The possibility of TFS being finished takes another hit

Comments

• Really hope they still find someway to finish the game. Listening to the "Clementine" song is actually surprisingly sad and somber, kinda fits the mood of being unsure of whats to come

• Well that is the rational way to think about it, but you can't know how you would feel when that happened to you, especially if it fucked up your life, you shouldn't say "this is how I will feel" cause you don't know. In any case like it was already said, only one or two people are enough to file a lawsuit so you know, i get that you're mad, I'm not, I'm more disappointed and sad but it's ok, your feelings and everyone's elses are justified, just as long as you don't put the blame on the employees I'm fine with it.

Jayroen posted: »

I actually have a brain unlike the feminist blue hair workforce of Telltale. If my revenge "and this is 100% about revenge" would prevent a

• Well they have a steady income, getting cut out of money without preparation can have terrible consequence for you, it's not a coincidence that some people end up homeless after their company goes bankrupt.

Joshua1991 posted: »

And why are people acting like these employees were broke? they aren't as broke as the average joe or single mother who would actually be broke after being laid off.

• I never did put the blame on the employees, this one is on Telltale and their poor management, just wish people could be a little more rational and stop making a bad situation worse because their precious fucking feelings are hurt..

Demonarke posted: »

Well that is the rational way to think about it, but you can't know how you would feel when that happened to you, especially if it fucked up

• The area where Telltale was located was very expensive...and Telltale paid at the low end of the scale...some of those guys were living check to check. I know it is shocking.

And why are people acting like these employees were broke? they aren't as broke as the average joe or single mother who would actually be broke after being laid off.

• I think they will...frankly the best case is to sell the assets and use the money to put into a fund for the employees.

Poogers555 posted: »

Really hope they still find someway to finish the game. Listening to the "Clementine" song is actually surprisingly sad and somber, kinda fits the mood of being unsure of whats to come

• dontnod... DONTNOD... DONTNOD...DONTNOD... DONTNOD... DONTNOD... DONTNOD... DONTNOD... DONTNOD

• Yep that’s good way to handle it I like telltale but not paying the employees for their work just to be let go in such short notice is not acceptable

I think they will...frankly the best case is to sell the assets and use the money to put into a fund for the employees.

• edited September 2018

But you see guys, they will release Episode 3 and 4 "in some form."

That form will consist of the ex-CEO (Kevin Bruner) sitting on a toilet whilst reading out the scripts one by one of Episode 3 and 4. Both will be around 3 and a half hour long videos. At the end of each video, he will then mourn and lament for the losses of the employees, the fanbase, the company, and, most importantly, his own loses. All whilst wiping his tears with toilet paper.

• We will see the last 2 episodes...whatever company swoops in like a golden vulture.

ADSAM posted: »

Yep that’s good way to handle it I like telltale but not paying the employees for their work just to be let go in such short notice is not acceptable

• Any form as long as it's not comic book form.

BigBadPaul posted: »

But you see guys, they will release Episode 3 and 4 "in some form." That form will consist of the ex-CEO (Kevin Bruner) sitting on a toil

• LOL We should steal his classic car and sell it to give to the employees..fucking asshole Bruner.

But you see guys, they will release Episode 3 and 4 "in some form." That form will consist of the ex-CEO (Kevin Bruner) sitting on a toil

• edited September 2018

Then Kevin Bruner has got you covered! (get it? shit joke)

Any form as long as it's not comic book form.

• "in some form."

Yeah, in the form of a video game developed by DONTNOD and published by Square Enix.

• I don’t think they would do that

Any form as long as it's not comic book form.

• edited September 2018

I hope whatever happens it gets finished. Sucks this game is actually really good, gives me some weird feeling of dread not knowing if we'll ever see the end. Honestly have that same feeling of after I finished Wolf Among us, just wanting more. Now thats canned, Im just making myself sad at this point smh

I think they will...frankly the best case is to sell the assets and use the money to put into a fund for the employees.

• To be honest all the other company needs is access to the script and the game engine and hope the voice over artist agree to come back and I'm pretty sure they will want to finish there characters story

• While I’d love for them to help, the fact that they’re currently releasing LiS 2 makes this highly unlikely.

Dex-Starr posted: »

dontnod... DONTNOD... DONTNOD...DONTNOD... DONTNOD... DONTNOD... DONTNOD... DONTNOD... DONTNOD

• I guess Life is Strange when I can expect DONTNOD to be continuing The Walking Dead series.

"in some form." Yeah, in the form of a video game developed by DONTNOD and published by Square Enix.

• Life will get even stranger when you realise how good it'll be.

I guess Life is Strange when I can expect DONTNOD to be continuing The Walking Dead series.

• It wouldn't take much for them to work on two measly episodes while working on LiS II

While I’d love for them to help, the fact that they’re currently releasing LiS 2 makes this highly unlikely.

• Well, it depends, if Telltale will be the one making the remaining 2 episodes - some of the voice actors may want to stay loyal to the laid off devs and writers...

donmike84 posted: »

To be honest all the other company needs is access to the script and the game engine and hope the voice over artist agree to come back and I'm pretty sure they will want to finish there characters story

• At that point I'd just hope they could find it in themselves to do the work for the fans and not the company itself.

JmoooX posted: »

Well, it depends, if Telltale will be the one making the remaining 2 episodes - some of the voice actors may want to stay loyal to the laid off devs and writers...

• That goatee bearded prick Bruner...

LOL We should steal his classic car and sell it to give to the employees..fucking asshole Bruner.

• Checked steam database!! Tonnes of shit with different language voice overs been recently added!! They’re making it!! Fucking hell

• Specifically for Episode 3?

Lord Vandal posted: »

Checked steam database!! Tonnes of shit with different language voice overs been recently added!! They’re making it!! Fucking hell

• Yes check steam link mate

• steamdb.info/app/866800/history/ Click history tab and first word of each line

• Lots or red lines below with added patch content, so they’re obviously making it with someone?!

• And I worked hard to pay for said video game that I’m not getting.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Unfortunately, sorry this sounds harsh, but it goes to show that people care more about a video game then the people’s lives who worked hard to give you said video game.

• Change #5134300

Changed Depots
    branches/trainstation/timeupdated: 1537776351 (September 24, 2018 – 08:05:51 UTC) › 1537862765 (September 25, 2018 – 08:06:05 UTC) (+17)
    branches/trainstation/buildid: 3150307 › 3153830
    branches/boardingschool/timeupdated: 1537776350 (September 24, 2018 – 08:05:50 UTC) › 1537862765 (September 25, 2018 – 08:06:05 UTC) (+17)
    branches/boardingschool/buildid: 3150306 › 3153829
    866803/encryptedmanifests/trainstation/encrypted_size_2: 548DA46D37AD3FAF67AA3BCAA710BC90 › 07585D7BA5EA5FDA743EF8342BDF0F63
    866803/encryptedmanifests/trainstation/encrypted_gid_2: 9C4F35EC9243F8FDF9ABC771F7E0E5BF › AFE44D5AC0FF9B1D2615A51CB724AEAF
    866803/encryptedmanifests/boardingschool/encrypted_size_2: 3427A9F60AB3CBC00350756678F13FCB › EE3DEE0F3554FA53104E067195F6C7D8
    866803/encryptedmanifests/boardingschool/encrypted_gid_2: 5DD1B46B104D2444FC545529FBAE79DD › DFE99A8BC786C4A4B94781FC75BC0BAB

First word of each line You say...
    So... Change Changed branches branches branches branches branches 866803 866803 866803 866803
    Makes sense!

steamdb.info/app/866800/history/ Click history tab and first word of each line

• Are you sure those voiceovers weren't for episode 2?

Lots or red lines below with added patch content, so they’re obviously making it with someone?!

• With all due respect, how long did You have to "work hard" to earn 20$?

EMAN528 posted: »

And I worked hard to pay for said video game that I’m not getting.

• edited September 2018

Why does nobody talk about the fact that they fucked over the customers by taking taking our money. The emploees were not the only victims. It’s not like we’re just bystanders with no skin in the game. We’re asking for something that we already paid for. Believe me, I’d love to just get my money back. Remember, though they were abruptly laid off these employees were actually paid for the hours they worked. The customers are having their money stolen.

GSSalvador posted: »

This is bullshit. They care about Clementine's story, but they care about their families more as everyone would do. Telltale fucked them

• Not all of us can afford to buy games 24/7. Money is scarce for some people. and now these cry babies who got laid off who wanna take the fans down with them. Fuck them

With all due respect, how long did You have to "work hard" to earn 20$?

• Pimping ain't easy....

With all due respect, how long did You have to "work hard" to earn 20$?

• I'm just asking, because recently I keep getting the feeling that this part of the forums is full of angry teenagers...

Not all of us can afford to buy games 24/7. Money is scarce for some people. and now these cry babies who got laid off who wanna take the fans down with them. Fuck them

• Moving twigs and digging holes.

Pimping ain't easy....

• edited September 2018

Eurogamer just trashed LiS2...and they fucking loved 1 and BtS

It wouldn't take much for them to work on two measly episodes while working on LiS II

• edited September 2018

I don’t care about a fictional character as much as I care about my non-fictional money that was taken from me. Believe me I do feel for these employees, I really do. But let’s put this into perspective. 250 employees were let go like tens of thousands of paying customers were robbed. None of it is right but let’s remember that these employees would not have had these jobs without customers like us.

Tewudin posted: »

I call it a decent behaviour to care more about your family than a fictional character. Talk what you want but I fully support them. I wish

Sign in to comment in this discussion.