Dvd now shipping!

Comments

• edited October 2011
    ^ Are those even pre-orders or just regular orders?

If they're regular orders then you are very patient. But I also seriously worry about what Telltale is playing at here :/

If that were me I'd probably have exploded or something by now ;)
  • edited October 2011
    ^ Are those even pre-orders or just regular orders?

If they're regular orders then you are very patient. But I also seriously worry about what Telltale is playing at here :/

If that were me I'd probably have exploded or something by now ;)

It was a regular order, but I think I placed it when Telltale was moving into the new warehouse.
  • edited October 2011
    Do you not think that if they can't seem to process orders they took 2 months ago they should now stop taking any other orders until they've caught up? Or at least be up front and honest with people placing orders about how long it's going to take?
  • edited October 2011
    Do you not think that if they can't seem to process orders they took 2 months ago they should now stop taking any other orders until they've caught up? Or at least be up front and honest with people placing orders about how long it's going to take?

Well, I was hoping that mine would be a special case, because I've ordered other things from Telltale and they've gotten here quicker. Something is probably slowing them down. Hopefully it's only temporary.

This is what it's normally been like: 2130mmg.png
  • edited October 2011
    Something is probably slowing them down. Hopefully it's only temporary.

Maybe they're still dealing with the moving into a new warehouse thing?
  • edited October 2011
    When did you order it and where do you live? Grats on getting it. I hope the rest of us will eventually be so lucky! I've got the Bluray set too :)

I ordered it on August 25th; I believe it was the night of the day that the e-mails went out about the preorder.

I live in Southern California. That's why I was surprised that Telltale was shipping from Colorado; otherwise I would have gotten the game a day earlier.
  • edited October 2011
    This is the last I'm going to respond to your obvious trolling jameswinder, but just know that I truly feel sorry for you. Living with so much anger, spite, and impatience is a pretty miserable existence. There's far more here that agree with me, but just aren't as brash as I was in my last few postings. I was at first trying to be genuinely helpful, but you were just on a rant and determined to keep bellyaching no matter what anyone else says. I bid you farewell and wouldn't recommend ever pre-ordering anything in the future considering your lack of anything even remotely close to patience.
  • edited October 2011
    Deal, but your complaints might be ok in the future, I'd just say wait a while:
    nf0gw6.png
    I took that picture today.

From Amy regarding the season two collectors discs on October 4th:
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    These will be shipping out tomorrow! Sorry it took so long. We hit a snag at the printers.
  • edited October 2011
    Oh, that's a relief. Thanks for the quote.
  • edited October 2011
    It was a regular order, but I think I placed it when Telltale was moving into the new warehouse.

So, they moved to a new warehouse? Maybe that's the problem. They might still be sorting not only with the orders but with how they are setting things up over there.
  • edited October 2011
    Maybe they're still dealing with the moving into a new warehouse thing?

KainDrake wrote: »
    So, they moved to a new warehouse? Maybe that's the problem. They might still be sorting not only with the orders but with how they are setting things up over there.

Hmmm...nyaa it's a possibility.

8zlbg2.png
  • edited October 2011
    I gotta say though, the abandoned concept art for Tiff Tannen would've made for an interesting character.

And I'm not sure why, but there's a couple of JP Videos on the disc too. lol
  • edited October 2011
    I am still not sure If I should buy the DVD. Can someone please tell me what and in which format exactly is on the normal PC DVD and if the game itself comes with DRM?
  • edited October 2011
    I live in Colorado, so considering the orders are now shipping again and, hopefully, they got any problems with moving their warehouse to Colorado resolved, Im expecting my order to arrive some time next week =). (if all the orders are shipping out near or about the same time and arrive 10 business days later)
  • edited October 2011
    Sinncrow wrote: »
    I live in Colorado, so considering the orders are now shipping again and, hopefully, they got any problems with moving their warehouse to Colorado resolved, Im expecting my order to arrive some time next week =). (if all the orders are shipping out near or about the same time and arrive 10 business days later)

i belive its going by date of preorder....I ordered with in the hour it was possible to. got mine yesterday. I'm in jersey
  • edited October 2011
    I just got my Deluxe Edition yesterday!=D=D=D If the people of Telltale Games will allow me to post videos/pictures of what's inside, then I will.
  • edited October 2011
    I just got my Deluxe Edition yesterday!=D=D=D If the people of Telltale Games will allow me to post videos/pictures of what's inside, then I will.

Unboxing videos are fine, they have never objected to them in the past.
  • edited October 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    i belive its going by date of preorder....I ordered with in the hour it was possible to. got mine yesterday. I'm in jersey

After looking at the others who have revived their orders, I would say its a little random. However, I would agree with you, they are most likely going to try and follow it by date of order
  • edited October 2011
    Please? :)
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    I am still not sure If I should buy the DVD. Can someone please tell me what and in which format exactly is on the normal PC DVD and if the game itself comes with DRM?
  • edited October 2011
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    Please? :)

Normal and deluxe DVDs are identical with the exception of the cover art insert being reversible. As far as contents, there is no DRM that I can tell on the game itself. It installs a loader for all of the games and they all run without the disc in. My account info was never required, so if there's any sort of DRM, it's not a type I've yet seen. As far as bonus content, there is trailers for each episode, commentary videos of approx 25 minutes each for each episode, production art for things that were and were not in the game, and two "bonus" clips about Jurassic Park.

All in all, it's a nice disc with insights and things you've never heard/seen before.
  • edited October 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    Unboxing videos are fine, they have never objected to them in the past.

Looks like I don't have to post any of my own pictures and/or videos, because now there's a video on Telltale game's youtube channel, on unboxing the Deluxe Edition of the BTTF game.:D
    Here's the youtube video link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHNB-FLuw9o&feature=player_detailpage
  • edited October 2011
    Looks like I don't have to post any of my own pictures and/or videos, because now there's a video on Telltale game's youtube channel, on unboxing the Deluxe Edition of the BTTF game.:D
    Here's the youtube video link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHNB-FLuw9o&feature=player_detailpage

Yep, been there almost a month. You should really check the Blogs section every now and then.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-872
  • edited October 2011
    My package arrived in Colorado today!!! I should get it tomorrow!!! I wish I could post an image from my computer not a website!:D:winslow::D
  • edited October 2011
    Soon. When I placed this order I was worried that it would beat me to my new apartment. I got here on September 7th.
    X8zku.png
  • edited October 2011
    I still haven't seen the package yet for Back to the Future collection yet, they say it is going to be shipped in that week when they come in. It is now Oct! What is the story here?
  • edited October 2011
    chazb wrote: »
    I still haven't seen the package yet for Back to the Future collection yet, they say it is going to be shipped in that week when they come in. It is now Oct! What is the story here?

If you'd read back just a bit, you'd see that the story is that Telltale ISN'T Gamestop, and they are in fact a small company that got inundated with at least if not more than 1700 orders (they said they were about 3/4 of the way through the original pressing of 2500 of the deluxe edition). Considering I only got my order a few days ago that I placed in August, if you ordered at all recently in comparison to August, you're just going to have to wait a little bit and give them a chance to catch up.

Hope this helps put you a little at ease :).
  • edited October 2011
    Placed mine in august and still nothing.
  • edited October 2011
    Soundwarp wrote: »
    Placed mine in august and still nothing.

Are you in the states? If so I'd say the end of this week at the most. If not, you'll just have to hang in there as international shipping isn't all that fast.
  • I'd imagine once they finish the local american shipping they'll start shipping to Canada and Mexico and then overseas. So far they havent shipped mine, I'll let you guys know when they do.
  • edited October 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    Normal and deluxe DVDs are identical with the exception of the cover art insert being reversible. As far as contents, there is no DRM that I can tell on the game itself. It installs a loader for all of the games and they all run without the disc in. My account info was never required, so if there's any sort of DRM, it's not a type I've yet seen. As far as bonus content, there is trailers for each episode, commentary videos of approx 25 minutes each for each episode, production art for things that were and were not in the game, and two "bonus" clips about Jurassic Park.

All in all, it's a nice disc with insights and things you've never heard/seen before.

Thank you very much. That sounds really nice - maybe I should pay the 18$ for shipping...I really love BTTF so I should order :)
  • edited October 2011
    OK, I ordered my DVD a day or so after it became available to order (bog-standard version) and it arrived today in the UK alongside another game I bought. And although I can't tell you when it was despatched (December 31st 1969 seems doubtful) other people were reporting that theirs had been listed as sent out a week or so before mine was.

Hope that allows some of you to gauge ETAs.
  • edited October 2011
    I pre-ordered my copy of the deluxe edition in late august and I am in Ontario Canada. Can any one give me a rough estimate on how much longer I have to wait?
  • edited October 2011
    I just got my copy in the mail right now:) so im guessing everyone else is gonna or already has started to get it
  • edited October 2011
    2j2hu20.png

OK, I'm convinced this is just clever foreshadowing at season 2.
  • edited October 2011
    2j2hu20.png

That would be pretty clever....
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2011

Fun computer fact! UNIX dates are stored as seconds elapsed since 1 January 1970, so if something in the system errors and returns -1 or something, you'll get a weird date like 31 December 1969.
  • edited October 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Fun computer fact! UNIX dates are stored as seconds elapsed since 1 January 1970, so if something in the system errors and returns -1 or something, you'll get a weird date like 31 December 1969.

What a disappointment.
    2euo4jm.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxLLhwCx4cM
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2011
    What a disappointment.

Maybe, but think of all the ladies you could impress with that little nugget of info! :D
  • edited October 2011
    wwwwwohoooooooooooooooooo got mine :D Box#16 :D
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Bigpsycho wrote: »
    wwwwwohoooooooooooooooooo got mine :D Box#16 :D
    I'm pretty sure that we all received Box #16 (the one from the unboxing video is also Box #16).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.