Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

And since I'm here, there's quite a few details I noticed throughout the final fight scene:

That sniper that shoots Omar is purposefully trying to scare everyone and force them into cover. You can see that when you're dragging Omar, the sniper is purposely missing and delaying their shots to keep the group behind cover while the rest of the raiders break through the gate.

There's also that molotov that gets thrown at the gate after Omar is shot. It was purposely thrown in front of the gate in order to soften up the barrier, making it easier to break through.

The obvious one most people probably recognized: Lilly throws a final molotov at the gates during her retreat in order to stop the group from chasing after them.

People already know that Lilly can shoot her gun as Violet/Louis tackle her, depending on what Clementine says to her. Clementine actually reacts to the gunshot if it happens: she briefly closes her eyes, makes a pained expression, and shakes her head. You also hear a brief tinnitus/ringing sound.

There's actually two carts that the raiders wheel in. Mitch ends up destroying one of the carts with his bomb, which causes the second horse to run away afterwards. You can see pieces of the destroyed cart scattered around during a few scenes.

• edited October 2018

Ok so I've never seen anyone mention it but did y'all know that during the ending of Ep 2 you can kill walkers using your knife too instead of the bow? I've just heard people mention that you can move around but I didn't expect to be able to use your knife

Nice.

You can, so long as the walkers are not on fire. If they are on fire, I believe you can only knock them down, but will need to shoot them. If they're not on fire, you can kill them or knee them/kill them normally.

Good to know!

You wanna know something even neater? If you shoot a walker in the leg with an arrow, it stuns them.

I didn't know that!

And if you shoot throught the fire the arrow take fire and lit the walkers

Okay, i'm not used to this much freedom in my telltale action-setpiece!

• This makes telltale closures even more sad...

GSSalvador posted: »

Ok so I've never seen anyone mention it but did y'all know that during the ending of Ep 2 you can kill walkers using your knife too instead

• ...Well, aren't you a gamer. :lol:

Also, dat typo o' mine.

No. With the other walkers if you get too close you get the stun or kill prompt + if you don't press anything you get into a QTE sequence

• Damn this keeps getting better and better

Deltino posted: »

You wanna know something even neater? If you shoot a walker in the leg with an arrow, it stuns them.

• In Done Running, if you hit all the rabbits with arrows and snap the baby’s neck, Aasim will still say there isn’t enough food here for everyone. In what universe does several rabbits not provide a sufficient amount of meat for a bunch of kids/teens? In S1 we had to disperse 4 snacks for 10 people, I call bs on this.

• Maybe they eat more than they should?

• More similiarities :'(

• Louis's piano playing may not actually be as bad as listening to his introduction would seem to indicate and may in fact be an extension of his mood.

Aside from obviously playing Oh My Darling well upon being asked if he knows any other song besides the one he seemed to be playing a little badly, Suffer the Children has him go back to the piano room in the hours before The Deltas show up. Keep in mind that, according to his and Violet's comments, this and his archery practice are some of the first times he's gone off to do his own thing since Marlon & Brody's funeral.

If you choose to follow him to work this supposed project, he is found in the darkened room playing a somewhat somber song in the candlelight. Once Clementeen joins him and says that it's been a while since they've heard music, he responds that some would say she isn't about to hear any now and plays a few significantly simpler, bad sounding chords.

And after a bit of tuning and joking, he starts playing the somber song again and upon being asked what it is, he reveals that it's actually a song he's been making up.

• Maybe Aasim is just pessimistic by nature.

In Done Running, if you hit all the rabbits with arrows and snap the baby’s neck, Aasim will still say there isn’t enough food here for ever

• Are you trying to make me cry. Because that is how you make me cry.

NexusFire posted: »

More similiarities

• They must be used to having good sized meals every day for a few rabbits to not be enough

Maybe Aasim is just pessimistic by nature.

• You're not the only one crying :) :'(

Are you trying to make me cry. Because that is how you make me cry.

• If you chose to give Louis AJ’s gun (which I didn’t do in my play-through), he will later give it back to you once Clem and AJ are left to go on their way, saying just how stupid he was for leaving AJ unarmed. Just wanted to point it out in case people wanted to see more of Louis’ true caring side.

• This was the choice that I made because at the time I absolutely abhorred AJ and loved louis so the choice was pretty obvious for me

If you chose to give Louis AJ’s gun (which I didn’t do in my play-through), he will later give it back to you once Clem and AJ are left to g

• It's so weird that having any of the little touches you'd want in his early scenes depends on that choice.

If you chose to give Louis AJ’s gun (which I didn’t do in my play-through), he will later give it back to you once Clem and AJ are left to g

• Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the voice actor of Mitch is also the voice of Goro Akechi in Persona 5.

• And Chrollo

TheFurryOne posted: »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the voice actor of Mitch is also the voice of Goro Akechi in Persona 5.

• Also, James is voiced by the same voice actor who voiced Yu Narukami and Tohru Adachi in Persona 4.

Spoiler warning for Persona 4:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the voice actor of Mitch is also the voice of Goro Akechi in Persona 5.

• edited October 2018

He's also the voice of Kenshiro in Fist of the North Star for PS4.

As well as....

Marlon sharing a voice actor with Noctis Lucis Caelum, Ruby sharing a voice actor with Lightning from FF13, and Willy sharing a voice actor with Hayner from Kingdom Hearts 2.

EDIT: Oh, and Omar shares a voice actor with Torbjorn from Overwatch and Masayoshi Shido from Persona 5!

• I don't know if this was posted already, but there's a sweet/sad Kenny easter egg in EP2 of the final season.

• So he's officially a god now.

I don't know if this was posted already, but there's a sweet/sad Kenny easter egg in EP2 of the final season.

• Apparently it's Randy Tudor. Don't know why they make him look like Jesus with the long hair and all.

I don't know if this was posted already, but there's a sweet/sad Kenny easter egg in EP2 of the final season.

• edited October 2018

Haha I remember back in the day of Season 1 people would refer to Kenny as having a "godly mustache".

So he's officially a god now.

• edited October 2018

Oh okay. Then it's like Season 1's easter egg about him too.

Ghetsis posted: »

Apparently it's Randy Tudor. Don't know why they make him look like Jesus with the long hair and all.

• He was also in ANF.

• I thought it was Grady Standard in ANF?

Ghetsis posted: »

He was also in ANF.

• Both.
    In fact, it's entirely possible that the constellation is indeed both.

I thought it was Grady Standard in ANF?

• When Clem and violet kiss you can hear a quick moan

• You can also hear a moan when she kisses Louis. Think it's a bit louder when she kisses him :p

When Clem and violet kiss you can hear a quick moan

• If you let him just take his share of the food and leave, Abel won't use his left arm much at all.
    The one time he explicitly does so is when Clementeen slashes his hand later.

• Hey, that's my video! :blush: Wasn't expecting to see that on here haha

• It's really yours? haha What a coincidence.

Toitle_John posted: »

Hey, that's my video! Wasn't expecting to see that on here haha

• I mean, I guess? Michael Kirkbride confirmed that it's Randy Tudor though.

DabigRG posted: »

Both. In fact, it's entirely possible that the constellation is indeed both.

• Really now?
    Grown some long locks since the last time he showed up.

I mean, I guess? Michael Kirkbride confirmed that it's Randy Tudor though.

• Wow, I mean, I knew he had a powerful stache that was one of the greats, but I didn't know it was apparently Godlike.

I mean, I guess? Michael Kirkbride confirmed that it's Randy Tudor though.

• Since almost 80 percent of players attacked him Telltale figured nobody would notice

DabigRG posted: »

If you let him just take his share of the food and leave, Abel won't use his left arm much at all. The one time he explicitly does so is when Clementeen slashes his hand later.

• Yeah, well too bad I was savvy enough to look for and notice that.
    Especially since the same happened in Season 1

Also, he was casually firing a sawed off shotgun one-handed.

Since almost 80 percent of players attacked him Telltale figured nobody would notice

• Louis is low-key smart.

• Yep.

Louis is low-key smart.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.