The First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Noted. Prizna, I won't be able to record your time until I wake up tomorrow.
  • edited July 2010
    Since I want to play Revenge's SE, but it would be to disadvantageous, I'm gonna do the original Revenge right now and record my time. Then, this evening at 18:00 GMT, I'll do the SE and stream it. So I'm starting Revenge right now.
  • edited July 2010
    I'll be doing the same thing. Possibly for Secret as well, but we'll see how that goes. I have to say, it's almost tempting to play all the games in advance for the race times and then stream them later so we can have some fun with it and do whatever we want (pick whatever dialogue we want, hear all the non-essential jokes), but playing the entire series in a week sounds rough.

...Inspiration strikes! Nine people should each take one game/chapter and stream it sometime after the race is over for fun, where everyone can watch and make suggestions. If you guys like the idea, I call dibs on Curse.

Now, I'm going to bed. For reals this time.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm kinda against this multiple runs idea, but at the moment (1 run for time, 1 run for mucking about) it's fine. There's no reason not to stream both though if possible.
  • edited July 2010
    I wasn't serious about extending it past the SEs, but I did mean it about the community runs after the race. Also, I'll be doing my SE runs with the same speed run determination, and my logged time will be set in stone already.

Now, I'm putting my phone away and going to sleep.
  • edited July 2010
    I actually like that idea too. And I'd even want to volunteer for Escape in that case... it's just too funny, at least particularly (that is, if I keep on bumping into things and running in circles while enjoying the edgy (heh) graphics).

I guess I'm gonna start my Secret run as soon as apenpaap finishes his Revenge one.
  • edited July 2010
    Finished secret at 10:42

Looks like my run was exactly 2 hours
  • edited July 2010
    commencing secret of monkey island
  • edited July 2010
    I finished Revenge, in 2:04. I'll play the SE this evening (But not for time).
  • edited July 2010
    Starting my MI2 run in a bit over at http://www.livestream.com/doodmonkey
  • edited July 2010
    ...Inspiration strikes! Nine people should each take one game/chapter and stream it sometime after the race is over for fun, where everyone can watch and make suggestions. If you guys like the idea, I call dibs on Curse.

I like that idea. I want Lair of the Leviathan.
  • edited July 2010

Okay, I'll do Lechuck's revenge. (I seem to be the only one who likes the ending) (I'd do Secret too, but I really want to do Lechuck's Revenge) :D You know, people could comment on what dialoge choices to pick, on Livestream, when the choices pop up.
  • edited July 2010
    Okay, I'm starting MI2 Special Edition now. www.livestream.com/blooglspash
  • edited July 2010
    [Insert Declaration of Finishing] ok my time for MI2 was 1:51
  • edited July 2010
    finished secret

total playtime 2.59
  • edited July 2010
    Okay... Lazy me is gonna start playing Secret in a minute. This time for sure. Now breaks. No excuses. Unfortunately, no stream either.

EDIT: had to happen. I'm restarting at some point later -.-
  • edited July 2010
    I finished MI2.
    2 hr 26 min-5 min for using SE=2 hr 21 min
  • edited July 2010
    Okay, I'll do Lechuck's revenge. (I seem to be the only one who likes the ending)

I want it to be known that you are not the only one who likes the ending of LR. I do too!;)
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2010
    I'm up and around now. :)

I'm going to start Curse of Monkey Island now. :D

Also, sorry for being so quiet during my Monkey 1 playthrough, I'm new to livestream, and didn't know you could chat in the program. I thought you had to use the webpage, and it was making double sounds. :o
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Will begin MISE in about 40 minutes.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Okay, I used Monkey Island Explorer version 0.0.3 and put the files in a folder. Scummvm found the files. When I try to launch the game it gives me this message:
    "ERROR: charset 1 not in room 4 at 0+151338 in file monkey2.001!"
    Under it is a place where I can type something. I am using Windows Vista and Scummvm version 1.1.1 Does anyone know what to type or what to do?

Did you extract monkey2.001 as well as monkey2.000?
  • edited July 2010
    I'm starting Revenge's SE now.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Starting Monkey Island 1 now.

Stream is at http://livestream.com/teamonkeyrace10
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    The power went during the game. Thankfully, I have an autosave at 12% in.

The cut lasted approx. 6 minutes.

The autosave's playtime is 26 minutes and 36 seconds.

Resuming play now at 20:10 BST
  • edited July 2010
    I'm going to unofficially sponsor this with the prize of Jolly Rover for Steam for the first and second place winners on behalf of Games, Gold, and Glory. So, incentive! Hooray!
  • edited July 2010
    Oh, so many things to address now that I'm awake. I'm almost certain I've got all the times updated, but you may want to check the OP and make sure I got you.

I'm glad so many of you liked my idea, and blooglspash, that was pretty much what I was thinking. I'm going to start a list of people interested in doing each game.

And Ribs, that's awesome! However, I'm going to have to bump you down to 2nd and 3rd place. I didn't want to say anything yet, but we've got another prize. Jake, on behalf of himself and Nikasaur, is going to arrange some sort of gift from Telltale. I don't know what it's going to be, but I'm certain it will be awesome.

Damn, we've got two unofficial sponsors now. This is getting huge.

Anyway, I'm going to go eat something and take a shower, and I'll be back to run Secret in about half an hour.
    edited July 2010
    I just finished Curse. I had to restart since I realized I chose the wrong difficulty level. It took me 3 hours and 33 minutes (MI3, 3:33 - that's kind of cool :D)

I'm going to take a break before I play EMI.
  • edited July 2010
    Does anyone know how to "Room Warp" in Curse? I looked in the manual but I couldn't find it.
  • edited July 2010
    starting lechucks revenge now
  • edited July 2010
    Does anyone know how to "Room Warp" in Curse? I looked in the manual but I couldn't find it.

Double click on the room you want to go to.

So I've done none of the things I said was going to do in my last post, so I'm going to actually go do them now and then come back for Secret.
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    SoMI finished.

Final time is 2:16, but doodinthemood who kept time gave me 15 minutes of handicap because of the powercut, so officially it's 2:31.

I really gotta say thanks to the audience. You were all awesome company :)
  • edited July 2010
    People should watch "thejoe"s run tomorrow. His run today was great fun. And anyone else with a mic should mic themselves up.
  • edited July 2010
    People should watch "thejoe"s run tomorrow. His run today was great fun. And anyone else with a mic should mic themselves up.

I was there so I second this.
    edited July 2010
    I'm starting Escape from Monkey Island now. :)
  • edited July 2010
    I haven't gotten anysleep since last night and I will be starting the race in a few hours.
    edited July 2010
    I stopped my EMI run because of Sound Problems. Apparently, the voice is working, but the music isn't...

It doesn't stream well, and the controls aren't working for me at all... :(

I'll try to get this sorted, but it looks like I won't be playing 4 and 5 until at least tomorrow.
  • edited July 2010
    I've had the same problem with the music. In my case, it's always been because something was wrong with the disc, either a bad copy of the original or because I was trying to use a single DVD to run the game and had to overwrite files.

I'm about to start up my run of SoMI classic. I've decided to stream both versions of the first two games, so anyone who wants to watch the run that counts can drop by now, and anyone who wants to see an extremely similar run of the SE that doesn't count can drop by later.
  • edited July 2010
    finished lechucks revenge

thats 1 hour and 41 mins
  • edited July 2010
    So... I was just going to play S'n'M 205 for the first time ever, and I didn't want to make a new thread to post it, and this one was the most relevant. So if you want to watch www.livestream.com/tompravetz Will someone tell me if it's working?

Sorry Guru...
  • edited July 2010
    That's okay, Tom.

Finished Secret with a time of 1:50. I'm going to take a break for dinner and to do part of my Escape practice run, and I'll be back sometime later tonight for the SE run.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.