The possibility of TFS being finished takes another hit

Comments

• edited September 2018

sorry i understand why they 're doing it, but at the same time they need to fuck off, they won't get anything from TT

• 3 out of 10 troll.. the others are doing better..

I weep for their ability to not make 95,000$ a yr and the 60,000$ the others make. I weep. Pfft I'd be lucky if I make 30. They will find another I assure you.

• Also, I think TellTale might have a legal requirement to finish the game or refund everyone who purchased a season pass.

• Well well well! Looks like we got ourselves a real Mexican Stand off dont we boys?

• Yeah but considering they already done some illegal stuff like firing their employees without warning, I doubt they feel entitled to this, also It's like you said, if they do admit bankruptcy then nothing can be done.

remorse667 posted: »

Also, I think TellTale might have a legal requirement to finish the game or refund everyone who purchased a season pass.

• edited September 2018

I have nothing left to say to you

Demonarke posted: »

Wow ok, jesus christ, you seem like a terrible person, I hate pessimist people who say they hate humans or something. you are the one that i

• I mean when it all comes down to it this lawsuit is really just a waste of time. Telltale is on the brink of Bankruptcy so even if the employees win they won’t be getting shit. Honestly if they actually wanted to get something out of all this they should’ve waited to see if Telltale would’ve actually been able to save themselves and become financially stable, then the employees could sue and actually get what they’re owed. It’s insanely stupid to start a lawsuit if you don’t have a job anymore either, like lawyers aren’t free bruv.

• That's right you don't, I'm usually calm and diplomatic but seriously what you said is terrible, these people owe you absolutely NOTHING, if you wanna complain for your measly 20 dollars (measly compared to a steady income of 200 hundred people and more) then complain to telltale, cause yet again, it's their fault they fucked up. Now yet again I wish no harm for the people that did fucked up, but for justice's sake, they deserve the lawsuit.

Melton23 posted: »

I have nothing left to say to you

• edited September 2018

I just hope someone picks up the game and finishes it with the script TT has done and bring all the voice actors to em to finish this shit because TT is too shady and a lying piece of shit...I hope the employees win this.

• Think again

That's right you don't, I'm usually calm and diplomatic but seriously what you said is terrible, these people owe you absolutely NOTHING, if

• This has no impact on TFS.

Telltale won't be there to finish this series. In order for it to be completed someone will have to buy the rights to the game (not the whole company, unless they want to obviously).

• To be fair, we aren't in these people's lives, I have to assume that 200 hundred and more people aren't just stupid , the lawsuit was inevitable even if this is worthless to be honest it would only take one or two people and game is on.

I mean when it all comes down to it this lawsuit is really just a waste of time. Telltale is on the brink of Bankruptcy so even if the emplo

• Great arguments there buddy, look you are right don't talk to me, your way of thinking is flawed and I don't wanna deal with that, you know I'm right, now just stop.

Think again

• You didn’t even question why I hate humanity, you instantly assumed it was over a stupid game. Don’t assume peopel’s thoughts. You are scum, and idc what happens to me for saying this, you are vile, way worse than I ever will be. Don’t talk to me again.

Great arguments there buddy, look you are right don't talk to me, your way of thinking is flawed and I don't wanna deal with that, you know I'm right, now just stop.

• Guys why the fuck are you arguing with each other now?

• To be fair, we aren't in these people's lives, I have to assume that 200 hundred and more people aren't just stupid

All of the 250 ex-employees are obviously not stupid, whoever did start this lawsuit out of the 250 are stupid.

the lawsuit was inevitable even if this is worthless to be honest it would only take one or two people and game is on.

Yea exactly. So someone was a complete moron.

To be fair, we aren't in these people's lives, I have to assume that 200 hundred and more people aren't just stupid , the lawsuit was inevitable even if this is worthless to be honest it would only take one or two people and game is on.

• Even if they get nothing out of it, if it deters other companies from pulling the same crap it's worth it in my opinion.

I mean when it all comes down to it this lawsuit is really just a waste of time. Telltale is on the brink of Bankruptcy so even if the emplo

• edited September 2018

Best case scenario:

Company buys TTG as a whole, re-hires the team and compensates them for damages, the team works on finishing the game to completion including the same VA's.

Most likely scenario:

Company buys TWD rights and script from TTG, has its own team to finish the final two episodes, brings in VA's, and finishes it on their own schedule with HOPEFULLY the TT flair of decisions.

Worst case:

Company tries to buy TWD rights and script. TTG sets the price too high (to try to get themselves cash for this upcoming lawsuit), deal falls through. TTG folds, and the rights to the game are secured with the defunct company.

OR

Company buys TWD rights and script, doesn't hire the same VA's, and doesn't follow the script. Also goes to the their own form of telling their own story (ex. no decisions)

I just hope someone picks up the game and finishes it with the script TT has done and bring all the voice actors to em to finish this shit because TT is too shady and a lying piece of shit...I hope the employees win this.

• edited September 2018

I didn't assume it was over a stupid game, I gave you very good reasons, if you hate humanity then you are an idiot, simple as that, you said humans were selfish and plague to this planet, I also gave you reasons why you are wrong. I only mentioned the game when you said "I looked out for these people" because you didn't look out for these people.

Look by the way you are speaking you seem like a child, or very young (I don't mean to belittle you) but educate yourself more on psychology and nature and you will understand that humans just are, we are no good or evil, we just are, just like every living being.

And why do you say you don't care what happens to you for saying I'm scum ? Afraid to get banned or religious stuff I dunno, look I don't know you, but thinking humanity is evil is a very wrong way of seeing things, and you were acting self centered, that's just a fact.

You didn’t even question why I hate humanity, you instantly assumed it was over a stupid game. Don’t assume peopel’s thoughts. You are scum,

• edited September 2018

Someone was probably desperate, seriously have a little empathy, try putting yourself in the life of this guy/girl
    When your life is fucked up, in complete jeopardy, then you don't give a shit about a company that fucked you up, even if this company is bankrupt, it's just a game, maybe the lawsuit will be worthless but it doesn't matter, cause Telltale deserved it.

To be fair, we aren't in these people's lives, I have to assume that 200 hundred and more people aren't just stupid All of the 250 e

• They couldn't wait a month with this? I mean sue Telltale for all it's worth, they kinda deserve it but fucking wait until they make a deal with another studio first for fuck sake.

• They got paid on the way out... still not severence, but they're expected to find a new job by the end of the month. And that should be easy for them, since so many companies that probably offer higher wages are hiring. That's said, it's not easy for them. Quite the opposite.

Losoyo posted: »

Wow, the lack of empathy of people on this forum when it comes to people not being able to eat, to feed their children, feed their spouses..

• It probably was rushed, and think about it, if your boss fired you without reasons would you give him the chance to get back on his feet ? At this point the employees probably don't care about the game. We are the only one that really cares because we paid and want to be immersed in this story that we all love but the reality is that, these people are just pissed and have every right to be. If the lawsuit wins, and we don't get the ending of Twd, it's not the employees fault, it's still Telltale.

Jayroen posted: »

They couldn't wait a month with this? I mean sue Telltale for all it's worth, they kinda deserve it but fucking wait until they make a deal with another studio first for fuck sake.

• Just curious: How much do you think the average salary was from the 200+ laid off employees?

• edited September 2018

Someone was probably desperate, seriously have a little empathy, try putting yourself in the life of this guy/girl

I would try to get as much people who got laid off together to discuss a plan of action and ultimately be smart about it. I would also try to secure a job first out of the many offerings that opened up specifically for ex-Telltale employees.

When your life is fucked up in complete jeopardy then you don't give a shit about a company that fucked you up, even if this company is bankrupt,

Yea I’d be pissed and want to fuck’em up in a way we’re I’d get what I’m owed. Doing this lawsuit right when Telltale gets to a point where they’ve finally become financially stable would’ve been just as much of a blow. Ultimately Telltale is most likely going down either way (according to some members of the skeleton crew) so why waste your time and money on a lawsuit that’ll give you jack shit when you could be using that time securing a job?

maybe the lawsuit will be worthless but it doesn't matter, cause Telltale deserved it.

Never said Telltale didn’t deserve it, the employees deserve what they’re owed but this isn’t gonna do it, especially when you consider all the money that goes into making a lawsuit happen. It’s simply idiotic.

Someone was probably desperate, seriously have a little empathy, try putting yourself in the life of this guy/girl When your life is fucked

• T H I S

If I were in their shoes, I wouln’t fuck over the people who defended me. I’d take the new, better, job I’m offered and leave the fans with what they want. How do people not see how hard they were just backstabbed rn?

• Like I said before, it's not because they get another job (by the way it's not easy at all, just because the companies offer help to the employees doesn't mean they won't have to climb to reach that help) that they will actually get it. I think the bigger problem is that they had all steady income, and the real victims are those with family, even a slight change from your salary can fuck you up so imagine getting fired without warning.

Ghetsis posted: »

They got paid on the way out... still not severence, but they're expected to find a new job by the end of the month. And that should be easy

• True, the biggest problem is how there was no warning for them to prepare. The employees said they had no idea it was this bad so it came across as shocking to them.

Like I said before, it's not because they get another job (by the way it's not easy at all, just because the companies offer help to the emp

• edited September 2018

I think the lawsuit was just done in parallel to finding a job, I doubt they "wasted time" doing that. Things just are now, we can only observe.

Hopefully for us Telltale will finish Twd
    Hopefully for the employees they will not suffer too much.

Someone was probably desperate, seriously have a little empathy, try putting yourself in the life of this guy/girl I would try to ge

• edited September 2018

I would advise you read everything that was said in this thread (if you have the time) cause a lot has been said and clearly the employees are the victims, and they have every right to complain, lawsuit or not Telltale was fucked, we are just mad cause we want the game to be finished but.. Hopefully it will be finished, in the meantime Telltale is guilty as charged, they made some really bad decisions and will be punished for it, I hope the people at the top can also get back on their feet but like I said, the lawsuit was obvious, it had to happen, and they deserve it.

True, the biggest problem is how there was no warning for them to prepare. The employees said they had no idea it was this bad so it came across as shocking to them.

• I'm reading everything as we speak. So don't disturb, kay?

I would advise you read everything that was said in this thread (if you have the time) cause a lot has been said and clearly the employees

• Sorry :neutral:

I'm reading everything as we speak. So don't disturb, kay?

• Seriously when these two episodes are ever released I'm done investing my energy in a game series.

• edited September 2018

I think the lawsuit was just done in parallel to finding a job, I doubt they "wasted time" doing that.

You would be surprised. Time is definitely getting wasted, along with a lot of money. Its definitely possible to find a job while in the middle of a lawsuit but it sure as hell doesn’t make it easier.

Hopefully for us Telltale will finish Twd, Hopefully for the employees they will not suffer too much.

I’m with you man.

I think the lawsuit was just done in parallel to finding a job, I doubt they "wasted time" doing that. Things just are now, we can only observe. Hopefully for us Telltale will finish Twd Hopefully for the employees they will not suffer too much.

• Just edit that out buddy.. nice and slowly... don't want it to happen again, right?

You didn’t even question why I hate humanity, you instantly assumed it was over a stupid game. Don’t assume peopel’s thoughts. You are scum,

• They all have different positions, but seeing as how employees said pay was low, use 35k as an average for all employees. Obvs for some it will be more/less.

Just curious: How much do you think the average salary was from the 200+ laid off employees?

• Anyway Im really tired to waste energy and being frustrated again with the thought that this series won't be finished. Ill stuck with the official statement, the rest is irrelevant to me.
    Ill sit and wait, crossing my fingers.

• I actually have a brain unlike the feminist blue hair workforce of Telltale.
    If my revenge "and this is 100% about revenge" would prevent a hundred thousand fans from experiencing the ending to something I'd been working on for over 6 years then I'd suck up my pride, accept one of the dozen work offers from other companies and get on with my fucking life.
    But hey, what do I know

It probably was rushed, and think about it, if your boss fired you without reasons would you give him the chance to get back on his feet ? A

• And why are people acting like these employees were broke? they aren't as broke as the average joe or single mother who would actually be broke after being laid off.

Jayroen posted: »

I actually have a brain unlike the feminist blue hair workforce of Telltale. If my revenge "and this is 100% about revenge" would prevent a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.