Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• As shown in season 1 episode 2, Kenny used to hunt alone in the period that the group were living on the Travelier Motel.

• edited August 2014

In SE1 EP2, when handing out food, a unique dialog comes up for Clementine if you give her the apple. She'll say, "I love apples!".

In SE1 EP1, if you call up to Clementine's treehouse before going into the house, Clem will recall it later in EP3 while in the RV. She'll say that she was going to drop a hammer on you, but didn't. And one of Lee's responses to her is, "That's nice". haha

Being silent the whole time with The Stranger in S1 EP5 will prompt him to say something like, "I'm glad this didn't have to get violent".

Whatever you choose Lee to say to Clementine at the end of the game will later be recalled by her when she's talking to Luke in S2 EP1 at dinner.

In 400 days, at the beginning of Vince's scenario, you have an overlooked option to ditch the gun in a storm drain located at the bottom of the screen.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

That last one's interesting.

In SE1 EP2, when handing out food, a unique dialog comes up for Clementine if you give her the apple. She'll say, "I love apples!". In SE

• There is a vent on the side of the shed at the mansion. It is easily missed but you can see it when you are searching for Clem, and it explains how she found the boat.

During the bandit raid you can yell to the group members you are saving.

• What you do with lee's arm is the determines whether you faint or not in the attic.

That's odd

If you let Carley die, she will leave a bloody hand print before she is devoured. http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131214221957/walkingdead/images/thumb/e/e6/AND_Carley_Devoured.png/1024px-AND_Carley_Devoured.png

• Probably everyone spotted that but here we go. If Troy hits Clem in Episode 3, when Clem is putting the walker guts on her, she don't put in her cheek( where she have a wound). But if Clem wasn't hit she put the guts all over her face. Maybe this is a hint for Sarita's fate. :(

• edited June 2014

Here's one I'm not sure anybody's mentioned yet, but:

Alt text

The fact Luke reappears in a comic book store. Yes, out of all the shops out there that have to be in Carver's camp, he shows up to ask for Clem's help in one selling comics with a superhero cardboard cut out of 'Super Arrow Pants Man' in the background.

It's been mentioned before by other fans that Luke's character is played off as a little bit of a hero cliche, with even have that machete strapped on his back like some fantasy character with a sword. He's got the Superman morals of right and wrong, and he's not willing to go kill people, not even Carver. In fact, I took a test for our farmboy and that was one of the first few questions that came up 'is he a farmboy?' along with 'does he have a tragic past?' and one that made me laugh the most 'did he once work for the villain?'

And here are Luke's results:

Alt text

Alt text
    It could just be an accident, but I found it oddly convenient this is where he winds up meeting Clementine to try and figure out a plan to 'rescue' everybody and save the day, without going guns blazing and killing people like Kenny had planned. I think it's like what somebody said once, that trying to be like type of hero in that world isn't always going to work, especially one with zombies in it and where good and evil isn't always so black and white. And it doesn't work, Luke screws up and gets himself caught, because he's isn't no superman and isn't immune to the human needs of sleep, food and needing a hug.

Could just be a coincidence, but I still found it interesting.

[P.S I didn't make these pic edits XD.]

Oh! And I also I noticed near the end of episode 3, you can see the words "Moving Towards The Future" written on the side of the truck as the group go to walk through the herd. Along with the irony of 'Hiring Now' banner near to where the group are kept prisoners.

• This one time my brother filled my mothers tuba with flour for April Fool's Day. At the same time my mother thought it would be funny to wake me up with her tuba.

What happened?

Well just about what you'd expect.

That's funny.

I don't know why I remember that.

Bluebirdo posted: »

It was strange.

• What an amazing sound! if this music is really for the end of the Season. it was certainly a great choice! Anadel rocks!

TheMPerson posted: »

Light huh...oh the irony... Light- Anadel Anyway...after looking for the credit songs...I found this...think this may be a final song

• I didn't feel bad for him and I didn't want him to get away with what he did either, I pitied him

hihitwd posted: »

Fuck, now I feel bad about him getting shot to the dick.

• edited June 2014

I started laughing so hard when I came across Luke's head on the superhero cutout.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Here's one I'm not sure anybody's mentioned yet, but: The fact Luke reappears in a comic book store. Yes, out of all the shops out th

• Alt text

Alt text

Oh, I told her to keep her hair short. I plan on doing another playthrough and I am gonna check that.

• edited June 2014

In All That Remains when peaking in the conversation of the house meeting, in the last peak sequence look in the room until it goes full red (as you hear Carlos said take Clem with them if they didn't want to leave her behind as they were planning to leave after Nick made that shot which attracted the walkers near the cabin). Then Carlos says he wants to tuck Sarah in as you see Clem peeking and get scared and backs to the wall as Carlos almost leaves the kitchen but Pete said he wants to talk a little more and Carlos goes back in. No more peaking after that!

Also as many know when Carver observed the chessboard he said white's in trouble, three moves away from checkmate. This actually predicted Carver's defeat in Ep3. Carver is the white king and Clem/Kenny/Luke are the black pieces. The board had more black than white. White being Carver's group, black being Clem's. He said three moves so here's how it goes...

Move 1: Clem get's the jump on Carver causing him to move away.

Move 2: Led by Kenny's punching him, making Carver move back.

Move 3: Ends with Luke taking Carver's AK-74 and points at him. Carver get's cornered. CHECKMATE!

Ironically Carver predicted his own defeat.

• It's weird to be able to say or do negative things towards Kenny then see Clem make a face like that. Maybe it's a thing where Clem sees Kenny as a familiar person who she wasn't close to in Season 1, but is now starting to slowly build up a friendship with him.

Well, I think that's the option for "Edgy Clem", very much like you could play "Scumbag Lee" to your liking. You can also say negative stuff

• when sarah is talking about being friends with clementine, you can get some determinant dialogue like this:

I'm worried about saying I'll be your friend, and having to so something not friendly.

Foreshadowing much??!

• I remember that too. If happens if you say 'we just met, we're not friends'.

It's why I really think something bad is going to happen T____T

when sarah is talking about being friends with clementine, you can get some determinant dialogue like this: I'm worried about saying I'll be your friend, and having to so something not friendly. Foreshadowing much??!

• Thought this was hilarious:

In Starved for help, if you remain silent when Andy St. John grabs Clementine at the dinner table Lee will let out an Incredible Hulk like roar.

• I forgot where I read this, but Telltale purposely makes character models asymmetrical to look more human. Good luck forgetting that one.

I don't know the definition so I probably won't look it up to keep my immersion.

I forgot where I read this, but Telltale purposely makes character models asymmetrical to look more human. Good luck forgetting that one.

• Holy shit I did not notice that

In All That Remains when peaking in the conversation of the house meeting, in the last peak sequence look in the room until it goes full red

• edited July 2014

In 400 days, in Wyatt's scenario, not reacting to when Eddie asks for "sticky" in the glovebox will prompt some funny dialog, ending in him saying that Wyatt has "man boobs".

In S2 EP1, Clementine can play fetch with Sam the dog. She'll throw the frisbee disc offscreen by the third throw and say how it was fun while it lasted.

In S2 EP2, at the bridge, depending on how rude Clementine was to Carlos previously and on a certain dialog choice, he will say "And you're lucky you aren't my daughter".

In S2 EP2, while in the lodge, Sarita sings a Christmas song and Sarah asks what it's about. Sarita then tells her a story about 2 people hiking through a snow storm. This hints to possible, upcoming events in Episode 5.

In S2 EP3, Clementine can actually get Reggie in trouble. When free roaming in the bunk area, going to the far right and interacting with the door will prompt Troy to open it and then scold Reggie for messing up. Troy also calls Sarita an "Indian lady" in this scene to which she proudly agrees she is. Then later on at the greenhouse, Reggie will mention to Clem that Carver yelled at him and is on the "thinnest ice" with him.

Carver's violent antics are reminiscent to a movie character that his voice actor, Michael Madsen, played in the 1992 film "Reservoir Dogs".

• Her face looks funny.

If you let Carley die, she will leave a bloody hand print before she is devoured. http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131214221957/walkingdead/images/thumb/e/e6/AND_Carley_Devoured.png/1024px-AND_Carley_Devoured.png

• It's a response to something Lee says, and a petty insult directed only at Lee until Kenny the next person who agrees with Lee speaks against him. And then they move on because tensions are too high for anyone to focus make a bigger thing out of how silly Kenny's response was, because the conflict in question is whether or not it's okay to throw out a bitten child, especially when his parents are present.

Larry will accuse Kenny of being a flaming homosexual if the right dialouge is chosen.

• She never really knew for sure. Larry only strictly warned her of Lee's possible criminal liability, but I don't think he ever mentioned to her who he was or anything besides that. Because when Lee does tell Lilly, she says "Dad said there was something about you". Those exact words and nothing more concerning what Larry knew about Lee.

BoatsNHoes posted: »

Huh, i thought i tried that after Carley's suggestion but i guess not. But even if you dont confess, she already knows of your past which is

• You don't know she's gettin' raped. However it is possible she begged them to tell her where her kid was via sexual favors, as she does say she begged them "every way she could think". Or possibly she only begged by offering everything she knew she had to offer, and they just didn't accept it, because she says they only just laughed at her when she did.

Oh I never knew that first one! Cool. Here are some that you might not know. I believe there was a monkey wrench in the train stat

• I remember Chet. He missed hot dish night.

Oh I never knew that first one! Cool. Here are some that you might not know. I believe there was a monkey wrench in the train stat

• Then she presumably must have struggled with a bloody zombie.

• So what? It's just a comic store. Could have been symbolism. As of Z Day, everyone has a tragic past in this universe. Everyone Clem met at the cabin used to work for the villain. Hell, Luke was even a semi-leader before the villain became a villain. Farm boys are among the most likely to survive a zombie apocalypse, second only to their redneck cousins. Growing up on a farm is only convenient to the type of heroes who have to keep their very nature a secret, unlike those who simply pick up vigilantism later. And believe it or not, there is a name for that back-belt thingy, and clearly it's got a practical use in today's world. I know it, but I'm gonna make you look it up because I don't want to sound like a nerd.

It seems like you only got started on this because of the comic store.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Here's one I'm not sure anybody's mentioned yet, but: The fact Luke reappears in a comic book store. Yes, out of all the shops out th

• Oh.... Rightail... You are my favorite almost-troll. +1.

Rigtail posted: »

Gotta teach her not to be sassy!

• Wow that's clever.

I forgot where I read this, but Telltale purposely makes character models asymmetrical to look more human. Good luck forgetting that one.

• Or it's probably just a cool thing that they did. Even if Clem doesn't get hit, uhm, that happens.

Morloki posted: »

Probably everyone spotted that but here we go. If Troy hits Clem in Episode 3, when Clem is putting the walker guts on her, she don't put i

• You can also click on a prompt to look at the vent. Show's they're thinking of not-stupid players.

There is a vent on the side of the shed at the mansion. It is easily missed but you can see it when you are searching for Clem, and it explains how she found the boat. During the bandit raid you can yell to the group members you are saving.

• Even darker...

dojo32161 posted: »

Here I'll bring a light:

• Aww shit. That doesn't bode well.

skoothz posted: »

Some more stuff about Nick, because I love that stupid kid. Here's a "things I noticed about Nick" masterpost. The logo on his shirt is f

• Maybe it's possible that he took the hoodie Clem doesn't take when you decide it's wrong to steal food from the car?

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Ok, now since we talked about Nick, let's talk about the original.... BEN! In episode 2 Ben had a white hoodie. But after that out of nowhere had a red hoodie.

• Yeah I saw that too. Too bad, he dead. He deserve it.

sardines posted: »

I don't know, it sure looks like some form of guilt to me.

• Thought this was hilarious: In Starved for help, if you remain silent when Andy St. John grabs Clementine at the dinner table Lee will let out an Incredible Hulk like roar.

• Kenny calls Lee a "Fucking Mute" If the player has been choosing the "..." option since the start of the game

Go to 5:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-a_oOTibg0

Sign in to comment in this discussion.