Dvd now shipping!

Comments

• edited July 2011
    CAn i buy the disc still? I bought the game on ps3 :/
  • edited July 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    CAn i buy the disc still? I bought the game on ps3 :/

You can, but it will cost the price of the game.
  • edited July 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    You can, but it will cost the price of the game.

Actually to clarify, you will need to buy the PC/MAC version of the game through Telltale's store and when it's ready enough be able to pre-order a DVD with the PC/MAC versions of the game on it plus additional features (in the past with the disc releases for their other games, there have been cutscenes, concept art, developer commentaries, bonus videos, etc). The additional features (given previous examples) may or may not be accessed without the use of a PC/MAC. In other words, if you were hoping for a disc version of the PS3 games, keep hoping. If you wanted the PC/MAC versions on a disc with some extras, go for it.
  • edited July 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    Actually to clarify, you will need to buy the PC/MAC version of the game through Telltale's store and when it's ready enough be able to pre-order a DVD with the PC/MAC versions of the game on it plus additional features (in the past with the disc releases for their other games, there have been cutscenes, concept art, developer commentaries, bonus videos, etc). The additional features (given previous examples) may or may not be accessed without the use of a PC/MAC. In other words, if you were hoping for a disc version of the PS3 games, keep hoping. If you wanted the PC/MAC versions on a disc with some extras, go for it.

No I would like a PC Disk, are you saying that i need to buy the pc version now to get my disk? Or can I just wait for them to be made and get one mailed to me.
  • edited July 2011
    Nobody gets the DVD unless they purchased the PC version of Back to the Future directly from Telltale. You can only get it if you purchase the game a second time from Telltale's store, much the same way I don't get access to the PSN edition just because I own Telltale's version, you don't get a DVD just because you bought the PSN version.
  • edited August 2011
    that not fair I know that you have to buy the download but I really don't want to try buy this disk at 100x the price on ebay later down the road...!

The heck with it, if you can't let the ps3 guys get the game the I will buy my copy on ebay when it come out even if my computer can't handle playing games even if I have a copy of crysis sitting on my bookcase.
  • edited August 2011
    that not fair I know that you have to buy the download but I really don't want to try buy this disk at 100x the price on ebay later down the road...!

The heck with it, if you can't let the ps3 guys get the game the I will buy my copy on ebay when it come out even if my computer can't handle playing games even if I have a copy of crysis sitting on my bookcase.

what?
    It isnt collectors edition. The disk will always be on the store. It is not a limited time offer.
    And they also cant let the PS3 guys get the same. If they released a disk there, they have no way for you to prove you own a copy of the game and you would have to buy full retail anyway.
  • edited August 2011
    your misunderstanding me, My question is Can Buy the Disk without buying a pc download? Yes i own the Ps3 version. But I don't want to buy a PC version and Get a disk because then i would own 3 copys. I just want to buy the disk alone is that possible?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    your misunderstanding me, My question is Can Buy the Disk without buying a pc download? Yes i own the Ps3 version. But I don't want to buy a PC version and Get a disk because then i would own 3 copys. I just want to buy the disk alone is that possible?

Sorry, it just doesn't work that way - the price of the disc is the price of the PC game. You can't get it cheap just because you own the game on another platform (how would Telltale be able to verify that you already got it on PSN?). Buying the game directly from Telltale also gives them a bigger cut of the sale price, so it makes sense for them to encourage that by offering little incentives like the free DVD.

I think it's pretty fair... if they ever released a retail disc for PS3, I wouldn't expect to get it cheap (or free) just because I have the PC version of the game.
  • edited August 2011
    Question: Will Telltale email us TT version owners when the DVD is able to be ordered? Would make life easier then keeping tabs in the thread once in a blue moon heh.
  • edited August 2011
    Mysticales wrote: »
    Question: Will Telltale email us TT version owners when the DVD is able to be ordered? Would make life easier then keeping tabs in the thread once in a blue moon heh.

I was wondering that as well. I remember being emailed when the sam and max seasons were starting to ship, but I didn't get an email when BTTF episode 5 released and I was worried my spam blockers might be incorrectly stopping Telltale emails.

A simple email that won't be intercepted by ISP spam blockers would be appreciated, lol.
  • edited August 2011
    If the past goes to show, they will send e-mails (albeit probably not as soon as it's available but shortly after). As far as the spam blocker... good luck there. I personally have had no issues with my gmail blocking messages, but I can't pretend to speak for everyone.
  • edited August 2011
    Please forgive the double post, but I'm just wondering if anyone from the Telltale Team can fill us in on the status of things for the disc. We are now most definitely in the "late summer" season predicted earlier.
  • edited August 2011
    Please forgive the double post, but I'm just wondering if anyone from the Telltale Team can fill us in on the status of things for the disc. We are now most definitely in the "late summer" season predicted earlier.

They have moved warehouses so that may have delayed it. I'm looking forward to getting the disc though!
  • edited August 2011
    picnick wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to getting the disc though!

Me too! It will look great next to my BTTF 25th Anniversary Trilogy DVD Boxed Set!
  • edited August 2011
    I bought bother the pc version from telltale's site and the psn version on ps3. In this case will i have to purchase another copy for the disk or because i purchased the pc version through TellTale will i get the disk mailed to me at no extra charge?

Just want to get this clarified so i am not confused.
    Thanks
  • edited August 2011
    If you bought the PC version then you get the Disc. As long as a purchase was directly from telltale you get the Disc.
  • edited August 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    If you bought the PC version then you get the Disc. As long as a purchase was directly from telltale you get the Disc.

Awesome, thanks.

Can't wait to see it and all the bonus stuff. Much like dvds i love checking out bonus features because they just add so much more to an already great product and with back to the future you can't go wrong.

I would love to see this game in a movie style format for each episode or for all eps in one shot with commentary over it, i love that stuff, not to mention concept art, music and so on. Can't wait for it whenever it is ready :)
    edited August 2011
    axeman82 wrote: »
    I bought bother the pc version from telltale's site and the psn version on ps3. In this case will i have to purchase another copy for the disk or because i purchased the pc version through TellTale will i get the disk mailed to me at no extra charge?

The disc itself is free of charge, but you will need to pay postage.
  • edited August 2011
    picnick wrote: »
    They have moved warehouses so that may have delayed it. I'm looking forward to getting the disc though!

The moving of warehouses has nothing to do with any "delay" that may or may not exist. The warehouse move was announced BEFORE a late Summer estimate for the disc was given. I'm just curious to hear from the Telltale Team how true or untrue that estimate still is.
  • edited August 2011
    "Late Summer" doesn't have to be August. It could be September. Hell, where I live it's been warm well into October in the last few years.
  • edited August 2011
    "Late Summer" doesn't have to be August. It could be September. Hell, where I live it's been warm well into October in the last few years.

I'm just asking for a response from Telltale and not criticism from people like yourself. As a paying customer, it's really not too much to ask. Even a "we really don't know" would be more info than we currently have.
  • edited August 2011
    Maniac536 wrote: »
    I was wondering that as well. I remember being emailed when the sam and max seasons were starting to ship, but I didn't get an email when BTTF episode 5 released and I was worried my spam blockers might be incorrectly stopping Telltale emails.

A simple email that won't be intercepted by ISP spam blockers would be appreciated, lol.

We'll let you guys know when you can order the discs soon. And yes, it will be via email. :)
  • edited August 2011
    I'm just asking for a response from Telltale and not criticism from people like yourself.

That wasn't intended as a criticism.
  • edited August 2011
    The moving of warehouses has nothing to do with any "delay" that may or may not exist. The warehouse move was announced BEFORE a late Summer estimate for the disc was given. I'm just curious to hear from the Telltale Team how true or untrue that estimate still is.

That estimate is still accurate.
  • edited August 2011
    Or at least as accurate as estimates can be, right? =P
  • edited August 2011
    Or at least as accurate as estimates can be, right? =P

Right you are sir!
  • edited August 2011
    It all depends on when they consider summer to be over. :p
  • edited August 2011
    i just heard about an episode six...so does this delay a disc a bit?
    edited August 2011
    aexmachine wrote: »
    i just heard about an episode six...so does this delay a disc a bit?

There is definitely no episode six.
  • edited August 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/bttfthegame

this is where i heard this rumor...
    edited August 2011

o_O

All right, I take that back!
  • edited August 2011
    wait...what?
  • edited August 2011

percyjackson03.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    o_O

All right, I take that back!

Seriously?

I thought you were more discriminating than to mistake a fan-made Facebook page for the real deal!

It links to what looks like a Turkish fansite, the wording on the rumor is "May be possible episode 6!"(bad English grammar not fitting anything official), and it's obvious from all the Wall posts that this is a fan Facebook page run by a group of non-native English-speaking fans, people who would NOT know anything more than any other fan.

Seriously, you're a mod! People are going to trust your reactions over others, so you should really be more discerning than that!
  • edited August 2011

Seriously?

I thought you were more discriminating than to mistake a fan-made Facebook page for the real deal!

It links to what looks like a Turkish fansite, the wording on the rumor is "May be possible episode 6!"(bad English grammar not fitting anything official), and it's obvious from all the Wall post that this is a fan Facebook page run by a group of non-native English-speaking fans, people who would NOT know anything more than any other fan.

Seriously, you're a mod! People are going to trust your reactions over others, so you should really be more discerning than that!

That and on the "About page" it says "this is a FAN MADE page for BTTF the game, if your evidence wasnt enough.
  • edited August 2011
    haha...i didnt even read the info page...
  • I kind of figured they wouldnt do an extra episode, if it continues they'll do an entire season.
  • edited August 2011
    So just some fans reading too much into the To Be Continued...should've known. Ah well.
    edited August 2011

Seriously?

Oh dear... does this mean the timeshare I just bought in Guadaloupe is not legit either?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.