Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited October 2017 in Tales from the Borderlands

Post any details that people might not discover or even see on first playthroughs in Tales From The Borderlands.

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There is Banang in episode 1, it's location is in my spoiler tagged reply.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

In the bar when Fiona meets August.

OzzyUK posted: »

• Dammit, Dojo! You beat me to it! :P

Anyway.

On the Prosperity Junctions sign, there's a hanging skeleton. If you look closely, it has a psycho mask on. This is after Rhys is captured by the stranger guy. Keeping that in mind, we go to Vaughn and Rhys driving to the deal. You can see the same sign with the same corpse, but there's still skin on the body, and has the same mask. This means there's a decent period of time between Rhys and Fiona getting captured by the stranger, and the deal that goes wrong. And, since this is definitely the same sign, something happens which buries the sign, and presumably the town.

Soon after that scene, when Rhys asks for directions, looking closely at the sign on the side of the port-a-potty reveals that it says, "DOOK HUT No Fapping!"

• When walking to the bar as Fiano, you will come by sine graffiti, some of it will say "Save Doug"

• edited November 2014

(Spoiler?)During the race with Fiona, one her animations from the her fight are reused from the TWD game.

Alt text
    Alt text

• When the credits are rolling click enter and the credits will stop, and on the top corner it will say: ''Telltale will remember that''

• instant screenshot when i saw it xD

Alt text

OzzyUK posted: »

• Most of the animations are reused :P

(Spoiler?)During the race with Fiona, one her animations from the her fight are reused from the TWD game.

• Yeah, but this one really stands out.

IAmHoboKing posted: »

Most of the animations are reused :P

• edited November 2014

there are a lot of reused sounds from twd s2 in the menu when you scroll through the options it makes the same sound and at the start when rhys gets hit in the face it makes the same high pitch sound from the start of amid the ruins and some of the ak sounds are used too

• Also, the robot reminds me of the one in S&M S02E01 (and 05), what with him referencing music lyrics (War? What is it good for?). Also, could be a reference to S&M S1: "War? Oh what is it good for? It's good for you. It's good for me." I was waiting for the "And another one bites the dust" joke.

• When you first start playing as Fiona, when you see the markings on the wall, it says "save Doug" :p

• Nooo! How did I miss the Banang!

• Looks like they reused the Walking Dead version of Banang. ;)

• I think it was mostly a reference to the actual song and not the Sam and Max War song. However, I'm now hoping that Telltale makes a Maimtron 9000 reference in Tales from the Borderlands somehow. :p

Speaking of Loader Bot jokes, I loved the Futurama reference: "The spirit is willing but the metal is weak"

Fazz posted: »

Also, the robot reminds me of the one in S&M S02E01 (and 05), what with him referencing music lyrics (War? What is it good for?). Also,

• Eh, it didn't really stand out to me coming from someone who (usually) has an eye for this kind of thing. However, I probably wasn't thinking to look either. I dunno.

Yeah, but this one really stands out.

• edited November 2014

I think most people know this already, but whatever.

If you skip the credits, it will say at the top left: (?)TellTaleGames will remember that

• Even though I am one of the people who skipped the credits, I think it would be hilarious if Telltale included a post credit easter egg for the final episode that can only be viewed by players who watched the credits for every episode. :P

bloop posted: »

I think most people know this already, but whatever. If you skip the credits, it will say at the top left: (?)TellTaleGames will remember that

• edited November 2014

They should do that.

TEALLTALE! ARE YOU READING THIS?!

Even though I am one of the people who skipped the credits, I think it would be hilarious if Telltale included a post credit easter egg for the final episode that can only be viewed by players who watched the credits for every episode. :P

• The animation feels really exclusive to Nick, if you know what I mean.

Eh, it didn't really stand out to me coming from someone who (usually) has an eye for this kind of thing. However, I probably wasn't thinking to look either. I dunno.

• edited November 2014

I guess nobody died? Just me? Well then.

I died as Fiona during the race and when the game over screen popped up, the interrogator said that that's not true, that she's still alive. Fiona replied that she wanted to make the story more interesting or something like that. I bet there are more dialogues like that, someone else would need to check it though. :P

• I accidently died with Rhys, and the guy with the shotgun and mask then says:

'So, you died? You sure you want to go with that?' (Something like that)

To which Rhys replied:

'Well, but I could have.'

• When using the ECHO Eye on the skeletal fish in the World of Curiosities, it was say (paraphrased) "Can be summoned from the depths to perform an eleborate dance by shooting coloured barrels in a certain order.

This is a reference to the "Fish Riding Tannis" easter egg which is in every Borderlands game.

• There are, I died twice.

He was like 'well obviously you didn't die by bandits, you're sitting in front of me'

And Rhys goes 'but I COULD have been'

Pipas posted: »

I guess nobody died? Just me? Well then. I died as Fiona during the race and when the game over screen popped up, the interrogator said t

• Alt text

stirpicus posted: »

Hooray! So glad someone got that!

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

Hooray! So glad someone got that! :D

Trentest0 posted: »

When using the ECHO Eye on the skeletal fish in the World of Curiosities, it was say (paraphrased) "Can be summoned from the depths to perfo

• Sorry about that, this thread is my specialty.

IAmHoboKing posted: »

Dammit, Dojo! You beat me to it! :P Anyway. On the Prosperity Junctions sign, there's a hanging skeleton. If you look closely, it has

• edited November 2014

Rhys might be Handsome Jack's clone and Handsome Jack might plan to get a new body.

Of course this is just a theory and I did read about that "clone part" from TV Tropes WMG section.

Of course this is all just speculation.

• If you look at the Atlas sign with Rhys' robot eye, before the fight with "Greaseface", it will say that the last person to edit the page is what we can assume is Handsome Jack's username.

• I think it was hjack6969 or something like that.

dojo32161 posted: »

If you look at the Atlas sign with Rhys' robot eye, before the fight with "Greaseface", it will say that the last person to edit the page is what we can assume is Handsome Jack's username.

• edited November 2014

Yvette says she forgot her wallet, and yet later says she's going to eat when she's done talking to Vaughn and Rhys.

Is she going to steal someone else's food?

Also, I suppose some people know Bossanova's music is by Excision, and the song's called "X-Rated"

• Nick can have an exclusive animation but not a proper death? Damnit Nick

The animation feels really exclusive to Nick, if you know what I mean.

• Well, that would be for me!

I never skip credits.

Even though I am one of the people who skipped the credits, I think it would be hilarious if Telltale included a post credit easter egg for the final episode that can only be viewed by players who watched the credits for every episode. :P

• Yvette says she forgot her wallet, and yet later says she's going to eat when she's done talking to Vaughn and Rhys.

My Rhys gave her money for it. :P

Katalept posted: »

Yvette says she forgot her wallet, and yet later says she's going to eat when she's done talking to Vaughn and Rhys. Is she going to stea

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2014

Also, I suppose some people know Bossanova's music is by Excision, and the song's called "X-Rated"

Is it sad that I was only familiar with this song beforehand because of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x7oJxkZHxg

Katalept posted: »

Yvette says she forgot her wallet, and yet later says she's going to eat when she's done talking to Vaughn and Rhys. Is she going to stea

• If Rhys slaps Shade, it will say 'Shade's face will remember that.' XD

• This song is way 2spooky4me

Alt text

Also, I suppose some people know Bossanova's music is by Excision, and the song's called "X-Rated" Is it sad that I was only familiar with this song beforehand because of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x7oJxkZHxg

• (!) Loaderbot will store that in memory

This is what happens when you tell loaderbot to evacuate.

• Alt text

Green613 posted: »

This song is way 2spooky4me

Sign in to comment in this discussion.