Dvd now shipping!

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Um, my Deluxe Edition shipped, and...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2780&stc=1&d=1317963857

I mean, props to Telltale for shipping my DVD earlier than I expected, but will all this timestream mumbo jumbo affect my payment? :P
  • edited October 2011
    Mine hasn't shipped yet, just says

Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.

The wait!
  • exoexo
    edited October 2011
    Today I received my "deluxe" Back to the Future season dvd in the mail. While I could have had the season for the cost of shipping, i often opt to upgrade due to the fun knick-knacks included with the deluxe editons. Tales from Monkey ilsand is a great example of a set that added all kinds of fun things. This set is not.

For an extra $20 I got a card board box, a scrap of paper with a flux compression on it, a character book, a postcard from calgary, and some scraps of paper with 'ideas for the science fair' or something on them. In other words, I got a bunch of scrap paper in a cardboard box.

The extras here aren't worth 5 dollars, let alone 20.. If you packaged up these items and tried selling it in a store, NO ONE would buy this.

If you look at my account I own just about every game ever released (except maybe Bone), with the deluxe editions and I have always been happy with my purchase - but this is simply ridiculous.

If this is how you reward people who preorder your seasons at full price (instead of waiting for your holiday sale where you can get entire seasons for like $5), then I am done. I'll just wait until your games are a few dollars, forget the dvd and forget the over priced extras.
  • edited October 2011
    September 2nd. I pre ordered the whole series last December.

I really resent being treated like this now and if they keep ignoring me will probably have to do something about it.

In response to the other post, no reputable company takes the money for a pre order until the goods are in stock. Telltale snatches your money and then totally ignores you. Terrible terrible service.

I'm sorry you're upset about this. Some companies take your money at time of shipping. It has nothing to do with be reputable. Now, there were literally thousands of orders. It take a little time to catch up. If you're missing part of your order than email support. And at busy times like this it can take me a few days to get back to you.
  • edited October 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're upset about this. Some companies take your money at time of shipping. It has nothing to do with be reputable. Now, there were literally thousands of orders. It take a little time to catch up. If you're missing part of your order than email support. And at busy times like this it can take me a few days to get back to you.

I've sent 4 emails now and it's been weeks in total they just won't answer me. Going on for 2 weeks of "processing" I'm not missing part of the order I'm missing the whole order.

I really resent being ignored and treated this way and frankly if someone won't even do me the courtesy of checking my order for me after I've asked multiple times then under Uk laws I can have my card issuer return my money and mark the transaction as fraudulent. Rest assured I won't be buying anything direct from Telltale again.

Why let it get to this instead of just talking to me? All I want is someone to check my order and tell me when, if at all, it will be shipped and arrive. I even paid extra for "priority shipping" this is a joke.
  • edited October 2011

Will we get an email confermation, on when the dvd will be shipped and when it will arive?:confused:
  • edited October 2011
    I've sent 4 emails now and it's been weeks in total they just won't answer me. Going on for 2 weeks of "processing" I'm not missing part of the order I'm missing the whole order.

I really resent being ignored and treated this way and frankly if someone won't even do me the courtesy of checking my order for me after I've asked multiple times then under Uk laws I can have my card issuer return my money and mark the transaction as fraudulent. Rest assured I won't be buying anything direct from Telltale again.

Why let it get to this instead of just talking to me? All I want is someone to check my order and tell me when, if at all, it will be shipped and arrive. I even paid extra for "priority shipping" this is a joke.

There's a chance it went in their spam box and they didn't see it.
  • edited October 2011
    exo wrote: »
    Today I received my "deluxe" Back to the Future season dvd in the mail. While I could have had the season for the cost of shipping, i often opt to upgrade due to the fun knick-knacks included with the deluxe editons. Tales from Monkey ilsand is a great example of a set that added all kinds of fun things. This set is not.

For an extra $20 I got a card board box, a scrap of paper with a flux compression on it, a character book, a postcard from calgary, and some scraps of paper with 'ideas for the science fair' or something on them. In other words, I got a bunch of scrap paper in a cardboard box.

The extras here aren't worth 5 dollars, let alone 20.. If you packaged up these items and tried selling it in a store, NO ONE would buy this.

If you look at my account I own just about every game ever released (except maybe Bone), with the deluxe editions and I have always been happy with my purchase - but this is simply ridiculous.

If this is how you reward people who preorder your seasons at full price (instead of waiting for your holiday sale where you can get entire seasons for like $5), then I am done. I'll just wait until your games are a few dollars, forget the dvd and forget the over priced extras.

They showed what it was going to be on the website. Why did you buy it if you don't want it?
  • exoexo
    edited October 2011
    As stated in my original message, I have bought every dvd & special edition they have released so far. I had no reason to believe this one would be such a disappointment.
  • edited October 2011
    As stated in my original message, I have bought every dvd & special edition they have released so far. I had no reason to believe this one would be such a disappointment.

Except it stated exactly what was coming in the package. Frankly, I found the stuff neat, if a bit odd in one case. Namely the date on the box being 1986, yet the little booklet from the Hill Valley Historical Society was from 1865-1990. Not to mention some inaccuracies in the booklet itself, ie. Stanford S. Strickland instead of the game's Gerald Strickland and Eckhart Brown instead of Erhardt Brown.
  • edited October 2011
    There's a chance it went in their spam box and they didn't see it.

Or far more likely that they DID in fact reply and it went to his spam box. That's a known issue with support e-mails.
  • edited October 2011

First, you didn't even order the deluxe till the 2nd of September. I ordered more than a full week ahead of you on the 23rd of August and I'm still processing. Do you see me throwing a hissy fit? I could understand you being upset if they said everything has been shipped out and you still haven't heard a peep either here or in e-mail. I still wonder if in fact you did get replies that were just caught by your spam filter. Also, you can't have a transaction marked fraudulent that will indeed produce merchandise. If you truly wanted it shipped out first thing, you should have pre-ordered as soon as it was announced. Do you not realize they are a small company and there have literally been over 1700 orders for this placed? That many have in fact inquired numerous times like yourself essentially burying them in a flood of e-mails? You can't cry fraud for your lack of anything resembling patience!
  • jweir wrote: »
    First, you didn't even order the deluxe till the 2nd of September. I ordered more than a full week ahead of you on the 23rd of August and I'm still processing. Do you see me throwing a hissy fit? I could understand you being upset if they said everything has been shipped out and you still haven't heard a peep either here or in e-mail. I still wonder if in fact you did get replies that were just caught by your spam filter. Also, you can't have a transaction marked fraudulent that will indeed produce merchandise. If you truly wanted it shipped out first thing, you should have pre-ordered as soon as it was announced. Do you not realize they are a small company and there have literally been over 1700 orders for this placed? That many have in fact inquired numerous times like yourself essentially burying them in a flood of e-mails? You can't cry fraud for your lack of anything resembling patience!

I purchased mine August 23rd as well and am one country north. I'm not panicking at all. I knew the situation; the only way to get the deluxe edition was to pre order. Wouldn't be the first thing I paid for which I didn't get for months. My local gamestop allows you to pre order games up to a year in advance.

Telltale is good about being true to their word, they've never been late on a release date and in the case of Jurassic Park they refunded immediately.
  • edited October 2011
    Mine shipped 2 days ago. Tracking says its in my state! New jersey. I should get it tommrow!
  • edited October 2011
    I sadly missed out on the dvd, I bought the whole series for pc, so all I had to do was pay for shipping, but I don't even have 7 buck to my name, my family took it all,..every Dime. so i'm pretty much broke, sad because I really wanted this dvd, so please someone post some of the goods on Youtube.. any art or anything, thank you.
  • edited October 2011
    I purchased mine August 23rd as well and am one country north. I'm not panicking at all. I knew the situation; the only way to get the deluxe edition was to pre order. Wouldn't be the first thing I paid for which I didn't get for months. My local gamestop allows you to pre order games up to a year in advance.

Telltale is good about being true to their word, they've never been late on a release date and in the case of Jurassic Park they refunded immediately.

I totally know all this, you're preaching to the choir. jameswinder on the other hand... Wonder if they are in their teens, if so it would explain a lot.
  • edited October 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    I totally know all this, you're preaching to the choir. jameswinder on the other hand... Wonder if they are in their teens, if so it would explain a lot.

I think he was more like backing up your post.

Got mine today, watched all the commentary tracks. Neat stuff.
  • edited October 2011
    Received my DVD. all is well !
    Got the postcard, the notebook, the dvd and various stuffs
  • exoexo
    edited October 2011
    Look, I click the link that says get your free season dvd. During checkout it asks if I want to upgrade. So I did. Believe me, i'll never buy anything blindly from these guys again. I used to think they had a lot of pride in their series and understood what made the 'feelies' important. This clearly demonstrates they don't and I can no longer implicitly trust their judgement.

I was never disappointed in the past. Beyond the wasted money i am just as upset to see such a lackluster "deluxe" edition.
  • edited October 2011
    Received my DVD. all is well !
    Got the postcard, the notebook, the dvd and various stuffs
    How is the quality, any inaccuracies?
  • edited October 2011
    STILL processing... jeez how hard is it to ship a game. Hurry up telltale you said it would be ready back in september and its october now!!
  • edited October 2011
    Well, the status is apparently lying to some of us at least. My order still shows processing and I've received no e-mail of shipment, but yet I'm holding it in my hands as we speak. And jameswinder, their exact statement was "EXPECTED ship date: September 2011 (emphasis my own)." They did in fact begin shipping things in September, but you ordered well over a week into the start of the order window, so you just gotta sit tight and shut up and wait, or tell them to cancel your order. You still have that option as long as it hasn't actually shipped. We're all tired of your sob stories, or I at least am.
  • edited October 2011
    Sorry about your apparent gype. If you're unhappy with the bonus goodies then you could always send them to pure strangers like me.
  • edited October 2011
    Mine arrived yesterday. I like it.

Also, something I noticed: My shipping email arrived two days after it shipped, and my Games page says that as well.

I dunno, but yeah.
  • edited October 2011
    How is the quality, any inaccuracies?

I could take a picture. probably, but everything is like in the description video.

So far, so good.
  • edited October 2011
    jweir you really need to mind your own business and get over yourself. "Mr brain the size of a planet" and "there's far too much to say about me". People have a right to their opinions and to express their views. Keep your sad brown nosing to yourself from now on your views are totally irrelevant to me. Thanks.
  • edited October 2011
    I just received my Deluxe Edition today. I'm a little disappointed that there was no slipcover as previously discussed on the forums.

After watching the blog video of what the Deluxe Edition comes with again, everything I received was exactly as shown, so I can't really complain.

Considering companies don't make games like this any more or rarely package games with these types of goodies at a reasonable price, I'm satisfied with my purchase. Thanks Telltale!

P.S. This Deluxe Edition game goes great with my Limited Edition of the Blu-Ray!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Future-Trilogy-Limited-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B003U5UQCE
  • edited October 2011
    When did you order it and where do you live? Grats on getting it. I hope the rest of us will eventually be so lucky! I've got the Bluray set too :)
  • edited October 2011
    christhn wrote: »
    P.S. This Deluxe Edition game goes great with my Limited Edition of the Blu-Ray!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Future-Trilogy-Limited-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B003U5UQCE

Hehe i got that as well i love the blu ray collectors item its the coolest back to the future item i have :D
  • edited October 2011
    WHats the the deal with the last page of the book?

1990 New *blank*???

i don't know how to hide things but if you own it u know what i mean.
  • edited October 2011
    jweir wrote: »

You took the words right out of my mouth brother. Honest to God, all these people bitching about "Oh it hasn't come immediately yet" are just pissing me off. Seriously, TTG is not a big company by any means, AND they now have more than 1700 orders to fill out, but these people are treating them like they are a huge company like gamestop. I made my order on september 24, and I'm not complaining at all. Why? because I know the situation and I'm doing a little thing called patience....something certain people need to learn
  • edited October 2011
    Look, I click the link that says get your free season dvd. During checkout it asks if I want to upgrade. So I did. Believe me, i'll never buy anything blindly from these guys again. I used to think they had a lot of pride in their series and understood what made the 'feelies' important. This clearly demonstrates they don't and I can no longer implicitly trust their judgement.

I was never disappointed in the past. Beyond the wasted money i am just as upset to see such a lackluster "deluxe" edition.

You buying something without even checking what it is isn't Telltale's fault.
  • edited October 2011
    Sinncrow wrote: »
    You took the words right out of my mouth brother. Honest to God, all these people bitching about "Oh it hasn't come immediately yet" are just pissing me off. Seriously, TTG is not a big company by any means, AND they now have more than 1700 orders to fill out, but these people are treating them like they are a huge company like gamestop. I made my order on september 24, and I'm not complaining at all. Why? because I know the situation and I'm doing a little thing called patience....something certain people need to learn

Look if it's upsetting you so much then stop looking on here. Obviously some of us just aren't happy and we want to express in the hope of trying to get Telltale to do the right thing and respond to us.

You bleating on about how perfect and patient you are isn't gonna change anyone's mind and frankly nobody cares how frustrated and pissed off you're getting over a message board. Why don't you and your "brother" meet up and sit around talking about how great you are and leave us alone?
  • edited October 2011
    Look if it's upsetting you so much then stop looking on here. Obviously some of us just aren't happy and we want to express in the hope of trying to get Telltale to do the right thing and respond to us.

This WAS a response.
  • edited October 2011
    This WAS a response.

Yeah except I did email support and couldn't get a response after way more than a few days.

Why are you so interested anyway?
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah except I did email support and couldn't get a response after way more than a few days.

Why are you so interested anyway?
    I never said I was interested, but you're getting really annoying. I have the same problem as you, but I'm not whining about it!

Also, I meant this part:
    I'm sorry you're upset about this. Some companies take your money at time of shipping. It has nothing to do with be reputable. Now, there were literally thousands of orders. It take a little time to catch up.

Amy works at Telltale, that's probably the same thing you would have gotten in your email.
  • edited October 2011
    I never said I was interested, but you're getting really annoying. I have the same problem as you, but I'm not whining about it!

Also, I meant this part:

Amy works at Telltale, that's probably the same thing you would have gotten in your email.

If I'm annoying you so much then stop reading my posts and talking to me, get a life dude. Getting upset over someone on a message board is just silly, kinda feel bad for you now.

I'm not happy with that response and want to discuss it further with Telltale is all, obviously I'm not as patient as you are, good for you, I don't care though.
  • edited October 2011
    If I'm annoying you so much then stop reading my posts and talking to me, get a life dude. Getting upset over someone on a message board is just silly, kinda feel bad for you now.

I'm not happy with that response and want to discuss it further with Telltale is all, obviously I'm not as patient as you are, good for you, I don't care though.

I'm not upset at all. How does quoting Amy show that I'm even interested? The reason I'm coming to this thread at all is, I want to make sure there are no problems with the order, but your posts are getting on my nerves. In what way do 3 (now 4) short responses show that I don't have a life or that I'm the least bit upset?

As for the patience thing you really should care, from how many posts you've made saying the same thing about your order.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm not upset at all. How does quoting Amy show that I'm even interested? The reason I'm coming to this thread at all is, I want to make sure there are no problems with the order, but your posts are getting on my nerves. In what way do 3 (now 4) short responses show that I don't have a life or that I'm the least bit upset?

As for the patience thing you really should care, from how many posts you've made saying the same thing about your order.

You're clearly seething and I am genuinely sorry for that. I am bitching and complaining a lot and I'm not a very patient person. Not as patient as you are obviously anyway.

I admit it, are you happy now? You clearly are getting quite upset by a stranger on the Internet which seems silly to me. I am sorry dude, I'll shut up now and hope this all works out if you'll chill out too. Deal?
  • edited October 2011
    You're clearly seething and I am genuinely sorry for that. I am bitching and complaining a lot and I'm not a very patient person. Not as patient as you are obviously anyway.

I admit it, are you happy now? You clearly are getting quite upset by a stranger on the Internet which seems silly to me. I am sorry dude, I'll shut up now and hope this all works out if you'll chill out too. Deal?

Deal, but your complaints might be ok in the future, I'd just say wait a while:
    nf0gw6.png
    I took that picture today.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.