Dvd now shipping!

Comments

• edited October 2011
    What's going on with the people in charge of our shipping packages! I ordered the Game Poster AND the deluxe pack but I only received the poster at the BEGINNING of this month. I contacted support@telltalegames.com and so far no response of my deluxe pack.

This is seriously beyond bad customer service but I will wait a few more weeks (Nov. 15) before filing a report to PayPal. I wonder what's their "excuse" for this delay AND their lack for response of emails, specially.
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah, I ordered my deluxe-edition on sptember 24th and the status is still

"Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info."

If they don't have enogh anymore, they should just say it, so we can get our money back.
  • AC_AC_
    edited October 2011
    My first post on here, but I thought I would just say that my deluxe edition has just arrived in the UK today.

Order was placed on the 6th of September, the USPS tracking number says it was shipped out on the 11th October and has arrived today on the 21st October.

That's 5 weeks of processing before mine was shipped, so if you only ordered it at the end of last month, you can easily leave it until the first week of November before expecting it to be shipped.
  • edited October 2011
    AC_ wrote: »
    My first post on here, but I thought I would just say that my deluxe edition has just arrived in the UK today.

Order was placed on the 6th of September, the USPS tracking number says it was shipped out on the 11th October and has arrived today on the 21st October.

That's 5 weeks of processing before mine was shipped, so if you only ordered it at the end of last month, you can easily leave it until the first week of November before expecting it to be shipped.

That wasn't all processing time, you pre-ordered which is a horse of a different color so to speak. The game wasn't ready to ship yet when you placed that order.
  • edited October 2011
    I ordered the deluxe version on October 8th, and the Telltale website says it hasn't shipped yet, but I actually got it in the mail yesterday. :)
  • edited October 2011
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt ... so some of you ordered it "late" (congrats ;)) but those of us who ordered way back in August haven't gotten our packages!!! :X
  • edited October 2011
    astroX wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt ... so some of you ordered it "late" (congrats ;)) but those of us who ordered way back in August haven't gotten our packages!!! :X

I ordered mine on August 27 and it came in the mail yesterday. Honestly, the delivery times seem to be all over the map. Some people report that Telltale didn't indicate shipping when it arrived while others (like myself) got the shipping confirmation. There doesn't seem to be a pattern but believe me, you'll get it eventually. ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Maybe all of us who are still waiting on orders from late August are going to get them hand-delivered by Christopher Lloyd, and Telltale is trying to arrange his schedule accordingly...
  • edited October 2011
    Maybe all of us who are still waiting on orders from late August are going to get them hand-delivered by Christopher Lloyd, and Telltale is trying to arrange his schedule accordingly...

Complete with the DeLorean and Doc's outfit from 2015.
  • edited October 2011
    How is this for a time travel twist:
    Your order shipped on December 31, 1969!

Ordered both the Deluxe DVD package and the game poster back in August,
    but so far I only got the poster.
    Hope the other package arrives soon. :eek:
  • edited October 2011
    I ordered mine on August 27 and it came in the mail yesterday. Honestly, the delivery times seem to be all over the map. Some people report that Telltale didn't indicate shipping when it arrived while others (like myself) got the shipping confirmation. There doesn't seem to be a pattern but believe me, you'll get it eventually. ;)

"Too bad the post office isn't as efficient as the weather service."
  • edited October 2011

Well in that case, my mailman better surprise me real soon then :p

They better do that or else!!! :D
    Talahar wrote: »

Sorry to hear you're in the exact siuation as I am but at the same time it's kinda of a relief to know there's at least someone else in the same boat ;)
  • edited October 2011
    I'm also waiting for mine to ship, ordered in August in the USA here :(
  • edited October 2011
    Sorry to hear you're in the exact siuation as I am but at the same time it's kinda of a relief to know there's at least someone else in the same boat ;)

Hehe, yeah. What's the saying? Shared pain is doubled pain, or something like that.... ;)
  • edited October 2011

Misery loves company, I suppose. :rolleyes:
  • edited October 2011
    Molokov wrote: »
    Whoa! They really do have a DeLorean Time Machine!

0uxiz.png

Pity it still hasn't arrived, despite being shipped 42 years ago.

And now it's here! :)
  • edited October 2011
    Wow... your order was two weeks after mine, and I still have no sign of my order?

FANTASTIC!
  • edited October 2011
    I'm still waiting :( The game was sent October 10th to Poland, so 2 weekes ago... and still nothing :( Once I orderded movie from Australia and got it after one week...
  • edited October 2011
    Still have the same status yet. : (

The current status is: "Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info."
  • edited October 2011
    Just got my deluxe package.
    Took exactly two weeks from TTG to Germany. Interestingly enough, the poster was a couple of days faster.
    I do blame customs for that.
    So you folks who are still waiting, I hope you get your orders soon!
  • edited October 2011
    Cez24 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting :( The game was sent October 10th to Poland, so 2 weekes ago... and still nothing :( Once I orderded movie from Australia and got it after one week...

The USPS isn't exactly known for being speedy...
  • edited October 2011
    I just received my deluxe edition (2 weeks and 1 day after it was posted) and I opened it up and had a look and I noticed that at least 4 pages of Doc's Notebook are missing but everything else that was mentioned on the BTTF game website was there, also I have notified Telltale via email (I don't know if they will respond)
  • edited October 2011
    MrMoo wrote: »
    I just received my deluxe edition (2 weeks and 1 day after it was posted) and I opened it up and had a look and I noticed that at least 4 pages of Doc's Notebook are missing but everything else that was mentioned on the BTTF game website was there, also I have notified Telltale via email (I don't know if they will respond)
    You might want to take a look at this video.
    It might help you to nail down exactly what's missing from your deluxe edition.
  • edited October 2011
    Talahar wrote: »

Same for me!!
  • edited October 2011
    Just called up telltale. They said that there was more demand then expected and that the remaining deluxe editions will ship this week. Here's the exact post : I apologize that you haven’t received your Back to the Future Deluxe Pack yet. The demand was higher than we initially expected and the orders are a bit delayed. They will be shipped from our warehouse later this week.
    Thanks,
    Michael Parks
    Customer Service
    Telltale Games
  • edited October 2011
    Also my order was placed on August 28th
  • edited October 2011
    I honestly don't mind the whole "demand was greater than expected." I've managed an online mail-order site; I understand what's involved. I've done long-term preorders; I know what that's like. (Heck, I have a game that's been pre-ordered for nine years where I'm not particularly upset by the delays, even though they still have my money.)

However, what really sticks in my craw is seeing reports from folks who received theirs already, despite ordering (or pre-ordering) theirs 1-2 weeks after I did.

Whether intended or not, my takeaway message here is, "Your order isn't as important as people who ordered after you did. You're a chump for preordering at the end of August; you might've gotten your order a lot sooner if you'd waited a couple of weeks."

Really, without any explanation as to why it's happening, it triggers a similar ire I'd feel if I were in line at the grocery store and -- just as I'm next at the clerk -- he says, "Sir, we're really busy, so I'm going to check out the next three people behind you first. Then I'll see if I have time to get to your order." That's not a way to make a happy customer.
  • edited October 2011
    Actually, one common thread I note that seems to be uniting folks who received their orders before mine is that they were upgrade orders (mine wasn't). If that's what's going on, then I can almost kinda-sorta understand that (since it means giving preferential treatment to those who have been customers on this product longer).

If that's what's going on then I don't necessarily agree with the decision (since I paid a lot more for my Deluxe Edition that's in limbo), but there would at least be a logic... although, in that case, it'd be nice if they had let would-be customers know that's how it'd be handled before we placed orders. However, since the ordering process is fairly opaque then I can only speculate about what's happening.

(As an aside, I note that the Special Deluxe Edition is still expected to ship in September. You think they'd have some inside info that they might not be able to make that date...)
  • edited October 2011
    Rtboh wrote: »
    Also my order was placed on August 28th

I have yet to also get mine and I ordered on the same day as you
  • edited October 2011
    Rtboh wrote: »
    Just called up telltale. They said that there was more demand then expected and that the remaining deluxe editions will ship this week. Here's the exact post : I apologize that you haven’t received your Back to the Future Deluxe Pack yet. The demand was higher than we initially expected and the orders are a bit delayed. They will be shipped from our warehouse later this week.
    Thanks,
    Michael Parks
    Customer Service
    Telltale Games

I recieved an identical email over a week ago.....AND STILL WITHOUT MY DELUXE! STARTING TO BECOME SEVERELY AGITATED! I agree with the fellow that posted the remark about the line in a grocery store.....That's precisely how it feels.
  • edited October 2011
    Already here, thanks!!
  • edited October 2011
    A pub here in Cologne has a big sign over the bar saying "Tomorrow: Free beer". Of course, the sign is always there ;)
  • edited October 2011
    However, what really sticks in my craw is seeing reports from folks who received theirs already, despite ordering (or pre-ordering) theirs 1-2 weeks after I did.

Whether intended or not, my takeaway message here is, "Your order isn't as important as people who ordered after you did. You're a chump for preordering at the end of August; you might've gotten your order a lot sooner if you'd waited a couple of weeks."

Really, without any explanation as to why it's happening, it triggers a similar ire I'd feel if I were in line at the grocery store and -- just as I'm next at the clerk -- he says, "Sir, we're really busy, so I'm going to check out the next three people behind you first. Then I'll see if I have time to get to your order." That's not a way to make a happy customer.
    +++

I preordered my Back to the Future: Deluxe Pack exactly on the same day I got that email from Telltale that preorder is available. And now, this day, I have received an email that preorder for the Jurrassic Park Deluxe Edition is available. What the heck do they think?

I will stop buying until my BttF order finally arrives. This IS what I think!
  • edited October 2011
    Looking forward to my Deluxe Edition... when it gets here next year, because I decided to pack it in with the Jurassic Park Deluxe Edition.
  • edited October 2011
    Sternitzky wrote: »
    +++

I preordered my Back to the Future: Deluxe Pack exactly on the same day I got that email from Telltale that preorder is available. And now, this day, I have recieved an email that preorder for the Jurrassic Park Deluxe Edition is available. What the heck do they think?

I'm not that annoyed about it. I ordered Jurrasic Park deluxe today! I'm just happy I'm getting my deluxe sooner or later
  • edited October 2011
    Sternitzky wrote: »
    +++

I preordered my Back to the Future: Deluxe Pack exactly on the same day I got that email from Telltale that preorder is available. And now, this day, I have recieved an email that preorder for the Jurrassic Park Deluxe Edition is available. What the heck do they think?

Heh. Yeah, I reached a similar conclusion. "Fool me once, shame on you..."
  • edited October 2011
    The..uhhh...lack of humility about shipping services...staggers me.

Okay guys, really. TellTale has NOT lied. When any company says that something will be shipping at a certain time, that usually means that's when they START shipping. Demand can slow it down so they can't get them all out the door at once. Not only that, but yet again I remind you people that TellTale isn't a big company like Sony or Square-Enix or Nintendo. There was a great deal of demand for these Deluxe editions and they haven't been able to keep up yet.

Oh, and one other thing, this is also on the shoulders of the actual services being used. Frankly, if you've gotten a shipping notice, but haven't gotten the DVD yet, that isn't TellTale's fault. That's USPS or UPS or FedEX. What Doc said in Back to the Future 2 is very true today: "Too bad the post office isn't as efficient as the weather service." You may say that "Well, the weather service isn't efficient at all!" Well congratulations. That's the joke.
  • edited October 2011
    The..uhhh...lack of humility about shipping services...staggers me.

Okay guys, really. TellTale has NOT lied.

I agree they haven't lied, but they've certainly showed a lack of ability and (perhaps more importantly) lack of communication that has greatly affected my capacity to blindly trust them with another preorder.

And while I'm not charging Telltale with deception, so far the information they've released regarding this hasn't fully panned out. They'd previously hoped to ship on:
    • Friday, October 14 ("... I would be shocked if they are not all out by the end of the week.")
    • Friday, October 21 ("...we're expecting them to start shipping again on Friday of this week. ... Once the order ships on Friday, it should update and you'll be able to see it.")
    • Friday, October 28 ("...we're expecting them to start going out again this week.")
    Not only that, but yet again I remind you people that TellTale isn't a big company like Sony or Square-Enix or Nintendo. There was a great deal of demand for these Deluxe editions and they haven't been able to keep up yet.

I was a mail-order-retail manager for a small specialty-toy shop for about eight years. It wasn't uncommon for us to be slammed with several hundred orders a day, especially around the holidays. Even with a small crew (less than a dozen), we still usually only had two or three problem orders come Christmas Eve (where I'd be on the phone with those customers explaining their options -- offering free next-day shipping to solve problems made for some very happy Christmas customers!).

So just because Telltale is a "small" company, that doesn't mean they can't run a reasonable shipping business. This is especially true since most of the outstanding orders Telltale has should (I believe) be for exactly one item, all identically sized. The place I worked at could've probably cleared 300 of those a day with a three-person crew.

See, the thing that's baffling to me is, as best I can tell as an outsider, there is absolutely no part of this process that 1) could not have been foretold ahead of time, and 2) that couldn't be made better with reasonable communication.

About a week before preorders started shipping, Alan indicated that they'd sold "significantly more than half" of the 2,500. At that point, whoever is in charge should have had ample warning that there might be a problem:

"Um, guys? At our best we can only get out 20 orders a day. We've got a stack of 1,250 orders sitting here. Assuming we get absolutely no more orders, it'll take us 12 weeks to catch up. Do you think we should take steps to address this?"

So what are the options here for what happened?
    • They knew they were going to have a stack of 1,250+ orders on the first day and didn't think it was going to be a problem (in which case they have a true lack of understanding regarding their own shipping capacity).
    • They knew they were going to have a stack of 1,250+ orders on the first day and knew it was going to be a problem but didn't want to share that info (in which case, that's kind of dishonest).
    • There were printing or shipping problems getting the items to their warehouse. This is especially possible if the 2,500 number is a red herring... their blog indicated this was limited to an "initial" run of 2,500 copies. If they ended up tapping into the gamer/movie audience they were hoping, I can see it as entirely likely that they received 10-100 times as many orders, and are simply printing more. If that happened they may be reluctant to share that info because it may affect the perceived collectability of the item. (Personally, this is what I hope happened... my ire notwithstanding, I wish nothing ill of Telltale Games, and their success can only mean good things for them, the adventure-game industry, and the prospects of a sequel.) Again, regardless of what happened, explaining exactly what the problem is would go a long way toward placating me (at the very least).

The "small company" defense doesn't hold a lot of water in the long run. They told people, "Hey, we're trying to sell 2,500 of something!" and they did so. They knew weeks ahead of time they were looking at 1,000+ orders, and they didn't seem to be able to address it. And they just started up another preorder -- presumably with their hoping to have similar sales numbers. If they haven't figured out what went wrong the first time, why should I trust them with another preorder?!

(To put it another way, if I list 2,500 items on eBay all with the same end date, and I sold them all, how much slack should those customers give me when I say, "Hey, thanks for your money, but I'm just one guy... it's going to take me a few months to ship all these!")

Regardless, none of the above addresses my biggest peeve (which I detailed elsewhere): Folks who ordered weeks after I did received their orders first. Again, I'd be angry if that happened (without my consent or an explanation) at a grocery store or movie theater, and it's annoying to encounter here. (If I'm being unreasonable and this is a good thing to do without explanation, I'd love to hear the justification... it could be my "learn something new" encounter I'd hoped for this week!) :-)
    Oh, and one other thing, this is also on the shoulders of the actual services being used. Frankly, if you've gotten a shipping notice, but haven't gotten the DVD yet, that isn't TellTale's fault.

I can't speak for anyone else, but as of this minute my status is, "Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info."

Given that it's been at that state since the end of September, I don't think it's caught in postal limbo (especially since -- when I wrote to ask for an update this week -- they didn't reply, "What're you talking about?! We shipped it weeks ago!").
  • edited October 2011
    I ordered a couple of Deluxe Editions on August the 31st and it's saying "Your order is being processed and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info" since then. I'm a bit disappointed now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.