The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited February 2011
    ^Doooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiit

@pheep: Haha, nice Valtentine's Day drawing.

@crfh: Nooooo, that poor corndog ;___;

@1nky: I love all of your comics and this one is no exception XD
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks, guys! :D

Loved this installment, 1nky. Hahaha, Max is so totally oblivious!
  • edited February 2011
    ahah I love the way sam just act like ad ordinary dog :D
  • edited February 2011
    1nky, absolutely brilliant! This whole series is hilarious and beautifully drawn!

crfh, nice job! But honestly, I don't think Max would mind! And the tire tracks would give him much needed roughage!
  • edited February 2011
    1nky, this comic is fantastic. Excellent work; I'm sorry I haven't commented before now, but I'm really looking forward to the next installment. :D
  • edited February 2011
    Wow, so much love. Why so much love, it's not even that good aaahhh

Well, I'll do my best to keep up the updating rhythm, then.

Thank you very much. :)
  • edited February 2011
    1nky wrote: »
    Wow, so much love. Why so much love, it's not even that good aaahhh

Well, I'll do my best to keep up the updating rhythm, then.

Thank you very much. :)

Your sheer pencil work just floors me... What kind of pencil are you using,1nky? If it is a pencil...
  • edited February 2011
    Im STILL working on that other piece, it's taking forever. I did some quick things on the side though.

1. "Say Max, let me teach you something about sharing"
    "You just wanna steal my bowl of Fluorescent Poutine Poultices!"
    "Maybe..."

attachment.php?attachmentid=2368&stc=1&d=1297952648

KeyMaster wrote: »
    My money's on Max ate the flash drive with all the source code on it again and they're waiting for him to pass it. (and for the government to dispatch a level 5 haz-mat team.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=2369&stc=1&d=1297952601
  • edited February 2011
    Hey, 1nky? Do you have a name for your comic yet? I don't like just calling it "your comic" when talking about it...AND OF COURSE IT'S GOOD. DON'T BE RIDICULOUS.
  • edited February 2011
    quickie___sam_by_ginny_n-d39slx6.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Gohaku wrote: »
    Your sheer pencil work just floors me... What kind of pencil are you using,1nky? If it is a pencil...

Mechanical pencil. They're always nice and sharp, and you can blend it easily if it's an HB lead. There are problems with smudging, though...
    Im STILL working on that other piece, it's taking forever. I did some quick things on the side though.

1. "Say Max, let me teach you something about sharing"
    "You just wanna steal my bowl of Fluorescent Poutine Poultices!"
    "Maybe..."

Clay figurines - it's really hard to get it the way you want. (And are those SoftandMarketable!Sam and Max? :D )

As for the sketch, that seems like it's going to be some messy work - what will Max's insides yield? (Are Max's ears really short because he's looking down, or is that just young!Max?)
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Hey, 1nky? Do you have a name for your comic yet? I don't like just calling it "your comic" when talking about it...AND OF COURSE IT'S GOOD. DON'T BE RIDICULOUS.

I actually don't... I was trying to think of one with the whole 'Based on the *** by ***' thing going, but I got too wrapped up in the comic itself. Frankly, I'm stumped. :/ Want to name it?
    GinnyN wrote: »
    *GINNYN POSTED, HOORAY!*

It's been bloody ages since I've seen your work. :)
  • edited February 2011
    =Clay figurines - it's really hard to get it the way you want. (And are those SoftandMarketable!Sam and Max? :D )

As for the sketch, that seems like it's going to be some messy work - what will Max's insides yield? (Are Max's ears really short because he's looking down, or is that just young!Max?)

They are the soft and marketable versions, hence Sam in a T-shirt and shorts (unfortunately, from that angle, you can't see that he's wearing them. Also, Max's ears in proportion to his body.

The sketch was based on a short conversation between that OP, me and Amy about Max eating the flash drive containing BttF (and according to Amy, messing with the coffee maker at the TT offices) It's supposed to be adult Max, but he's looking down at his tummy for what the TT guys are going to have to do to him.

Poor fuzzbutt.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm recovering from a medical procedure, but this gives me time to think. So, pick next!

* Packing a Rod (Somewhere)

* Law Enforcement.

* Clue or Lunch?

* Abduction Rejects!

* 3 second rule

* Supermegacoolsexy (the second session)

* Gold lame shorts (inked and colored)

* Suggest one yourself.
  • edited February 2011
    @division: Haha, Max looks adorable like that.

@GinnyN: It's been a while since I saw a new S&M drawing of yours. I really like it :D

@crfh: Golden shorts of course.
  • edited February 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    * 3 second rule

Do this! Do this! It sounds intriguing! :p
  • edited February 2011
    Hey, guys, I want to redone a Year Older Sam and Max Fan Art to see if I improved in something, please choose one!

* Samurai Sam SaM___Now_you_make_me_mad_by_Ginny_N.jpg
    * Join the MaX Revolution SaM___Join_the_Max_Revolution_by_Ginny_N.jpg
    * Movil Lagomorph Launcher SandM_Movil_Lagomorph_Launcher_by_Ginny_N.png
    * Shareholders of Hell SandM___Shareholders_of_Hell_by_Ginny_N.jpg
    * The Tale of Brave Sir Sam SaM_The_Tale_of_Brave_Sir_Sam_by_Ginny_N.jpg
    * Late for Christmas Dinner SaM___Late_for_X_mas_Dinner_by_Ginny_N.jpg
    * Human Diseption SandM___Human_Diseption_by_Ginny_N.jpg

I have I slight idea of which one will win... but, come on, surprise me!
  • edited February 2011
    Lagomorph Launcher is perfect to me, so not that one.

Hmm...The Tale of Brave Sir Sam.
  • edited February 2011
    Shareholders Of Hell is my pick
  • edited February 2011
    Launcher! :cool:
  • edited February 2011
    @crfh - I'll go for 3 Second Rule. :)

@GinnyN - Shareholders! Shareholders!
  • edited February 2011
    Icedhope asked me to make this for him, since I lost a bet. Don't credit me with this idea. It was all icedhope's. I just drew it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2373&stc=1&d=1298115277

And here's the cleaned-up high rez.

maxassicpark.jpg

You can get the original file here.
  • edited February 2011
    That's just all kinds of awesome.
  • edited February 2011
    @divisionten: Great, now I'm picturing Max with a T-Rex roar. :P Verrry nice.

Arglefruhberlm. I mean, Page 10:

Page10-1.png

Sam hasn't been having a great night.
  • edited February 2011
    @ divisonten - oho man! That's wicked! :D Brilliant job there!

@ 1nky - that last panel... breaks my heart... in a good kinda way.... I just made an oxymoron. ;A; <3
  • edited February 2011
    @divisionten: Ok, that's pretty awesome.

@1nky: Aww, Sam looks like he could use a hug, or petting, or something D:
  • edited February 2011
    snm___anubis_by_ginny_n-d39wc1i.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Whoaaa I go away for a little and all kinds of awesome pile up. divisionten, 1nky and ginnny: rock on!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    1nky, you keep getting better with every page, it's incredible. That last panel is my personal high point. Did you ever consider getting into the nitty-gritty of comics, such as storytelling or composition (respectably with this and this book)?
  • edited February 2011
    I'm so sorry...

snm_fan_comic_inked_by_ginny_n-d39xd08.png
  • edited February 2011
    Okay, Who else thinks we need a GinnyN/1nky collaboration project?
  • edited February 2011
    @ Everyone : I should probably draw a fluffy picture to make up for that, then. Things eventually get better (and then abruptly worse, but then better again). Thanks, guys!
    *Anubis!Sam*

Dat is one badass looking Anubis. :) I'm liking how his (pants?) are flowing.
    1nky, you keep getting better with every page, it's incredible. That last panel is my personal high point. Did you ever consider getting into the nitty-gritty of comics, such as storytelling or composition (respectably with this and this book)?

First of all, thank you - and second of all, don't think I haven't considered it. :) I was hoping to start up a webcomic at some point, but so far, an idea hasn't really stuck - and I suck at photoshopping colours. This fancomic is moreso a practice gig, to work on composition - and God, I love Scott Mcloud. Even just tidbits of his info are really useful.
    I'm so sorry...

*INKEDWHAT*

What are you apologizing for? o_o This is well done. Thank you! Why, though? Just curious.
  • edited February 2011
    Sometimes I feel so inferior to you guys.

You're cranking out excellent looking pieces at least once a week and I'm having trouble inking in one of my works on paint.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, for starters inking in Paint isn't exactly a good idea.

Ooh, more Anubis!Sam, nice.

Don't be >.>

I think you missed a bit of shadow on the penultimate panel though.
  • edited February 2011
    I suck at photoshopping colours.

www.megatokyo.com

www.userfriendly.org

Especially megatokyo. The point is you don't need colours for it to be a good webcomic.
  • edited February 2011
    That's true, you can do it in pencils, or ink it in black and white, or basically do whatever you want: that's what webcomics are for :D
  • edited February 2011
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as fanart... but damn is it fun to play as a race of Maxes in Spore. Naturally, their vehicles are DeSotos and their City Hall is the office building.

If anyone else plays Spore, I'm happy to give you the character and vehicle models.

And baby Maxes are just WAY too cute.
  • edited February 2011
    Can they surf the Desotos? I doubt you can do that but that'd be PERFECT.
  • edited February 2011
    Back by... not very popular demand? My attempt at Sam. Unfortunately, dogs are not as easy to make in Spore as rabbits are. But, hey! The first 30 seconds of the video pretty much sum up the way Noir Sam acted.
  • edited February 2011
    Grrrrr... I'm sorry guys, I can't find either the scan nor the original drawing of "3 second rule" :mad: I'm sure it'll turn up sooner or later (it better) but in the meantime, have this.

goldlameshorts.jpg

Next in line: Urgency (lineart only)
  • edited February 2011
    That scene made me feel so bad for him. Great picture mate.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.