The First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Should be up and running. Be sure to stop by! I'll need the help. :D
  • edited July 2010
    I stopped by, but you seemed to have given up on getting any viewers. Too bad.
  • edited July 2010
    What difficulty do you use for the ship battles in Curse?
  • edited July 2010
    Easy ship combat is okay.
  • edited July 2010
    starting SMI...

9:59:40

Ended

11:55:38

1hr 53min 58sec

Total Time

....not my best time for sure. I screwed up doing the order right in a couple of places. =\

Maybe it was nerves.
  • edited July 2010
    ...Who added the "no boobs here" tag?
  • edited July 2010
    I stopped by, but you seemed to have given up on getting any viewers. Too bad.

Thanks for stopping by. I must of missed you. I might do S'n'M 301 later/tomorrow.
  • edited July 2010
    Hello! Yay, livestreams! *goes to watch*

I got home from work a couple hours ago and am completely dead. I guess I'll be playing SMI tomorrow afternoon instead.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, that was scary. Every once in a while, my computer has what I believe is called a "mup.sys" problem, where Windows hangs up around the time that it loads that file at startup. For some reason, the problem always goes away when I run a certain diagnostic utility for a while, even though the utility doesn't change anything or report a problem. I don't even have to let the thing finish running.

Anyway, if I hadn't been able to get this computer going, I would've still had my laptop to check on the results or watch streams, but I couldn't have played Tales or done any more streaming.

Well, since my Escape practice run was a failure, I guess I'll be starting my Secret SE run shortly (like, after I finish this cup of fruit salad). This one's just for fun, but I'm still going to run it (mostly) as if I were racing.

Edit: My presence elsewhere may be required within the next half hour or so, so I may have to stop in the middle and resume it later tonight.
  • edited July 2010
    So... I''m going to play S'n'M 301 right now. Please stop by. I'll need your help. :D www.livestream.com/tompravetz

Also. I'm rooting for IcedHope. :D Maybe I'll participate next year.
  • edited July 2010
    So...nobody showed, and I was having trouble with the game for some reason, and Procaster was also having trouble with the game, and as predicted I was called away, so maybe I'll do it some other time.
  • edited July 2010
    Starting LCR

www.livestream.com/chyron8472

start time 12:24:30am
  • edited July 2010
    Starting MI1. Just checking over the rules and then I'll begin. Watch here http://livestream.com/ozziemonkeycast

EDIT: Taking a break. Will be back in about half an hour or so.
    EDIT: Break over.
  • edited July 2010
    End LCR 2:24:15am

1hr 59mins 45secs

that's under 2 hours =)
  • edited July 2010
    Okay, Chyron, got both of your times down.

I'm thinking I'll do my Secret SE run tomorrow at what I think is 6 pm GMT (10 hours and 15 minutes from now), followed immediately by my MI2 classic run. My MI2 SE run should be either sometime around 8-10 hours after I finish classic, or it'll be the next day before I start Curse.

For now, I'm going to make yet another attempt to practice Escape. Who knows, maybe I'll make it to Melee Island this time.
  • edited July 2010
    Guru, why dont you use the new Escape installer and a no-cd crack?
  • edited July 2010
    indeed.
  • edited July 2010
    Because I did use the new installer (and in fact completely uninstalled the game after noticing that I somehow had two installed copies, and then reinstalled it, again using the new installer), and because every no-CD crack I tried didn't work at all. So I gave up on that and was just going to put up with the discs, but changed my mind and am using Alcohol 120% instead.
  • edited July 2010
    Guru i have a no-cd crack that works with full audio if you want it.
  • edited July 2010
    No, it's fine, I'm going to try this out. It seems to work perfectly, and changing discs is extremely easy.
  • edited July 2010
    Gonna start curse in a bit. Over at http://www.livestream.com/doodmonkey
  • edited July 2010
    Ok, I took a break a while ago for dinner and such. The timer is at 1 hour 24 minutes, and I'm up to Part 3. I will resume later, but first, the dreaded Maths homework. Damn algebra.
  • edited July 2010
    Algebra, the bane of Monkey Island fans everywhere.

Wait, that doesn't sound right...
  • edited July 2010
    Ok, break finished.
  • edited July 2010
    Finaly going to start the race, and I'm beginging seceret now.

Also my broadcast is down for the moment but i will be in the room.
  • edited July 2010
    I've come across a game-breaking bug, where if I chose any dialogue option after Elaine arrives in the church the game freezes on me. I'll try recording the rest of the gameplay in classic mode on the SE.
  • edited July 2010
    Wow, that sucks. That's really weird. If you need to start the game over, feel free to skip all the dialogue and cutscenes you need to to catch up to that part and resume your time.

I'm really glad I decided to make sure I got this Escape run in. I'm learning all sorts of useful things, like that the "look at" button and the "look at" default action are two totally different things that trigger different events.
  • edited July 2010
    Ok, I had to add the time of a video walkthrough to my time, so I've finished Secret in 2 hours and 2 minutes.
  • edited July 2010
    Just finished curse of monkey island. Not totally sure about time yet cos did it in two parts. Will check the livestream recordings in a bit.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm thinking Doodinthemood might have a record breaker... if not then seriously close! He clicks at the speed of light, so it's no wonder!
  • edited July 2010
    2:25 is my curse time, though the scumm save reckons 2:24.

But also, why do I always have more viewers when I'm not streaming? :p
  • edited July 2010
    Preparing to get Livestream to work as well as launching ScummVM. I'll keep whoever wants to watch updated about when I'll start.
  • edited July 2010
    Mandahaya wrote: »
    Preparing to get Livestream to work as well as launching ScummVM. I'll keep whoever wants to watch updated about when I'll start.

I'll watch you when you have the stream up.
  • edited July 2010
    what one are you playing?
  • edited July 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Just something im wondering:

Are you allowed to right down the map directions for the games beforehand to avoid looking at the map entering in a few then looking back at the map, just wondering coz there is a lot of them, the dancing steps from somi, the light puzzle from curse, the raft in escape and the animal noises and wind in tales.

what light puzzle?
  • edited July 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    what light puzzle?

I'm guessing that was a reference to the lights that give you an x, which for some reason guybrush has to see before bothering to dig there.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm guessing that was a reference to the lights that give you an x, which for some reason guybrush has to see before bothering to dig there.

yep, thats the one I was talking about.
  • edited July 2010
    Just noticed Hamza's run of MI2. Quicker than everyone last year, and with a slower speed setting. Great performance man, well done.
  • edited July 2010
    Channel is set up at http://www.livestream.com/mandahaya but I still have to check things out.

@Lennie: Secret, no SE.
  • edited July 2010
    I finished SMI in a 2hr 20 min
Sign in to comment in this discussion.