Dvd now shipping!

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Wait...how do you know that the Deluxe Edition cover is just a slipcover over the regular/real cover?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Wait...how do you know that the Deluxe Edition cover is just a slipcover over the regular/real cover?

Because Alan said so, and I believe he's a trustworthy man. :)
  • edited August 2011
    OUch.. that upgrade is expensive and painful. I'm torn.. on one side, I like feelies.. on the other, with international shipping my wallet will curl up and die.

I think i'll be waiting and just grab the regular dvd *sigh*
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Because Alan said so, and I believe he's a trustworthy man. :)

O.K.:)
  • edited August 2011
    The $20 upgrade pricetag is either an egregious, cynical overcharging of loyal fans or an error. The game is $25 and the upgrade to Deluxe is $20, giving us a $45 total. Those who buy the game AND goodies together pay $40, $5 less than people who already paid up-front for the game.
    While it's down, mind changing the fact that people who bought the game originally end up paying a $5 premium for goodies compared to a Johnny Come Lately that buys the Game+Goodies together? It's $40 total for newbies, $45 for people who bought the game previously. That's just not right.

...not that I personally want the edition(or even the disc itself), but it sets a bad precedent.
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    We already caught that and will be refunding anyone who paid too much. :)
    The price is $19.99 for the upgrade to the Deluxe Edition. Where are you seeing it say $14.99?

In this situation, we have:

Telltale as portrayed by Amy Lukima

Woah! Mathematical pricing error on our part. We'll fix the unfair pricing and refund anyone who paid too much.

OR

Telltale as portrayed by Alan Johnson

The price is what the price is. You, the dumbloyal fans are excellent sources of cheap, artificial, inflated revenuegiven a great discount of $5 less than the discount people who buy it all at once get!

*snip*
    No matter how right or wrong you may be, shout as much as you want... but shout politely, please :)
  • edited August 2011
    06doc3.png

I love Emmett's portrayal of himself in this picture.
  • edited August 2011
    Was your account actually charged? If the order went through ok on Telltale's side, you should see an invoice under the "Stuff You've Bought" section on your Games page. If not, email support@telltalegames.com for help (include any reference numbers you have handy).

its not in my invoice section but my paypal account was charged the "$63.39 USD" but my browser crashed on the screen where it says contact them if it takes an extreamly long time i did email them but sofar no reply ill email them again though see if i can get a faster response cause im pulling my hair out worrying that ive paid them and im going to get nothing :p
  • edited August 2011
    Telltale is very responsible when it comes to situations like these.
    however, it may take some time to respond due to the whole PAX thing.
    Don't worry. It's good that you wrote this on the forums.

Telltale staff will solve this asap. :)
  • edited August 2011

Telltale as portrayed by Alan Johnson

The price is what the price is. You, the dumbloyal fans are excellent sources of cheap, artificial, inflated revenuegiven a great discount of $5 less than the discount people who buy it all at once get!

Either the company is being both obscenely dickish and a liar, or Alan is a bumbling incompetent. I'm not sure which between the two is more believable, since both sound extremely likely from my end.

Ouch.

Bumbling and incompetent as I may very well be, the price structure for the Deluxe Pack is $19.99 for full season upgrades and $44.99 for a new purchase.

I'm really sorry you feel so negatively about the situation, and me personally, but honestly, getting vitriolic like that is kind of inappropriate.
  • edited August 2011
    Ouch.

Bumbling and incompetent as I may very well be, the price structure for the Deluxe Pack is $19.99 for full season upgrades and $44.99 for a new purchase.

I'm really sorry you feel so negatively about the situation, and me personally, but honestly, getting vitriolic like that is kind of inappropriate.
    So rather than drop the upgrade price by $5 and issue refunds(as was implied by Amy's original post), the decision was made to increase the full package by five dollars.

That sucks.
  • edited August 2011
    The $19.99 price is now correct. We thought we were going to do the $14.99 pricing on these but after we got the bill we realized that we'd actually be losing a large amount on each sale if stayed at that price.

Im on a mobile device right now so I can't go back to quote but a few responses:

We are not just trying to scam anyone. These end of season disc cost us a lot but we keep doing them because our fans like them and we want to keep you guys happy.

And do not attack any employees personally on this site. Alan and myself love these forums. If you look at our history you'll find we posts here well outside of business hours. We think of you all as the ttg family. Please show us the same respect.

I'm sitting at the airport right now but as soon as I get in front of a computer I'll reply to everyone.
  • edited August 2011
    Hey, for me, the Deluxe Edition was $20 and $13 for shipping, and I am a big fan of the Back to the Future Movies, and the Game (I liked the ride but now it's closed and the Blu-ray video doesn't give me much enjoyment)
    I consider BTTF the Game Back to the Future 4
    I did buy the Blu-ray of the movies and I love it
    and I am such a big BTTF fan the $33 for the Deluxe Edition and the $25 for the game was all worth the money :)
    I can't wait for my Deluxe Edition to come in the mail :D
  • edited August 2011
    So rather than drop the upgrade price by $5 and issue refunds(as was implied by Amy's original post), the decision was made to increase the full package by five dollars.

That sucks.

Dashing, I thought she was referring to the shipping in her most recent post.
  • edited August 2011
    Yesterday, when the Deluxe edition first hit the store (and nothing was really working yet) it did say $14.99 ... but given the technical problems with the store itself, it might just have been a mistake.

That's all well and good. And Telltale can keep my extra $5, so long as there is a promise of a 2nd Season. :)
  • edited August 2011
    The $19.99 price is now correct. We thought we were going to do the $14.99 pricing on these but after we got the bill we realized that we'd actually be losing a large amount on each sale if stayed at that price.

Im on a mobile device right now so I can't go back to quote but a few responses:

We are not just trying to scam anyone. These end of season disc cost us a lot but we keep doing them because our fans like them and we want to keep you guys happy.

And do not attack any employees personally on this site. Alan and myself love these forums. If you look at our history you'll find we posts here well outside of business hours. We think of you all as the ttg family. Please show us the same respect.

I'm sitting at the airport right now but as soon as I get in front of a computer I'll reply to everyone.

On your last post: the $19.99, was that covering the price of SHIPPING for the BTTF game ( Collectors or Deluxe Edition), or the price of the GAME itself? ?:confused:
  • edited August 2011
    Will the special Deluxe Edition cover be a cardboard slipcover like TMI's? Or is it simply an alternate regular DVD slip cover? I guess my question is, do we get both covers with the Deluxe Edition like we did with TMI?
  • edited August 2011
    So NOW I can upgrade from the BTTF game Collectors Edition to the Deluxe Edition, and only get charged $19.99 no more or less?:confused:
    You also have to pay for shipping.
    Will the special Deluxe Edition cover be a cardboard slipcover like TMI's? Or is it simply an alternate regular DVD slip cover? I guess my question is, do we get both covers with the Deluxe Edition like we did with TMI?
    I've asked the very same question a bit further up this thread, and Alan and Amy confirmed it's a slipcover, with the regular cover (my... ahem... preferred one) underneath.
  • edited August 2011
    xdreamer wrote: »
    that's all well and good. And telltale can keep my extra $5, so long as there is a promise of a 2nd season. :)

Amen!:)
  • edited August 2011
    I've asked the very same question a bit further up this thread, and Alan and Amy confirmed it's a slipcover, with the regular cover (my... ahem... preferred one) underneath.

Oh nice! Preferably without any ugly cutout cardboard characters on the back this time *fumes*. I've been wary about supporting this game any more than I have already by purchasing it in the first place, but I definitely want to support your amazing artwork, Laserschwert. Sometime when I have money....maybe.
  • edited August 2011

Which I like, cause I like both images.

Too bad it's a month away.

And yes, I know September starts next week, but I also know how these things work. Expecting disk to ship September 30th. lol
  • edited August 2011
    will there be a disc version for ps3 too?
  • edited August 2011
    andi1803 wrote: »
    Telltale has announced a retail release of Back to the Future: the Game, but it's not an arrangement like this at all. It's a separate release altogether(so you'd have to buy the game twice over) and it may not contain these same extras. As in, it will probably just be all the episodes on a disc with a basic menu.
  • edited August 2011

no its the pc only. I bought it for ps3 myself when it was new. I belive it says on the page where you order the game discs it says something at the bottom. When I bought the deluxe version yesterday they gave me the PC downloads as well as the hard copy which will come in the mail. So i now own 3 versions. :/
    edited August 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    no its the pc only.

This is not correct. At first the PS version was PSN only, but Telltale have announced a retail disc release for PS3. Unlike the PC/Mac disc, the PS3 disc is not a freebie for people who have already bought the game. It will be a whole separate deal.

So pretty much this:
    Telltale has announced a retail release of Back to the Future: the Game, but it's not an arrangement like this at all. It's a separate release altogether(so you'd have to buy the game twice over) and it may not contain these same extras. As in, it will probably just be all the episodes on a disc with a basic menu.
  • edited August 2011
    I'd probably go with wording more like "Not entirely correct". This particular disc and most likely these particular extras are quite likely PC and direct-from-Telltale-only(unless we hear otherwise), but the very fact that the game is on a disc is not something that will be exclusive to the PC platform.
    edited August 2011
    Basically:
    • The disc Telltale offers right now contains the PC/Mac versions of the episodes, plus some bonus content. The basic version, without the feelie extras, is free (plus cost of shipping) to people who already bought the game from the Telltale store.
    • There will eventually be disc versions for PS3 and Wii, but these are completely separate retail releases. If you wanted to get one of those discs, you'd have to buy the game again.
  • edited August 2011
    <<There will eventually be disc versions for PS3 and Wii, but these are completely separate retail
    releases. If you wanted to get one of those discs, you'd have to buy the game again.>>

in the telltale shop or will I all so get it in a other store?
  • edited August 2011
    <<There will eventually be disc versions for PS3 and Wii, but these are completely separate retail
    releases. If you wanted to get one of those discs, you'd have to buy the game again.>>

in the telltale shop or will I all so get it in a other store?
    Telltale may choose to sell the retail discs in their shop(and, since they're the publisher, they could do so no problem), but the intent of the retail disc release is to be able to get the game onto store shelves, and you could probably purchase this release from any major games-carrying retailer if you so chose.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2011
    ...and congratulations Laserschwert - you made the official cover artist after all. :)

Also, your poster is now available separately. A bonus honor!! :D
  • edited August 2011
    Like a fool, I got the Deluxe Edition just now.

Here's hoping the same kerfuffle doesn't occur as did with the ToMI Deluxe Edition.

By God, I hate shipping. Pre-order the series, pay $40 for the disc (and goodies, I'll admit) anyway :P oh well, thank god for having a job I suppose! (And yes, I know Telltale doesn't choose shipping prices, I'm not stupid)

However, I found it nice to have the option of two international shipping choices, with the better one being only about $2 or less more. Which is almost insignificant when dealing with $18 to $20, so I hope the shipping is good!

This looks like it might be good, however I really hope Telltale has gone back to their old ways and included the commentary episodes with the option of no commentary at all. I'd rather watch the episodes on my iPad than play them in a horrible way :D.
    edited August 2011
    ...and congratulations Laserschwert - you made the official cover artist after all. :)

Also, your poster is now available separately. A bonus honor!! :D

There's just something awesome about the combination of Telltale and talented Germans.
  • edited August 2011
    Talented Germans.
    Sounds like the title of a History Channel series...
  • edited August 2011
    Sounds like the title of a History Channel series...

If only Hitler had been as talented as you...
  • edited August 2011
    If only Hitler had been as talented as you...
    I'm not sure that would've been so great...

But that's quite a claim "Laserschwert: More talented than Hitler!"

Oh come one!
  • edited August 2011
    I'm not sure that would've been so great...

But that's quite a claim "Laserschwert: More talented than Hitler!"

Oh come one!

I, of course, mean it would be better if Hitler had been better at his art, then he might not have blamed the Jews for ruining his life and therefore everyone's life and potentially the Holocaust and WWII might never have happened.
  • edited August 2011
    Shipping was 13.50 today. Hoping I get like a 5 - 8 dollar refund. I don't need fancy shipping.
  • edited August 2011
    Man, what's with the shipping costs getting lower and lower?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2011

It's the TTG store lottery!!! :D :D
  • edited August 2011
    It should be working for everyone at this point. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT DOESN'T.

Doesn't work for me either :(

EDIT: Now I've read the rest of the thread. No $5 refund then for those who payed more?
  • edited August 2011

They're $15.85 for me. I'd prefer free shipping on +$50 orders better than the 15%...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.