The “Telltale Deck ‘o Cards” Project

Comments

• edited February 2011
    ...I wanted Fawful to do Morgan.

Nothing like a sign of disappointment hits you like a sniper bullet when you just wake up. Promise, man, I won't screw up :<
  • edited February 2011
    My 2 cents:
    5. Your card must contain the suit and number somewhere on its face. Where, or how large, is entirely up to you. Jokers can say “Joker” or have some other kind of indication without words, but must specify the color somewhere.

I would keep the location of the suit and number indicator consistent. Maybe how Spadge did it, although the design can vary.
    This makes the deck usable in real life. Otherwise people that start to use your deck have to locate the suit and number on every card.

Edit: Ofcourse for the aces this can vary, like how in RL the ace of spade is placed largely in the middle.
  • edited February 2011
    Can I get the ace of spades?
  • edited February 2011
    Dibs on Governor Elaine Marley for Queen of Clubs.
  • edited February 2011
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Can I get the ace of spades?

Sure. What character?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Poo. I was just about to ask for the Ace of Spades for Perducci. :p
  • edited February 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Nothing like a sign of disappointment hits you like a sniper bullet when you just wake up. Promise, man, I won't screw up :<

If it helps any, I'm extremely excited that you're doing Morgan.
  • edited February 2011
    I really wanna do Guybrush, but maybe he's better suited as a king? What is you guy's opinion? Actually

Edit: Jennifer can have ace of spades because she actually has an idea. I'll do a king of clubs Guybrush.
  • edited February 2011
    I know it's not gonna happen, but it would be amazing if Telltale released this deck in Poker Night as a patch once it's finished.
  • edited February 2011
    Done and done. Jennifer's got Ace of Spades, Perducci, and Tope's got King of Clubs, Guybrush.

We're a quarter of the way there! Seems like a number of main characters are yet to be claimed, too. Actually, a LOT are up for grabs. Like Marty, Young Doc, and Doc from BttF, Nelson Tethers, Sam (and possibly Max), LeChuck, Homestar, and Strongbad just to name a few.
  • edited February 2011
    i did say clubs
  • edited February 2011
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    i did say clubs

I type too fast for my own good sometimes. Fixed and added.

Also, I think whomever is doing the remaining Queen should make it Hugh Bliss. Just sayin'.
  • edited February 2011
    I had a hard time picking between Elaine, Momma Bosco, Wallace, Gromit, the Bones, Thorn, Grandma Ben, Graham, or Rick from the Walking Dead, but ended up going with Elaine.
  • edited February 2011
    If it helps any, I'm extremely excited that you're doing Morgan.

It does. A lot. Thanks man.

EDIT: By the way, I guess Elaine fits Queen of Hearts more. Should I switch to another Queen for Morgan before it's too late? Spades will do I guess, or Diamond?
  • edited February 2011
    I wanted Elaine to be the Queen of Diamonds due to pirates and treasure and her earring, but I don't know who picked diamonds already.
  • edited February 2011
    Edit: nevermind
  • edited February 2011
    Why edit instead of just deleting your post?
  • edited February 2011
    Duh. Someone is bound to pick Elaine... and I personally hope for Momma Bosco somewhere. But I have enough to do right now. ;)

Your wish is my command!

Dr. Momma Bosco for Queen of Spades, please. :D

Unless Falanca ends up switching to that instead. Spades does seem more fitting for Morgan, now that I think about it. Hmm ...
  • edited February 2011
    @ Falanca: I'm really excited to see your Morgan, too. Actually, I'm really excited to see everyone's stuff.

light_rises: I'll go ahead and mark you down as the reamining queen and Momma Bosco. If the four people doing the queen cards shift around which one they're doing, be my guest, so long as we end up with one of each. ^___^
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Here's my Perducci as the Ace of Spades card. :)

perducci.png

The full size image can be found at my deviantART page
  • edited February 2011
    This is an AWESOME idea, I love everything about it. Think I could snag the 2 of Hearts, along with Sexy Peepers from What's New, Beelzebub?
  • edited February 2011
    I wanted Elaine to be the Queen of Diamonds due to pirates and treasure and her earring, but I don't know who picked diamonds already.

That makes sense actually. At first I thought Morgan would fit hearts since her backstory heavily involves love, but, you know, Elaine is the love of the protagonist, so... But I guess it can stay that way.

I feel bad about not having Girl Stinky as one of the queens, though. She's a mermaid, I mean...
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Ohhhh... poor Sybil keeps getting kicked out of her card. :D

But I wanted Fawful to do a card, he does, so I'll budge.

Elaine gets my Diamond, and Sybil has to cope with Clubs.

And no offense, Falanca: You'll_do_great. ESPECIALLY with Morgan. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Wait, so which queen is which now?
  • edited February 2011
    Nothing is changed. I do Queen of Hearts.
  • edited February 2011
    Ohhhh... poor Sybil keeps getting kicked out of her card. :D

But I wanted Fawful to do a card, he does, so I'll budge.

Elaine gets my Diamond, and Sybil has to cope with Clubs.

And no offense, Falanca: You'll_do_great. ESPECIALLY with Morgan. ;)

I'm glad someone else is doing Morgan. I've done Morgan too many times. Since I got Elaine changed to diamonds, Tope wants Guybrush to be diamonds as well.
    edited February 2011
    This is getting complicated.

Nothing's changed for Falanca and light_rises.

The Queens are as follows:

Q Club: Vainamoinen, Sybil Pandemik
    Q Diamond: Secret Fawful, Elaine Marley-Threepwood
    Q Hearts: Falanca, Morgan LeFlay
    Q Spades: light_rises, Dr. Momma Bosco

In fact, Morgan as Queen of Hearts is QUITE fitting. I remember quite well that while Morgan developed as a character (and Elaine essentially didn't), people kept asking for Guybrush to actually dump Elaine. It was horrible. HORRIBLE. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    This is getting complicated.

Nothing's changed for Falanca and light_rises.

The Queens are as follows:

Q Club: Vainamoinen, Sybil Pandemik
    Q Diamond: Secret Fawful, Elaine Marley-Threepwood
    Q Hearts: Falanca, Morgan LeFlay
    Q Spades: light_rises, Dr. Momma Bosco

In fact, Morgan as Queen of Hearts is QUITE fitting. I remember quite well that while Morgan developed as a character (and Elaine essentially didn't), people kept asking for Guybrush to actually dump Elaine. It was horrible. HORRIBLE. ;)

And, by extension, Guybrush is now the King of Diamonds. Got it.
  • edited February 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    I think it's too big. Which is too bad, I really like it =/

Sorry 'bout the late reply - but I should have no problem fixing the size, so if you want it I'll get it done sometime this week :)
  • edited February 2011
    Ooh, I'll do a joker, and I'll use Biff Tannen if I can!

Scratch that, I want to do The Ace of Diamonds and Treasure Crab
  • edited February 2011
    As it stands now... all the diamonds are MI. Should the Jack be Winslow?

And, Ruby, you've got Red Joker Max.

We have almost all the face cards done!
  • edited February 2011
    So I was doodling around.

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp352/Falanca/queenmorgan.png

She looks like goth Princess Daisy, sorry about that. Also I used this style of mine but I'm not sure myself, it doesn't feel Morgan-ish.. If it's that bad I can do over, it's pretty fun to be honest.
  • edited February 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    So I was doodling around.

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp352/Falanca/queenmorgan.png

She looks like goth Princess Daisy, sorry about that. Also I used this style of mine but I'm not sure myself, it doesn't feel Morgan-ish.. If it's that bad I can do over, it's pretty fun to be honest.

Actually, that's ten kinds of awesome!
    edited February 2011
    You are SO raising the standard. ;)

If you're itching for more, I'd say take another pick! It's not like we're actually getting 54 people on board. As it stands, people will have to "get" that all the number cards in this deck supposedly are face cards as well. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    You are SO raising the standard. ;)

If you're itching for more, I'd say take another pick! It's not like we're actually getting 54 people on board.

Ah, thanks a lot!

I guess I'll wait for everyone to take their first choice, you know. Wouldn't like to stick my nose into someone's fave character. I mean, again.
    Actually, that's ten kinds of awesome!

Well, didn't expect thaat... Thanks!

Something about the size bugs me though. Did Photobucket resize it or something? I also gotta check the dpi again.
    I remember quite well that while Morgan developed as a character (and Elaine essentially didn't), people kept asking for Guybrush to actually dump Elaine. It was horrible. HORRIBLE. ;)
    Yeah, I was one of those people.
  • edited February 2011
    Here we go, all re-sized and what-not :) - joker_max_small_by_rubygloommel-d3a4p28.jpg

And if there's a shortage of people I've no problem doing another :)

And a link just in case - http://rubygloommel.deviantart.com/art/Joker-Max-Small-198413792
  • edited February 2011
    That's awesome!

The deck seriously gets to become the ultimate Telltale deck I wanted to see in Poker Night but couldn't.
  • edited February 2011
    It's been less than a day and we've already got four done, and sixteen people signed up! But we're seriously short on Bone, BttF, Jurassic Park, and their new licenses.
  • edited February 2011
    Aah, I want to take part in this, but after seeing everybody else's stuff, I don't think I could meet your standards!
  • edited February 2011
    Aah, I want to take part in this, but after seeing everybody else's stuff, I don't think I could meet your standards!

Dude: NOT A CONTEST. Please, please join in!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.