Dvd now shipping!

edited February 2012 in Back to the Future
Now that BttF has wound down, newcomers probably remember that they are entitled to a free disc. Here's a quick FAQ on how you get it:

1. Make sure you bought it directly from Telltale. Only PC/Mac pruchases from Telltale's store qualify. iPad, PS3 and third party sites do not get a free disc.

-YOU CAN NOW SKIP STEP 2!-

3. Pre-order. This gives Telltale a good idea how many discs need to be pressed. If you don't pre-order, you'll still get your disc, but it will take more time. Telltale will put up a blog post when they are available.

4. Pay for shipping. The discs are free, but you will still have to pay for shipping. If you are not in the US or Canada, and you want a bunch of things from Telltale, it may be cheaper to have everything shipped at once, so keep this in mind, too.

5. More waiting!

6. Get your disc. Hug it and be nice to it. It won't bite, I promise.

Preorders are now available, in regular and limited edition Special flavors.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Well, I pretty much ordered from TellTale's site, and pre-ordered at that, so I guess I wait and pay for the shipping later or something?
  • edited June 2011
    Ashki wrote: »
    Well, I pretty much ordered from TellTale's site, and pre-ordered at that, so I guess I wait and pay for the shipping later or something?

Yep. They'll let you know when with a blog post (and an email as well).
  • edited June 2011
    Yep. They'll let you know when with a blog post (and an email as well).

Alright, thanks very much!
  • edited June 2011
    What's a disc? Is it some form of energy drink?
  • edited June 2011

It's like a download, but it has prettier packaging and you can carry it around with you or put it on a real life shelf.
  • edited June 2011
    Carrying around a download? Surely you jest!
  • edited June 2011

Destributing
    Internet
    Socks for
    Canadians.

Obviously.
    (not to be confused with Disco)
  • edited June 2011
    It's like a download, but it has prettier packaging and you can carry it around with you or put it on a real life shelf.
    lol couldn't you tell me was being sarcastic?
  • edited June 2011
    How much does shipping and handling usually cost on Telltale's games?
  • edited June 2011
    Masta23 wrote: »
    lol couldn't you tell me was being sarcastic?

You couldn't tell I was being facetious?
  • edited June 2011
    zelda42293 wrote: »
    How much does shipping and handling usually cost on Telltale's games?

Good quastion - how much does shipping cost from USA to European Union? ;)
  • edited June 2011
    Cez24 wrote: »
    Good quastion - how much does shipping cost from USA to European Union? ;)

I don't think I've ever paid more than about $5 (AUD) from Telltale. It's very reasonable postage.
  • edited June 2011
    Goodie. Now just wondering when they give us the preorder link or whatever for it. =D

Id be happy if they add higher quality voice samples to it. =D (Maybe the bug fixes)
  • edited June 2011
    Mysticales wrote: »
    Goodie. Now just wondering when they give us the preorder link or whatever for it. =D

Id be happy if they add higher quality voice samples to it. =D (Maybe the bug fixes)

Don't get your hopes up, they don't usually improve the voice samples.

I wonder if there'll be some sort of deluxe edition?
  • edited June 2011
    ah dammit i forgot all about shipping. i hope Telltale does another free shipping thing they've done once in a while
  • edited June 2011
    can't preorder disk... not yet implemented ?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Probably not. ;)
  • edited June 2011
    dagon wrote: »

Not yet in the past it usually takes a little time... after the season concludes for TTG to put something together and start taking disc pre-orders.
  • edited June 2011
    Maybe they will give us steam redeemable keys in the cd too, THAT would make a hardcopy awesome. =p Just glad I did get my game here so I can get the cd.
  • edited June 2011
    So it's basically the game on a disc? But I already have the game, I've already played it... am I missing something?
  • edited June 2011
    So it's basically the game on a disc? But I already have the game, I've already played it... am I missing something?

You don't have to have it if you don't want it. Yes, it's the game on a disc, with bonus features. Why is it useful? You can bring it to a friend's house to play. It doesn't need online activation.
  • edited June 2011
    Not only that, it will have a special hard box for it too. Shelf bragging right that you have it and others dont. Neener neener! (Also your BTTF Trilogy in the shelf wont be complete without it)
  • edited June 2011
    Mysticales wrote: »
    Not only that, it will have a special hard box for it too. Shelf bragging right that you have it and others dont. Neener neener! (Also your BTTF Trilogy in the shelf wont be complete without it)
    Personally, I'd sooner pity a man that owned it, but that's just me. Maybe I can find space for it next to E.T., Big Rigs, and Superman 64.
  • edited June 2011
    We know Dashing.... we know.
  • edited June 2011
    Personally, I'd sooner pity a man that owned it, but that's just me. Maybe I can find space for it next to E.T., Big Rigs, and Superman 64.

I think you have clearly made your point by now. It's fine that you don't like it, I'm just wondering why you feel you have to make that point in just about every post you make on here. You've got a lot of respect on this forum and it be a shame to see that go because of your quiet frequent posts that essentially repeat something you have already made perfectly clear.
  • edited June 2011
    dagon wrote: »

Read Step 2 in the original post. Keep reading it until Telltale announces that the discs are available for pre-order.
  • edited June 2011
    Molokov wrote: »
    Read Step 2 in the original post. Keep reading it until Telltale announces that the discs are available for pre-order.

Where did you find the information on the preorder/free disc?
  • edited June 2011
    Where did you find the information on the preorder/free disc?
    While the disc itself wasn't strongly advertised, it did show up in early pre-order blog posts like this one. The rest, like having to wait a bit for the actual disc and special features to be coordinated, and a pre-order page going up for the disc at a later date, is extrapolated from the fact that every other Telltale season to date has gone this way, and the fact that no pre-order page for the disc has gone up yet.
  • edited June 2011
    I've been a TTG customer since Sam & Max Season 1 was up for pre-order. This is how they do things. There is a period of time between the end of a season release and the disc release. Be patient. As divisionten advised, wait. If you've bought the whole season, you will get an email when the disc is available to order. Until that time, just wait :)
  • edited June 2011

Do you honestly have a shelf dedicated to games you hate?
  • edited June 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »

Im not really sure why but that statement made me laugh uncontrollably.
    Its like the parent who raised two doctors and one car thief... they still have to have their picture up on the wall for people to see when they visit.
  • edited June 2011
    does anyone know when the bttf the game dvd version comes out
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    does anyone know when the bttf the game dvd version comes out

Nope, it's all a big exciting mystery.
  • edited June 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Nope, it's all a big exciting mystery.

maybe i should ask doc and marty to give me a lift to see when its out
  • edited June 2011
    maybe i should ask doc and marty to give me a lift to see when its out

Or maybe you should just read the first post of this thread, very very carefully... You're still at step 2 (as is everyone else) at this point, unless you didn't order the PC/MAC version directly from Telltale. Step 2 will literally take months to get through.
  • edited June 2011

You sir, win the internet. :)
  • edited June 2011
    It's less "Games I Hate", and more "Games with Extremely Poor Design", games from which a person can learn a great deal about how NOT to make a game, about the mistakes that can lead to the creation of one of the worst titles ever developed(as Back to the Future: The Game obviously is). I personally hate Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, for example, but they don't fall into this category, as they aren't failures in almost every conceivable way.
  • edited June 2011
    Back to the Future: The Game

I actually hope you get this disc, for the sole purpose of scribbling out the words "The Game" with a sharpie
  • edited June 2011
    1. Make sure you bought it directly from Telltale.

2. Wait.

3. ????

4. Profit?
  • edited June 2011
    It's less "Games I Hate", and more "Games with Extremely Poor Design", games from which a person can learn a great deal about how NOT to make a game, about the mistakes that can lead to the creation of one of the worst titles ever developed(as Back to the Future: The Game obviously is). I personally hate Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, for example, but they don't fall into this category, as they aren't failures in almost every conceivable way.
    You could try some mods. A plentiful mod list makes Oblivion quite enjoyable, for instance.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.