Dvd now shipping!

1101112131416»

Comments

• edited November 2011
    They've got problems, but the "DELUXE EDITION ALSO AVAILABLE" is still on top of page. What's wrong with Telltale ? They have problems or it's available, but both is impossible. If they still getting orders, we'll never get ours.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ORDERS UNTIL YOU SEND ALL THE OTHERS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU GOT PROBLEMS.
  • edited November 2011
    STILL NOTHING :/ I'm still waiting for shipping to Poland :( I payed for First Class Mail International. I won't make the same mistake twice, so I ordered Jurassic Park with more expensive Priority Mail International. I hope I'll get the game in ONE WEEK!!!
  • edited November 2011
    Cez24, don't forget international shipping can take up to six weeks. To Australia, I managed to get the package in under 4 weeks, even though according to my orders page, it was shipped on Dec 31, 1969, so it really took 42 years to get here ;)
  • edited November 2011
    I understand that it can take weeks, but why so many weeks? Once I bought on Ebay movie from Australia! And I get it after 10 days... So it is possible to get it faster :/
  • edited November 2011
    wow got mine in today without a shipping notification
  • edited November 2011
    Well I got mine a few weeks ago but I really feel sorry for the people still waiting Telltale should be more organized but as a small amateur company I cant blame them...
  • edited November 2011
    This whole thing SUCKS!!!! I ordered my deluxe-edition on October 1st, and still got no damm news, what's up telltale games...

How long i have to wait to receive my deluxe pack.....

I'll be waiting for a miracle!!!
  • edited November 2011
    It says, RIGHT ON THE ORDER PAGE FOR THE DELUXE EDITION, that they're having trouble getting all of these out the door. Just wait. I have to wait the longest, because I decided to include mine with a copy of Jurassic Park. With international AND holiday shipping, I'm gonna be lucky to see it before February.
  • edited November 2011
    Since I imagine not everyone pokes around every corner of the site, this is what Michael said yesterday on the support forum:
    All orders from August and September have now been shipped. Orders from October began shipping today, and will ship out through the end of the week. Everything should be caught up by Friday.

Again, please keep in mind that our system doesn't update shipping status or provide tracking numbers until we've received the information from our warehouse. It's sent in batches, and can take a few days, so if your order status hasn't updated yet, that doesn't necessarily indicate that the order hasn't shipped.
  • edited November 2011
    I am still waiting for mine, its been almost two months.
  • edited November 2011
    Gess when mine shipped guys ? That's right, December 31, 1969. What does this date mean ?
  • edited November 2011
    Chapmic wrote: »
    Gess when mine shipped guys ? That's right, December 31, 1969. What does this date mean ?

There seems to be a long-standing glitch with Telltale's shopping cart that lists December 31, 1969 as the ship date. I'm not quite sure what triggers it (preorders? length of order?), but the reason is fairly well-known: somewhere the "date" value is being set to 0, which -- in Unix -- is "December 31, 1969." See this article for a bit more detail on exactly what's happening.

Mind you, I have no idea as to the underlying reason why their shipdates are being set to 0... that's outside my ability to check as an outsider. :-)
  • edited November 2011
    But what's more important: the email of acknowledgement that the order is on its way. I've received mine today :eek: , and I hope that it's a good sign that I will get my package soon. :D
  • edited November 2011
    Finally got the mail that it has been send, will be wondering when it gets here in the Netherlands.

Detailed Results:

Processed Through Sort Facility, November 02, 2011, 6:49 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
    Arrived at Sort Facility, November 02, 2011, 6:49 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 01, 2011
    Dispatched to Sort Facility, October 31, 2011, 6:18 pm, LOUISVILLE, CO 80027
    Acceptance, October 31, 2011, 4:03 pm, LOUISVILLE, CO 80027
  • edited November 2011
    I received notice today that my item had shipped, and a few hours later I received the item as well. (For the record, I ordered my August 31.)

At a quick glance I'm relatively happy with it. The box is sturdier and cooler-looking than I was expecting. The other "feelies" are pretty interesting (if a bit insubstantial). I'll need to see how good the extras on the DVD are.

In all, I'm not thrilled by the way things turned out (especially the lack of communication), and I'm not certain yet if I'll be springing for the Jurassic Park set, but I'm also not going to be holding a grudge against Telltale until the end of days because of this. :-)
  • edited November 2011
    I received notice today that my item had shipped, and a few hours later I received the item as well. (For the record, I ordered my August 31.)

At a quick glance I'm relatively happy with it. The box is sturdier and cooler-looking than I was expecting. The other "feelies" are pretty interesting (if a bit insubstantial). I'll need to see how good the extras on the DVD are.

In all, I'm not thrilled by the way things turned out (especially the lack of communication), and I'm not certain yet if I'll be springing for the Jurassic Park set, but I'm also not going to be holding a grudge against Telltale until the end of days because of this. :-)

Likewise! I'm just stoked it finally came! Now I get to go make the manager at the local Gamestop cry cuz she missed the ordering window! MWAHAHAHAHA!
  • edited November 2011
    I ordered on September 23th an still no shipping notification.
    I just don't know what's going on there...

It's not like I need the deluxe edition that badly, but it's just frustrating not knowing whether you'll get it or not. Especially when you paid so much for it...
  • edited November 2011
    If you ordered in September, it has shipped. We may not have gotten the tracking information from our warehouse for it yet, but any order from September has definitely gone out.
  • edited November 2011
    I pre order mine in august. And it's still being processed. Terrible service.
  • edited November 2011
    Novemeber 5th 1955
  • edited November 2011
    I got my game on Friday... And you know what? Now I know why I waited so long. I posted here many times, that it's strange that I waited so many weekens for my game. I blamed Telltale and USA International Air Shipping. But... It's fault of post office in Poland, in my city!

I came to my post office with notification from my mailbox that there is some package to take. And there they told me that they waited 2 weekes for me! Postman forgot to put notification in my mailbox, and after 2 weeks I got 2nd notification - for me it was first. So I can see now that package was sent from USA in October 7, polish post office got it in October 17! And I waited till November 2nd to notification... DAMN :/
  • edited November 2011
    Finally got mine today. I put my three movies DVDs in the box to make it the "Super Deluxe Edition".
  • edited November 2011
    Cez24 wrote: »
    I got my game on Friday... And you know what? Now I know why I waited so long. I posted here many times, that it's strange that I waited so many weekens for my game. I blamed Telltale and USA International Air Shipping. But... It's fault of post office in Poland, in my city!

I came to my post office with notification from my mailbox that there is some package to take. And there they told me that they waited 2 weekes for me! Postman forgot to put notification in my mailbox, and after 2 weeks I got 2nd notification - for me it was first. So I can see now that package was sent from USA in October 7, polish post office got it in October 17! And I waited till November 2nd to notification... DAMN :/

*head-desk* Oh lord, that's worse than the US Postal Service. I guess what Doc Brown said is true. The post office isn't as efficient as the weather service.
  • edited November 2011
    Hey what is going on with Back to the Future Deluxe package, still waiting for the package, let me know what is going on here. I emailed and say they are getting the order in, but it is almost 2 months. This is stupid, I ordered the day the email came in about the product coming out. And now I am waiting for it since Aug 29th?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    chazb wrote: »
    Hey what is going on with Back to the Future Deluxe package, still waiting for the package, let me know what is going on here. I emailed and say they are getting the order in, but it is almost 2 months. This is stupid, I ordered the day the email came in about the product coming out. And now I am waiting for it since Aug 29th?
    FYI, you've actually only been waiting for it since September 29 as it was a pre-order and that's the day when the game started shipping.

The current situation, according to a Telltale customer representative (posted on November 1) is as follows:

"All orders from August and September have now been shipped. Orders from October began shipping today, and will ship out through the end of the week. Everything should be caught up by Friday.

Again, please keep in mind that our system doesn't update shipping status or provide tracking numbers until we've received the information from our warehouse. It's sent in batches, and can take a few days, so if your order status hasn't updated yet, that doesn't necessarily indicate that the order hasn't shipped."

In other words, since you ordered in August, your order has been shipped and should get to you very soon (or in not too long if you live outside the USA).
  • edited November 2011
    Finally got mine. The wait was ridiculous. Although I am pleased I am actually getting it. And I doubt the 1969 thing is a glitch so we may be seeing Marty's past in a sequel.
  • edited November 2011
    Mine arrived yesterday but package was too big to fit thru the letterbox. Picked it up from the post office today. Chuffed :)
  • edited November 2011
    I really want to show the Tiff Tannen and Ricky Strickland artwork. Am I allowed to post it?
  • edited November 2011
    Rtboh wrote: »
    I really want to show the Tiff Tannen and Ricky Strickland artwork. Am I allowed to post it?

I don't see why not. Maybe you should post it in the fanart thread though.
  • edited November 2011
    Just ordered mine on the 16th, hopefully it won't take forever to get here.
  • edited November 2011
    I don't see why not. Maybe you should post it in the fanart thread though.

For starters, it's not fan art, it's concept art for characters done by Telltale's artists. Also, it's only available on the DVD as a bonus and incentive for actually getting the disc. I know I wouldn't exactly be thrilled about something I paid for being distributed for free to the masses. All I can say is to use your best judgement here, and think about what if any potential consequences can come of it.
  • edited November 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    For starters, it's not fan art, it's concept art for characters done by Telltale's artists.

I'm sorry; I misunderstood the original user's post. I thought Rtboh wanted to upload his own works of art featuring Tiff Tannen and Ricky Strickland as opposed to the official concept work.

Kindly disregard my last post.
  • edited February 2012
    This game is like BACK TO THE FUTURE lV in my personal opinion.

Sincerely,
    Skianbeerfist :cool:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.