The possibility of TFS being finished takes another hit

Comments

• The season WILL be finished. The publicity from this would make sales go up. Lawsuit or not, money will come from somewhere.

• I could see a company flush with cash loving the PR and being the 'savior'

The season WILL be finished. The publicity from this would make sales go up. Lawsuit or not, money will come from somewhere.

• As long as it’s not an actual “savior” if you know what I mean?
    This ship hasn’t sailed yet, it just ran out of gas. All it needs is some fuel (money.

Losoyo posted: »

I could see a company flush with cash loving the PR and being the 'savior'

• That’s why I haven’t given up hope tbh.

I could see a company flush with cash loving the PR and being the 'savior'

• The issue with another company buying out the rights to the games is that they could possibly make another Walking Dead game with Clementine in it because they see it as a money-making opportunity, which would ruin the entire arc completely. I doubt they would do that, but it's still a very slim possibility.

• That is I think what is gonna happen. Wedo know potential partners are helping. But we don't know who they are. They will finish it.

The season WILL be finished. The publicity from this would make sales go up. Lawsuit or not, money will come from somewhere.

• It's just a game the lives of people come first. You're supposed to be told days to weeks in advance before being let go like that.

• I’m hoping the lawsuit doesn’t scare off the partners though.

strwar3 posted: »

That is I think what is gonna happen. Wedo know potential partners are helping. But we don't know who they are. They will finish it.

• edited September 2018

Can't I just feel shitty about both and call it a day. I'm tired of all this. I hope they win (employees obviously) or they somehow get severance before it all falls to shit. I'm happy we at least got episode 2 and if somehow those partners could still help out that be great. But I'm done grasping at straws.

• I think TellTale (or what is left) already knew that the lawsuit could have happened, and yet they made that statement in which they said they might end the season with the help of multiple potential partners.
    Im still optimistic, season looks amazing so far, probably the best season after season 2 for me and on par with the first one.

• This doesn’t necessarily effect TFS, but it most likely will. At this point just hope that whatever deal is in the works happens fast, because they’re going to lose this lawsuit, as they should. Although I have no clue how they’re going to pay for it.

• ProxmanProxman Banned
    edited September 2018

Obviously the best possible outcome would be for TFS to be somehow finished with help from external partners and also for all those ex-employees to get the money they deserve, but we'll just have to wait.

• It's not like Pete or any of Telltale's lawyers couldn't have known something like this would have happened. The WARN Act has been federal law since 1988, and California (shocking no one) has some of the most strict regulations and legislation in support of it. So either this is complete incompetence or...no actually that's all I can think it is, it's incompetence.

And as much as I want TFS to be finished, and no matter how vocal that selfish part of my brain is, the former employees need to come first, they need to get their severance and the money that they have earned. Hopefully one of these partners can take over the game so that we can possibly get both.

• edited September 2018

Look the fact is everyone is disappointed and want Twd to be finished, for most of us it's one of the games we have much emotional connections to because of nostalgia and the fact that it was our first telltale games.

But these people were offered the possibility of a job, it doesn't mean that if they apply they MUST get employed, it just means that a lot of companies offered positions, just as much as a restaurant would offer a job as a waiter, you can audition but it doesn't mean you will get taken, now add that to the 200 hundredish people who got fired and that makes a low percentage of people who actually got a job back, they also got screwed over by Telltale by being taken by surprise and didn't have any chance to prepare for the event, they may have had planned things and now have to cancel everything just so themselves and their family can survive. And the people who think about the game first are just selfish, Try to see things from other's people points of view, if it happened to you you would be devastated, the people who got fucked over the most are the employees, not us, we maybe are gonna lose like 20 dollars if the game is not finished but apparently it will. Telltale screwed them over and the employees have every right to file a lawsuit, especially considering that there are rumors that telltale was pretty shitty with some of their employees, combine that with toxic management makes perfect for a lawsuit.

I love this game just as much as you guys, but we are talking about living humans ok, they all have lives just like us.

Melton23 posted: »

ALL of these people were offered jobs. That’s the thing. If they didn’t take it then that’s their own fault, but I doubt they want to stay i

• So well said even though i want season 4 to be finished no matter what people’s lives are worth more than 20 dollars

Demonarke posted: »

Look the fact is everyone is disappointed and want Twd to be finished, for most of us it's one of the games we have much emotional connectio

• Ok. Alright. Yeah, fuck him. I mean... let’s be honest, there was no better way to handle the situation than lowering himself down to Bruner’s level, sueing a company with hardly enough money left? I mean he betrayed us. I defended these people too, you know. I thought what telltale did to them was disgusting, but when they go and pull stuff like this...it’s not right. Surely you must see that.

Look the fact is everyone is disappointed and want Twd to be finished, for most of us it's one of the games we have much emotional connectio

• More power to them. I hope they´ll get everything they´re owed.
    Sure, I would still like to see episode 3 and 4 of the game, but hey, if a game being cancelled is the biggest problem you have in your life you may consider yourself a very lucky person indeed. (or a very young one)

• They're developers. They'll be able to find a high paying job in no time. Besides, what do you think they'll accomplish by suing a broke company?

Wow, the lack of empathy of people on this forum when it comes to people not being able to eat, to feed their children, feed their spouses..

• I get it sucks being laid off with zero notice. But Telltale is broke.

They got no money

The time and money spent suing Telltale could've been used to find another job and maintain your family.

To be honest this is just entitlement.

• One good thing is Lawsuits take YEARS to come to a resolution. It's a marathon. So maybe TWD can finish?

• It's not right for them to get what they're owed?

Ok. Alright. Yeah, fuck him. I mean... let’s be honest, there was no better way to handle the situation than lowering himself down to Bruner

• I weep for their ability to not make 95,000$ a yr and the 60,000$ the others make. I weep. Pfft I'd be lucky if I make 30. They will find another I assure you.

Wow, the lack of empathy of people on this forum when it comes to people not being able to eat, to feed their children, feed their spouses..

• What ? How I don't see anything bad from the employees, ok look this is your life :

You have two children and a wife (assuming your a straight male sorry if you are not any of that xD) you have a steady income and can sustain yourself and your familly, you get to work one day and learn that you are fired, and you get NOTHING, you didn't have time to prepare, and just like that you have 0 income coming to you. What do you do ? Well first of all let me tell you, you would be pissed as hell, especially if management was toxic, first thing I would do is file a lawsuit. Ok then I see some companies offering jobs, ok nice, I apply to one of them, here's what happening :

"not qualified"
    "Already taken by other laid off employees"

add that to the number of people who are looking to get inside these companies and calculate your chance to actually get a job (relatively low)

So you get back home and tell what to your wife and children, welp telltale just fired me but hey, I don't want to file a lawsuit, they have no money, and people want their games, who am I to stop them.

Do you understand now ?

Ok. Alright. Yeah, fuck him. I mean... let’s be honest, there was no better way to handle the situation than lowering himself down to Bruner

• Errrrrr. Seriously ? I mean do you really think finding a job is that easy ? More importantly finding a job with the same steady income you had ? Man you live in wonderland

remorse667 posted: »

They're developers. They'll be able to find a high paying job in no time. Besides, what do you think they'll accomplish by suing a broke company?

• Just a question: what happens if the employees win but telltale doesn't have the money to pay all of them?

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, I just don't how how this works.

• Look If I got fucked over by my company, I don't care if they are bankrupt, I would probably be very pissed at the moment and desperate and would definetely file a lawsuit. You really think they are not looking for a job right now ? You think all the people who got fired are stupid idiots who does nothing in their time but complain ? No they are humans, just like you and I, they are trying to get by, they are the victims here there is no other way to see it.

If the big sharks are in trouble it's their problem, they made terrible decisions and were toxic, I hope they find a way to make it up for themselves but they had this lawsuit coming.

I get it sucks being laid off with zero notice. But Telltale is broke. They got no money The time and money spent suing Telltale could've been used to find another job and maintain your family. To be honest this is just entitlement.

• What are you going to accomplish by suing a company with no money?

Errrrrr. Seriously ? I mean do you really think finding a job is that easy ? More importantly finding a job with the same steady income you had ? Man you live in wonderland

• Telltale actually need to file for bankruptcy, they apparently haven't so everyone is in their right to sue them, all charges will be dropped if they are bankrupt.

I think at least

Archielan posted: »

Just a question: what happens if the employees win but telltale doesn't have the money to pay all of them? I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, I just don't how how this works.

• Also if they are broke then they should file for bankruptcy, which they haven't done yet, until then every employee has a right to sue them.

I get it sucks being laid off with zero notice. But Telltale is broke. They got no money The time and money spent suing Telltale could've been used to find another job and maintain your family. To be honest this is just entitlement.

• Getting the money they deserve...if the money isnt there.. then the episodes arent coming anyway. Also.. you got no idea what you are talking about if you think they will instantly get high paying jobs

They're developers. They'll be able to find a high paying job in no time. Besides, what do you think they'll accomplish by suing a broke company?

• No, it’s not right for them to drag us down with them. Getting what they’re owed and ruining things for the fans are two different things entirely. There were other ways that one guy could have made his money.

It's not right for them to get what they're owed?

• Until they say they are bankrupt, everyone has a right to complain, the lawsuit will fail if Telltale actually admits to bankruptcy

What are you going to accomplish by suing a company with no money?

• The Lawsuit might ensure Telltale defuncts sooner than later.

Telltale actually need to file for bankruptcy, they apparently haven't so everyone is in their right to sue them, all charges will be dropped if they are bankrupt. I think at least

• No. People are disgusting and are possibly the worst things to plague this planet. Self centred until the end, even after people like myself looked out for them

What ? How I don't see anything bad from the employees, ok look this is your life : You have two children and a wife (assuming your a str

• edited September 2018

But since they have done some illegal shits to their employees the lawsuit probably won't be dropped so telltale is in a shit loads of problem.

Telltale actually need to file for bankruptcy, they apparently haven't so everyone is in their right to sue them, all charges will be dropped if they are bankrupt. I think at least

• Think about this way -->

What if Telltale Games kept the workers, but delayed their paychecks due to their lack of funds? That would've been way worse

• Yeah that’s what I was thinking, this could be going on for awhile. They might still have time to resolve TFS.

One good thing is Lawsuits take YEARS to come to a resolution. It's a marathon. So maybe TWD can finish?

• Ultimately if TFS doesn't happen I think we can all blame their management for getting everyone in this situation in the first place. The lawsuit was inevitable, and as sad as I am that we might not get it I can't argue with people who lost their livelihood without ANY warning trying to get what their owed.

• Wow ok, jesus christ, you seem like a terrible person, I hate pessimist people who say they hate humans or something. you are the one that is self-centered, you only wasted 20 dollars get over yourself, lots of people lost their jobs.

People who say they hate humans and prefer animal or some shit, saying earth would be better without them is stupid, every living organism in this planet is selfish, it's just how it works, but we humans have this wonderful thing called empathy, which you don't seem to have, empathy is an evolutionnary avantage so it is in itself selfish but also beautiful. And stop saying you "looked out for them" what the heck have you done for these people ? You have saved their lives ? No none of them even know you you haven't done a single thing to them they owe you nothing, you are the one that is self-centered.

No. People are disgusting and are possibly the worst things to plague this planet. Self centred until the end, even after people like myself looked out for them

• edited September 2018

In any case, all the employees are probably trying to get a new job back, it's foolish to assume they aren't, but they probably filed a lawsuit the moment they got laid off or not too late after.

The Lawsuit might ensure Telltale defuncts sooner than later.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.