Dvd now shipping!

Comments

• FloFlo
    edited June 2011
    Tastes and opinions differ. While I didn't get all I would have wanted from this season of Back to the Future, I wouldn't really consider it a failure, let alone a lesson on "how not to make a game". I'll be happy to devote the shelf space next to my other Telltale boxes.
  • edited June 2011
    jweir wrote: »
    Or maybe you should just read the first post of this thread, very very carefully... You're still at step 2 (as is everyone else) at this point, unless you didn't order the PC/MAC version directly from Telltale. Step 2 will literally take months to get through.

i did order it diectly from telltale
  • edited July 2011
    Will the disc only be available for pre-orders or will it be in a real store? I'm frightened of something I have to pay for in order to download, but I loves me some bonus features! It does seem strange to me that it takes so long after completion to turn the download game into a disc.

It is confirmed there will be a DVD version of the game?

At any rate, I definitely look forward to getting this and other TellTale games, but like I said, I loves me things I can touch.
  • edited July 2011
    pinky75910 wrote: »
    Will the disc only be available for pre-orders or will it be in a real store? I'm frightened of something I have to pay for in order to download, but I loves me some bonus features! It does seem strange to me that it takes so long after completion to turn the download game into a disc.
    There will be a disc through Telltale, for any valid orders of the game(not just pre-orders). This is the case with all of Telltale's "Season" games(Sam and Max 1, 2, and 3, SBCG4AP, Wallace and Gromit, Tales of Monkey Island, Back to the Future), and has been confirmed in blog posts. While the disc hasn't been PROMINENTLY mentioned and advertised, it is something you will be getting.

The game disc isn't going to be in the actual stores, though they may later have another publisher release a retail disc into store locations. The Telltale discs are always* better than the ones in retail stores. They tend to have bonus features of some sort, and the time it takes Telltale to put out the disc comes from them producing these extras and the fact that they're self-publishing the discs.

*There's one minor exception with their Wallace and Gromit games, whose disc requires online authentication that is identical to the Telltale store so there's really no point in owning the disc at all whereas the retail store disc is far better DRM-wise, but that's not likely to be repeated.
  • edited July 2011
    I heard the the Tales of Monkey Island dvd took months to ship. Will this be the same case as bttf since its not Telltales own?
  • edited July 2011
    I have no control, and more importantly NO IDEA when these discs will be released. Based on past experience, they have taken about four to six months.

Here's your answer
  • edited July 2011
    Here's your answer

Thank you
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I heard the the Tales of Monkey Island dvd took months to ship. Will this be the same case as bttf since its not Telltales own?

Technically, it was exactly the same with Tales of Monkey Island. TTG had acquired/ been granted temporary rights to the license. So don't expect any faster delivery, this is most probably done the same way as in 2006 to 2010. ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Technically, it was exactly the same with Tales of Monkey Island. TTG had acquired/ been granted temporary rights to the license. So don't expect any faster delivery, this is most probably done the same way as in 2006 to 2010. ;)

oh i see
  • edited July 2011
    I'm going to ask you guys politely to stop PMing mods and to find out when the DVD is available. Telltale will release that information on the blog and on the forums. So please don't PM staff or mods we have a lot of things to take care of when we are online. We do have some answers but not all of them..and the answers we do have. We put into this nice little FAQ for you.
    edited July 2011
    I totally agree. There is no reason to PM moderators. They know exactly as much as you all do.
  • edited July 2011
    if i bought the game on the PS3, can i buy the disc?
  • edited July 2011
    i don't think so futureboy88
  • edited July 2011
    You have to buy the game through TTG to receive the PC disc... It is doubtful (though not impossible) that there will ever be a PS3 disc copy and even if there was you would still have to pay full price for it.
  • edited July 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    You have to buy the game through TTG to receive the PC disc... It is doubtful (though not impossible) that there will ever be a PS3 disc copy and even if there was you would still have to pay full price for it.

perhaps telltale will one day release their complete collection on ps3 discs
  • edited July 2011
    I would rebuy many of their titles if they did release a physical disc for PS3
  • edited July 2011
    The Back to the Future Collector's DVD is looking like a late summer release at this point. Of course, I'll update you guys when there's more information!
  • edited July 2011
    The Back to the Future Collector's DVD is looking like a late summer release at this point. Of course, I'll update you guys when there's more information!

Great!

btw, what about episode 5 walkthrought? Please post it on your blog! :)
  • edited July 2011
    Cez24 wrote: »
    Great!

btw, what about episode 5 walkthrought? Please post it on your blog! :)

Please tell me you are not stuck at this game when
    The game is incredibly easy
    Their are hints ingame
    The game is incredibly easy
    There is a hint forum here
    The game is incredibly easy.
  • edited July 2011
    We posted many times why we need Walkthrough...

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25483
    I know the game is very easy, but I like text Walkthrough which I can save on my disc

Same here! I'm making an Installer for the entire disc!
  • edited July 2011
    Cez24 wrote: »
    We posted many times why we need Walkthrough...

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25483

Yeah, it's been almost a MONTH for goodness sake!
  • edited July 2011
    zelda42293 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's been almost a MONTH for goodness sake!

Well keep waiting, because one of the makers of the game told me, that the BTTF game disc will be released 6 months after the release of last episode.:mad:
    edited July 2011
    Well keep waiting, because one of the makers of the game told me, that the BTTF game disc will be released 6 months after the release of last episode.:mad:

And which "maker" was that? I highly doubt those statements. To my knowledge, it has never been six months between a season's last episode and the DVD release. Granted, I've only experienced Sam & Max Season 2, Season 3 and Tales of Monkey Island AND there is a rather large number of those DVDs to be pressed this time. But rest assured, you'll have this wayyyy BEFORE X-mas. :D
  • edited July 2011
    Actually, Tales of Monkey Island took almost seven months from the release of the last episode to the first shipment of the Deluxe Edition discs (with the start of pre-orders falling almost exactly in the middle). That said, the regular DVD shipped at least a couple weeks earlier, if I remember, and the wait time improved drastically for Sam & Max season 3, with only four and a half months between the last episode and the DVD shipments, with pre-orders starting before the two month mark.

Unfortunately, with Telltale's physical merchandise removed from their store while they relocate their warehouse (or whatever it is they're doing, I'm not entirely sure), it's hard to say for certain how long it'll be before BttF DVD pre-orders begin. A good estimate is another 1-2 months if things go smoothly, with the DVD shipping about 2-3 months after that.
  • edited July 2011
    6 months my arse.
  • edited July 2011
    Yep, info from a Telltale employee trumps speculation based on past releases.
  • edited July 2011
    Late summer? Cool! Telltale should include the walkthroughs from their blog, as well as the one from Episode 5 that wasn't posted yet, if there is one.
  • edited July 2011
    is the bonus content worth it? is it something i can just watch online anyways?
  • edited July 2011
    I think the bonus material has been worth it.... I like the commentaries and concept art included.
  • edited July 2011
    And which "maker" was that? I highly doubt those statements. To my knowledge, it has never been six months between a season's last episode and the DVD release. Granted, I've only experienced Sam & Max Season 2, Season 3 and Tales of Monkey Island AND there is a rather large number of those DVDs to be pressed this time. But rest assured, you'll have this wayyyy BEFORE X-mas. :D

The person's name, who gave me the info on the BTTF game DVD release is "divisionten."
  • edited July 2011
    The one who gave me the info on the bttf game dvd release is "divisionten."
    First of all, you entirely misunderstood divisionten's post, but also that she's just a community mod and not a paid employee of Telltale in ANY capacity, let alone a "game maker" of any sort. She's just a member of the community like anybody else. The "Game Maker" people and other Telltale paid employees have RED names in the forums, with Telltale logos next to them. Divisionten, as awesome as she is, does not know any more than the average forum member of around her join date. =P
  • edited July 2011
    Oops! Then when will BTTF game DVD REALY be released?
  • edited July 2011
    Oops! Then when will BTTF game DVD REALY be released?
    Alan Johnson, the paid Community Manager for Telltale Games, has said that as of right now, it looks like it will be a late summer release, and he'll keep us updated on any changes in that plan.
  • edited July 2011
    Guys unless you have an actual question about how the DVD works or how you get it please don't cause any ruckus.

Kudos for dashing for helping keeping this thread in order.
  • edited July 2011
    First of all, you entirely misunderstood divisionten's post, but also that she's just a community mod and not a paid employee of Telltale in ANY capacity, let alone a "game maker" of any sort. She's just a member of the community like anybody else. The "Game Maker" people and other Telltale paid employees have RED names in the forums, with Telltale logos next to them. Divisionten, as awesome as she is, does not know any more than the average forum member of around her join date. =P

Thank you Dashing. I'm a moderator (gray name, like Icedhope). I'm not an employee (red name, like Alan). I make the FAQs for the forum to help out new forum members, but, believe it or not, I was doing that even before I was asked to moderate. I started buying Telltale games when Strong Bad was released, but I didn't start using the forums 'till a little over a year ago.

Honestly, I don't know WHEN the discs are released, as I've stated before, just HOW to get them.

And it did take about four months for the S&M Season 3 discs, and about 6 for ToMI, so there was a precedent for that.

But if Alan says that they're going to be released late summer, listen to him. I edited the OP of this thread to reflect that.
  • edited July 2011
    I am personally looking forward for a Blu-Ray collection containing the Playstation 3 version of the game. Any chance we may see that in the near future?
  • edited July 2011
    AngelHalo wrote: »
    I am personally looking forward for a Blu-Ray collection containing the Playstation 3 version of the game. Any chance we may see that in the near future?

Not really. It could happen, but theyve never done that with any other PSN release.
  • edited July 2011
    AngelHalo wrote: »

I would like that as well...would definitely save space on my PS3...but like Gman5852 just said, there's no precedent for that.
  • edited July 2011
    I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

even though I had no idea i'd get one until now
  • edited July 2011
    hibob7 wrote: »
    I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

even though I had no idea i'd get one until now

Come on now, that's not even remotely constructive. Please don't make posts like this in the FAQ thread.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.