Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, GoT Edition

Comments

• Me neither. Frostfinger just has that effect on people. I wonder if the Telltale staff are recording these stats as people play(like they did with Andy that one time), paying attention to how many people tried to ring the bell, speak to Frostfinger, or went up to the overlook at all?

I never knew there were so many interesting stuff at the overlook.

• You can win the betrothal without offering the Ironwood, just thought you should know.

But if you do, then no it won't screw up your deal. The Glenmores get the half the Whitehills had and whatever Tyrion would be getting would come from your remaining half.

• You're not giving Tyrion your ironwood forest, the deal is about being the the only one who sells ironwood to the crown.

• Asher is 21 years old.

• edited February 2015

I noticed that there are some sentences in the subtitles that don't have periods.

EDIT: also, when Gared is talking to Jon Snow the subtitles say "They killed my family...My father, my little sister." but he only says "They killed my family."

• clever, telltale. clever.

• edited February 2015

I also secured the betrothel with the forged letter and without giving half the forest away - but now I'm worried that I put Mira in danger with my stupid forgery. That's why I kept the short sword. Or long knife or whatever that murder weapon was. At least I can defend myself. Unless this made it even worse. OMG I can't stand this. I think I'm in trouble. Yikes 0.0

• I have a theory about Gared. I know that there is a possibility that he might die but if he survives this season he might become Ashers or Rodricks (whoever ends up being the lord in the end) Sentinel.. I got this idea because i was looking at the trophy page for the game and the last trophy for ep1 is called "Squire" and for ep6 is called "Sentinel". I actually really wish that none of the current playable characters die but thats not my call to make.

Heres the page if anyones interested: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/game-of-thrones-ps3/trophies/

Theres also some other cool references and potential foreshadows there but I wont go into that.

• The big problem with that is that there wouldn't really be a way to have them interact with each other. Since we, the players, choose how those characters act, it would be very odd for the game to control one entirely while we're playing as the other. Not to mention that there wouldn't really be any reason for him to becom Sentinel. The sentinel is supposed to be very experienced and knowledgeable, neither of which Gared is.

I have a theory about Gared. I know that there is a possibility that he might die but if he survives this season he might become Ashers or R

• Hmm the Sentinel trophy at the end of the game certainly is interesting but I don't think it will be Gared.

I have a theory about Gared. I know that there is a possibility that he might die but if he survives this season he might become Ashers or R

• Could be lack of communication between developer departments. The writers wrote the whole sentence out, but the VAs decided to just read only part of the sentence or the people that program the game just edited it out for whatever reason. Maybe an oversight.

• Final chapter of ep 4 is called Castellan.

Rip in peace Duncan?

• edited March 2015

Also, from episode 4 to 6 with the exception of the last trophy of every episode, each achievement states House mottos. They get more significant each time with the last one being Lannister, Targaryen, Stark and Forrester words.

Hmm the Sentinel trophy at the end of the game certainly is interesting but I don't think it will be Gared.

• or Royland

Final chapter of ep 4 is called Castellan. Rip in peace Duncan?

• Yeah I made a thread theorizing the predictions if you want - http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/comment/1866334#Comment_1866334

Davissons posted: »

Also, from episode 4 to 6 with the exception of the last trophy of every episode, each achievement states House mottos. They get more significant each time with the last one being Lannister, Targaryen, Stark and Forrester words.

• It's said by several people that Duncan is the Castellan, you're thinking of Sentinel.

or Royland

• My bad

It's said by several people that Duncan is the Castellan, you're thinking of Sentinel.

• edited March 2015

Not really.

The last one frome Episode 1 is 'Squire': Gared didn't die.

The last one from Episode 2 is 'Knight': No Knight dies (Damien is not a knight)

Now, Royland ('Master at Arms') and Duncan ('Castellan') could potentially die, but it wouldn't make sense to:

• put this big a spoiler in the achievments.

• let every important character die at the end of the Episode.

• render the choice of Sentinel useless. Episode 6's last achievment is called 'Sentinel'. But if the achievments would stand for a person who dies, then both Sentinel options would be dead already (OK, maybe they elected a new one, but still).

Also, Grand Maester Pycelle doesn't die in Episode 5.

I think it's more likely that it kind of represents the 'status' of the player: Starting very low ('Squire', House Forrester down), going over to 'Knight' (House Glenmore deal, Whitehill is stupid enough to disobey Ramsay Snow, Tyrion deal), then over to 'Master at Arms' (Glenmore alliance is build no matter what, more good things). Not sure about Castellan.

House Forrester is at it's Highpoint at 'Grand Maester'. Then everything goes to shit.

That's how I'd picture it.

• edited March 2015

As a grammar nazi, I've noticed a few "your vs you're" mixups in the GoT subtitles. I think the latest ones were in some scenes with Asher and Rodrik.

C'mon Telltale :T

• Nah, every final achievement for each episode is a higher ranking job in a house house than the last (for example episode 1 is squire then it goes higher from there after each episode eventually ending on episode 6 with one called "lord of Ironrath" IIRC). It's kinda like with The Wolf Among Us achievements where when you get all the book of fables entry for each episode you get an achievement that ranks you higher on your "librarian" status.

• Oh, thats actually a good explanation. thx :)

Green613 posted: »

Nah, every final achievement for each episode is a higher ranking job in a house house than the last (for example episode 1 is squire then i

• You grammar nazi, please leave us in peace!

Pride posted: »

As a grammar nazi, I've noticed a few "your vs you're" mixups in the GoT subtitles. I think the latest ones were in some scenes with Asher and Rodrik. C'mon Telltale :T

• Really?

That's fairly unusual for a fairly prominent game designer. In all frankness that is a tiny bit embarrassing.

Pride posted: »

As a grammar nazi, I've noticed a few "your vs you're" mixups in the GoT subtitles. I think the latest ones were in some scenes with Asher and Rodrik. C'mon Telltale :T

• Where does it say that?

Asher is 21 years old.

• Exiled at 17, fighting side by side by Beskha 4 years. So he is 21. I even updated the wiki myself lol.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Where does it say that?

• So that means 2 out of the 8 Forresters actually have official ages. Sometimes I wish they'd just throw some facts like that at us in the Codex or something.

Exiled at 17, fighting side by side by Beskha 4 years. So he is 21. I even updated the wiki myself lol.

• Maybe he met Berskha a few years later he was exiled.

Exiled at 17, fighting side by side by Beskha 4 years. So he is 21. I even updated the wiki myself lol.

• edited March 2015

Ser Royland and Duncan are really similiar to Lilly and Kenny from TWD
    All the time they are arguing about something, do not like each other.
    Even when we have to chose what to do with Whitehills solidiers;
    -Royland wanted to starve them(Lilly was giving food rations, and some people have to starve.)
    -Duncan wanted to drunk them(Kenny has alcohole problem) :P
    They are even look like Kenny and Lilly, they also have similiar character :P

• Dont be that guy. Anyway it makes sense he met Beskha as soon as he was exiled or shot after.

Miklaus posted: »

Maybe he met Berskha a few years later he was exiled.

• Worth noting there's a platinum trophy for "completing Season One of Game of Thrones."

• Yes, and one of them has an amazing beard, just like kenny.

Ser Royland and Duncan are really similiar to Lilly and Kenny from TWD All the time they are arguing about something, do not like each othe

• edited March 2015

I know, I just wanted to suggest that we shouldn't consider it the "official age".

Dont be that guy. Anyway it makes sense he met Beskha as soon as he was exiled or shot after.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2015

Ryon in Episode 1 has his sword, 'Two Brothers'. He has Ethan for strength, and Rodrik to remember. Ironically enough, Ethan dies and Rodrik lives, so it really should be the other way around.

Also, Rodrik uses that sword to get up in Episode 2, which has Ethan as strength and Rodrik's own name to remember his former strong self.

• Goosh...I feel teary...

Ryon in Episode 1 has his sword, 'Two Brothers'. He has Ethan for strength, and Rodrik to remember. Ironically enough, Ethan dies and Rodrik

• Anyone played the game in 3D ? (with 3D glasses of some sort?)

I have anaglyph glasses though they're not that great, there is a slight ghosting effect through them, but it's very cool to see the characters and scenes in their 3D selves. There are a few issues with the 3D as well, I found shadows didn't work out too well and there where a couple scenes where objects did downright strange things, but for the most part it really brought it to life. It maintains that sort of artistic feel to it, for example things in the distance look like a piece of paper behind that portcullis, but it enhances it and gives it a great artistic feel...

All this said, it started giving me a headache and half an hour is all I could do. Will give it a go again another time to see some other scenes in 3D.

• Finn's knife has the sigil of House Piper of Pinkmaiden Castle, a Riverlands vassal sworn to the Tullys, and Stark loyalists just like their liege lords. If Finn really did murder a Piper, then it's a wonder he wasn't executed then and there.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.