Dvd now shipping!

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I just read a news post on the internet about Telltale and sony the BTTF game being put on a PS3 disc in October and-I-quoit from joystiq.com:

"Taking a cue from the subject matter of Back to the Future: The Game, Telltale and Sony are going to begin selling the episodic adventure game in an old-fashioned manner: boxed copies in stores. Telltale has 'expanded' its publishing agreement with Sony to include retail games, the first of which will be Back to the Future. The disc version will be released this October, at the same $19.99 price point as the digital version."

If you want to read it yourself go/click on this web page/link

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/24/ba...-ps3-wii-publ/

Or if you want a more detailed story, read this link:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBcQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.warpzoned.com%2F%3Fp%3D13074&ei=abJWTpieG4jnsQLz2LjGDA&usg=AFQjCNGuk00TqTWZ6SaYOuiu-xgQJZN06g

All I want to know is: Is it true or is it just a rumor giving false hope to hard core BTTF fans like me?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    I just read a news post on the internet about Telltale and sony the BTTF game being put on a PS3 disc in October [...]

All I want to know is: Is it true or is it just a rumor giving false hope to hard core BTTF fans like me?

It's broadly true, Telltale announced the BTTF PS3 disc on the blog yesterday. Don't know about the October claim though - the blog post says they're targeted for a "Holiday 2011 release".
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    it's broadly true, telltale announced the bttf ps3 disc on the blog yesterday. Don't know about the october claim though - the blog post says they're targeted for a "holiday 2011 release".

:):):):):):)
  • edited August 2011
    I am looking to buy the deluxe dvd release and since i am doing it through pay pal when i went to do check out i entered the amount for the total and now says it is processing to take it from my account, does this mean i will have to re-do the purchase process once it is done processing my money transfer? The reason i ask is because i don't want to miss out on getting this edition
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    It's broadly true, Telltale announced the BTTF PS3 disc on the blog yesterday. Don't know about the October claim though - the blog post says they're targeted for a "Holiday 2011 release".

:D Good enough for me! :D I'm just happy that it's true! :D
  • edited August 2011
    Hector: Badge of Carnage - Full Season $19.99
    Back to the Future: Deluxe Pack - Upgrade $19.99
    Puzzle Agent 2 $9.99
    Total: $49.97
    Plus shipping & handling (if applicable)
    "Spend an additional $0.03 and you'll save 15% on this entire order!

Total in your cart:
    $49.97
    Shipping:
    $15.85
    Grand total:
    $65.82

Ouch x2. Not that I can even use the 15% off sale anyways (parent away for a week, and I don't have a paypal of my own yet 0_o). I am going to wait a while and see what's done about shipping.
  • edited August 2011
    Hector: Badge of Carnage - Full Season $19.99
    Back to the Future: Deluxe Pack - Upgrade $19.99
    Puzzle Agent 2 $9.99
    Total: $49.97
    Plus shipping & handling (if applicable)
    "Spend an additional $0.03 and you'll save 15% on this entire order!

Total in your cart:
    $49.97
    Shipping:
    $15.85
    Grand total:
    $65.82

Ouch x2. Not that I can even use the 15% off sale anyways (parent away for a week, and I don't have a paypal of my own yet 0_o). I am going to wait a while and see what's done about shipping.

I have exactly the same cart :D
    (and I'm going to wait too, not interested in an 8 bucks disccount and then $15 shipping...)

Now I miss that free shipping code from the preorder forum that I didn't use...
  • edited August 2011
    Now that BttF has wound down, newcomers probably remember that they are entitled to a free disc. Here's a quick FAQ on how you get it:

1. Make sure you bought it directly from Telltale. Only PC/Mac pruchases from Telltale's store qualify. iPad, PS3 and third party sites do not get a free disc.

2. Wait. Telltale always adds bonus content to their discs, so it actually takes some time before they even put up the pre-orders.

3. Pre-order. This gives Telltale a good idea how many discs need to be pressed. If you don't pre-order, you'll still get your disc, but it will take more time. Telltale will put up a blog post when they are available.

4. Pay for shipping. The discs are free, but you will still have to pay for shipping. If you are not in the US or Canada, and you want a bunch of things from Telltale, it may be cheaper to have everything shipped at once, so keep this in mind, too.

5. More waiting!

6. Get your disc. Hug it and be nice to it. It won't bite, I promise.

[highlight]UPDATE FROM ALAN:[/highlight]

According to the BTTF game dvd cover trailer; it says that it will be available in September, but when will it ship to us within that month:confused:
  • edited August 2011
    According to the BTTF game dvd cover trailer; it says that it will be available in September, but when will it ship to us within that month:confused:

Just bet on the end of the month. That's usually how things end up going around here, even if they want it out earlier. ;)
  • edited August 2011
    I just pre-ordered the BTTF game for the PS3( as a disc), from Gamestop yesterday! :D
  • edited August 2011
    I see that the Deluxe Edition will have an initial run of only 2500 copies. With the word initial, that says to me that there will/may be more made in the future (no pun intended). Having already owned the game, I WANT to get the Deluxe Edition DVD. However, I have an issue. Recently, I've started to come under some hard financial times to the point where 19.99 (even without the high shipping costs) may be too much. So my main question is, how long will the "DVD upgrade offer" last? Will I be able to wait until the next manufacturing run when hopefully I'll be under better times? Or will the "upgrade offer" eventually end?
  • edited September 2011
    I see that the Deluxe Edition will have an initial run of only 2500 copies. With the word initial, that says to me that there will/may be more made in the future (no pun intended). Having already owned the game, I WANT to get the Deluxe Edition DVD. However, I have an issue. Recently, I've started to come under some hard financial times to the point where 19.99 (even without the high shipping costs) may be too much. So my main question is, how long will the "DVD upgrade offer" last? Will I be able to wait until the next manufacturing run when hopefully I'll be under better times? Or will the "upgrade offer" eventually end?

If there is another manufacturing run you'll totally still be able to do the upgrade.
  • edited September 2011
    As an aside, it appears that when you buy the Deluxe (might also apply to Collectors, not sure), you get all of the games for download immediately. That makes it a better deal, since you don't have to wait.

Unless something is quirky on my account anyway. I purposely did not buy the downloads after the Episode 1/Blu-ray debacle.
  • edited September 2011
    revelated wrote: »
    As an aside, it appears that when you buy the Deluxe (might also apply to Collectors, not sure), you get all of the games for download immediately. That makes it a better deal, since you don't have to wait.

Unless something is quirky on my account anyway. I purposely did not buy the downloads after the Episode 1/Blu-ray debacle.

That's the case with all of Telltale's games--if you buy the DVD, you also get the episodes to download in your account.
  • edited September 2011
    If there is another manufacturing run you'll totally still be able to do the upgrade.

So the upgrade pricing would never, ever "expire" for lack of better words, right?
  • edited September 2011
    Anybody know the "actual" release date for these DVD's??
  • edited September 2011
    Im looking forward to it!!! (deluxe)
  • edited September 2011
    That's the case with all of Telltale's games--if you buy the DVD, you also get the episodes to download in your account.

Since I don't see anywhere on the DVD ad that such is inclusive of the purchase, one would think that TellTale would be smart enough to market it to those who have never touched, or plan to touch, any of their other games and thus would never have known this to be the case.

I would also, if in their shoes, offer the console version as an alternate download when buying the DVD...and yes, they could do that, with a unique code for the PSN Store in your account. Don't know how much easier the console versions would be to control, and I think the Mac version on max res is preferred in my individual case, but more choice isn't a bad thing. Doing so would allow users to have the game on any platform they choose.
  • edited September 2011
    I've never played a DVD Version of a game from Telltale. Does the disc have separate installers for the episodes (You install the episodes one at a time, like the downloadable version), or are all 5 episodes installed at one time with 1 large installer?
  • edited September 2011
    All 5 (or 6 for S&M Season 1) are installed at the same time, and use one launcher.
  • edited September 2011
    All 5 (or 6 for S&M Season 1) are installed at the same time, and use one launcher.

... but we should clarify that the games are still separate episodes, not at all stitched together.
  • edited September 2011

That applies to the Windows versions. There's no launcher with the Mac versions -- the TOMI and Devil's Playhouse DVDs install separate applications, one for each episode.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm not sure if this question has been ask before in this thread or in any other part of the forums (if it has, then this post can be deleted), anyway, here's my qustion:

How will the "Back to the Future: The Game" Collector's and Super Deluxe Editions be sent to international customers and would the "Tracking" option be applied to all orders from outside the US, to ensure that the DVD reaches its destination safely.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm from Italy,when i ordered the Collector it says me (BAckorder),when i will receiv it?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I'm from Italy,when i ordered the Collector it says me (BAckorder),when i will receiv it?
    The DVD hasn't been released yet (it will be before the end of the month, but no exact date has been announced).
    You should receive an e-mail when it ships (to let you know that it was shipped) and from past experiences, you should receive it 2 to 6 weeks thereafter.
  • edited September 2011
    Just a quick update, rather than the Deluxe Edition's cover being a sleeve, similar to the Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition, it is a reversible slip cover that you can switch back and forth between the Deluxe (2 Docs) cover and the regular (Just Marty) cover.

The regular edition's slip cover is not reversible.
  • edited September 2011
    Just a quick update, rather than the Deluxe Edition's cover being a sleeve, similar to the Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition, it is a reversible slip cover that you can switch back and forth between the Deluxe (2 Docs) cover and the regular (Just Marty) cover.

Works for me!
  • edited September 2011

Whoa!!! Pretty Creative! Can't wait to get mine! Any idea on how close to shipping day we are, Alan?
  • edited September 2011

So is the Deluxe edition going to come in some sort of designed box to contain all the goodies?
  • edited September 2011
    BrendanK wrote: »
    So is the Deluxe edition going to come in some sort of designed box to contain all the goodies?

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-872

They show off the box here. It's rather nice-looking, actually
  • edited September 2011
    did the deluxe ship or not yet ?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2011
    No. According to Amy, it should be ready to ship next week.
  • edited September 2011
    Bigpsycho wrote: »
    did the deluxe ship or not yet ?

Good quastion, did it? I hope so...
  • edited September 2011
    Here's a good idea, why don't we completely ignore the post before ours saying that it hasn't quite shipped yet and hold out some false hope!
    <facepalm>

I seriously wonder about some people these days.

</facepalm>
  • edited September 2011
    Ekhm, I had only one minute before I went out, and I've just posted it, I didn't notice previous answer. Sorry if it's really big problem for you :p It happens, it doesn't mean that I do it every time :/
  • edited September 2011
    Can Alan or someone from the team please let us know how many Deluxe Editions are left? I may not be able to get it for a while, but I don't want to miss out on it completely. Please let me know if I should get it right now (going like hotcakes) or if I can probably wait a couple months. Thanks.
  • edited September 2011
    markeres wrote: »
    Can Alan or someone from the team please let us know how many Deluxe Editions are left? I may not be able to get it for a while, but I don't want to miss out on it completely. Please let me know if I should get it right now (going like hotcakes) or if I can probably wait a couple months. Thanks.

Significantly more than half of the Deluxe Editions of Back to the Future: The Game have been sold.
  • edited September 2011
    Significantly more than half of the Deluxe Editions of Back to the Future: The Game have been sold.
    Whoa!! Didn't think they would sell that fast! :eek:
  • edited September 2011
    I thought they would sell instantly.... new BTTF memoriblia. In the future I forsee these going for big money on Ebay to future fans who probaly arn't even born yet.
  • edited September 2011
    markeres wrote: »

At the current rate we should be out of them by the end of the month.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.