One of the 4's could certainly be:
    The C.O.P.S.

Also certainly "a character":
    the DeSoto

From the Tales, our favourite not-yet takens are:

Murray!! Can you believe it?

Anemone

Coronado de Cava

I'm going to be a dick and snag a second one, too. I'm calling dibs on Anemone for the 7 of Hearts. AND WHY IS THERE NO WINSLOW?

Also, I updated the first page. A lot. If I'm missing something, or there's something wrong, tell me!

Also, also, does the Geek count? I know she's not a Telltale used character, but I'm half done with the cosplay for her.
  • edited February 2011
    BANANG!

DeSinge

Wallace

Gromit

Narrarator
  • edited February 2011
    For the fun of it... I did one more. 5 of Diamonds, Flycatcher from Fables.
  • edited February 2011
    Hey, is it alright if I swap out my last Charlie Ho-Tep card for this new and improved one? Featuring a 75% more demented Charlie, a gradient heart, and properly arranged suits b/w numbers!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/lombre459/CharlieHotepCard2.png

Also his cheeks match up this time... :o
  • edited February 2011
    Ok, he's my final result. Use this one.
    http://i53.tinypic.com/24g8w3c.png
  • edited February 2011
    I've had a few ideas rattling around in my skull for a while. Put me down for Murray, 3 of Spades. Hopefully I'll have time to get it done.

P.S. If we're including Fables characters, maybe someone should draw Jack as...a Jack. (Jack of Hearts based on what's left.)
  • edited February 2011
    Okay, I must be out of my mind, but I'm going to try to sprite the C.O.P.S. (or if they count as separate characters, just Bluster Blaster) and put them on the 4 of diamonds.
  • edited February 2011
    Fireimps87 wrote: »
    I'll take Bosco for Joker of Hearts

There's no such thing as the Joker of Hearts. There' the Jack of hearts, and the Black Joker. Which one you want?
  • edited February 2011
    I.. I just realized that my Charlie Ho-Tep lacks ears. I'll fix that tomorrow. :o
  • edited February 2011
    I'm finding that I really suck at NES-style 8-bit sprites. I usually work in GBC-style 8-bit sprites, the difference being outlines. I felt that NES-style would be more appropriate, though. I may or may not be done with Bluster Blaster, and I'm not sure if I want to include Carol.
  • edited February 2011
    All finished. It's simple, but I think I pulled off the feel I was going for.

th_COPS4Diamonds.png
  • edited February 2011
    I believe that's more than just a simple addition to the deck; it's splendid. I love the retroness of that card, fitting everything about COPS. Good job Guru!
    I'm going to be a dick and snag a second one, too. I'm calling dibs on Anemone for the 7 of Hearts. AND WHY IS THERE NO WINSLOW?

Also, I updated the first page. A lot. If I'm missing something, or there's something wrong, tell me!

Also, also, does the Geek count? I know she's not a Telltale used character, but I'm half done with the cosplay for her.

Do you think Tycho and Heavy counts as Telltale characters?
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks! Trying to do spritework without outlines is a major pain in the ass when you're used to using them, but it's totally worth it to get that retro NES feel I wanted for the C.O.P.S.

And thanks to Vainamoinen for giving me the idea. Being limited to spritework, I was thinking the only characters it would feel fitting for would be someone from Homestar Runner. I'd completely forgotten about the C.O.P.S.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Whoa. Guru wins two internets, again!

...you know, there's ample possibility for more pixelated retro cards. ;)

Now I feel bad because I didn't start yet. Hope I finish project 1 this weekend, and next week's Sybil time.
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks! If there's a character you'd like to see, name it. I'm up for attempting another one if there's still enough cards for me to do a second one.
  • edited February 2011
    Can I have the 5 of Spades and "Randal Scruffman" from "Puzzle Agent"
  • edited February 2011
    prizna wrote: »

That's an obscure selection. I like it!
  • edited February 2011
    prizna wrote: »

Yes. Yes you can!
  • edited February 2011
    A two of clubs is what I need
    What I post now I hope you heed
    I picked a guy who is the lead

In a grim comic filled with dread
    He's been where Death himself has tread
    Give me Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead

Beeyotches-

-Ode To Give Me Whatever The Hell I Tell You To
    -By Secret Fawful, Master Poet

Lxltk.jpg

Why did I post this in rhyme? Because I can (and am epic bored), that's why.
  • edited February 2011
    When you are feeling bored, Iambic Pentameter is always the solution
  • edited February 2011
    BPytx.jpg

My Poetry teacher approves. He was also my science teacher, my math teacher, my literature teacher, my social studies teacher, my sex ed teacher, my history teacher- he was all of my teachers! I always meant to ask him about that but every time I brought it up he'd show me a mirror and I'd get so wrapped up in talking to myself, the only man who can keep up with me, I wouldn't think about it anymore.

And if you believe that one I'll tell you another.
  • edited February 2011
    Okay, here it is, my completed Charlie Ho-Tep card. I gave Charlie his ears back and also cleaned up some other details on the card. This should be the last time I have to change it.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/lombre459/CharlieHotepCardFinal.png

How's it look? Hopefully not too crappy...
  • edited February 2011
    Here is my card:

randalcomplete.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Huh, I didn't have that problem with Photobucket. Maybe try saving it as a .png file? It looks like you have some jpeg artifacts anyway. Really awesome work, though.
  • edited February 2011
    Huh, I didn't have that problem with Photobucket. Maybe try saving it as a .png file? It looks like you have some jpeg artifacts anyway. Really awesome work, though.

I just tried uploading it as a PNG like you suggested but it still reduced the pixels after it was uploaded. I don't know why it would do that.
  • edited February 2011
    That also happened to me. Weird. PNG doesn't solve it.
  • edited February 2011
    Huh, I wonder why I was okay, then. Maybe it's a file size thing, though I can't imagine how my card would have any less of a file size than Prizna's.
  • edited February 2011
    I just updated my card, I decided to make the 5 and spade look like bits of metal bolted together.
  • edited February 2011
    @ Prizna I really love the bolted-together-metal thing you did! Looks pretty cool :D
  • edited February 2011
    3 of hearts.

Nelson Tethers.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd just like to say the last Jack (Hearts) should be Flint Paper to fit the theme of the other Jacks.
  • edited February 2011
    nelson.png

Et voila!
  • edited February 2011
    @ Prizna I really love the bolted-together-metal thing you did! Looks pretty cool :D

• edited February 2011
    Nelson as the 3 of hearts!

I really do love how you draw Nelson. Do you have a Deviant Art account I can watch or something?
  • edited February 2011
    I just fixed the lines up on my card, they were to solid, I tried to make them look more "Grickle" like.
  • edited February 2011
    It took longer than I expected, but my raptor card is finally done. http://spinky1.deviantart.com/art/Jurassic-Park-Raptor-Card-198879544
  • edited February 2011
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I really do love how you draw Nelson. Do you have a Deviant Art account I can watch or something?

Thanks. I don't have a Deviant Art account, but I will likely set one up.
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry bout the delay, people. I'll update the front page. Internet's been spotty at best this past week.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.