Dvd now shipping!

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I just ordered the Deluxe edition simply because I'm a fan, but the cost is ridiculous!
    There should been some sort of special for those that pre-ordered early on last year.
    $24.99 pre-order
    +$19.99 deluxe upgrade
    +$18.00 delivery
    = $62.98!!

Definitely the first and last time I pre-order from Telltale! Absolutely no benefit what so ever!
  • edited August 2011
    Why is the shipping so horribly outrageous for the Deluxe Edition? $18 to Pennsylvania? Are you serious?

No kidding! It's $14.05 to ship to Iowa?! How heavy are these extra items? I could understand the high shipping cost if there was some significant increase in the weight or size of the package, but since all the extras are basically pieces of paper from what I can tell, it doesn't make much sense... :confused:
  • edited August 2011
    I'm also curious why shipping is so much. Is there a particular reason for this?

I want to order the Deluxe Edition, but the extra $15 shipping brings it to a total of $35 for the upgrade, which is a bit too much for me right now. At the same time, I can't bring myself to order the standard DVD and lose the pre-order discount on the Deluxe Edition.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm just hoping the 2,500 copies of the Deluxe Edition don't sell out too quickly. Curse you, shipping!!!!
  • edited August 2011
    I hope they do sell out quickly cuz it would make me feel special. :)
  • edited August 2011
    Also i Hope tho get ratherdashing"s autograph on my deluxe pack. he truly turned this game into an experience that was...intresting.
  • edited August 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    Also i Hope tho get ratherdashing"s autograph on my deluxe pack. he truly turned this game into an experience that was...intresting.

lol Dashing, I don't agree with you, but I salute you for sticking to your guns.
  • edited August 2011
    ELB1985 wrote: »
    Ever going to DragonCon? =P

I wonder if they'll have the cutscene videos available sans commentary. If so, I may record my own "commentary track" of sorts just for shits and giggles.
  • edited August 2011
    That would be awesome to listen to! lol
  • edited August 2011

I wonder if they'll have the cutscene videos available sans commentary. If so, I may record my own "commentary track" of sorts just for shits and giggles.

Lord, that'd be crazy. You know, I love BttF, from movie 1 to the game, but you know...it'd be soooooo easy to MST3K the series.

"So he just happens to find some kid riding a skateboard, steals it from the kid, and the kid doesn't punch him in the balls later?"

Or:

"Go on! Hit him! Revenge of the nerds!"
  • edited August 2011
    Oof.. im not really liking that $7.31 on the collectors dvd >< just seems high for something thats "free"

The collectors dvd isnt limited right? like... would it be safe to just postpone buying until the jurassic park dvd is out too and then I can have them shipped together for roughly the same price? or would that just add another $7 onto the shipping? Dx
  • edited August 2011
    Oof.. im not really liking that $7.31 on the collectors dvd >< just seems high for something thats "free"

The collectors dvd isnt limited right? like... would it be safe to just postpone buying until the jurassic park dvd is out too and then I can have them shipped together for roughly the same price? or would that just add another $7 onto the shipping? Dx
    None of the DVDs are limited. Only the "Deluxe Edition" of the DVD is limited. For the Wallace and Gromit DVD, I didn't actually get the thing until I made an order about a year later.
  • edited August 2011
    I have a problem. I'm trying to order the deluxe edition and when I get up to completing the order the only available shipping option is "FREE" with no other description, and wen I click to take me to paypal it comes up with an error telling me to select a shipping option. What do I do?
  • edited August 2011
    So, from what I'm reading here.. the cost to upgrade to the deluxe DVD is supposed to only be $15 (Total $40 cost)? My screen is showing $19.99 for the upgrade. Why the switching back and forth in pricing? Am I going to see my $5 again?
  • edited August 2011
    xdreamer wrote: »
    So, from what I'm reading here.. the cost to upgrade to the deluxe DVD is supposed to only be $15 (Total $40 cost)? My screen is showing $19.99 for the upgrade. Why the switching back and forth in pricing? Am I going to see my $5 again?

The price is $19.99 for the upgrade to the Deluxe Edition. Where are you seeing it say $14.99?
  • edited August 2011
    Earlier in this topic Amy said anyone who paid 20 dollars instead of 15 would get 5 dollars back. This is what she said in response to people mentioning the price difference:
    While it's down, mind changing the fact that people who bought the game originally end up paying a $5 premium for goodies compared to a Johnny Come Lately that buys the Game+Goodies together? It's $40 total for newbies, $45 for people who bought the game previously. That's just not right.
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    We already caught that and will be refunding anyone who paid too much. :)
  • edited August 2011
    The price is $19.99 for the upgrade to the Deluxe Edition. Where are you seeing it say $14.99?

Yesterday, when the Deluxe edition first hit the store (and nothing was really working yet) it did say $14.99 ... but given the technical problems with the store itself, it might just have been a mistake.
  • edited August 2011
    hi, I'm from the UK and Preordered the game, my question is, does the disc work on a UK PC? and how much extra shipping would I have to pay?

thanks
  • edited August 2011
    I bought the full season months ago...does mean I'll get the disc? Do I have to get Deluxe version, if that the case then no thank you.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    adman500 wrote: »
    hi, I'm from the UK and Preordered the game, my question is, does the disc work on a UK PC? and how much extra shipping would I have to pay?

thanks

I don't think the disc is region locked, so don't see any reason why it wouldn't work in a UK PC.

Shipping to the UK for the deluxe edition is calculated at $18.40 for me. The regular disc (the free one without the special extra bits) should cost less than that to ship, although the store won't let me figure it out at the moment.
    irishhips wrote: »
    I bought the full season months ago...does mean I'll get the disc? Do I have to get Deluxe version, if that the case then no thank you.

You can get the regular disc for just the cost of shipping. You don't have to get the deluxe upgrade - the regular edition, which is just the disc by itself, is free.
  • edited August 2011
    thanks, i'll order the disc then,

thanks
  • edited August 2011
    Shipping is only $15.25 today. Maybe if I wait five more days shipping will only be 25 cents!!
  • edited August 2011
    OK. So the freebie version says, "Full series for PC and Mac – all 5 episodes"

The Deluxe pack says, "Collector's DVD with all 5 game episodes + bonus content"

Is that implying that there are bonus features on the deluxe DVD that won't be on the Collector's DVD, or is the "Bonus Content" all the feelies?
    edited August 2011
    Pak-Man wrote: »
    OK. So the freebie version says, "Full series for PC and Mac – all 5 episodes"

The Deluxe pack says, "Collector's DVD with all 5 game episodes + bonus content"

Is that implying that there are bonus features on the deluxe DVD that won't be on the Collector's DVD, or is the "Bonus Content" all the feelies?

The disc itself is exactly the same, regardless of whether you order the deluxe version or the regular freebie version.
  • edited August 2011

your commentary would probaly be hillarious.

I can picture the first few seconds all you would here is "sigH..............."
  • edited August 2011
    Now that BttF has wound down, newcomers probably remember that they are entitled to a free disc. Here's a quick FAQ on how you get it:

1. Make sure you bought it directly from Telltale. Only PC/Mac pruchases from Telltale's store qualify. iPad, PS3 and third party sites do not get a free disc.

2. Wait. Telltale always adds bonus content to their discs, so it actually takes some time before they even put up the pre-orders.

3. Pre-order. This gives Telltale a good idea how many discs need to be pressed. If you don't pre-order, you'll still get your disc, but it will take more time. Telltale will put up a blog post when they are available.

4. Pay for shipping. The discs are free, but you will still have to pay for shipping. If you are not in the US or Canada, and you want a bunch of things from Telltale, it may be cheaper to have everything shipped at once, so keep this in mind, too.

5. More waiting!

6. Get your disc. Hug it and be nice to it. It won't bite, I promise.

[highlight]UPDATE FROM ALAN:[/highlight]

I tried to get/buy both the Collectors and Deluxe Edition of the BTTF game, but when I looked in my cart, the only Edition of the BTTF game in the the cart, was the Deluxe Edition and nothing else. Am I only able to get/buy one, and not both the Collectors and Deluxe Edition? :confused:
  • edited August 2011
    Still wont let me add the deluxe edition to the basket :(
  • edited August 2011
    I tried to get/buy both the Collectors and Deluxe Edition of the BTTF game, but when I looked in my cart, the only Edition of the BTTF game in the the cart, was the Deluxe Edition and nothing else. Am I only able to get/buy one, and not both the Collectors and Deluxe Edition? :confused:

You don't need both. Basically, the deluxe edition contains the collectors edition as well as other exclusive stuff.
    edited August 2011

Yep, only one disc per person, whether it's in the deluxe edition upgrade or just the freebie by itself. The deluxe edition just contains the free disc plus the feelies, so you're not missing out on any disc content by having one and not the other.
  • edited August 2011
    mathman77 wrote: »
    Shipping is only $15.25 today. Maybe if I wait five more days shipping will only be 25 cents!!

This seems ridiculously high for shipping, isn't there a cheaper option available? Will someone elaborate? I mean, I want the deluxe edition, but it seems crazy to pay 15 dollars for shipping...
    edited August 2011
    Regarding the unusual shipping costs, Kevin Bruner (one of Telltale's top dudes) said this in another thread:
    Kevin wrote: »
    We're looking into it, stay tuned! If you're overcharged for any reason, we'll refund the difference!
  • edited August 2011
    I love the cover of the Deluxe edition!
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Yep, only one disc per person, whether it's in the deluxe edition upgrade or just the freebie by itself. The deluxe edition just contains the free disc plus the feelies, so you're not missing out on any disc content by having one and not the other.

So your saying that it's only one dics per person?:confused: O.K. so if I get the Collectors Edition first, and then I try to get/buy the Deluxe Edition on a sepret order but same name, it would say no or what exactly?:confused: Why can't I just buy/pay for both?:confused:
  • edited August 2011
    Regarding the unusual shipping costs, Kevin Bruner (one of Telltale's top dudes) said this in another thread:
    If he's looking in to it, then he KNOWS we're being overcharged!
  • edited August 2011
    This seems ridiculously high for shipping, isn't there a cheaper option available? Will someone elaborate? I mean, I want the deluxe edition, but it seems crazy to pay 15 dollars for shipping...

It's the only option available. Maybe it's high due to the new warehouse, I don't know. The strange thing is I checked yesterday and shipping was $18.25. I'm going to hold out another day just to see if the rate goes down again.

Also, the DVD alone ships for $8. How can the deluxe edition, which appears to be a bunch of extra paper, add $7 to the shipping price?!
    edited August 2011
    So your saying that it's only one dics per person?:confused: O.K. so if I get the Collectors Edition first, and then I try to get/buy the Deluxe Edition on a sepret order but same name, it would say no or what exactly?:confused: Why can't I just buy/pay for both?:confused:

The Collector's Edition is just the regular old disc by itself, which is basically a nice freebie for buying the game directly from Telltale. The only way to get the disc is by buying BTTF from the Telltale store.

The Deluxe Edition is the same disc, but it comes with some extra goodies to have and to hold, to love and to cherish etc. The money you pay for the Deluxe Edition is extra money for the feelies - the disc in that pack is the same free Collector's Edition disc.

If you wanted two discs for some reason, you'd have to buy two copies of the game. Otherwise you'd be able to get the entire game plus Deluxe Edition feelies for less than the game's ticket price, plus have another free hardcopy of the game to sell or give away, and that doesn't make a lot of sense if Telltale want to stay in business! You can for sure get both, but you'd have to buy the game twice.
  • edited August 2011
    Seavord wrote: »
    i got the reciept from paypal but was just worried cause it didnt load the processing screen and is it supposedto appear on the my games page as a purchase or is the paypal the only confermation i get sorry im new to purchasing on this site so im all :confused:

still waiting for a reply as im still confused havent recieved anything from telltale by email only the paypal receipt need to know if thats all that i need cause theres nothing on my profile telling me ive preordered the deluxe version or my email >_<
  • edited August 2011
    The Collector's Edition is just the regular old disc by itself, which is basically a nice freebie for buying the game directly from Telltale. The only way to get the disc is by buying BTTF from the Telltale store.

The Deluxe Edition is the same disc, but it comes with some extra goodies to have and to hold, to love and to cherish etc. The money you pay for the Deluxe Edition is extra money for the feelies - the disc in that pack is the same free Collector's Edition disc.

If you wanted two discs for some reason, you'd have to buy two copies of the game. Otherwise you'd be able to get the entire game plus Deluxe Edition feelies for less than the game's ticket price, plus have another free hardcopy of the game to sell or give away, and that doesn't make a lot of sense if Telltale want to stay in business! You can for sure get both, but you'd have to buy the game twice.

I do want both of the Editions; one for playing and the other for my display. But how how do I buy the BTTF game twice, and make sure that both copies are different Editions? I mean I tried to buy both Editions together in one order, but when I checked the cart, the only Edition that was in there, was the Deluxe Edition(because I "upgraded"). So like I asked earlier: Do I have to make two sepret orders (with or without the same account name), in order to have BOTH Editions?:confused:

P.S. Cant we just get the BTTF game Collector's Edition at any video game store, or do you have to get it from Telltale.com in order to get the game as a disc at all?
    edited August 2011
    Seavord wrote: »
    still waiting for a reply as im still confused havent recieved anything from telltale by email only the paypal receipt need to know if thats all that i need cause theres nothing on my profile telling me ive preordered the deluxe version or my email >_<

Was your account actually charged? If the order went through ok on Telltale's side, you should see an invoice under the "Stuff You've Bought" section on your Games page. If not, email support@telltalegames.com for help (include any reference numbers you have handy).
    I do want both of the Editions; one for playing and one for my display. But how how do I buy the BTTF game twice, and make sure that both copies are different Editions? I tried to buy them both together in one order, but when I checked the cart, the only Edition that was in there was the Collector's Edition. So like I asked earlier: Do I have to make two sepret orders with the same name, in order to have BOTH Editions?:confused:

You know that both edition's discs are exactly the same, right? Even the covers are the same, although the Deluxe Edition has an additional slipcover that goes over the regular cover.

If you really do want both, then instead of placing two separate orders (and paying two separate shipping charges), try emailing support@telltalegames.com with the request to get the Deluxe Edition upgrade, plus another copy of the game with the free Collector's Edition disc. I daresay they'll be able to sort you out.
    P.S. Cant we just get the BTTF game Collector's Edition at any video game store, or do you have to get it from Telltale.com in order to get the game as a disc at all?

The Tales of Monkey Island Collector's Edition (the one with the disc and feelies) was released outside the US via third party stores, but that was a long time after it came out in the Telltale store. I have no idea what their plans are for the BTTF stuff.
  • edited August 2011
    Was your account actually charged? If the order went through ok on Telltale's side, you should see an invoice under the "Stuff You've Bought" section on your Games page. If not, email support@telltalegames.com for help (include any reference numbers you have handy).

You know that both edition's discs are exactly the same, right? Even the covers are the same, although the Deluxe Edition has an additional slipcover that goes over the regular cover.

If you really do want both, then instead of placing two separate orders (and paying two separate shipping charges), try emailing support@telltalegames.com with the request to get the Deluxe Edition upgrade, plus another copy of the game with the free Collector's Edition disc. I daresay they'll be able to sort you out.

The Tales of Monkey Island Collector's Edition (the one with the disc and feelies) was released outside the US via third party stores, but that was a long time after it came out in the Telltale store. I have no idea what their plans are for the BTTF stuff.

So the cover of the Deluxe Edition is just a slipcover over the regular one? O.K. Thanks!:)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.