Forum Nemesis

edited January 2015 in Forum Games

In the Forum Game, Nemesis, your goal is to become the ultimate Forumer and take over the Thread. Your goal is to fight against your other Forumers in order to take the top spot. At first, you start off at the lowest rank, or as a Soldier. You're kind of a lonely, sad individual, along with the rest of you. However, if you complete two events (which will be covered later) you can rise in the ranks. The three ranks are as follows:

Soldier - CONTAINS NO SPOTS

Captain - CONTAINS TEN SPOTS

Warlord - CONTAINS NO SPOTS

If you manage to make it to Warlord and/or are the last survivor, you are the winner of Nemesis! Now, for an explanation of events.

EVENTS

Events will raise your power level. The first to make it to a Power Level of 20, gets a chance to challenge the Warlord and perhaps win the game. The different types of events are:

Feast - You hold a feast for your followers. If you manage to keep the feast going for two real life days without either running away or dying, you gain a power level.

Ambush - You and your followers make an ambush on another Forumer of your choice. If you succeed in either killing the Forumer or making them run away, you will gain a power level. If the Forumer you ambushed survives however, they gain a power level.

Trial By Ordeal - You fight a lion in order to show your strength to your followers. Gains you two power levels if you succeed in killing the lion.

Recruitment - You attempt to gain followers to your cause. If you are not killed nor do you run away in two real life days, you gain a power level.

Execution - You decide to execute another Forumer. If you do so without dying or having the Forumer run away, you gain a power level. If the Forumer runs away however, THEY gain a power level.

Duel - You duel another Forumer, if they also choose to duel with you, you can fight each other in a luck-based battle. Luck-based minigames vary. Some Forumers can have a better advantage if their power level is higher than the others. Whoever wins the duel in a kill gains two power levels.

Whenever you wish to perform an event, message me and I will get it underway.

These events are not all you can do in the game. You as a Forumer can make other direct actions towards your fellow Forumers.

ACTIONS TOWARDS OTHERS

Kill - During a duel, if you win this is one of your options. It allows you to kill your opponent, doing away with them for good, hopefully.

Free - During a duel, if you win this is one of your options. It allows you to show mercy and let your opponent live another day but humiliating them, making them drop a power level. You gain THREE power levels from this.

Alliance - If another Forumer agrees with you, you may make an alliance with them, either secretly or in public. This alliance means you are not allowed to duel each other nor kill each other until you reach Captain. If you are already Captain, you can not make alliances, but you can force Soldiers to work with you, not allowing them to try and duel you until they become Captain. The Soldier does not have to agree with your claim to become your follower.

Humiliate - You choose a Forumer and attempt to humiliate them. If they are successfully humiliated, they lose a power level.

Gain Intel - Each and every Forumer has their own weaknesses and strengths. (Explained later) Once advancing a power level, you have a small chance to be able to gain Intel on a random Forumer. You can either keep these traits to yourself and use it to your own advantage, or post the Intel to everyone.

You must message me everytime you wish to perform an action, excluding Kill and Free, which will be prompted to you when you win a duel.

POWER LEVELS

Power levels are your basis for winning the game. To gain power levels, you must strategize and win events. Try humiliating your opponents to take them down without having to kill them.

The more power levels you have, the more followers and the better equipment you have. This makes it easier to win duels and other luck-based events. To win the game, you need twenty power levels and you must be able to beat the Warlord.

TITLES

Titles are just what you get during the game depending on the actions you take. For example, if I free another Forumer I dueled and beat, my name would be Choco the Merciful. You can also determine your title by other general actions, such as your weapons. If I fight others with a machete, I will be known as Choco the Razor-Sharp, and so on and so on.

TRAITS

Traits are weaknesses and strengths assigned to you at the beginning of the game. Nobody else knows your traits until they get Intel on you. You do not know if they have Intel on you unless they post it in the thread. Some examples of weakness are Vulnerable to Stealth and Fear of Lions. Some examples of strengths are Hatred of Pain and Invulnerable to Sharp Weapons.

This Nemesis will take place in Africa, where a group of warring nations are killing each other in horrible ways. You are one of the brand new soldiers stuck in the war zone, and you are attempting to become a Warlord. It's kill or be killed here, so you'd best watch out. The different locations you can perform events in are the Savannah, a harsh landscape full of heat and deadly animals. This is also the only place you may perform a Trial by Ordeal. There is also the Docks, an area great for executions and even has an arena for Dueling, if you want it to be sort of civilized. The final place is the City, an urban area with plenty of opportunities for gunfights and escapes. Good and easy place for recruitment.

And that should be all you need to know, so, I'll see you in the game, Soldiers. Prepare to die!

WARLORD

InGen the Beheader

CAPTAINS

@WalkerMage102 - Mage the Walker YOU HAVE TEN FOLLOWERS AND TEN POWER LEVELS

@Poogers555 - Poogers the Mutilator YOU HAVE TWENTY FOLLOWERS AND FIVE POWER LEVELS

@Saltlick123 - Saltlick the Old Man Killer YOU HAVE TWENTY FIVE FOLLOWERS AND TEN POWER LEVELS

SOLDIERS

@LiquidChicagoTed - Liquid the Wise YOU HAVE FORTY FOLLOWERS AND FIVE POWER LEVELS

@TheUnkGuy - SHOT IN THE HEAD BY MAGE

@supersagig - BEHEADED BY INGEN

@NoHopeLeft - Hope the Bloody YOU HAVE TWENTY FOLLOWERS AND THREE POWER LEVELS

@SivD1 - SivD the Adventurer YOU HAVE TWENTY FOLLOWERS AND ONE POWER LEVEL

@zachiscool - BURNED TO DEATH BY PAPAI

@papai46 - DROWNED IN GASOLINE

@Lord_EAA - Lord the One-Armed YOU HAVE TEN FOLLOWERS AND ONE POWER LEVEL

Alt text

Thanks to @Poogers555 for the picture!

Comments

• That sounds interesting! Count me in!

• I will join and pray a lot.

Alt text

• Joining!!!! :P

• edited January 2015

I'm in!

I'm guessing that this is based off the Namesis System from Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, considering the title and the options and such ;)

• I've been playing that game too much, eh?

No, there is never too much Shadow of Morder.

SivD1 posted: »

I'm in! I'm guessing that this is based off the Namesis System from Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, considering the title and the options and such

• edited January 2015

This sounds really interesting. Not sure if I should join, I won't have much free time in the upcoming few weeks.

• Then I take it that you're in, my friend? ;)

Pipas posted: »

This sounds really interesting. Not sure if I should join, I won't have much free time in the upcoming few weeks.

• Just edited, hit the post comment button too fast. :D

Then I take it that you're in, my friend?

• Too excited, I bet XD

Pipas posted: »

Just edited, hit the post comment button too fast.

• I'll join, Ill just hope my ass doesnt get kicked ;-;

• Let's see what happens :)

That sounds interesting! Count me in!

• Wait a second, are we like the Uruk society? BTW i'm joining this thang.

• Kind of. Basically the human version of Uruks though.

papai46 posted: »

Wait a second, are we like the Uruk society? BTW i'm joining this thang.

• edited January 2015

"Human version of Uruks"

Hmm... so American citizens?

Alt text

Kind of. Basically the human version of Uruks though.

• I'm kidding of course, my awesome mix of Britshness and Canadianism loves all!

"Human version of Uruks" Hmm... so American citizens?

• Alt text

"Human version of Uruks" Hmm... so American citizens?

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited January 2015

Shadow of Mordor nemesis system - forum edition?

Hell yeah. Count me in.

@InGen_Nate_Kenny - InGen the Psycho Redneck

Lol no. More like the Governor psycho

• @Saltlick123 - Saltlick the Old Man Killer

xD Hey, Hey, Hey, He's only one of the people I've killed and he had it coming

Alt text

• I must say... the titles you gave are absolutely brilliant (though I don't know how you came up with mine? Possibly because I make text adventures?).

Alt text

• I was stuck with trying to find a name for you, so I just went with describing Nate and Kenny, hence Psycho Redneck. :P

Shadow of Mordor nemesis system - forum edition? Hell yeah. Count me in. @InGen_Nate_Kenny - InGen the Psycho Redneck Lol no. More like the Governor psycho

• This may be true.

But what of your attempted murder of InGen? And your full-on murder of many others?

You dirty cow lollipop you.

Saltlick123 posted: »

@Saltlick123 - Saltlick the Old Man Killer xD Hey, Hey, Hey, He's only one of the people I've killed and he had it coming

• Not just Forum Werewolf,, I've cleaned the Streets of many cities.....and I killed a few peeps for a fun.......Want to hear about the stories....

Alt text

This may be true. But what of your attempted murder of InGen? And your full-on murder of many others? You dirty cow lollipop you.

• So guys, I wanted your opinions on this before I set it in stone, but I was thinking of reducing the limit to twelve in order to start this faster. What do you guys think?

• Well... we're at 11, and most of the people who are into these kind of forum games are here, so... It's up to you.

So guys, I wanted your opinions on this before I set it in stone, but I was thinking of reducing the limit to twelve in order to start this faster. What do you guys think?

• Very wel at the request of my awesome friend superchocolate i will join :)

God help you all >:)

• We reached 12 people!

ERMERGHERD a little poo-poo just fell out, curse you Super! violently shakes fist as iPad screen

• LORD THE NICE GUY

Yeah Nice guy thats sure to strike fear in to the other tittles

Yeah its way scarier that PSCHO REDNECK or OLD MAN KILLER its just terrifing ( im joking)

Also how do we determine duels victories and other outcomes? Do we roll a dice or something?

• May everyone rejoice as the final spot has been taken by Lord.

I'll start this up once I tell everyone their traits.

• It'll be...different, to say the least. You'll see what I mean when we have our first duel. :P

Lord_EAA posted: »

LORD THE NICE GUY Yeah Nice guy thats sure to strike fear in to the other tittles Yeah its way scarier that PSCHO REDNECK or OLD MAN K

• Wait are we doing this now?

May everyone rejoice as the final spot has been taken by Lord. I'll start this up once I tell everyone their traits.

• It'll probably begin either Monday or tomorrow, depends on when I get all the traits up and running.

Wait are we doing this now?

• My hype is getting bigger, also Im guessing we will need to choose what we will do

It'll probably begin either Monday or tomorrow, depends on when I get all the traits up and running.

• And you will determine them....how?

It'll probably begin either Monday or tomorrow, depends on when I get all the traits up and running.

• It's random how I determine them.

Lord_EAA posted: »

And you will determine them....how?

• All Traits have been sent, the game will start soon!

• Okay, only thing left is somebody to be the imortal warrior who will kill us all.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.