Real life is more important there are a lot of people who are probably struggling to pay the bills and feed their familly. It's naive to think EVERYONE who got laid of find their jobs back.

Well now I say they probably deserved it. The amount of pettiness is unbelievable, considering that being fired from telltale was the best t

• Because it's naive to think EVERYONE got their job back.

• ALL of these people were offered jobs. That’s the thing. If they didn’t take it then that’s their own fault, but I doubt they want to stay in that situation... unless they wanted to grab that little bit of cash and hope from us before moving on. Petty, idiotic, and I have nothing more to say on the matter, because people apparently can’t accept the fact that they were fucked bad.

Demonarke posted: »

You wouldn't say that if that were you, you really think ALL these people found jobs back ? Real life is more important there are a lot of p

• edited September 2018

Mate, if you'd have been worked to death (doing forced overtime), been treated like shit and then afterwards fired with absolutely no warning and no severance pay, wouldn't you feel used?

ALL of these people were offered jobs. That’s the thing. If they didn’t take it then that’s their own fault, but I doubt they want to stay i

• Again, they didn't get new jobs. They just got informed that certain studios are still hiring. They still have to apply to them, which is hard when the studio is in another state and they can't afford to move there because they got no severence pay and it takes weeks for an applikation to go through because there are thousands and ten thousands of devs looking for a job.

ALL of these people were offered jobs. That’s the thing. If they didn’t take it then that’s their own fault, but I doubt they want to stay i

• EVERYONE CALM THE FUCK DOWN! At the end of the day its a shitty situation for everyone involved and its very complex to make a judgement because ultimatly is not our fault or responsibility.
    Its ok to sympatize with the employees who got fired and now are jobless with real life responsibilities
    Its ok too to feel bad about telltale closing and tfs possibily getting cancelled
    You shouldnt be ashamed to feel this things because its out of our control.

• You'll forgive me if I dont find it an endearing trait of a human being to care more about a video game than people who cant feed their families..

MrGraffio posted: »

EVERYONE CALM THE FUCK DOWN! At the end of the day its a shitty situation for everyone involved and its very complex to make a judgement bec

• I understand. But what can we do about it? Nothing. Because we are not involved in the matter.

You'll forgive me if I dont find it an endearing trait of a human being to care more about a video game than people who cant feed their families..

• Maybe not doing posts pissed off at people for trying to get paid that are worried if they can feed their kids? Maybe not prioritize a game over them?

Just spit balling here..

I understand. But what can we do about it? Nothing. Because we are not involved in the matter.

• Is true.

We have to understand that none of this is good news to us, Telltale or the employees.
    In a way, we are on the same boat.

The same sinking boat.

EVERYONE CALM THE FUCK DOWN! At the end of the day its a shitty situation for everyone involved and its very complex to make a judgement bec

• Again, what can you do about people making hateful posts. Nothing.

Maybe not doing posts pissed off at people for trying to get paid that are worried if they can feed their kids? Maybe not prioritize a game over them? Just spit balling here..

• And this dear children is exactly why TWD section of the forums was always considered toxic.

• That's fair.. you got me there.

Again, what can you do about people making hateful posts. Nothing.

• It's never going to end, is it?

• I don't want to come off as an asshole, but there are things that are out of our control, and it is nor selfish or wrong to choose to ignore them, no matter how angry or sad they make you feel.

That's fair.. you got me there.

• I do not disagree with you. My problem was that I interpreted you to justify such posts. That was my mistake. .

I don't want to come off as an asshole, but there are things that are out of our control, and it is nor selfish or wrong to choose to ignore them, no matter how angry or sad they make you feel.

• Fuck, I’m torn. On one hand, I really want this game to be finished, but objectively speaking, the employees deserve justice for what happened. Fuck, I really hate complicated moral dilemmas.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.