Episode 404 Waiting Thread - Out Now

Comments

• Another question? You only gave me four.

Dex-Starr posted: »

How many times have Hugo and Alita kissed??

• Three.

Another question? You only gave me four.

• My contribution was useful there too.

Ghetsis posted: »

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/123242/the-final-season-barely-feels-like-a-walking-dead-game/p1 there are a lot of good points here

• edited March 2019

So remember when i said some crazy shit was gonna happen in that barn ? Yeah,here's the key art for episode 4.

Dammit i think @InGen_Nate_Kenny updated the thread 3 or 4 hours ago and posted it i feel dumb now,oh well.

• Hating on it is a stressed phrasing, but it can be some combination of

• Trying to "makeup" at the last minute
    • The somewhat hammy foreshadowing for the mascot's death
    • The romance aspect
    • The cast still not being that fleshed out despite having advantages
    • Tennessee and the Twins being sparsely developed for their role
    • Characters prioritizing being "likable" over depth at times
    • Budget cuts allegedly leading to less content in places that could've been simple
    • Many choices not being very significant
    • How bare/straightforward the plot and collective villains are
    • Lily being brought back the way she was
    • Telltale being forced to close
    • The way Lilith is written
    • The Other Side of the War not coming into play
    • Broken Toys mixing issues reminiscent of The Last Jedi and Thicker than Water

That's what I've seen. YMMV on some.

I don’t understand why a lot of people are hating on this season. Like seriously, I’m curious, what are your legitimate reasons?

• edited March 2019

The majority of people love the game and think it’s great. From what I’ve noticed, even the people who are constantly criticizing it think it’s good or ok, they just don’t like certain aspects of it.

I don’t understand why a lot of people are hating on this season. Like seriously, I’m curious, what are your legitimate reasons?

• You could’ve just edited your original post to say three in order to fix it instead of replying to it with a whole new post.
    Also, anyone could’ve found those answers online. I really gotta test your knowledge

Three.

• Que será. I have not used the Internet seeing as I saw the film, but again: it is up to you. The Internet did not even cross my mind by the way until you mentioned it. If you do not want to listen to Halestorm, then I understand.

You could’ve just edited your original post to say three in order to fix it instead of replying to it with a whole new post. Also, anyone could’ve found those answers online. I really gotta test your knowledge

• Hollow point. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with a teenage cast and a kidnapper theme, and to say the season has only been about those two themes is factually wrong. You have parenthood, you have a kid raised in the apocalypse only now perceiving society, you have the theme of killing - when it's right and when it's wrong -, you are in every single episode questioned if there is more to walkers than what's on the surface, then you have character specific themes, like low self esteem in Louis, a defensive attitude with Violet, brainwashing with Minerva, ends over means with Lilly, then you have themes common with other seasons: loss, hardship, survival, all of which are very present - and this is to name a few.

If you chose to only look at what's on the surface, of course you will end up with a hollow season in your mind.

This game is lacking big time. Like, everything this season has been about teen drama and kidnappers. S1 and S2 had players experience many different issues the protagonists had to face. This season was kinda hollow imo

• I see what you mean, but they are still disinteresting characters to me. The whole season just feels bland and effortless.

Hollow point. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with a teenage cast and a kidnapper theme, and to say the season has only been about those

• Well?

AronDracula posted: »

I never said your opinions sucks. I just said your actions in communication sucks.

• All that and the game still feels empty and dull. The only interesting parts of the game were when someone died and when Minerva and Violet turned on us.Other than that, this season feels so uneventful.

Hollow point. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with a teenage cast and a kidnapper theme, and to say the season has only been about those

• Perfect response. I totally agree that this season is far from perfect. It’s a good game, but it’s not like season 1, which I think this is a reason why some people are very critical about it.

iFoRias posted: »

i don't think "a lot of people are hating on this season" or at least it didnt start this way like everyone loved the first episode (myself

• I actual agree with the fact that this season does not focus on the other characters. Like Omar, for example, he was just placed there to just fill up more space. What was the purpose in that? I don’t know. I feel like the season would be a whole lot better if they had a bigger budget. And I understand that everyone won’t like the game, but saying stuff like “it sucks” isn’t such a great argument.

Ghetsis posted: »

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/123242/the-final-season-barely-feels-like-a-walking-dead-game/p1 there are a lot of good points here

• Gotcha! Thank you for that!

DabigRG posted: »

Hating on it is a stressed phrasing, but it can be some combination of * Trying to "makeup" at the last minute * The somewhat hammy fo

• Well, if individuals would read beyond that and realise that I have said why (characters, gameplay and narrative), but no, apparently I am communicating in the wrong fashion, according to @AronDracula.

I actual agree with the fact that this season does not focus on the other characters. Like Omar, for example, he was just placed there to ju

• Well bois, I’m leaving for vacation. I’ll be back on the 30th to play Take Us Back, see you all on the other side... peace.

• Have a good holiday. ?

Well bois, I’m leaving for vacation. I’ll be back on the 30th to play Take Us Back, see you all on the other side... peace.

• This place is such a Ghost Town. Definitely won't last a year.

• People left because there are spoilers incoming soon. But still you are partially right, people are leaving, after Telltale`s demise that was unavoidable.

This place is such a Ghost Town. Definitely won't last a year.

• Hop on a little bit of moshi monsters with me and I’ll show u a great time

• The finale will be the deciding factor but I dunno pfft this has probably been my favorite season of the series by far. Its not as explosive as some of the earlier episodes like "A house divided" but the pacing has been some of the best in the whole series. No annoying train puzzles or flipping switches to bog down the narrative, which puts it in a higher caliber than season 1 in some ways imo. I could be jinxing myself hard but I'm feeling good about the finale meeting my expectations at least, especially since the groundwork was already laid out before telltale fell over. Tomorrow is gonna be a long agonizing day for sure.

• In typical last-minute fashion -- as I usually do -- I've finally started Episode 3.

I played about a third of it (until the Chapter 1 trophy popped up), and should be able to finish it tomorrow (or, today if I'm checking my clock correctly.)

I don't want to be late for Episode 4. No siree.

• Alsooo....

You Walking Dead folks seem to live here I rarely see any of you in the General section. On that note:
    I've got a little game Giveaway raffle going on in the General section just to celebrate the community and give back before everyone leaves or dies.

So... Might want to check that out. Donate a game, sign up to get one. Your choice.

• edited March 2019

It's sad

• What time does it release

• I think 9:00 like the others ?

What time does it release

• 9 in which timezone cause i live in Australia

• Is the finale coming out at midnight on PS4?

• This is it, folks. We are in the Endgame now. One more day, one last time.

• Well it’s march 26 for me now so does that mean I have to fucking wait half a day again

• It should, like a few minutes after midnight cause the store needs to update

Is the finale coming out at midnight on PS4?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Skybound have said that they are due to release the episode 9PM pacific time which should be at around 12PM-3PM Australian time (depending on time zone), I don't know if this applies to all platforms but that is the time they are aiming for.

Well it’s march 26 for me now so does that mean I have to fucking wait half a day again

• Where did they say that? I couldn't find a time when I looked

OzzyUK posted: »

Skybound have said that they are due to release the episode 9PM pacific time which should be at around 12PM-3PM Australian time (depending on time zone), I don't know if this applies to all platforms but that is the time they are aiming for.

• I'll miss this game.

• It's definitely my second favorite, only behind S1 obviously. TFS has it's problems for sure, that can't be ignored, but the ride has been extremely enjoyable for me personally. To have Clem be around people her age with so much personality and life and for them to be able to share that with her has been absolutely amazing to watch, especially when she could not seem to find that kind of consistent stability anywhere for the past 8 years.

All that said, I'm tempering my hype for the finale. I'm trying to keep my self and my expectations as grounded in reality as possible. They're high, but not unrealistically so.

The only real expectation I have that is low is the Ranch flashback. I do not think I will be convinced by it at all, cause I have yet to really care for what happened. I'm not even that curious.

The finale will be the deciding factor but I dunno pfft this has probably been my favorite season of the series by far. Its not as explosive

• Tfs has some problems but
    I am more sad how come ep1 has a lot of audio cues, while ep2 and ep3 miss a lot of those. I am sad how "Optional hub choices" are now a scrapped thing (there's a few in ep1 demo sequence) with ep2 and ep3, maybe ep4 will add those back in, but I so doubt it.

Sarunas21 posted: »

It's definitely my second favorite, only behind S1 obviously. TFS has it's problems for sure, that can't be ignored, but the ride has been e

• There were notable ones in Episode 3...?

Tfs has some problems but I am more sad how come ep1 has a lot of audio cues, while ep2 and ep3 miss a lot of those. I am sad how "Optional

• They weren't that spooky and impactful, there were some, but not same vibe as episode one's. I finally understood why people liked more ep1.

DabigRG posted: »

There were notable ones in Episode 3...?

• I meant dummied out hub/interaction options.

They weren't that spooky and impactful, there were some, but not same vibe as episode one's. I finally understood why people liked more ep1.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.