The First Great Monkey Island Race of 2010

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Just making a post at the start and finish of each game worked fine for me. It was a bit of extra work to compute and add up all of the times myself, but it wasn't that bad.
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    If you remind me, maybe the winner can get a swaggy-swag from our store, or something pretty cool. Keep me up to date on the status of this, please! (I am easily distracted.)
  • edited March 2010
    Just making a post at the start and finish of each game worked fine for me. It was a bit of extra work to compute and add up all of the times myself, but it wasn't that bad.

Yeah, thats true..if for some reason If I can't particiate I'll officiate for you, and congrats on the thousandth post.
  • edited March 2010
    Okay, sounds good. And thanks. I just wish that instead of discussing the Nintendo Power Awards, my 1000th post had been this:
    nikasaur wrote: »
    If you remind me, maybe the winner can get a swaggy-swag from our store, or something pretty cool. Keep me up to date on the status of this, please! (I am easily distracted.)

As if I haven't said it enough times today, you are freaking awesome. We'll absolutely keep you updated on this.
  • edited March 2010
    nikasaur wrote: »

why you so cool
  • edited June 2010
    I return three months and 1000 posts later with news! Now that LeChuck's Revenge: Special Edition is dated to release on July 7th, I think we can set dates for the race! I'm personally thinking that the format should be a week-long, play whenever you can format, running from Monday, July 12 through Sunday, July 18. Basically, everyone would post what times they intended to play at so I could draw up a viewing schedule and make posts at the start and finish of each game to determine their time. Does anyone have any problems with these dates or this format?

Also, congrats on your 1000 posts, Tope!

Woo, 2000th post!
  • edited June 2010
    Congratz on 2000 Guru, looks like at least one your thousandths was in this thread, let me know, I will do my best hopefully I get my DVD by then.
  • edited June 2010
    It's almost a month away, so I'm fairly certain we'll have the DVD by then. Even if we don't, there's still the downloaded copies (though having the Earl Boen episode 1 for the race would be great). I'm just hoping that 5 days is enough time for us to thoroughly try out MI2:SE and determine what rules we need to apply to ensure the fairest race we can, especially in regards to direct control vs. point and click.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm still in. I'll be playing MI2 SE on release day, so I'll definitely be ready by then. Only thing is I won't be able to start until Aussie Friday afternoon, as the 12th is the first day of my 3rd school term.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, that's why I checked with everyone. If you don't want to cram it all into the weekend, it'd be all right with me if you started as soon as you were ready after the SE release.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, that's why I checked with everyone. If you don't want to cram it all into the weekend, it'd be all right with me if you started as soon as you were ready after the SE release.

Ok, cool. Thanks. That would make it a lot easier.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, someone should let Nikasaur we plan on doing it that weekend of the release of the MI2:SE
  • edited June 2010
    I PMed her, but she hasn't posted in a month in a half and hasn't been on the forums since Monday morning, so we'll see.
  • edited June 2010
    i would've liked to have participated, alas the dates set are the last week of the school year.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, they're not set in stone. I'm trying to figure this out early so we have time to try and accommodate everyone who wants to participate, though I see that it could be a little difficult to do that, what with Ozzie's first week being the same as your last week. But if you really want to participate, I'm sure we can figure something out.
  • edited June 2010
    More than likely, because of things we won't hold it until the weekend to accomadate everyone.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm fine for any time in July :D
    I was wondering if we are allowed to switch between SE and Classic mode for the first two games?

I've set up this twitter account to document my progress: http://twitter.com/Lennie_Melvin

Will that be okay?
  • edited June 2010
    Wow, I hadn't seen this thread before now. I haven't been active on the forums this year, but I've tried to stay updated on the most important things going on here. I won't be able to participate during that week I don't think, but I'll definitely be watching a livestream or two. And maybe I can take part in the Sam & Max race if that takes place a little later.
  • edited June 2010
    Yay! I can be a cheerleader again!! :)
  • edited June 2010
    Aw, I think those current dates are just infuriatingly close to being in holidays for UK people :P ah well. I will be doing it in that weekend bit, probably.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, if you guys have ideas for dates that would work better, I'm entirely open to suggestion.
  • edited June 2010
    I'll have lots of free time until September, so I'm in! Never used Livestream before, so I don't know if I will use it.
  • edited June 2010
    I like 12-18 July, but any date in July is okay with me (I get my wisdom teeth pulled on August 5th, so I'll probably be very sore and grumpy the week after it, and then I go on holiday).
  • edited June 2010
    this sounds cool can i join in?
  • edited June 2010
    I really like the start of August, but any other week is basically the same as I'll end up doing it on the weekend.
  • edited June 2010
    12-18 July sounds good to me. I don't know when I'll be traveling yet, though, so I don't know what's the best date for me yet.
  • edited June 2010
    The only problem with livestreams is that it's not possible to go back and watch the old races. It'd be nice to see the conversations you guys were having after 26 hours with no sleep. :p
  • edited June 2010
    It's possible to watch the old races if the broadcaster has it set to keep a recording online. The chat isn't saved anywhere, though. And hamza and Neelo, you're in. It sounds like the general consensus is July 12-18, so we'll make those the dates and accommodate anyone who has a problem with that.

Also, I've updated the rules regarding documentation, so make sure you take a look at those.
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    I'm definitely in.
  • edited June 2010
    I set up a livestream too.

http://www.livestream.com/neelo
  • edited June 2010
    So are people going to be doing their first run through of Revenge:SE during the race?
    I can't decide whether to play it beforehand and and risk being bored the second time I play through it in a matter of days or to play it first time through in the race and risk getting sidetracked by all the new features and artwork.
  • edited June 2010
    I think I'll play it once before the race, so I can talk to everyone about everything and enjoy the voices and the new features. Then, on the race, I'll just do the essential stuff.
  • edited June 2010
    ill try, but i probably wont count as im not sure whether ill have mi2 yet...

also im in bali for the first 4 days, but after that ill compete!

www.livestream.com/highwaymirace2010
  • edited June 2010
    hang on, how do i get it to capture my screen?
  • edited June 2010
  • edited June 2010
    Neelo wrote: »

cheers.

I made a graphic for us

attachment.php?attachmentid=1605&stc=1&d=1277126114
  • edited June 2010
    It's now the banner on my channel :)

EDIT: It doesn't appear completely there, it's too big so it is cut in half.
  • edited June 2010
    Neelo wrote: »
    It's now the banner on my channel :)

EDIT: It doesn't appear completely there, it's too big so it is cut in half.

its my logo!
  • edited June 2010
    You said 'us', so I thought it was for everyone who's in the race. I'll remove it if you want, though.

After a few failed attempts, I was finally able to record something with Procaster... but after a while, it said "Bandwith low... reconnecting."
Sign in to comment in this discussion.