The “Telltale Deck ‘o Cards” Project

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I can't draw. I use photoshop filters for everything. Brace yourselves...

http://opensourcegreg.deviantart.com/#/d3a4v09
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2011
    But we're seriously short on Bone, BttF, Jurassic Park, and their new licenses.
    I can help with that if you don't mind me dipping in for seconds. :)

If there's no problem, I'll take a King of Clubs for King Graham. He definitely deserves to have a King card before they're all taken. :cool:
  • edited February 2011
    Man, mine isn't anywhere near as good as all these other cards. Thank god this isn't a contest.
    I am sorta proud of my tentacle hearts though.
  • edited February 2011
    I want to see Falanca do something else outside of MI. I have only seen him do those up till now, which were all great. Could you do 1 or 2 characters from BttF?
  • edited February 2011
    It's been less than a day and we've already got four done, and sixteen people signed up! But we're seriously short on Bone, BttF, Jurassic Park, and their new licenses.

Ya know, if you're running short on volunteers and people doing the new licenses I wouldn't mind doing a Fables card :) Is there an updated list of which cards are taken anywhere?
  • edited February 2011
    I think it'd be wise to hold off at least until we have some idea what characters/what art style TTG is going with for the new licenses.

WALLACE AND GROMIT DOES NEED LOVE THOUGH
  • edited February 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    I think it'd be wise to hold off at least until we have some idea what characters/what art style TTG is going with for the new licenses.

WALLACE AND GROMIT DOES NEED LOVE THOUGH

Both good points actually - better hold off on the new licenses before we see some kind of artwork.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd like to suggest the other Joker if it isn't taken to be Banang.
  • edited February 2011
    Ok. Here it is. Senor Cardgage as the King of Hearts. http://spinky1.deviantart.com/art/TellTale-Games-Playing-Cards-198430633

What do you guys think? I am open to suggestions.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm thinking of doing a card with Einstein, if he'd work.
    Not sure which card yet.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm thinking of doing a card with Einstein, if he'd work.
    Not sure which card yet.

http://www.random.org/ with min 2 max 10, then just pick your favorite suit, which should be the Spade because it's amazing.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Here's my King Graham as the King of Clubs.

kinggraham.png

The full version is at my deviantART page.

These are so much fun. :) I'd love to do more, but I already did two so I'll sit back and let other people have their go at making cards. But if you end up still needing cards later I'm definitely up for making more. :D
  • edited February 2011
    It's been less than a day and we've already got four done, and sixteen people signed up! But we're seriously short on Bone, BttF, Jurassic Park, and their new licenses.

I could do a Jurassic Park one if it's OK for me to do another card. How about a raptor as the jack of diamonds.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, I have an sketch of how I want my card to look like, I'll scan and post it later (it's too big so definitely not the final sketch ^^; )
  • edited February 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    So I was doodling around.

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp352/Falanca/queenmorgan.png

She looks like goth Princess Daisy, sorry about that. Also I used this style of mine but I'm not sure myself, it doesn't feel Morgan-ish.. If it's that bad I can do over, it's pretty fun to be honest.

You must put this on deviantArt so I can favorite it!

Coincidence? Somehow, I don't think so.
  • edited February 2011
    Origami wrote: »
    I want to see Falanca do something else outside of MI. I have only seen him do those up till now, which were all great. Could you do 1 or 2 characters from BttF?
    Actually, I've been thinking of that. I wouldn't hate doing Young Emmeth. Face cards are too much so Iunno, maybe I can put him in 8. Though I'm pretty busy these days so I guess I won't be finishing this the day after. But I guess I'll be taking the card for now. 3 weeks deadline is good stuff

Bartender, Young Emmeth for 8 of the clubs, please.

Oh and, I want Hayley the Hedgie to do a Papierwaite card. Not doing the card before my demand is fulfilled.
    You must put this on deviantArt so I can favorite it!

I'm so not confident about it, I started to think like people will go mad even if I draw stickmen or something.

I guess I'll update my dA page with that, the place has been deserted for a week or two :<
  • edited February 2011
    Spinky wrote: »
    Ok. Here it is. Senor Cardgage as the King of Hearts. http://spinky1.deviantart.com/art/TellTale-Games-Playing-Cards-198430633

What do you guys think? I am open to suggestions.

He needs to be stabbing himself in the head.
  • edited February 2011
    Alright, put me down with Einstein and the 8 of spades.
  • edited February 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »

oh me oh my are you good at drawing
  • edited February 2011
    I prefer to think of myself as mediocre. I'm definitely not good, but I won't lie and say that I can't draw well either.
  • edited February 2011
    OK, guys, I'm awake. I'll add everything I've missed.

Sunnyguy: Do you want me to clean that sketch up for you? The edges look a bit funny. The sketch itself is awesome, but when you photographed it or scanned it, the light didn't shine evenly.
  • edited February 2011
    By the way, could you put my Young Emmeth on 8 of the SPADES instead of CLUBS? I have a little itsy bitsy idea for spades, so...

EDIT: NVM done by Weeblerjake. It may stay in clubs.

Oh also, is symmetric pictures for number cards a good idea, or should it be used only for face cards?
  • edited February 2011
    Please, criticize me.

http://i52.tinypic.com/11hrzeu.png
  • edited February 2011
    By the way, could you put my Young Emmeth on 8 of the SPADES instead of CLUBS? I have a little itsy bitsy idea for spades, so...

Oh also, is symmetric pictures for number cards a good idea, or should it be used only for face cards?

Somebody horked spades for Einstein.
  • edited February 2011
    Eyes kinda look creepy. Kudos for the red and yellow gradient though. It's nice!
  • edited February 2011
    OK, guys, I'm awake. I'll add everything I've missed.

Sunnyguy: Do you want me to clean that sketch up for you? The edges look a bit funny. The sketch itself is awesome, but when you photographed it or scanned it, the light didn't shine evenly.

I'm tracing it on Photoshop so there's no need to, but thanks for the offer.
  • edited February 2011
    Eyes kinda look creepy. Kudos for the red and yellow gradient though. It's nice!

Ok, how do you think this looks?
    http://i54.tinypic.com/2rdl179.png

Any suggestions would work too. I'm terrible with eyes.
  • edited February 2011
    Lot better. My rendition of Einstein would be a lot more furry below his head but I think it's good enough.
  • edited February 2011
    @Weebler: I suggest getting rid of the white around the edges of the 8's. Then it'll be perfect!
  • edited February 2011
    Oh, geez, how'd I miss that?
    I'm headed to bed now, but I'll fix that tomorrow, and I might see what I can do to make him furrier.
  • edited February 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »

Really like how this one turned out. Really cool!

Well, I got two awesome ideas, and I come here to find both cards are taken! I'll be back...
  • edited February 2011
    Here is an updated version of my Senor Cardgage card. The "K" on the bottom of the card wasn't oriented correctly, so if you were holding the card upside down, both "K"s and hearts would be upside down. It's fixed now though.

http://spinky1.deviantart.com/art/UPDATED-Senor-Cardgage-198518643

Also, is it OK if I go ahead and do a JP raptor for the Jack of diamonds? If we want to leave it open for others thats fine, I just noticed no one is doing any Jurassic Park cards yet and I love doing dinosaur art.
  • edited February 2011
    I just realized something. If we're doing a 54 card deck here, we're going to need 55 images. Someone's got to design the back.
  • edited February 2011
    I just realized something. If we're doing a 54 card deck here, we're going to need 55 images. Someone's got to design the back.

That's smart thinking. I believe back design is the one requiring the most effort and consideration.

I say Hayley the Hedgie should do it. 8D
  • edited February 2011
    I want to do a T-rex for one of the kings, but I lack artistic talent.

or a raptor as the ace of spades.
  • edited February 2011
    Done.

http://fawfulhasfury.deviantart.com/art/A-Telltale-Queen-of-Diamonds-198534990

If anyone has any suggestions or critiques let me know. I used a couple of textures and the CaslonAntique font from Curse for the Q's. I hope that's allowed. D:
  • edited February 2011
    Done.

http://fawfulhasfury.deviantart.com/art/A-Telltale-Queen-of-Diamonds-198534990

If anyone has any suggestions or critiques let me know. I used a couple of textures and the CaslonAntique font from Curse for the Q's. I hope that's allowed. D:

That's the most greatest thing I've ever... Faved!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    GREAT. Damn, I have to finish my OTHER Sam & Max project before I get to this one. Good thing it's three weeks, and we will have to keep this thread alive anyway.

Maybe we could compile a "possible characters" list. That might make future artists' pick easier.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.