Dvd now shipping!

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2011
    You bought the game directly from the Telltale store right, rather than Steam or some other outlet?

If you got it from Telltale, email support@telltalegames.com and they should be able to add the DVD to your cart manually. Just make sure to specify whether you want the regular version or the Deluxe edition.
  • edited September 2011
    My regular version arrived was sent on the 22nd and arrived yesterday the 28th in Belgium. the delivery from the usa to Belgium was very fast.

back to the future is a great game (and movie) btw,
    i find it's the best game from bttf available until now,
    there used to be games on the nintendo nes in the past,
    but even for the technology available back then the game play was not as good. with this game, the movie gets some attention in the game-world.
    and of course, the appearance of Christopher Lloyd and MJFox made it extra special. thank you for this contribution to the game.
    it's a nice touch to remember the 25th anniversary of the movies.

i also played Sam & Max Hit the Road when i was younger,
    i'm thinking about trying the version from telltale as well.
    it also used to be a click & point game.
    (wasn't that a lucasarts game in the past?)

Greetings from Belgium
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2011
    i also played Sam & Max Hit the Road when i was younger, i'm thinking about trying the version from telltale as well.
    it also used to be a click & point game.(wasn't that a lucasarts game in the past?)

Greetings from Belgium

Greetings, fellow Belgian.
    Sam & Max Hit the Road was indeed a LucasArts game, but then again, a bunch of Telltale employees are former LucasArts employees.
    Telltale's Sam & Max games are fantastic (and a lot more challenging than Back to the Future The Game) and you can play one episode from the first season for free (Abe Lincoln Must Die, one of the best) to give you an idea of what to expect.
    Just follow this link.
  • edited September 2011
    Well if that's the case they probably shouldn't have taken the money from me instantly! Also I paid nearly $20 for priority shipping to the UK. They could at least reply to my email though. Why put an email address on here for people concerned about orders and then not answer? :(

For pre-orders, it's not at all uncommon to take the money right away. If you pre-order a movie for example on Amazon, do you really expect them not to process the payment until the day it ships? Do you realize what flood this would cause to payment systems if everything just got shoved to a payment server the day it ships? They aren't trying to inconvenience you, and aren't being unreasonable when it comes to charging at the point of sale rather than point of shipping.

As far as the second issue you raised, have you checked your spam/junk folder? Telltale support e-mails are notorious for getting caught in there. It's also possible that your e-mail got lost in the shuffle considering they only have one or two (correct me on this if I'm wrong) people to handle the massive amount of e-mails they receive. Did you even receive an automated response when you e-mailed them?
  • edited September 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    If you pre-order a movie for example on Amazon, do you really expect them not to process the payment until the day it ships?

Just to jump in here - In the 8 or 9 years I've been buying from Amazon, I've never once been charged prior to the order being shipped - not that I'm really fussed either way.

That being said - I pre-ordered the Deluxe edition about 30 seconds after Telltale sent out the pre-order E-Mail, and my order still reads as being processed for the last few days......
  • edited September 2011
    Weeksy wrote: »
    Just to jump in here - In the 8 or 9 years I've been buying from Amazon, I've never once been charged prior to the order being shipped - not that I'm really fussed either way.

That being said - I pre-ordered the Deluxe edition about 30 seconds after Telltale sent out the pre-order E-Mail, and my order still reads as being processed for the last few days......

Good for you. Mine doesn't even read as processing.
  • edited September 2011
    Mine has shown that it's processing for the last few days, but I had pre-ordered 3 days after it was announced (due to technical difficulties on their end). I can't wait to hold it in my hands!
  • edited September 2011
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Greetings, fellow Belgian.
    Sam & Max Hit the Road was indeed a LucasArts game, but then again, a bunch of Telltale employees are former LucasArts employees.
    Telltale's Sam & Max games are fantastic (and a lot more challenging than Back to the Future The Game) and you can play one episode from the first season for free (Abe Lincoln Must Die, one of the best) to give you an idea of what to expect.
    Just follow this link.

Thx for the Link, i will certainly try it.
    The video is looking good, it's fantastic that there is a sequel to sam & max.
    since a lot of former employees are from LucasArts,
    i hope the next project after jurassic park will be another
    "day of the tentacle":p with Bernard, Hoagie, Laverne & dr. Fred :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vJioAZ1oIY&feature=related
  • edited September 2011
    Could someone please describe what's on the DVD exactly? Are there any videos or commentaries and are they to use in a regular DVD Player or only wmv or similar files? What about the different languages versions for the game - are all languages included on the DVD?
  • edited September 2011
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    are all languages included on the DVD?

That's an interesting question. I'd like to know that, too.
  • SegSeg
    edited September 2011
    Could someone please describe what's on the DVD exactly? Are there any videos or commentaries and are they to use in a regular DVD Player or only wmv or similar files? What about the different languages versions for the game - are all languages included on the DVD?

Video Content
    All the videos are mp4; No DVD-Video on this disc. Whatever program you have for MP4 files you have, it should work. This includes iTunes/Quicktime, VLC, Preview.app, Windows Media, etc.

Now that we're doing dual format discs for Windows and Mac, it's really hard or in some cases impossible to do DVD-Video AND have a proper presentation and content on computers. Part of the reason is that there's just not enough disc space left. There's also file system issues that break DVD-Video players.

Languages
    All the languages we shipped with. I believe that's English, German, French. The extras content, including the autorun launcher, is in English.
  • edited September 2011
    Thx for the Link, i will certainly try it.
    The video is looking good, it's fantastic that there is a sequel to sam & max.
    since a lot of former employees are from LucasArts,
    i hope the next project after jurassic park will be another
    "day of the tentacle":p with Bernard, Hoagie, Laverne & dr. Fred :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vJioAZ1oIY&feature=related

I feel It's been far too long since a Maniac Mansion game was released! I would love to see the TellTale Team do a remake of the first two and continue on from there: it'd be simply awesome! I haven't played a TTG game yet that hasn't been just good, old-fashioned, hilarious, point-and-click style FUN! Which of course would lead me to believe that these folks would do an AMAZING job remaking one of my personal favorite old-school Lucasarts games. (I have a copy of Day of the Tentacle, but my computer can't figure out how to make it run LOL)
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Raist1277 wrote: »
    I have a copy of Day of the Tentacle, but my computer can't figure out how to make it run
    Running Day of the Tentacle (and many more classic games from LucasArts, Sierra, Revolution Software,...) on newer computers is a breeze with ScummVM.
  • edited September 2011
    Can anyone help mine has been processing for 5 days now!
  • edited September 2011
    Seg wrote: »
    Video Content
    All the videos are mp4; No DVD-Video on this disc. Whatever program you have for MP4 files you have, it should work. This includes iTunes/Quicktime, VLC, Preview.app, Windows Media, etc.
    Now that we're doing dual format discs for Windows and Mac, it's really hard or in some cases impossible to do DVD-Video AND have a proper presentation and content on computers. Part of the reason is that there's just not enough disc space left. There's also file system issues that break DVD-Video players.

That's very sad to hear. Watching the videos and listen to the commentaries was something I really liked about the "Sam & Max" DVDs. If there is not much extra to look forward to (and I can download trailers in MP4 without problem and for free) - why should I pay another 18$ for the DVD? Maybe you should rethink your "dual format" apporoach if this leads to so much trouble.
  • edited September 2011
    That's very sad to hear. Watching the videos and listen to the commentaries was something I really liked about the "Sam & Max" DVDs. If there is not much extra to look forward to (and I can download trailers in MP4 without problem and for free) - why should I pay another 18$ for the DVD? Maybe you should rethink your "dual format" apporoach if this leads to so much trouble.

The MP4 files are NOT just trailers! They are the commentary videos as far as I'm aware. Nowhere did he say that it was just the trailers for the game.
  • edited September 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    The MP4 files are NOT just trailers! They are the commentary videos as far as I'm aware. Nowhere did he say that it was just the trailers for the game.

And the commentaries where on a regular DVD before (again I praise the Sam & Max DVD) - now they are not and I can't see a good reason for it. What is it exactly you get by buying this DVD what you don't have when ony downloading the episodes directly from telltale? Five MP4 Commentary Videos and some Trailers already on their web site is this it? Don't get me wrong: I love the TTG an I have some other DVDs from them already here in the shelf but it seems for me the "value" for the DVD releases is declining - and the postage costs are rising....this id the first time I'm not sure if I should spend that extra money.
  • edited October 2011
    When I clicked on the tracking number to double-check the order status, I was surprised to find it claiming my order had already reached my town! On my way out the door soon after, I checked my mailbox and sure enough, there it was!

Hoe can you track your order on telltale? Mine says processing, but can I still see where it is?
  • edited October 2011
    Well it's been "processing" for about a week now. After multiple attempts I managed to get a surly one sentence email from Telltale that didn't tell me anything.

Pretty poor really, probably won't do this again.
  • edited October 2011
    Oh and I pre ordered on the understanding that it was "shipping in September" it's now October so this simply isn't true and probably breaches trading laws here in the UK. At the very least they could respond to emails appropriately :/
  • edited October 2011
    I pre ordered on the understanding that it was "shipping in September" it's now October so this simply isn't true and probably breaches trading laws here in the UK.

Yes, but Telltale are not in the UK.
  • edited October 2011
    Meanwhile, over in another thread -
    The United Kingdom is presently hotter than Bermuda, Hawaii, and all points west. Unfortunately, the continuation of "late summer" justifies the fact that I don't think my BTTF disc has been posted yet, dag nabbit.

Actually, just checked, and apparently it was posted on the 31st December 1969?! So what's the *actual* date of despatch, then? Or did they give them all to Doc Brown for posting?
  • edited October 2011
    Oh and I pre ordered on the understanding that it was "shipping in September" it's now October so this simply isn't true and probably breaches trading laws here in the UK. At the very least they could respond to emails appropriately :/

You know what, I preordered it too. However, unlike MOST OF YOU, mine doesn't even show up as processing. Do you hear me whining, bitching, and moaning about how TellTale has screwed up and I'll never get anything from them again? No. Because, unlike some of you, I apparently have PATIENCE.
  • edited October 2011
    You know what, I preordered it too. However, unlike MOST OF YOU, mine doesn't even show up as processing. Do you hear me whining, bitching, and moaning about how TellTale has screwed up and I'll never get anything from them again? No. Because, unlike some of you, I apparently have PATIENCE.

I'm not bitching about anything, I'm just wondering when I can expect my copy and how I can track it
  • edited October 2011
    Sinncrow wrote: »
    I'm not bitching about anything, I'm just wondering when I can expect my copy and how I can track it

He wasn't talking about you.
  • edited October 2011
    My Back to the Future DVD is coming from 1969!

Bttfmistakeshipping.jpg
  • edited October 2011

Bttfmistakeshipping.jpg

1969? He's alive! The Doc's alive! He's in the 1960s, but he's alive!
  • edited October 2011
    1969? He's alive! The Doc's alive! He's in the 1960s, but he's alive!

:D
    I hope my parcel makes it here safe
  • edited October 2011
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Running Day of the Tentacle (and many more classic games from LucasArts, Sierra, Revolution Software,...) on newer computers is a breeze with ScummVM.

Thanx for the link Macfly! I'll give that a shot cuz I got my hands on copies of The Dig, DOTT, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and several other classic Lucasarts games......Just have only been able to get The Dig and Full Throttle to work right thus far! LOL Many Thanks!
  • edited October 2011

Too bad the post office isn't as efficient as the weather service.
  • edited October 2011
    How long did it take for your copy to go from processing to sent out billythimble?
  • edited October 2011

Bttfmistakeshipping.jpg

Maybe that's why the shipping costs have been so high. The price for temporal shipping must be enormous.
  • edited October 2011
    My order still not shipped, why is it take so long ? I know there is a lot of order to send, but come on, don't tell me there's only one person to do it.
  • edited October 2011
    Well, don't bother checking on it until Monday. TellTale is closed on the weekends.
  • edited October 2011

The page didn't say "will ship September." It says "expected to ship September." So no, they didn't break any trading laws because they didn't promise that it would ship on September. They were hoping to get it done at the end of September.
  • edited October 2011

You should be expecting a Western Union agent right this second.
  • edited October 2011
    Well it's been "processing" for about a week now. After multiple attempts I managed to get a surly one sentence email from Telltale that didn't tell me anything.

Pretty poor really, probably won't do this again.

Mine has as well. Give it some time; it's not like Telltale is telling you that the shipping is delayed. When they said that it's shipping in September, I took it as they're STARTING shipping in September. Sometimes it arrives faster to some locations than it does to others.
  • SegSeg
    edited October 2011

There are 2.58gb worth of MP4 video which include:
    • Trailers for each episode.
    • Commentary playthough for each episode.
    • Interview with AJ Locascio
    • The 3-part "Behind the Scenes" series.
    • The 4-part character focus series.

In addition, there's a huge assortment of concept and other art included as well!
  • edited October 2011
    My Deluxe has arrived. Thank you Telltale!
  • edited October 2011
    Lucky of you, xdreamer. Mine have not shipped yet.

The postman should deliver me the package wearing like Doc at the end of BTTF telling me "Show this to your friends, tell them about this... your future depends on it"

Deluxe AND limited edition... GREAT SCOTT!!!

I hope in two weeks (or less... fingers crossed) I will be holding the package in my hands!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.