The possibility of TFS being finished takes another hit

Comments

• I'm 26 years old myself and not a teenager and I'm furious about this myself. I PAID FOR A GAME THAT PROMISED ME AN ENTIRE SEASON IF I BOUGHT THE SEASON PASS AND I ONLY GET HALF OF THE SEASON ALL BECAUSE OF A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES WANTING TO TAKE THE FANS DOWN WITH THEM JUST BECAUSE THEY WANNA SUE THE COMPANY WHO LAID THEM OFF? fuck them. Hope those employees lose.

JmoooX posted: »

I'm just asking, because recently I keep getting the feeling that this part of the forums is full of angry teenagers...

• Nobody is talking about the customers because no one has officially said that the rest of the game is cancelled

EMAN528 posted: »

Why does nobody talk about the fact that they fucked over the customers by taking taking our money. The emploees were not the only victims.

• Perhaps his/her line of work is.......very demanding if you catch my drift

With all due respect, how long did You have to "work hard" to earn 20$?

• "You are scum, and idc what happens to me for saying this, you are vile, way worse than I ever will be. Don’t talk to me again."

Personal attacks aren't necessary. Let's avoid these.

Melton23 posted: »

You didn’t even question why I hate humanity, you instantly assumed it was over a stupid game. Don’t assume peopel’s thoughts. You are scum,

• Chill out man, I didn't call You a teenager, however, considering Your opinion on the subject I probably should have

Joshua1991 posted: »

I'm 26 years old myself and not a teenager and I'm furious about this myself. I PAID FOR A GAME THAT PROMISED ME AN ENTIRE SEASON IF I BOUGH

• they did? is embargo up?

Eurogamer just trashed LiS2...and they fucking loved 1 and BtS

• Yes let the misdirected hate flow!

I'm 26 years old myself and not a teenager and I'm furious about this myself. I PAID FOR A GAME THAT PROMISED ME AN ENTIRE SEASON IF I BOUGH

• Taken the game off the online stores too (currently unavailable for purchase) that’s it I think..?

• So you're saying I should be happy that I was ripped off because I didn't get what I was promised?

Chill out man, I didn't call You a teenager, however, considering Your opinion on the subject I probably should have

• What do they know, huh? Link me

Eurogamer just trashed LiS2...and they fucking loved 1 and BtS

• Working those corners ain't easy :D

Pimping ain't easy....

• The season was not cancelled, so maybe stop blaming the former employees for no apparent reason and just patiently wait until You get what You paid for.

So you're saying I should be happy that I was ripped off because I didn't get what I was promised?

• www.Eurogamer.com/LifeisStrange2/CompleteShit

Dex-Starr posted: »

What do they know, huh? Link me

• I found this article that would say otherwise.

www.Eurogamer.com/LifeisStrange2/CompleteShit

• You think all of these people at Telltale immediately found jobs after being laid off? I've heard that some employees lost their work visas and have to leave the country. Another employee was evicted from their apartment and has to sleep on another employee's couch. The amount of vacant job positions =/= amount of people laid off at Telltale.

Well now I say they probably deserved it. The amount of pettiness is unbelievable, considering that being fired from telltale was the best t

• Another employee was evicted from their apartment and has to sleep on another employee's couch

Maybe that's the employees fault, and not Telltales? I understand that shit happens in life and that you can't always help certain situations, but they were probably doomed way before they got evicted.

You think all of these people at Telltale immediately found jobs after being laid off? I've heard that some employees lost their work visas

• LoL I too cannot wait to see what happens in LiS2....just so bummed about this situation here...gah. Hopefully the music will be up to LiS standards.

I found this article that would say otherwise.

• Well if they think Before The Storm is better than LIS2 than they're on crack. Before The Storm is a dullfest.

www.Eurogamer.com/LifeisStrange2/CompleteShit

• They got laid off near the end of the month, presumably before their paycheck could come in. Telltale didn't provide them any severance and pays pretty low for an any area as expensive as the Bay Area.

Another employee was evicted from their apartment and has to sleep on another employee's couch Maybe that's the employees fault, and

• As much as i loved EP2, there is objectively no way that Telltale will finish this season. Put aside the lawsuit, they fired the entire walking dead crew and only have 25 people left in the company. No matter how you divide it, I don't see 25 people being able to deliver the quality of work the past 2 episodes had had with over 200+ employees.

Not to mention that the "multiple" investors isn't a guarantee, and the 25 people left can't just wait around hoping something will eventually happen. The best chance of the season being completed is a farfetched hope of another company finishing it or Skybound and another studio save the project. And both of those have a slim to none existent chance of happening.

• EP3&4 aren't happening w/without a lawsuit.

Tewudin posted: »

If the employees win this lawsuit, which they probably will, then you can kiss goodbye to your episode 3 and 4, my friend.

• I'm torn as well. I really want the game to be completed. I want to see how Clem's story is going to end, and being denied that truly sucks. However, it's also not fair how the former Telltale employees were treated. They do legally deserve severance pay. Man... it's a very sucky situation. :disappointed:

ralo229 posted: »

Fuck, I’m torn. On one hand, I really want this game to be finished, but objectively speaking, the employees deserve justice for what happened. Fuck, I really hate complicated moral dilemmas.

• I'm loving how some people are like "Forget about it, the game is cancelled", I mean... How do you know???? We know NOTHING about this. Yeah, maybe the game will be cancelled, but no one can say it or the opposite for sure.
    I think we all need to relax.
    Episode 2 was amazing, btw.

• I'm not hopeful but i agree, episode 2 rocked.. They really have progressed so much from how the game used to be, it's sad it was too little too late (to save the company atleast)

bluewalker posted: »

I'm loving how some people are like "Forget about it, the game is cancelled", I mean... How do you know???? We know NOTHING about this. Yeah

• At this point I am hopeful for some ending. As everyone must be to keep happy. I do think the employees need to be paid for whatever work they did. I'm not sure behind the linguistics of it but I'm just so torn at this point. This was one of the greatest episodes I ever played and I just don't know how to feel. Part of me feels mad because they are hindering the project but this is beyond games and that's a selfish outlook. We're talking people feeding their families and such.

I do think episodes 3 and 4 will be finished but how they look and feel is another story. My main thing I keep wondering about is they fired Clementine and Violet's voice actors. They relieved most of the designers and it's a bunch of suit and tie dudes left. Even if a company took over. Let's say microsoft just buys tell tale out right with their power. Or Ubisoft hops on board. They'd also have to go through the proccess of getting all the voice actors back or it'd be a horrible rushed ending with no soul. who knows how many of them will want to come back after the circus that has happened too. A few characters might be able to get close to copied with other VAs but Violet and Clem are impossible to replicate imo.

It wouldn't really feel the same voiced by other people. Especially for Violet's voice actor. Her voice actress (Gideon Adlon) is incredible. That tad of angst, soft, slight rasp. That voice can't be replicated imo. Violet's entire vibe is brought to life by her. I took a moment to tell her how incredible of a job she did on instagram.

I think it might end in interactive videos. Kinda like the game but without the voices and without the combat. Just slideshow slides with options on what to say. Or maybe the comic book rumor which I loathe because reading is for nerds lol. But I hope we do see a complete end. Till we get confirmation. Being optimistic is all we can do :)

• edited September 2018

But those of us that want to game to be finished are told we’re heartless because we care about a Game and a fictional character more than we care about the livelihoods of employees. It may have only been $20, but that contributes to my livelihood as well. It’s not wrong to want what we paid for. How did this just been a cancel the game that I had not already bought, it would be somewhat heartless to care more about the game than these people. The fact is I paid for something and when it comes down to it that company has an obligation to refund or deliver.

Nobody is talking about the customers because no one has officially said that the rest of the game is cancelled

• When the episode ended I was even more sad because of the situation. You can see how much they improved since New Frontier... My heart is kinda broken right now, but I'm still hoping for the best.

Losoyo posted: »

I'm not hopeful but i agree, episode 2 rocked.. They really have progressed so much from how the game used to be, it's sad it was too little too late (to save the company atleast)

• What would you do if you had a family to feed? You seem a little selfish here dude. Sorry.

Oh, I didn’t know caring about your family meant caring more about a dead end job in a dying company than a company that can actually help y

• edited September 2018

Actually quite pretentious of you to say that. The validity is not for you to decide. The fact is it is my money. Just because you find $20 insignificant doesn’t mean it’s insignificant to everyone else.

With all due respect, how long did You have to "work hard" to earn 20$?

• I didn't say that it's insignificant, but do You really think that comparing spending 20$ to losing a job is fair?

EMAN528 posted: »

Actually quite pretentious of you to say that. The validity is not for you to decide. The fact is it is my money. Just because you find $20 insignificant doesn’t mean it’s insignificant to everyone else.

• All reviews for every telltale game have now been deleted..my words now..they’re being taken over and all telltale stuff is being deleted..lol

• Right before the court case lol

• There's no win win here. Even if another company picks up TWD and hires the developers that worked on it previously, everyone else who didn't won't get their severance still. There's no way telltale could pay any severance to anyone given the fact that if they could have they probably would have. The developers deserve severance, but without a lawsuit that could kill TWD and any future of telltale coming back, were shit out of luck. I doubt telltale could even afford to go to court so i am not sure what there is to gain.

• All reviews? Where?

Lord Vandal posted: »

All reviews for every telltale game have now been deleted..my words now..they’re being taken over and all telltale stuff is being deleted..lol

• For older telltale games

• Why removing all the reviews for the older TT games?

Lord Vandal posted: »

For older telltale games

• Yep, not a single review on Steam. Which makes no sense, because all the other games from Telltale are finished. I think they are hiding the reviews for some reason, but don't know why lol

• edited September 2018

I didn't say that it's insignificant, but do You really think that comparing spending 20$ to losing a job is fair?

• It's annoying how divided people are on this. It's perfectly acceptable to both expect and demand that Telltale finish the product you paid money for AND pay the employees they clearly screwed over.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.